Summer MJ/Cannabis Mamas!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 509 Old 08-20-2009, 05:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rebecca - I just wanted to say I feel your pain. DH and I were recently outed on a family vacation and you would have thought we were complete deadbeats the way they were acting. Meanwhile DH is a very hard-working nice guy that everyone in the family adores...yet the still freaked out at us. It's completely hypocritical too because nobody seems to have any issue with drinking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 509 Old 08-20-2009, 08:46 AM

We're closing on our house today! Im so freakin happy! Our closing date has been moved so many times, we've had so many hoops to jump through, this has been such a stressfull summer! Hopefully we can get it fixed up and move in before baby comes! Im 36 weeks today! AND we got some GREAT news....we thought we were goin gto have to shell out an additional 3grand for closing costs at closing and turns out we didnt just break even, but we're getting money BACK! Thats more money we can put into the house! and DD and DS get their new "no plastics no junk" toy shopping spree! We dont have to take any of the crap with us and they get a whole new playroom! Im so jazzed for them! I had to share with someone and I love y'all so much! happy happy happy! I couldnt even sleep last night, we stayed up till 2 am talking about plans for the house. sigh......I cant wait to get in there and nest!

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#183 of 509 Old 08-20-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
Anyone know how to get THC out of the system for a drug test? YIKES! I may have to take a test for a new job next week. It will have been atleast 1 week since the last time we smoked, but I am not sure if that is long enough. DH is also looking for a new job & we don't know if/when he may have to take one as well. So any reliable info on detox is appreciated! Thanks!

Postive vibes on the job front would be great as well. DH last his job 2 weeks ago, after 2 years of financial disaster, so we are sinking fast. I have been a SAHM for 5 years. I am not wanting to go back to work, but this job would be perfect if I have to get a job.
I have a friend who is a pharmacist and was just getting the low-down on this for another friend who is in the same boat as you.

It will take up to 6 weeks to get out of you system, give or take depending on your size. But, his foolproof method is this:

2 hours before your drug test, drink 2 gallons of water. Make sure to pee twice before you pee for the test. Take a B vitamin (this will make your urine yellow) or niacin tab along with the water. When you take the test, don't start peeing in the cup until half way through the stream.

My friend (who needs to pee clean) has also been making herself sweat a lot (working out) hoping to sweat it out. And drinking lots of water and juice daily. The pharmicist said that's good and all but the only thing that matters is the day of the test.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#184 of 509 Old 08-20-2009, 01:01 PM

Thanks all fot the info & vibes : I did some research & I'm going to try a few things just in case. I will definatly be doing the gallons o' water & B vit before the test.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#185 of 509 Old 08-20-2009, 04:36 PM

View Post

#186 of 509 Old 08-20-2009, 11:00 PM

as pot smoking teenagerI had a friend in state custody who got notice the night before when she had to test the next day after school and she never failed by using this tried and true method ( remember this is on HS time) that night she woud overload on cranberry juice becouse it cleans out your system and makes you pee , She would wake up on a tight water chugging diet peeing only twice until after luch and then would pee clear and have it temp checked.

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#187 of 509 Old 08-21-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg784 View Post
We're closing on our house today! Im so freakin happy! Our closing date has been moved so many times, we've had so many hoops to jump through, this has been such a stressfull summer! Hopefully we can get it fixed up and move in before baby comes! Im 36 weeks today! AND we got some GREAT news....we thought we were goin gto have to shell out an additional 3grand for closing costs at closing and turns out we didnt just break even, but we're getting money BACK! Thats more money we can put into the house! and DD and DS get their new "no plastics no junk" toy shopping spree! We dont have to take any of the crap with us and they get a whole new playroom! Im so jazzed for them! I had to share with someone and I love y'all so much! happy happy happy! I couldnt even sleep last night, we stayed up till 2 am talking about plans for the house. sigh......I cant wait to get in there and nest!
That is so wonderful to hear,mama! Especially getting some coin back! That is freaking awesome! : Congrats again...let us know if you need any help
#188 of 509 Old 08-22-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
as pot smoking teenagerI had a friend in state custody who got notice the night before when she had to test the next day after school and she never failed by using this tried and true method ( remember this is on HS time) that night she woud overload on cranberry juice becouse it cleans out your system and makes you pee , She would wake up on a tight water chugging diet peeing only twice until after luch and then would pee clear and have it temp checked.
Thanks! I will be doing this. Why the only peeing twice though? That might be tough to do

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#189 of 509 Old 08-22-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMum View Post
Rebecca - I just wanted to say I feel your pain. DH and I were recently outed on a family vacation and you would have thought we were complete deadbeats the way they were acting. Meanwhile DH is a very hard-working nice guy that everyone in the family adores...yet the still freaked out at us. It's completely hypocritical too because nobody seems to have any issue with drinking.
Oh gosh. I can't even imagine how awful to be outed on vacation. The whole stigma has still been just grating on my nerves lately. And then, we find out one of the ppl who has been hating on us the most, smoked pot with one of her ex-gf's. The hypocrisy and the lying is just unbelievable.

maciascl - I know someone who smoked pot while on probation, and peed clean every single time using Stat Flush. It's a little thing of 5 pills, you take it about an hour before the test. You have to abstain for two days before the test, though. I'm not too sure on how long it takes, but it comes with instructions! Said person bought it at a smoke shop, it was about $25.

DP and I are going to be moving into a bigger apartment soon (more room for DD to crawl!) and I feel like everywhere I turn, there are boxes. We're not even all the way packed up, but I don't think we have the space for more boxes lol. I'm so excited though! : We're not switching apartment complexes, so I'm hoping it'll be a fairly easy move.

Rebecca DP
our baby girl (12/2008)
#190 of 509 Old 08-23-2009, 11:01 PM

I dont get the peeing twice thing ethir but thouse were the directions Someday these remedies will fall in to urban loar cuz no one will care any more about whos smoking pot . Best of Luck

and to the gals that are moving . It seems for the better but I really dislike the chaos of moving

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#191 of 509 Old 08-24-2009, 09:17 AM

Hi, I had posted a few months back and found you all to be quite helpful so here I am again looking for help I have a question for those of you (if any of you) who may live in the Eastern half of CT (preferably the North East section). However because there are people on some of boards that know me I would rather ask via PM, so anyone who could PM would be a great help. Gosh, this post sounds so under cover *LOL* :

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#192 of 509 Old 08-24-2009, 01:38 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
Thanks all fot the info & vibes : I did some research & I'm going to try a few things just in case. I will definatly be doing the gallons o' water & B vit before the test.
Energy drinks will do that too, make your urine darker, I mean. I don't use it to clean out or anything, but I do notice that when I have 1 or 2 of the no carb Monsters I think they have lots of B too... GL

Also a shout out to all u awesome : mamas here, I don't get to stop by as much as I should but much : love to everyone!! :

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#193 of 509 Old 08-24-2009, 01:46 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg784 View Post

AWESOME!! It's great to hear about someone doing good!! =) WOOHOO!!:

#194 of 509 Old 08-26-2009, 04:03 PM

Quick chime-in with another little factoid for all the mamas...

Just finished reading a wonderful book called, "What Makes You Tick?: The Brain in Plain English" by Thomas Czerner. Our mind is basically a symphony of electrical pulses all singing and harmonizing together. All of our thoughts and actions are based on the strength and timing of bursts of electricity coming from one hundred billion neurons, the same number of stars in our galaxy!

Anyway, the reason I am posting is that there was one quote that stuck with me that I think you'll appreciate.

"Half of the homicides committed in the United States are committed under the influence of alcohol, and this does not include the additional toll from drunk driving."

Holy smoke! Half! That sounds like a lot! This statistic is linked to studies showing low serotonin (moodiness, depression, violence, suicide) and high norepinephrine (excitability, violence, anger expressed outward rather than inward) in people with a relatively common genetic defect (40% of the population). The defect fails to produce an enzyme that converts tryptophan from food into serotonin (the Thanksgiving euphoria). Under normal circumstances, this is not a problem, but when such an individual is under the influence of stress or alcohol and the serotonin is not there to calm them, outwardly directed random acts of aggression can lead to tragedy.

Interesting...
#195 of 509 Old 08-26-2009, 07:45 PM

Olive - that is interesting , a study thaat I saw recently disscussed how leaving a baby to cry it out provides undue stress burning out the sertonin receptors , so it wouldnt really surprize me to hear that so much of the American population has this disorder.

#196 of 509 Old 08-26-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
Olive - that is interesting , a study thaat I saw recently disscussed how leaving a baby to cry it out provides undue stress burning out the sertonin receptors , so it wouldnt really surprize me to hear that so much of the American population has this disorder.
Wow! What an interesting study! Makes sense! Only the neurons that get used get strengthened. Soothing the baby allows serotonin to be taken up and if the serotonin isn't getting taken up the brain will not reinforce the serotonin receptors!

Makes me think of when my DM says stuff like, "We did it to you (cry it out; readily giving antibiotics/dimatapp/fever reducer; using sugar as an incentive; early weaning) and you turned out fine!" But I don't fault my mom for a second; she always tried her very best as a parent and even moved beyond a lot of the crap that was handed to HER! It's just nice to get these other refreshing perspectives!
#197 of 509 Old 08-28-2009, 02:31 AM

There's a loooooot of post in this thread :

I didnt read through all of them, I'll try tomorrow when Im not multitasking so many things, so excuse me if this has been already mentioned. Does anyone has advice on breastfeeding and smoking MJ?

I didnt smoke or ate or anything while I was pregnant. It was just a personal choice, but does anyone here smokes and breastfeeds?

I've smoked like 3 times after she was born and I didnt notice anything different in her, but I always did it once she was asleep. I'm very curious because I've been suffering from some moderate to severe pain in my joints and the doctor prescribed me naproxen, I took it once and it didnt do anything. I just saw it can have some really bad side effects in the baby.
#198 of 509 Old 08-28-2009, 09:42 PM

Hey mamas!!! I haven't caught up on the entire thread or this month yet but wanted to post quickly on a few things I saw on this page... then I'll back track

First, hola Buddahmom. We're in RI now but right on the border... jumped it to get legal and all since Micah qualifies. I'll PM you in a minute and see if I can be of any assistance since we have a bit of history with the subject matter of the thread Hope all is well with you. I saw you were considering chopping the ole' dreadies but I haven't caught up on that thread either. I never talk there, just read.

ON THE TOPIC OF URINE TESTING!!!!!!!!!

Please please please... if you value the job or feel strongly about the reason you need to even take a piss test - DON NOT RISK any "remedies". I would personally only believe the results of a remedy if the person telling me about it was the one that had the results. No offense on those passing on suggestions!!! Just saying...

That said... my hubby is a high voltage electrician and can't afford to eff around, and NOT for lack of a more fitting expression. He is a daily partaker as am I and he has always, always passed using Quick Fix. It is a synthetic urine which is IDENTICAL to any urine tested in a lab. It's about 35 bucks online or in the head shop. Most synthetic urines are absolutely WONDERFUL and work perfectly as they can't be detected as fake in lab testing. They are identical in every property including gravity. All but DNA... and if your company is testing your DNA, then you probably shouldn't be smoking They even come with a little heat pack and a temp gauge attatched. DH always throws his on the dash in the car before hand. He has passed 5 tests this way. Remember, it is ILLEGAL for anyone to actually view you while in the bathroom stall. You have a right to privacy. You emtpy your pockets in front of them and leave the toilet unflushed ( which you will put the remaining urine into so it appears as though you peed ) then proceed out as normal with some warm THCless pee pee. BTW... this product comes in a small container which can easily be stuffed in your britches to stay warm or for the more paranoid - taped to the inside of your thigh Urine should be between 90-102 degrees while tested. Anything else fails. AND if your urine is too diluted looking( as in almost clear ) they can fail you by asking for another sample on another day for suspision purposes.

Someone who can pass a test by just diluting urine with large amounts of water and/or cranberry juice probably didn't have that much THC in their system to begin with. Maybe not but this is just according to scientific fact. THC is fat soluable. It is also metabolized in the fat of the human body. It takes 30 days for a person who smokes with regularity but someone who only occasionally partakes may be able to metabolize it out in less time depending on the frequency of use and quantity. Individual metabolism plays a big part too.

The safest way to pass a test ( unless you like to gamble ) is labratory quality urine. Passing a test is nerve wracking no matter which method one chooses... it's the results that really matter in the end. Hope my very NON expert offering is helpful to anyone searching.

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#199 of 509 Old 08-29-2009, 02:33 AM

I've used faux-pee to pass a test for a job. Worked like a charm. The only instance when you'll get watched for a pee test is when you're on probation. Then, they get someone of the same sex to watch you pee.

Oh, and I didn't put the remainder of the faux-pee in the toilet, I put my own pee in the toilet LOL. I felt very sneaky doing that.

Rebecca DP
our baby girl (12/2008)
#200 of 509 Old 08-29-2009, 02:34 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkymommi View Post
Hey mamas!!! I haven't caught up on the entire thread or this month yet but wanted to post quickly on a few things I saw on this page... then I'll back track

First, hola Buddahmom. We're in RI now but right on the border... jumped it to get legal and all since Micah qualifies. I'll PM you in a minute and see if I can be of any assistance since we have a bit of history with the subject matter of the thread Hope all is well with you. I saw you were considering chopping the ole' dreadies but I haven't caught up on that thread either. I never talk there, just read.

ON THE TOPIC OF URINE TESTING!!!!!!!!!

Please please please... if you value the job or feel strongly about the reason you need to even take a piss test - DON NOT RISK any "remedies". I would personally only believe the results of a remedy if the person telling me about it was the one that had the results. No offense on those passing on suggestions!!! Just saying...

That said... my hubby is a high voltage electrician and can't afford to eff around, and NOT for lack of a more fitting expression. He is a daily partaker as am I and he has always, always passed using Quick Fix. It is a synthetic urine which is IDENTICAL to any urine tested in a lab. It's about 35 bucks online or in the head shop. Most synthetic urines are absolutely WONDERFUL and work perfectly as they can't be detected as fake in lab testing. They are identical in every property including gravity. All but DNA... and if your company is testing your DNA, then you probably shouldn't be smoking They even come with a little heat pack and a temp gauge attatched. DH always throws his on the dash in the car before hand. He has passed 5 tests this way. Remember, it is ILLEGAL for anyone to actually view you while in the bathroom stall. You have a right to privacy. You emtpy your pockets in front of them and leave the toilet unflushed ( which you will put the remaining urine into so it appears as though you peed ) then proceed out as normal with some warm THCless pee pee. BTW... this product comes in a small container which can easily be stuffed in your britches to stay warm or for the more paranoid - taped to the inside of your thigh Urine should be between 90-102 degrees while tested. Anything else fails. AND if your urine is too diluted looking( as in almost clear ) they can fail you by asking for another sample on another day for suspision purposes.

Someone who can pass a test by just diluting urine with large amounts of water and/or cranberry juice probably didn't have that much THC in their system to begin with. Maybe not but this is just according to scientific fact. THC is fat soluable. It is also metabolized in the fat of the human body. It takes 30 days for a person who smokes with regularity but someone who only occasionally partakes may be able to metabolize it out in less time depending on the frequency of use and quantity. Individual metabolism plays a big part too.

The safest way to pass a test ( unless you like to gamble ) is labratory quality urine. Passing a test is nerve wracking no matter which method one chooses... it's the results that really matter in the end. Hope my very NON expert offering is helpful to anyone searching.
Awesome post, milkymommi!!
I think you are totally right, and hey $35 is well worth it for not having to worry and maybe flunking a test...

#201 of 509 Old 08-29-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkymommi View Post
So there is no way for them to know it is fake pee? I have see it, but was afraid they (the people doing the tests) would know that it wasn't real. Interesting! I didn't get the job, so I won't need to take the test after all. However, DH is job hunting so we are still abstaining for now.

#202 of 509 Old 09-01-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
quote removed by admin

Thanls. I too trust more weed than a weird medicine with a bunch of side effects. Im gonna give it a try and see if it relieves the pain I've been in lately, if not at least I'll sleep better.

Im a bit scared though, lately I've been experiencing some anxiety and sometimes when I smoked (very rarely I got very anxious) so Im wondering if it'll make it worse.

Anyone has any advice on that?
#203 of 509 Old 09-01-2009, 11:25 AM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraji View Post
Thanls. I too trust more weed than a weird medicine with a bunch of side effects. Im gonna give it a try and see if it relieves the pain I've been in lately, if not at least I'll sleep better.

Im a bit scared though, lately I've been experiencing some anxiety and sometimes when I smoked (very rarely I got very anxious) so Im wondering if it'll make it worse.

Anyone has any advice on that?
I've had that happen, too.... although the incidents were far apart & not related to each other. I just make sure not to smoke more than what I needed, sometimes getting too stoned can do that. Also, if you try another way to get your green on that might help, too. =) : I'm talking about making brownies or another treat with *budder*... I've noticed that the effects are much more mellow and last longer, too. But I hardly ever have enough to cook with it, so those treats are rare around here...

But as far as medicating for pain, it should help... Especially if it's tension related. I get bad tension headaches that run into the scary *migraine* territory, so I can say that honestly it helps.

#204 of 509 Old 09-01-2009, 03:54 PM

#205 of 509 Old 09-01-2009, 05:54 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
: **awesome**

#206 of 509 Old 09-03-2009, 01:40 PM

hey everyone!

do they keep moving this thread around? wasn't it in another section? i'm always losing track!!

i was excited to open up the rope link but it didn't work...anyone else having that problem?

i came a-searching for this thread again because my in-laws said something that really makes me feel icky about them and i'm just looking for some support.

i smoke. regularly. even whilst pregant and breastfeeding. which i am currently BOTH. the last time we visited both MIL and SFIL started a convo (they were PISS DRUNK--and both smoke regularly too!) about how if the baby 1 and baby-in-utero got taken away from us would we be angry if they tried to fight for custody.

ok...seriously...they drink and drive all the time. i don't want them babysitting, nevermind fighting for custody. i explained to them that they don't take your kids away for smoking. you just get child services on your ass until your drug tests are clean for 6 months er whatever.

but they were insistent. with their alcohol breath all up in my face. "BUT IT COULD HAPPEN, AND WE WOULD WANT THEM. YOU GUYS AREN'T CAREFUL...BLAH BLAH BLAH"

and you know what. even though they would not stop the convo then and there, that wasn't was pissed me off. the fact that the convo was obviously premeditated and they had talked about it before was what got me upset. almost like they were counting on it happening, or something.

and ftr...we are careful. we just don't feel the need to hide it around family because they ALL SMOKE TOO!!

i just can't get this convo out of my head.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
#207 of 509 Old 09-03-2009, 06:01 PM

i know!! i mean, i don't THINK they have a nasty plan up their sleeve to get me and my husband in jail...but i think they really would try to take the children and get custody of them even though their lifestyle is no better (and in my opinion--worse!) than ours.

i felt like...okaaay...and then when would happen when we got out of this "jail?" would you give them back?

it just totally creeped me out. and any of my non smoker friends who i could talk about this just chalk it up to me being paranoid. but seriously...i got seriously creeped out about this conversation. even now, two-three weeks later, i'm still totally creeped out.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
#208 of 509 Old 09-03-2009, 06:26 PM

Chrips, what does your other half have to say about it all? They are his parents, can he talk to them? I agree, that is creepy and weird!
#209 of 509 Old 09-03-2009, 06:33 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirp View Post
i know!! i mean, i don't THINK they have a nasty plan up their sleeve to get me and my husband in jail...but i think they really would try to take the children and get custody of them even though their lifestyle is no better (and in my opinion--worse!) than ours.

i felt like...okaaay...and then when would happen when we got out of this "jail?" would you give them back?

it just totally creeped me out. and any of my non smoker friends who i could talk about this just chalk it up to me being paranoid. but seriously...i got seriously creeped out about this conversation. even now, two-three weeks later, i'm still totally creeped out.

I would be too... That's so awful that you have to deal with this now.

#210 of 509 Old 09-03-2009, 06:43 PM

I'd be creeped too.

Living and learning with my four young ones......

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page