Forum Jump: 

Old 10-15-2009, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefodil View Post
Hi!! I'm new here!!

Considering taking some baked goods with me to a festival in a couple of weeks. However, our landlord (other side of the duplex) is on to us.... will baking release the aroma into the house?
I would say making the actual budder is the only thing that would be able to make such an aroma. Baking smells different, but like Chrip said, it's usually masked by other smells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post
LJ, love your post (as always)! I have seen that video before, the vapor brothers guy is fun to watch...

My tincture is now evaporating I wonder, how long will it take to evaporate down at room temp? It's in a widemouth mason jar covered with a thin piece of tightly woven material. I can't wait to try it! I used 5 grams of kind bud in 1 pint of 100 proof Smirnoff... any ideas what strength it will turn out to be??
Thanks Well, dp and I both agree, the Iolite would be the one we'd pick. If we haaaaad to. I heart both of them. I do like the ease of use w/ the VB and my purty new whip..and the glass, makes the tastes SO much better! The iolite does taste odd b/c of the plastic straw, imo. I don't like that part and wonder what I'm heating up and sucking down, kwim? However, it's SO stealth and looks like a you're drinking from a water bottle, etc. and the no smell part is rad! It's easy to take with you and use, which can be good and bad (dp walks around w/ it all day...).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirp View Post
i wish i had a magic weed sack.

just a nugget a day would be more than okay.

it's been nearly 3 months since i've smoked. no withdrawal, of course. but there are days...like rainy today, for instance, when a nice bowl and some hot cocoa are exactly what i'm hankering for.

i have the hot cocoa.

i'm almost thinking of smoking some stems!!!
Grind 'em up and make some budder or green dragon! Worth a try, eh? This is when you wish you had a vape..so you could use your vaped stuff and hit it again..or make something with it. It really, really is worth saving up for one. Sending many green vibes your way (unless you aren't smoking on purpose, of course )

Quote:
thanks!!

also, what's this tincture stuff that some of you all are talking about?
Tinctures. This site is great!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:55 PM

we're waiting. expense is an issue and we're not in the position for spending. tho it is our medicine...we're lucky enough to be buying food right now.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
Old 10-15-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirp View Post
we're waiting. expense is an issue and we're not in the position for spending. tho it is our medicine...we're lucky enough to be buying food right now.

Hugs mama. Sending good finances and medicine vibes your way.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:35 PM

When making tinctures, is it better to use fresh stuff or dried?

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

Old 10-15-2009, 08:48 PM

Old 10-16-2009, 02:19 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Hi, everyone! I posted here a bit last year and I've been mostly lurking since then. I hope everyone is well and has a good harvest!

I am considering buying a vape for DH.. LJ, I like the looks of the portable one you posted. Could you post if there is anything about it you discover that might make me hesitant to buy it?
Dh would be an occasional user, at best.. So I am reluctant to spend a huge amount on anything. We both feel that smoking is probably not the best way to use the herb.
Anyway.. I hope to be buying a vape soon, so any recommendations/suggestions/etc... are welcome!
Hi! We're glad you're here

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

Old 10-16-2009, 02:25 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhamom View Post
When making tinctures, is it better to use fresh stuff or dried?

I would prefer to use fresh, but probably because I have very limited access to fresh herb. Only once a year, and very small amounts. i just made my first batch with like a 3 to 1 ratio of fresh/dried herb. But I will defer to others with more experience than me =)
I just really liked the low cash investment (other than the herb) and healthier way to medicate vs. smoking... I hope it works out!!

Peace and green love to all mamas

Old 10-16-2009, 03:23 PM

Hey mamas!! Its been years since I posted anything on MDC but I used to frequent this thread.

Lots of great information here. Yippeee!!!

I would love a new vape but I spent a ton on the junk-o-vapor-daddy I never use, so its hard to justify. Maybe someday.

Off to check out that tincture link........

Blessings~

Mom to 3 Married to geek.gif for 10 wonderful years luxlove.gif
13 af.gif 9 goodvibes.gifand 6coolshine.gif

Old 10-18-2009, 10:49 AM

Wanted to say hi and introduce myself .. I am following this thread now that I found it .. lol .. DH will be so happy ..

can someone give me more info about smoking during pregnancy I have done it a few times but just wondering .. I have panic attacks alot and smoking seems to help just wondering how often is ok Thanks

Brandi : CDing , NonVacing , NonCircing momma to JohnPaul and a March 2010 Miracle while loving my hippie man Chandler
Old 10-18-2009, 06:45 PM

Hey ladies! So we've ended up with a bunch of prematurely harvested crap that is horrible no matter how you smoke it (or vape it!)...I don't want to just let it go to waste and I was wondering if anyone has any experience using it for a tincture. I know ideally you'd be using kind, but with the quantity I have (about 3/4 an oz.), could I make something worthwhile? I thought about baking with it too but I think I'd have to use a ton just to see an effect. I do have a vapor brother vape like the one in the video LJ posted but I've never made any green dragon before. I figure I could at least give it a try and use it (as in the video) to boost the thc content of any other not-so-great-it-sucks-being-poor that we end up with.

Thanks in advance.

And also, welcome Brandi! These ladies have tons of valuable information and if you have the time to find some previous threads, I'm sure you could find all the answers you've ever wanted.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

Old 10-19-2009, 10:15 AM

Woohoo! Go Obama! A step in the right direction!

New Medical Marijuana Laws

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

Old 10-19-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunanthem View Post

I was just reading about this on a diffrent site given to me by the MassCann orginazation and of course reading the comments I cant wait for the day all the pot hype goes away ! So these people were going on about pot causeing cancer and being worse then cigg smoking and what have you when this got posted

This is my understanding of the 2006 UCLA study led by Dr. Donald Tashkin

To compare the pulmonary hazards of smoking marijuana and tobacco, we quantified the relative burden to the lung of insoluble particulates (tar) and carbon monoxide from the smoke of similar quantities of marijuana and tobacco. The 15 subjects, all men, had smoked both marijuana and tobacco habitually for at least five years. We measured each subject's blood carboxyhemoglobin level before and after smoking and the amount of tar inhaled and deposited in the respiratory tract from the smoke of single filter-tipped tobacco cigarettes (900 to 1200 mg) and marijuana cigarettes (741 to 985 mg) containing 0.004 percent or 1.24 percent delta 9-tetrahydrocanabinol. As compared with smoking tobacco, smoking marijuana was associated with a nearly fivefold greater increment in the blood carboxyhemoglobin level, an approximately threefold increase in the amount of tar inhaled, and retention in the respiratory tract of one third more inhaled tar (P less than 0.001). Significant differences were also noted in the dynamics of smoking marijuana and tobacco, among them an approximately two-thirds larger puff volume, a one-third greater depth of inhalation, and a fourfold longer breath-holding time with marijuana than with tobacco (P less than 0.01). Smoking dynamics and the delivery of tar during marijuana smoking were only slightly influenced by the percentage of tetrahydrocanabinol. We conclude that smoking marijuana, regardless of tetrahydrocannabinol content, results in a substantially greater respiratory burden of carbon monoxide and tar than smoking a similar quantity of tobacco

Dr. Tashkin followed up this study with one where he hoped to prove (what on the surface should be an obvious link)

If pot has so much more tar etc, it must be much worse for you than cigaretts

IMAGINE HIS SURPRISE:

No other study sited in today's article, or ever conducted before, has had the sample size (thousands of people) and 30-year duration of Tashkin's study. It found that every HEAVY, DAILY use of smoked cannabis for 30 years DOES NOT increase the incidence of lung, throat, or head&neck cancer even ONE IOTA.

There are many other studies, such as the one cited today, that show carcinogens appearing in cannabis smoke in a petri dish. For decades tiny studies of a few animals or molecules in a petri dish have showed "increased risk" of cancer, but never the actual cancer itself.

Tashkin's landmark study showed why - despite having some of the same carginogens as tobacco smoke, HEAVY, LONG-TERM use of smoked cannabis DOES NOT increase the odds of getting cancer, and Tashkin actually recorded a small PROTECTIVE effect from cannabis smoking.

Remember folks this is the same (Republican) Doctor who said (and proved) that marijuana smoke is much denser, BUT ON THE SECOND EXPERIMENT HE CONCLUDED IT IS SAFER..

People killed by tobacco (440,000 a year) in America over the last 40 years.

Any one heard of this before ? Im too burnt on the reaserch I did yesturday to investagate it myself

Peace !

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
Old 10-19-2009, 04:15 PM

just found this thread. I have been smoking for about 6 months. Before that i never smoked. I enjoy it thoroughly but i am definitely not a connoisseur. I am lucky enough to not need it for medicinal use, but for pleasure. my husband does not know i do it.

how do i break the news to him?

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

Old 10-19-2009, 06:42 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunanthem View Post

I swear JoJo is right about them reading this stuff! Obama must and Still doesn't convince me to get a medical card, not completely anyway... But it makes me feel better =)

Old 10-19-2009, 06:51 PM

Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post
just found this thread. I have been smoking for about 6 months. Before that i never smoked. I enjoy it thoroughly but i am definitely not a connoisseur. I am lucky enough to not need it for medicinal use, but for pleasure. my husband does not know i do it.

how do i break the news to him?
seriously...tell your husband. there is nothing wrong with smoking MJ but many people do not see it that way...and the last thing you want is for him to feel like you are HIDING It from him. That will make it much worse than it is.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
Old 10-20-2009, 11:50 AM
~D~

I agree with chirp, it's important that you are honest with your DH. Maybe reverse the scenario and think how you would feel if he had been doing something for this long without telling you. It may not be as big of a deal as you may think. Just be truthful and it'll be okay... Do you know what his viewpoint is on MJ? I would also do some research in case he has questions... That way it has less of a chance of going badly if you can offer positive facts. You say that you don't need it for a medical reason, but I'm sure if you explore why you actually like to smoke, you may be surprised. Do you get all happy and motivated to clean or get stuff done while you smoke? Maybe you feel more relaxed and mellow, so you just have a better day overall. These are not physical needs, but emotional/mental needs that you may have and didn't even realize it before... I say think about why you like to smoke, because he is sure to want to know that, good luck

Old 10-21-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveJewel View Post
Mj, I believe, will aid humans as we approach carrying capacity on Earth of 10 billion people. It soothes the mind and massages the kinks out. It aids in the symptoms of overcrowded captivity. Most of the anxiety disorders appear like symptoms of laboratory animals or zoo animals. What is the difference between ocd and a polar bear pacing its enclosure? It's the brain stuck in a loop. And mj breaks up that path, offering options, something that people with pain or anxiety often feel lacking of.

Just my 2 cents; speaking to the choir i know.
I know you posted this several days ago but I started crying when I read this. The idea of breaking the loop of anxiety just really hit home. DH & I haven't partaken in a few months because of the need to find work & fear of drug testing. But because of the need to find work I am more anxious & need it more than ever. It makes me so sad!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:10 AM

I thought I would use the "ask the excperts " option to settle a little issue DH and I were disscussing . I know you can make tinctures with bud , but cant you also make it with trim and shake like when you make hash ?
TIA

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
Old 10-23-2009, 05:57 PM

How is it that I always forget this is here? I've posted in the past, just popping in to say hello to the autumn thread!

Someone school me (in lamens terms) what the new Obama thing is. I'm really just too lazy to go find out myself.

And to the above... seriously tell your husband. This is the sort of thing I wouldn't hide. Do you think he'll have a problem with it? Maybe he'll join in. DH doesn't partake, but he has no problem with it (except for when I used to be a habitual smoker and never did anything around the house ). He just doesn't do it because he has fears of getting hurt at work and having to get tested. I don't have to worry about that with my job, I'm self-employed!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

Old 10-23-2009, 06:28 PM

subbing!

i lost track of you all when my baby was born. im glad to have found this again.

~New natural Mama to my EBF preemie, Cameron~3-21-2009~10 wks premature~3lb 9.5oz~:
Old 10-23-2009, 08:35 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post
How is it that I always forget this is here? I've posted in the past, just popping in to say hello to the autumn thread!

Someone school me (in lamens terms) what the new Obama thing is. I'm really just too lazy to go find out myself.

And to the above... seriously tell your husband. This is the sort of thing I wouldn't hide. Do you think he'll have a problem with it? Maybe he'll join in. DH doesn't partake, but he has no problem with it (except for when I used to be a habitual smoker and never did anything around the house ). He just doesn't do it because he has fears of getting hurt at work and having to get tested. I don't have to worry about that with my job, I'm self-employed!
Welcome back!

Ok, the new Obama thing =) I will attempt to explain what the basic idea is. If I miss something, please feel free to help me out ladies =)

The way I understand it: the memo states is that in states where medical MJ has been approved, the feds are not supposed to use resources to prosecute dispensaries or medical mj cardholders. Because technically even though medical MJ has been passed in Michigan for example, it is still in violation of federal law. So medical users who have a valid license to posses & use mj won't need to fear federal prosecution. HTH

Old 10-23-2009, 08:58 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchen View Post
subbing!

i lost track of you all when my baby was born. im glad to have found this again.
Glad to have you!

Old 10-24-2009, 02:21 AM

Welcome again

Heh, it seems a little funny to me that when Obama was asked about MJ, in general, he laughed it off like a joke (I'm sure there could be a YouTube link inserted here showing him do so), now he kinda stands up for medical use. At least it is a slow pace in kind of the right direction (eye roll) Although, you all know what *I* think!!!

Personally, hemp is the way to go if you are thinking of a new direction in life. Is there a way you could help produce it, advertise it, etc.? It is the single most important resource out there. Do it industrially already, save this country!! Not 'you all' , I am just getting riled up again! All of the clothes, paper, fuel, etc. we could have by now.....oi.... All because our government can't make the distinction between male and female plants and even claims to believe in the old "hype" of marijuanna. Sadly, boo on us Our (US) heads seem to be too far up somewhere's.......(in general, you know what I mean, blah, blah, blah..)

Shannon- yes ... a jar for the trimmings hash is seriously concentrated though so you would need WAY more junk to make up for the resin in hash. There is even a YouTube video all about it

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
Old 10-24-2009, 11:57 AM

I am not thrilled with my DH right now. He's really struggling with controlling his use in regards to our budget, and not doing a good job of it. He was going through a LOT for a little while, and we had to have a talk about it, and he made a good effort to cut back to an amount that we could more easily afford.

Then he got some terrible tooth pain that lasted for 2+ weeks until he could get the root canal done. The ibu and even the vicodin rx'd to him only helped to a point, and he was highly irritable from the pain. So he was using more and more mj, to both help with the pain and to mellow out his mood so he wasn't being such a jerk.

Well, we had an extra quantity that was supposed to be passed on to a family friend. I asked him a couple of days if we still had enough left to do that, and he said no, he had dipped into it. That's fine, the family friend wasn't counting on it, it would've just been nice.

Then this morning, I asked him how much we had left, because I'm planning on doing some baking this next week. And he tells me that it's all gone.

This ticks me off because 1- he's going through a ridiculous amount right now, and it's more than what allows him to function optimally, 2- if we had given that to our friend, we would've received a bit of money, 3- we don't have any money to get any more right now, 4- the baked goods were to be a gift for some friends of mine at an out-of-state meetup I am going to next weekend, and 5- our landlord has passed on a warning (she smelled the imbibing) and DH and I had discussed this and he knows that we could get kicked out of our house if she smells it again. Instead of cutting back, he is actually using more, and just using smell-masking techniques.

And to top it off, he's being SUPER defensive about all of it, and still kind of jerky from the tooth pain, and I just want to hit him over the head with an umbrella, basically.

And now a question for you. We do have stems. Can I make budder with stems?
Old 10-24-2009, 10:26 PM

Has this ever occurred to you?

After reading your latest posts, I was finally willing to give a reply (and the reason I don't do it more often is because of this same reason) but it seriously took me an entire 15 minutes to finally log on because I refuse to let the password be on automatically and for some reason, for like the 5th time in 3 months, I've forgotten the password I had. (that's what happens when you're too lazy to actually create one and use that mix of #'s and letters that is impossible to memorize at my age)

Is it just me? Or isn't this process to create a new password quite complicated on here??? (As I wrote this I realize that it is precisely what I like about this site)

Anyway... carrying on...

I was interrupted 3x as I wrote the above, btw... Do you see why I need to smoke??

The truth is, it had been several days since I was able to get my medicine and those many days since my DH has been on a business trip... oy vey!

A new puppy whom I haven't quite accepted in our lives...(And who I didn't really want not because I don't appreciate them but I've never had any experience having dogs and wasn't feeling ready to want it at this point in my life)

A preteen son who's a slow learner but acting quite teenage like in many ways...egocentric, doesn't care to share much with his little sister, who reflects me by his anxiety in so many ways and makes me regret not having discovered this medicine years earlier when he was much younger (It may have saved me from so much of the struggle I've had with him - divorce, special education, economic woes, etc)

ok... jumping back in:

Jojo: What you said was absolutely right!! And thank goodness for demanding better, for expecting more and for not making excuses for lack of thinking on the part of the govt, any current govt. We need progress, we've been regressing in fact with so many people going on about how bad mj is, blah blah...

~D~: What you said...

Other post whose name escapes me, (is it Nemesis?), sorry: I agree that it's better to start being honest with your hubby. I would add that I truly believe women and particularly mothers are probably the biggest users and benefitters of this natural medicine from Mother Earth...

maybe that's why it's been so hard to legalize, because of oppression at work once again (not that it's a conspiracy theory)...

or the reason why something's finally being done about it after so many years...

If we are to go back to simpler times, back to basics, start gardening our own vegetables, raise our own children, become more self reliable and in turn save the planet, be more green, be less greedy, feed more people, survive at a more elevated level as a planet and act more HUMAN...

then WE MUST LEGALIZE MARIJUANA!

(I was interrupted nearly 6 more times... it's not easy)

:::
Old 10-25-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
And now a question for you. We do have stems. Can I make budder with stems?
im sorry to be of no help where it counts, but yes. dont let the budder get above 170*, even when baking. you have to bake really low and slow. my dh heats them on the stove, then soaks them in melted margarine, or oil, for 24 hours. then you can make a whole breakfast! we did on 4/20 last year. try making apple strudel. its the best with budder.

~New natural Mama to my EBF preemie, Cameron~3-21-2009~10 wks premature~3lb 9.5oz~:
Old 10-25-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinchen View Post
subbing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post
It's great to see you both again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
I thought I would use the "ask the excperts " option to settle a little issue DH and I were disscussing . I know you can make tinctures with bud , but cant you also make it with trim and shake like when you make hash ?
TIA
Yep. And for the earlier questions about fresh or dry, you can use both but if it is fresh you should heat it up slightly to activate the THC. There are so many variable when making things out of your bud, like using fresh or dry, shake/trim or only bud, indica vs. sativa, and the quality of the bud overall...so you really never know how strong it will be until you try it.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:19 AM

We just got back last night from our vacation to southern FL. Dp is a smart fella and we took our Iolite and some "oregano" along. So, Kara, we DID have our green magic and it DID make the trip that much better! I took a pic of the Iolite sitting out on the beach...it's so wonerful that we can use it outside and out in the open and NO ONE knows!

Watched this today and giggled. Warning...Family Guy...so if you get offended easily, run away! Off to make everything better now :

User Tag List