Make friends here!!!! - Page 46 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1351 of 1378 Old 02-22-2010, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, whaddya know? The thread's back in action?
I've been totally AWOL. Avoiding MDC a bit. I guess I've been getting too much of a pity party vibe lately. Plus, I'm getting involved with other things.

Redveg and Mittenskittens! I missed you guys! MK, so are you going to more to Canada or what?!?!

nice to meet you ANaturalPush, Laur318, mami to 3

and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1352 of 1378 Old 02-22-2010, 06:31 PM

BaBaBa!!! Redveg!!!

How the heck are ya??? It's been...like, forever...how's life?

MJ~ Proud mom to DS (4)
#1353 of 1378 Old 02-22-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

OMG!!! CameronsMama!
All's well here.
Can't chat right now gotta take DD to skating. Can't wait to catch up.

and
#1354 of 1378 Old 02-28-2010, 02:39 PM

I'm just not that much on MDC lately, seems to be a good sign, like me finding enough to do around here in rl (may it not be very spectacular things :-)

Sometimes I just check-in to see how you're all doing, but indeed not much going on on the 'no friend' thread, so this may be a good sign for not only me but most of 'us' finding our way :-)? No?

Makes me think... WHAT is he 'no hat thread'? Curious!!!

Me:,loving HB,two active sons of 3 & 5,1 cat, nature lover,,extbf,occ,SAHM, multicultural/lingual family,+/-cl, :become a better parent/person by not expecting to be the perfect parent/person
#1355 of 1378 Old 02-28-2010, 08:55 PM

Hey there- it's been forever!! I hope that you are all doing amazing!

(I update as much as I can)
#1356 of 1378 Old 03-04-2010, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hey mamas,
i spied a vegetarian? awesome. i'm vegan i recently made the switch a few months ago.
i cant wait to plant, but now i live in a condo and it's all gotta go in planters rather than in an actual garden. that makes me kind of sad, but i feel like a million bucks in my new condo. it has cathedral ceiling to start, but just having an upstairs and A HALLWAY is a luxury here it is in the middle of "the sticks", it's all woods around here it feels like camping 24/7 lol. it is an orginal native american area with the walking trails still active and there are farms not to far from here.
sure beats living in a packed-like-sardines apartment in the center of a run down suburban town. that was tough raising a baby in a place where you can see which newspaper your neighbors are reading. the houses were about a car's distance apart.
i'm so happy to bring my son up in a better life.
#1357 of 1378 Old 03-09-2010, 12:28 PM

Hey! I want to make friends!

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
#1358 of 1378 Old 03-21-2010, 04:31 AM

I want friends too.

Hello to all.
#1359 of 1378 Old 03-23-2010, 01:12 AM

Just thought I'd drop in and say "HI"-

It's been soooooooooooooo long since I've visited this thread, I only recognize a few names now- Hi MittensKittens, BaBaBa and RedVeg... I hope all is well with everyone. I've been limiting my time on MDC to my DDC (yep, baby is finally on the way ), but I've missed this forum. And now that I'm not working, I might find myself popping in here every once in a while again.
We've been in Dubai for...gosh, 7 months now, after traveling around Central America and living in Poland for a few months last summer. And, once again, I find myself in a foreign place with not really any real-life friends yet!

Anyway, it's nice to see both old and new names here.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#1360 of 1378 Old 03-23-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANaturalPush View Post
Hi!

Relatively new to MDC - trying to post as often as possible.
Looking for friends. :]
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laur318 View Post
hi mami i think you are very interesting!

i'm lauren. i would love to have some mothering friends. i am on DS and i think i might make friends there? HAHA!
i'm in the middle of a move ot a new town and i leave behind my childhood (child-LESS) friends in hopes of making mommy friends. i have a baby playdate tomorrow with 7 other babies! i am proud of myself for branching out!
is ANYONE from connecticut looking for mom friends? i'm 22 and awesome.
So do I mama of 3

Hi Lauren where in CT? My sis lives there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post
Hey redveg! Nice to see you. I haven't checked in here for a long, long while. Busy with work. I totally hear you on the winter darkness. I always feel a bit down during the winter. We live in an apartment, but when spring comes round I am intending to grow some spices on the balcony. Basil, thyme, mint, and perhaps some others. That's nothing like what you have though! How are your kids?
Hey, how are you? I hope everything is well. Kids are great, driving which is pretty scary. Herb garden sounds great. I love growing herbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBaBa View Post
Well, whaddya know? The thread's back in action?
I've been totally AWOL. Avoiding MDC a bit. I guess I've been getting too much of a pity party vibe lately. Plus, I'm getting involved with other things.

Redveg and Mittenskittens! I missed you guys! MK, so are you going to more to Canada or what?!?!
BaBaBa, how the heck are you? I too have been keeping a low profile here. I only check in a few places here now. I hope all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronsMama View Post
BaBaBa!!! Redveg!!!

How the heck are ya??? It's been...like, forever...how's life?
Good! How are things with you? Been thinking about all you mamas, but not much chatting going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laur318 View Post
hey mamas,
i spied a vegetarian? awesome. i'm vegan i recently made the switch a few months ago.
I am Veggie, almost Vegan but I just can't help having cheese every once in a while. I try to stay as close to Vegan as I can most of the time just don't consider myself one. Thinking about going the whole way though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalee2 View Post
Hey! I want to make friends!
Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady101 View Post
I want friends too.

Hello to all.
Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
Just thought I'd drop in and say "HI"-

It's been soooooooooooooo long since I've visited this thread, I only recognize a few names now- Hi MittensKittens, BaBaBa and RedVeg... I hope all is well with everyone. I've been limiting my time on MDC to my DDC (yep, baby is finally on the way ),
How wonderful mama So glad to hear this great news.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#1361 of 1378 Old 03-23-2010, 10:24 AM

Well hey mamas,

So glad to pop in here and see some wonderful news and some old and new friends As Spring is here I spend as much time as I can outside. There is not much time for the computer. I just don't have good time management skills Looking forward to opening the windows. I hope everyone has a great day

#1362 of 1378 Old 03-30-2010, 11:12 PM

So glad that Spring is finally here

#1363 of 1378 Old 04-20-2010, 12:06 PM

sooo.... who is actually following here? lets get chatting mamas!
#1364 of 1378 Old 04-23-2010, 04:00 PM

Oooh yay! I wanna be friends ! I even brought something fun

Happily married to the love of my life and proud AP, cosleeping, breastfeeding, unschooling, babywearing mommy to The Great Zozilla
#1365 of 1378 Old 05-08-2010, 11:04 PM

Hey mamas! Sorry that I've been so MIA lately. It's been a rough time here, but there has been some great news! I applied for a Bachelor of Social Work program back in January and was waiting patiently (or trying to....) to hear back. I was so happy to hear back from them yesterday saying that I got in!! I've been applying to programs for years and kept getting rejected, so to finally get in is a wonderful feeling.

Hope that you are all wonderful!!

#1366 of 1378 Old 05-10-2010, 04:01 PM

Hi Mamas (and papas?) I too am a loner, by choice though.
I have tons of people on facebook, old friends from hs etc..but that's as far as my friend thing goes. Depressing huh? I even avoid instant messages from people, and I dread seeing "you have 2 new messages" in my inbox on there as well.. I don't want to get personal with people.
I feel okay with it though. Most people in real life suck. I tend to get fed up or tire of "friends" in real life. I get bored with them, and I push them away. Well I lied a little just now, I'm NOT okay with it, I wish I could get along with people better, and have a special girlfriend to complain to about my husband; but I'm just so set in my ways now that I can't picture myself doing that anymore. I used to like people, well before my kids. I like my privacy and "freedom" of not having to go out and "hang" with them. KWIM? LOL This probably all seems weirdly worded to some on this thread, eh? It's hard to put into words I guess.

Mom to the best 4 little men ever! chicken3.gif
#1367 of 1378 Old 05-13-2010, 12:00 PM

Hello all How are things going? It looks like Spring might be here for good, at least I hope so. Been working in the garden when I can. Got a new puppy and adopted a new pig too I have been very busy with all the animals. Been feeling a bit on the lonely side, missing some real life conversation but I have the worst luck when it come to finding friends. Oh well, I guess it's time to get back outside.

Have a great day all!

#1368 of 1378 Old 05-26-2010, 10:40 PM

I think this is the tribe for me. We don't live where I grew up or went to college, so all my friends from those stages of life are far away, and I seem to find it hard to make friends now. I have some friends now, but they're not the same as my really good friends from growing up, ya know? I miss having that kind of friendship where I can call a friend up or show up at her door when I'm in tears over a fight with DH or who I can just hang out with, drink coffee or wine, and play a board game while laughing hysterically.

I guess that basically...

I just get LONELY!
#1369 of 1378 Old 05-27-2010, 11:19 PM

Hi there! I've just been really busy with school, but I'm proud to say that I've done all my work for the first module I've been working 9-5 and then studying in the evening, so I am really exhausted lately. I also get frustrated a lot more now, and get bad headaches too..... I'm a mess!

Hope you are all doing wonderful!

#1370 of 1378 Old 06-10-2010, 05:12 PM

I love this thread and decided to join...if there is any more room!

I just got back to mexico after living abroad all my life. My best friend is here but is moving away next month. I get along with a couple of mother´s from my son´s kinder...oh but nothing comes close to my "sisters"...miss ´em.

So I hope to meet you all, these online friendships seem strange to me, as if they weren´t real. But I wanna try.

Anyone around?

Carla
#1371 of 1378 Old 06-10-2010, 05:18 PM

#1372 of 1378 Old 08-23-2010, 08:01 PM

I've traveled a long way through many threads and shiny new ones to finally arrive at this door. It is nice to meet you and find that I actually do have a tribe. Its easy for me to remain in my brain thinking that I am alone. All the pre-baby friendships seem to have retreated into the woods! aaarrgh! I work full time (wish everyday that I could find more balance between work and home) Mother of a two year old son, Benjamin. Liam our faithful black and white cat is ill without definitive reason and we accompanied him to the vet today. It really was time for the bubs nap and so he screamed despite distractions through our appointment. What a trip to remain patient and then off to work! Exhausted! What to do? Talk to me about two year olds anyone?
#1373 of 1378 Old 08-24-2010, 03:28 AM

Hi mamas,

I was wandering aimlessly through all the various tribes, while procrastinating from doing work for my J-O-B, and had come to the conclusion that I just don't belong anywhere. When lo and behold...the "I have no friends" tribe appeared before me. WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!?!?

Oh my goodness, I am SOOOO lonely these days. DS is 14 months old and I've had a slow disappearance of all of my pre-baby friends happening for the past 23 months or so (since I spilled the beans about being preggo). I have even lost friends who are mamas themselves! WTH???

A little about me: I'm a WAHM of one bouncy baby boy, Nickolas; wife to my DH for four years, Chris, the love of my life ; I am well educated (BS, MBA) and have had a career in the banking industry for 12 years; and am apparently...friendless. I am trying to be crunchy, but haven't made the full leap just yet. Breastfeeding, cloth diapering, and co-sleeping with my toddler who was born naturally and drug-free in the hospital.

Won't you please be my friend??? Pretty please with some sugar???

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#1374 of 1378 Old 09-21-2010, 11:07 AM

I don't seem to have any friends right now besides my dog...between work and the children maybe I just don't have anything left..? But I used to have friends and would like to again...I'm just not sure how to make any in a small town with no time to spare and poor social skills.

mom to High Need DD 5 and DS 3
#1375 of 1378 Old 11-03-2010, 11:37 AM

Hello!! I am new to this whole blogging/forum thing and I just wanted to intro myself and say hello!! I am SUPER excited about being preggers again, and just want to connect with other mommies!!!

Marine wife and Mommy of 1 beautiful girl! Anxiously awaiting the arrival of our 2nd
#1376 of 1378 Old 11-03-2010, 11:40 AM

I'll be your friend..we sound kind of similar...I am bored at my J-O-B and I wish I was a WAHM...now that I am expecting again I am finding it hard to balance career with family!! I have a 4 year old daughter with my DH, and we are expecting our 2nd, and I all I want to do is be the BEST possibly mommy and I feel that I could be so much more productive in my kiddies lives if I wasn't spending majority of my time cultivating my career

Marine wife and Mommy of 1 beautiful girl! Anxiously awaiting the arrival of our 2nd
#1377 of 1378 Old 07-18-2011, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Is this thread still around or is there a new one I'm missing?

I used to be a social butterfly! However since I've become a mom I've become really introverted. Even when I'm not SAH and have been working or in school, I've been really shy and kind of think 'well since i don't have time to go out i shouldn't try to make friends' or 'i can't afford a babysitter so i can go out so i won't ask if there's room for one more' ya know? However I'm moving in about a month to go to college and want to make new friends in the small town I'm moving to. Any advice or suggestions on how to regain a social life while juggling family, school and work?

Thanks

be good family...

#1378 of 1378 Old 07-02-2013, 12:50 AM

Needing some encouragement and social interaction as well. Not only do I have 3 kids aged 4 and under, but I just moved overseas....I feel like young children and isolation is a recipe for insanity.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page