Huge Tracts of Land Tribe - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 08-12-2009, 02:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ursula66, I started the same size as you, and have been reasonably happy with the bras I got at motherhood.com, I got a 34F to allow for rib cage growth during pregnancy. I did have to take up the straps a LOT to be able to get them high enough though, they would have been down to my belly otherwise LOL. No idea why they think people with big boobs are either 7 feet tall, or want their boobs to sag down into their bra, it is simply not true.

Jessica , wife to L (8-5-05), Mama to H (9-18-09)
Regretting our decision to circ after complications that could have killed our baby boy!
#32 of 51 Old 08-17-2009, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

I have decided, I would like to go back to a 36 DD.

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#33 of 51 Old 08-18-2009, 05:42 AM

Well, I just splurged and got a 36 G (I think) nursing bra...Beauty bylpar Jeunique with Banderin (built on "bridge construction" technology). I get AMAZING lift (for it not having an underwire) but I'm not sure it's the most comfortable bra in the world. The cups seem to be comfortable, it's the band around the ribcadge that isn't so much. I've only worn it for a few hours so far, though, so I'll try to let you know if that changes with time. I don't see a website on their "instruction book" for the bra (yeah, I KNOW!) but they have offices in Germany and the USA and Canada, maybe? Phone number is 909.598.8598 and fax is 909.594.8961. You could probably call/fax and ask for them to send any materials. The bra ran me roughly $100, but that was here in Israel, so it might be slightly cheaper in the USA (where it was imported from). The problem is that I couldn't "fit" a bra through the internet...so needed to try them on and decided to just buy where I was.

Oh wait: here is a new website I found: http://www.healthybraboutique.com/

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#34 of 51 Old 08-19-2009, 09:37 PM

wow! a monty python reference and big boobs home. i really fit in with my 36 h/i. hi everyone! i just ordered 3 different nursing bras from breakout bras. i'll let you know what i think when i get them.

"what the curtains?" lol
#35 of 51 Old 08-19-2009, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Hello! :

hmmmm, jul511riv- I think the band is what's actually supposed to hold everything up. I hope it works well for you!

The bras I've had that lifted, and actually held up were ones built like that.

I actually got fitted at the hospital's bra boutique, after ds1 was born.

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#36 of 51 Old 10-15-2009, 05:02 PM

Okay, here's one for you..

Where can I find a nursing bra that lifts and separates... comes in a 34F... and will fit on a really petite frame? I'm barely 5 feet tall, it's all legs, and every bra I've ever tried that has even acceptable cup room digs into my underarms and the straps are too long.
I feel like I might as well be trying to wear a bullet-proof vest.

I'm a tiny gal and I have NO idea why my breasts get so freaking large while pg and nursing because they're just a regular old B cup when I'm neither.
I can't stand the looks I get either... those "Oh, yeah, those are real" looks.
I feel like living in a T-shirt that say I'M NURSING!!

Baby #3 is due in a couple of weeks and I haven't even bothered to get a bra this time. Don't know what I'm going to do...

Aimee CageFreeFamily
Mama to Quinn 7, Nichola 3, & Simone 5wk
#37 of 51 Old 10-18-2009, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Try this link...

http://www.laurensilva.com/anita_mat...bras_s/455.htm

or this one...

http://www.barenecessities.com/catal...yle=12&vendor=

HTH!

Niemals Gewalt
#38 of 51 Old 10-18-2009, 11:57 PM

Awesome, thank you!
The La Mystere looks like it might work.

Aimee CageFreeFamily
#39 of 51 Old 10-19-2009, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

they are very pretty. I'm in love with the Anita bras myself. those have served me very well for the whole last year.

Niemals Gewalt
#40 of 51 Old 10-19-2009, 08:28 PM

I tried the Anita bras with my last baby, but the cups and band are cut too high for my super small frame, so they dug in in all the wrong places and the straps were too long.

I'm really hoping I'll find something this time. I lived in TX last time and couldn't find any summer clothes that covered the huge padded straps and high cut cups. I was feeling pretty depressed that time around. Hard to wait a year to get your body back and then still feel inhibited...

Aimee CageFreeFamily
#41 of 51 Old 10-23-2009, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

ITU...

Niemals Gewalt
#42 of 51 Old 06-17-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
Well, I just splurged and got a 36 G (I think) nursing bra...Beauty bylpar Jeunique with Banderin (built on "bridge construction" technology). I get AMAZING lift (for it not having an underwire) but I'm not sure it's the most comfortable bra in the world. The cups seem to be comfortable, it's the band around the ribcadge that isn't so much. I've only worn it for a few hours so far, though, so I'll try to let you know if that changes with time. I don't see a website on their "instruction book" for the bra (yeah, I KNOW!) but they have offices in Germany and the USA and Canada, maybe? Phone number is 909.598.8598 and fax is 909.594.8961. You could probably call/fax and ask for them to send any materials. The bra ran me roughly $100, but that was here in Israel, so it might be slightly cheaper in the USA (where it was imported from). The problem is that I couldn't "fit" a bra through the internet...so needed to try them on and decided to just buy where I was.

Oh wait: here is a new website I found: http://www.healthybraboutique.com/
I ordered my 36 G by Jeunique from www.birthandbaby.com. Great customer service! They really want to help you find a bra that fits correctly for nursing not necessarily for the sexy factor. The only thing is they don't keep a lot of inventory, so they may be out of stock and have to backorder. However, they have what's called a Client Direct Program - you order directly from Jeunique but get customer service from Birth and Baby (including a nicer return policy!)
The bra is a bridge for sure, but I look about 10 lbs lighter with the girls hiked up to where they're meant to be. The band does take some getting used to, but it is way WAY more comfortable than an underwire trying to support all this tissue! I have also had to adjust to the shoulder clips which are not easy one-handed, but the openings aren't made for nursing per se - they allow you to truly lift your boobies into place. So hard to explain but I am a true believer! This cost about $65 plus tax and shipping - the prices vary depending on whether you get Made in the USA or not.

Oh, and "hi!" I think I found my tribe.

I was a 34 DD before babies, and now I'm a 36G. I love my boobs, but finding a decent nursing bra in this size has been an ordeal.

SAHM with amazing DP, brilliant DS (10/18/07) and sweet-as-pie DD (1/26/10). We are extended BF, bedsharing, babywearing, CD, novax, no circ, UP, simple living and happy to be here!
#43 of 51 Old 06-20-2010, 05:06 AM

I'm now pretty solidly a HH, and I could probably wear a 32 band, but I'm wearing a 34H Freya. I like it more than the Jenique, for sure...waaaay more comfortable! But still, not perfect. I go braless a lot. I dont like it, but I'm getting really frustrated.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#44 of 51 Old 08-02-2010, 06:12 PM

Oooh, another group to join!

Right now, I wear a Goddess brand 38J. I think that will be changing soon. I am already starting to grow in the boobs. Prior to pregnancy, the bra was a PERFECT fit, now I take it off and there are red marks everywhere. You can see the seam indentations from the cups on my breasts.

There is a great shop in St Louis that I go to usually for my bras. I have to drive over 2 hours to get there, but there just isn't any place around here for me to get them. And I am NOT going to spend that kind of money on a bra without trying it on first.

On another note, I just bought a T-shirt not too long ago from thinkgeek.com that says "Huge Tracts of Land" on it. I've gotten several compliments from other women who love Monty Python.

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#45 of 51 Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

I just got this one and it fits beautifully, and is very comfortable! I can hardly believe it's true!

Niemals Gewalt
#46 of 51 Old 08-04-2010, 12:06 PM

Do I fit in here? I was just diagnosed with 34DD boobs. I had been wearing a 34 C and kinda spilling out of that size. I went to Victoria's Secret for giggles and the girl said I was not a 34C at all. I let her measure me - 34DD. Tried a few on and they fit like a glove. I measured myself again at home and am indeed a 34DD. My problem is finding bras. I cannot find any cheapie bras at walmart, target or hanes that come in my size. I'm picky with bras - I like cotton. I don't like any padding or thick lining. It seems that everything is made of synthetic materials and comes with tons of padding. And I can't spend $50 a bra. My mom got me a couple of VS bras as a gift and I did find 2 on clearance for $12.99 on their site. Anyone have luck finding organic bras in large sizes?

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#47 of 51 Old 08-09-2010, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

'diagnosed' !!

Oh, and yeah, I think if you feel like you're in possession of some serious umm... 'acreage' then you fit in here!

Niemals Gewalt
#48 of 51 Old 08-13-2010, 02:04 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I need a new diagnosis and i just dont want to know what it is... ugh

I usually get my bras from Lane Bryant. They have all cotton, no wire and seem to tolerate washing pretty well. Cacique line and they are availabe on line up to 48ddd i think. All cotton is a must here in AZ!

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#49 of 51 Old 02-24-2011, 04:44 AM

I'm exactly the same! I've always had large boobs, 32E/F, but now after I've been pregnant I'm a G and they're all saggy and have lost their shape!

When I was pregnant I wore loads of different maternity lingerie, but the Freya Dotty set was my favourite!  I bought it from www.lingerieplease.co.uk and it was a life saver!!

xxx

#50 of 51 Old 11-14-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

Our actual land is pretty good sized, but less than an acre. My baby mesmerizers on the other hand are... well, I was a d-cup before I started making milk.

yeah. Before DD I complained about my C-D cup...little did I know that all the pregnancy weight I gained would migrate straight to my chest (which morphed into a 36GG....which is pretty much impossible to find. lol)

familybed1.gifwife and helpmate todp_malesling.GIF  mommy to Caileigh dust.gif  lactivist.gif  saynovax.gif
#51 of 51 Old 04-24-2012, 06:48 AM

Hi everyone,

I would love for this tribe to be revived cause I need advise, I'm a 34E TTC and and its already becoming saggy I feel terrible, I am scared ny what I wil look like by the time I'm pregnant!

pos.gif for #1  carefully threadingthe path to motherhood heartbeat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page