Mothering Forum banner

Make friends here!!!!

50K views 1K replies 56 participants last post by  EveAnnemarie 
#1 ·
Welcome everyone and anyone!

We've reinvented ourselves (or rather changed the name, we're still the same
) so if you find yourself unfulfilled in the friendship department, whatever the reason, or just want to chat, COME ON IN!
:

Help me out MittensKittens!

See less See more
#1,131 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by signingmamma View Post
Hola mammis

Can I join you??? Hope it's not to late, I havent introduced myself properly on the forums so I think I will here...

I'm 31 years old, mamma to Cata and due in early January with a baby boy, a total surprise. I never thought I would get pregnant again really, it was a complete surprise, but I'm nervous on how our finances will be going, we pulled DD out of the private school she was and we enrolled her in a public school, she's actually pretty excited to start there, and I love the fact that they teach the children LSE once a week, something that her other school does not have

Anyway, I work in a highschool, not much but I love my job. Socializing with all the teenagers, it gets me ready for when DD is a teen somehow and most of them are really funny. I'm also a LSE interpreter.
DH is deaf, but that hasn't really stopped him from working, he owns a hardware store (is that the way you call it? where they sell houseware, utensils, paints, etc?) and he has his own employees and it's slowly growing. Even though he says it's mine too though, but he does it all

I'm such a nighowl, it's 2am and I'm up and I dont plan to fall asleep anytime soon, DH is very comfortable reading his book and DD is watching TV. We didn't had power last night, all our neighborhood. So we were up last night becuase it was very hot to sleep and just uncomfortable we can get up to 40°C in summer. We slept all day and we got off schedule. Thank God it's sunday so we can sleep in without troubles.

Oh I thinkI bore you with all this chatter
Bye.
Hello and welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithappened View Post
popping in to say hi. Its been a really rough week for me. My computer died
and we have been on 'holiday' with my FIL which translates more to a stressful week for me then anything else.
I hope things get better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaBaBa View Post
:Sick, once again. I've never been as sick as I have this past year. Heaven help me if the swine flu comes knocking.

...and crawling out of the bowels of my own self pity
Got the news from DH last week that he won't be coming home now until the weekend. hmmm... I think he'll have been home 3 days in the past month?
Hope you feel better.

#1,132 ·
Well hello mamas. We made it back from our road trip. Wow, I am too old to drive for that amount of time. It was worth it though, I got a new puppy his name is Forseti, (we call him Seti). He's so good. Keeps me busy during the day. Funny thing is my pig is so afraid of him. She hasn't come out of her room all day! Well, I am going to make a cup of tea and journal.

#1,135 ·
Quote:

Woo hoo! Congrats on the new addition redveg! Now, what is up with that pig?!?!

What breed is the little guy?
Thanks. He's a Swedish Vallhund. Poor Eleanor, this morning she was so nervous to come out and eat. Now you know it's bad when a pig won't eat!

#1,136 ·
hello everyone
would you mind me joining your group of wonderful women?
I am very impressed by this forum, why I decided to become a part of it.
I am very fond of your strength and your abilities and I would be so unbelievably glad calling myself a member of your inner circle of strong and powerful women.

#1,138 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mandycancan View Post
hello everyone
would you mind me joining your group of wonderful women?
I am very impressed by this forum, why I decided to become a part of it.
I am very fond of your strength and your abilities and I would be so unbelievably glad calling myself a member of your inner circle of strong and powerful women.

Hi, welcome. Glad your joining!

#1,140 ·
Quote:

:Sick, once again. I've never been as sick as I have this past year. Heaven help me if the swine flu comes knocking.

...and crawling out of the bowels of my own self pity

Cupcake I joined zip.ca and I love it. I got the cheapest plan but I think I'm going to upgrade. I just watched Notes on a Scandal (
Cate Blanchett
Judi Dench) and they're mailing me Parrots of Telegraph Hill (which I know nothing about other than it's supposed to be good)

I hope that you feel better soon, BaBaBa! I'm still looking into movie clubs, yet I need to save money for school.
Notes on a Scandal was really good!

#1,141 ·
Quote:

Welcome signingmama
What's LSE?

Lengua de Signos Español, it's the spaniard version of ASL and thanks for the warm welcome.
I'm delighted that a public school is offeringa program like this, not even private school do it. It's a beautiful and difficult thing LSE just as every other sign language...

#1,142 ·
Ahhhhh! That's what i thought. So it's the same as ASL just with a Spanish name? We did signing with DD when she was a baby. She's not hearing impaired but I guess it's one of those trendy things
It was ASL. It's a wonderful thing that a public school would be offering it

Hey mandycancan

#1,143 ·
Yes, it varies a lot though. We also have Catalan Sign Language and Basque I think but I'm not sure within the same country.
DD is not hearing impaired by the way, DH is deaf so we use it a lot.

DD is starting school next week her last year of Kindy School
:

#1,145 ·
Morning mamas! How are you all?

I am still recovering from babysitting my friend's baby - roughly same age as my DS - last night. My DD didn't like it very much. When she's feeling blue, she pees herself
. She did it twice yesterday and last night as well, in the bed. Luckily, I had foreseen that one coming and put a diaper on her.

Is the weather getting any colder for y'all yet? The worst of the heat seems to have passed here, and the weather is pleasant now.

#1,148 ·
Happy Friday, ladies!

We have no plans in my house for the weekend-- DH had the screws pulled from his knee Thursday afternoon, so he's spending today and planning on the rest of the weekend spent arguing with me over who gets the La-Z-Boy! The last couple days I've been having a fair bit of pain in my hips and lower back, and I'm only really comfortable at that angle. DD should be getting a lot of time riding her bike today, in that case! :p

#1,149 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Hello all, where is everyone? I hope you are all enjoying the long weekend!

Hey!! I'm here... No big plans to report, maybe catch up on some late assignments. Well, one is late and one is due today. Not sure if I'll be done with it in time... So, just school and finish school shopping. It doesn't feel like such a weekend, but I'm gonna try to enjoy it and not get behind at the same time. Ugh. Boring.

#1,150 ·
Wow we are a wild bunch! No plans for us either. I have to do some work at our property so we can get the building finished to move in asap. The rate things are going that won't be for some time. I also have to type up the minutes from a meeting I had on Wednesday.

A 4 day weekend and my family is going to be all work and no play. At least we will be together. I hope everyone has a good one.

#1,153 ·
Maybe we will get off our gimpy bums this weekend after all.

DH's cousin got married last weekend on the mainland, but they're staying on Oahu for their honeymoon. So his cousin sent a text to see about doing dinner tomorrow, so we can meet his new wife and have a teeny family reunion of sorts (with the 5.5 of us).

#1,155 ·
He made an unscheduled stop at Pearl Harbor (he's in the Navy) about 3 months ago, and we got to see him for a couple days, but it was pretty rushed-- it mostly consisted of a couple quickie dinners because DH had to be at work at 5am the next day. Before that, it'd been about 5 years. It's been a pretty long time, since they grew up as close as brothers until DH joined the Army!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.