Huge Tracts of Land Tribe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 51 Old 07-24-2009, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can we revive this thread?

I really feeling lonely in my "I" cups right now. . .

just having boob issues in general, really-looking for company!

H

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#2 of 51 Old 07-25-2009, 08:32 AM

are you looking for boob tribe, or actual people who live on large land properties? sorry-i'm looking around and without background i'm getting confused

beth b., mama to sebastien (4), julien (4), ainsley (1):
#3 of 51 Old 07-25-2009, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

once upon a time there was a 'huge boobas' tribe, which had to be renamed. It was renamed the 'huge tracts of lands tribe'.

I didn't know what else to call it, and I wanted to start it up again.

sorry!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#4 of 51 Old 07-25-2009, 06:13 PM

Well, if you call "H" large tracts, then I guess I have more acreage than I bargained for too
I asked too, because we are moving this week to our new house, which sits on 40 acres of land in Northern Minnesota!
Both are subjects that are of interest to me-lol.
If we're talking about our bodies though, maybe you could start by suggesting good "inexpensive" nursing bras and shirts for us bustier gals. Mine are grossly old, and I don't think they'll make it as long as #3 will go nursing!

beth b., mama to sebastien (4), julien (4), ainsley (1):
#5 of 51 Old 07-25-2009, 06:29 PM

I find nursing bras infuriating! Because I have a lot of "land" I need something supportive. However, when I nurse, I need full access. And I hate underwires. And I hate paying $50 for one bra. I won't mind paying that much for a great bra. I only have 3 more months to find it!

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
#6 of 51 Old 07-25-2009, 06:49 PM

"I" am in the same boat. Finally broke down and spent the more than $50 for a good bra, that is comfortable, with no underwires, that supports my "huge tracts of land".

I went to Decent Exposures for my bra. I will order there again, even once I'm past the need for nursing bras. This one has made it a year, and I love it. All the bras are made in Seattle, in a non-sweatshop environment, and you can alter, to some extent, the bra fittings. They pull on over your head - though you can get non-nursing bras that fasten in the front- which I thought was going to bug me, but I've found it to be very comfy.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my solution, which wasn't cheap, but was the best thing I've found so far.

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)
#7 of 51 Old 07-25-2009, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
I went to Decent Exposures for my bra
Ooh... I will have to bookmark them. The last time I had looked for bras they were nearly a hundred dollars!!! $65 is still high, but better.

I've been wearing these shelf bra/tank things for several years and I've pretty much worn the fabric out of them and the store I bought them from is out of business.

Our actual land is pretty good sized, but less than an acre. My baby mesmerizers on the other hand are... well, I was a d-cup before I started making milk.

#8 of 51 Old 07-25-2009, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

I was a DD before I became a milk factory!

Now, I did find a bra I call fabulous. It's a bra by Anita, and it's a nursing bra. Trouble is, Anita only makes nursing bras up to an 'H' cup!!! :

they are a bit more pricey than I'd like, but they work very well for my 'estate' and I think they're pretty and comfortable-which for me means supportive. So I wear them in spite of the fact that maybe I should really be in an 'I'.

http://www.barenecessities.com/catal...2&vendor=21040

I have the three- the one I don't have is the soft cup one on the right.

Niemals Gewalt
#9 of 51 Old 07-26-2009, 09:17 AM

I was a G before baby, and have spent far too many years in bras that don't fit, since you can't just go in and get a properly fitted bra with a little wider strap. Once, just before realizing that I was pregnant, my gf and I went bra shopping to a boutique, and got fitted and was told only two companies made bras in my size, and she didn't have either in the store in my size. ROFL Then I found out I was pregnant, so was glad I hadn't been able to buy any bras.

After trying on nursing bras that weren't fitting me properly, I went ahead and gave DE a try, and I'm glad I did.

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)
#10 of 51 Old 07-26-2009, 10:22 AM

I have huge tracts of land as well. Summer always sucks, I tend to get rashes underneath a lot, not matter how hard I try to keep it dry.

I haven't found that perfect bra yet, but still looking. I will look into Decent Exposures.

#11 of 51 Old 07-26-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post
My baby mesmerizers on the other hand are... well, I was a d-cup before I started making milk.

I clicked thinking this was about actual land also (that we are looking for). But I fit in with the "other" meaning too. I am an H, though loose shirts can "disguise" it a bit.

I actually did not like my DE bra's... to me they feel like wearing a cloth diaper for a bra.

Have had semi decent luck ordering on here: http://www.figleaves.com/us/home.asp Some styles go up to 55FF.

Resistance is futile Matey
#12 of 51 Old 07-26-2009, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Agk! Loose shirts somehow just make me look fat/preggo!

What about band sizes? I can find 42DD's but not 38 I's or 36 J's? I will have to look at figleaves.com.

I didn't find much at decent exposures either. . . too much fabric.

just looked there- I am sag city w/o an underwire.

Niemals Gewalt
#13 of 51 Old 07-26-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
Agk! Loose shirts somehow just make me look fat/preggo!

What about band sizes? I can find 42DD's but not 38 I's or 36 J's? I will have to look at figleaves.com.

I didn't find much at decent exposures either. . . too much fabric.

just looked there- I am sag city w/o an underwire.
I didn't think I was going to like DE for the same reason... no underwire. However, I don't know if it's in the construction or what, but it's actually been very comfortable.

I'll let you in on a secret though... once baby decides he's done, my huge tracts of land are getting a corset - a real one... made specifically for me. Proper support, balanced throughout the torso and hips, instead of hanging from my shoulders. Have to reach my goal weight before then, which may naturally reduce the acreage of my "land". LOL

#14 of 51 Old 07-26-2009, 02:11 PM

The original thread had been changed to "Huge tracts of land" because it was getting unfortunate google hits and drawing the wrong sort poster to register.

I am sorry. I am hope y'all will be ok with a silly title so the moderators don't have to keep cleaning up the thread.

It is from Monty Python

Not all those who wander are lost 
#15 of 51 Old 07-26-2009, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

I guess my little wasn't quite conspicuous enough?

Wow on the corset, Feingoldmama! sounds. . . fun!

my girls did not go back to their original size when ds1 weaned- of course, I was preggo at the time, so. . . .

also mine have not fluctuated with weight loss, LC's have told me my boobas are ALL glandular tissue!

by the time I'm done with baes and nursing- I will NEED a reduction.

I remember how big my grammie's were. . .

Niemals Gewalt
#16 of 51 Old 07-26-2009, 10:29 PM

I love this thread! I'm only a DD, but 8 1/2 wks pregnant and already outgrowing my bras.

And holy areolas, Batman! Within the past few days, they have swollen so much, it looks like I have boob on top of boob. Did this happen to anyone else? My DH was quite impressed today (they're usually pretty big anyway).

Thanks for the good bra recommendations. I'll check them out.

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#17 of 51 Old 07-27-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
Wow on the corset, Feingoldmama! sounds. . . fun!

my girls did not go back to their original size when ds1 weaned- of course, I was preggo at the time, so. . . .

also mine have not fluctuated with weight loss, LC's have told me my boobas are ALL glandular tissue!

by the time I'm done with baes and nursing- I will NEED a reduction.

I remember how big my grammie's were. . .
I know that mine don't fluctuate much... just a little. Last time I lost weight, I think I lost one cup size. The band size is always the hardest fit for me. 36" ribcage, once I lose weight, and then I can never find a proper fitting bra that stays where it's supposed to.

The corset will be fun, since it's not going to be cinched super tight, just enough to give proper support. I tried on one for picture purposes for a friend who was selling one that she'd made, and all I can say is Wow! My acreage has never had it so good. ROFL It was amazing how different it felt, not having that weight hanging from my shoulders.

I think the main thing I have to decide is if I want a reduction, or want to get the garment. We'll see.

#18 of 51 Old 07-27-2009, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geigerin View Post
I love this thread! I'm only a DD, but 8 1/2 wks pregnant and already outgrowing my bras.

And holy areolas, Batman! Within the past few days, they have swollen so much, it looks like I have boob on top of boob. Did this happen to anyone else? My DH was quite impressed today (they're usually pretty big anyway).
The only difference pg made in my areolas is that I could actually see them! They turned the most beautiful shade of lavendar I'd ever seen!

congrats on your pregnancy! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeingoldMomma View Post

The corset will be fun, since it's not going to be cinched super tight, just enough to give proper support. I tried on one for picture purposes for a friend who was selling one that she'd made, and all I can say is Wow! My acreage has never had it so good.
:

oh, my!

Niemals Gewalt
#19 of 51 Old 07-27-2009, 05:56 PM

I was looking for this thread just today as my old bras which I've had for five years are gone. Yes, five years. I'm a 34J and they are impossible to find without underwire. I'm no longer nursing so its time for something new. I do go braless most of the time but wear one for support for certain outfits. If I can find a comfortable one, I may go back to wearing one regularly...maybe.

I love the idea of a corset if it'll keep me from going under the knife. Have any links to these?
#20 of 51 Old 08-02-2009, 01:34 AM

I think I belong here too! I was a 32 DD pre-pregnancy, and now at 8 months I am threatening to bust out of my 34 F. I agree that the hardest part is finding bigger cups with smaller band sizes! I think this is a huge part of the reason so many women wear the wrong bra size, because the size we should wear is impossible to find! Right now my plan for nursing is to get some XL nursing tanks and have my sister take them in at the tummy.

Jessica , wife to L (8-5-05), Mama to H (9-18-09)
Regretting our decision to circ after complications that could have killed our baby boy!
#21 of 51 Old 08-02-2009, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter

One trick I use when I can't find nursing clothes that my boobs fit in, or that I can fish a boob out of, is to wear a belly band under a regular shirt. Easy access!! And I can wear my normal shirts.

Niemals Gewalt
#22 of 51 Old 08-04-2009, 07:37 AM

need to find a nursing bra again...prefer underwire and all cotton...one that would ship to Israel. Really nervous about buying a bra I can't try on...but I don't know where to find such a thing in *ahem* larger cup sizes here in Israel...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#23 of 51 Old 08-04-2009, 10:40 PM

I just measured after unsuccessful bra shopping last weekend and discovered I'm a 42 J...it's weird, i don't even really consider myself as having really large tatas. I guess I was wrong!

Now to find a bra that fits....and I can afford...

Mandy, Jesus loving, homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, non-vaxing, food growing, homeschooling, hippy mama of 4.
#24 of 51 Old 08-07-2009, 01:33 AM

I will have to bookmark Decent Exposures too. I hit D in jr high, and it's only gotten worse since. I'm tired of overpaying for what doesn't fit and doesn't feel good - and having to wait on delivery too. If I can get a bra that fits and is comfortable, it'll be every bit worth waiting for! :
#25 of 51 Old 08-09-2009, 04:58 PM

So I went to the mall yesterday to get fitted just for kicks. Went to three different places and was told three different sizes. Of course, none of the stores actually had the size they told me I was so I couldn't confirm any of them. I hate shopping for bras. My band size was a 36, 40 or a 42 and my cup was a F, G and H. How does that even happen?
#26 of 51 Old 08-10-2009, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

where'd you go? Most places, people have only the vaguest idea of how to fit or measure someone. And then often they measure over clothes(which is pointless).

Also, US sizes run on their own (stupid IMHO) scale, European/german, another, and UK sizing another yet!

I've had greatest success with the European sizing chart. But you have to know which country your bra is manufactured in, too.

So, according to the European chart, I'm a 36-38 I. If I get a bra made in the UK, I need a 'G', and in the US, it's a 6D.

In the US they tend to label everything after a DDD as an F. :

Although, Lane Bryant does carry and can order H and I cups in some of their bra styles.

Here's the most helpful size chart I've found.

http://www.barenecessities.com/produ...id=ElomiEL1220

:

Niemals Gewalt
#27 of 51 Old 08-10-2009, 08:51 PM

I'm in too - I'm a 30/32 F/G - anyone in this size range? I'd love to find a super-supportive nursing bra that doesn't break the bank. I'm starting to have some pretty serious shoulder/neck/thoracic problems and would love to get something good!
#28 of 51 Old 08-11-2009, 11:42 AM

I am well on my way to having too much real estate to handle. I was a 32 DD (which is a hard size to find to BEGIN with) before I got preggers with #3. At 13 weeks I am busting out of those and I need to go maternity shopping again! At this rate the twins are gonna be gi-normous. Where in gods' name am I gonna find a nursing bra this time!
#29 of 51 Old 08-11-2009, 11:44 AM

I went to Cacique (the Lane Bryant store), and two lingerie exclusive stores that I don't know the name of. And of course they all measured me with my clothes on and with a bra that doesn't fit well. I shot off a letter to Lane Bryant though complaining that they advertise FGH but don't actually have any in store to try on.

joyfulgrrrl, I believe i used goddessbras when I was doing nursing bras but really don't remember. The last time I bought was 5 years ago or so.
#30 of 51 Old 08-12-2009, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

I had a goddess bra that was OK. I didn't like the hook-and-eye on the cups tho' too tough to work onehanded.

Niemals Gewalt

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page