I ordered a vape, I'm so excited!

Hi I'm Elle, a ing mama to my boy, Honeybun
#272 of 298 Old 06-12-2010, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple living mama View Post
I'm not convinced pot is for everyone. I've always found it to make me creative, philosophical, and want to move my body and sometimes spiritual. And wonderful medically! For others it makes them feel tired and lazyish. And some don't like it at all because of the paranoid side effects or the speedy feeling. Make sure you are partaking in good organic strain and something that is grown from good people. It's like food thats made with love as opposed to crappy no love fast food. Such a difference!

although i totally believe that mj effects people differently...i'm also pretty sure that the quality of the pot and when the buds are harvested have a HUGE impact on the energy level of the high.

a pp said to know your grower. that's good advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post
so lets hear it: I wanna know HOW other mommas smoke, especially the ones who smoke during the day with kids awake.

I dont currently smoke with my kid awake. She is only 2, to be 3 in Sept. When I do have an afternoon snack, its during her nap and it's a hand rolled cigarette mixed with tobacco.

at night when she is asleep, my partners and I used a mini bubbler sometimes a pipe.

I know some mommas use vapes, lucky mommas, but are there any mommas who dont?
we smoke out of a bowl and bubbler. oftentimes in front of our dc. not my favorite thing to admit, but it's true. and our children are happy and well. i am a better adjusted parent and housekeeper. my rule for myself to keep me out of the "lazy zone" is that i must be working/cleaning to smoke. a hit here or there while doing the dishes or sweeping. one bowl packed lasts me an entire day this way - so it's economical too.

our kids are young. i'm not sure if the situation will change as they get older.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
#273 of 298 Old 06-17-2010, 12:24 AM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirp View Post
although i totally believe that mj effects people differently...i'm also pretty sure that the quality of the pot and when the buds are harvested have a HUGE impact on the energy level of the high.

a pp said to know your grower. that's good advice.
Is there a way to tell by looking at the herbs to tell at what point in the growth cycle they were harvested?

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#274 of 298 Old 06-17-2010, 12:37 AM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotreroHill View Post
Anyone here tonight?

I ordered a vape, I'm so excited!
Mine is on its way too!! I have been blessed with love & light

Have you done any research on using it yet? I've seen a few videos on youtube, but I wonder how high or low to set it. I saw one video where I could swear the guy was smoking! It must have been set at a really high temp. I do NOT want to burn my herbs! I heard that burning wastes it faster. Anyone have any tips for us first timers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
My DH has been a HEAVY smoker for over 10 yrs and we got preggers after just a month being off the pill, so i would say MJ is prob not a prob TTC.

So I use a vap, almost strictly. DH doesn't love it (i think it's definitely something you have to get used to, but that was what i needed while preggers and now i like it). He still smokes out of a pipe and just goes into another room from DS and opens windows (we also live in an apt). I use the vap in the same room as DS. He insists that vaps are not smokeless-he thinks what i blow out is smoke. I know it's vapors, but does anyone know what the "science" behind this is? My understanding is that it doesn't heat it up enough for it to produce smoke, but then what forms the vapors? I'm confused but still confident it's better than smoking
How high do you set your vape? Is it a digital unit? What tips can you share?

#275 of 298 Old 06-17-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:

we smoke out of a bowl and bubbler. oftentimes in front of our dc. not my favorite thing to admit, but it's true. and our children are happy and well. i am a better adjusted parent and housekeeper. my rule for myself to keep me out of the "lazy zone" is that i must be working/cleaning to smoke. a hit here or there while doing the dishes or sweeping. one bowl packed lasts me an entire day this way - so it's economical too.

our kids are young. i'm not sure if the situation will change as they get older.
When dd1 was a baby, I did the back bathroom thing with the window open and the vent fan on. Then when I got my own place, I didn't have to hide while smoking, so I didn't. I smoked out in the open. Someone once asked me what i was thinking after dd1 had a bit of a convo with them about smoking cannabis (unbeknownst to me, but it was a friend so it was ok). I didn't know she would pass on the information... she also demonstrated to a caregiver her father took her to how mama smoked from a pipe. This is what I wish I had been quick enough to say to the person that questioned what was I thinking smoking in front of a 5 yo... "I am not ashamed of it. I think it should be legal. I think it is a helpful plant. I feel there is no reason to hide it." I have met other people with children they smoked in front of, and their children didn't tell people about it... maybe mine did because I told her all about how it was illegal and shouldn't be talked about. Like maybe she said something because I made a big deal out of it. I think she is old enough now at 7 to understand why, but like I said I am dry now for a few different reasons. All of which I am questioning as I know how good a few hits would make me feel dammit! If I do begin smoking again, I will not hide it. It is a principle thing to me. If I feel I must hide something, to me that means I am ashamed of it, and if I am ashamed of it, I wouldn't do it. But then there is that problem of a child between say, 4 and 7 that might say something to the wrong person. But it will be legal soon and all will be well! I will move to CA if I have to. But if something passes in CA, it is usually here next....

To begin to save the world, we must first nurture the children. Read "The Continuum Concept: In Search of Happiness Lost"    saynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactlact.gifMe-hippie.gifreading.gifhelp.gif10.5 yo dd1- nut.gifreading.gifblahblah.gif ; 5 yo dd2- angel.gifhearts.gifbouncy.gif
#276 of 298 Old 06-17-2010, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post

My digital unit came with good instructions on how to determine temp level. It was very easy to understand. I used it a bit, but TBH it was never the same to me as a nice glass bubbler or pipe. I always felt like I was wasting good weed using vape since the body of the material is still there after you are 'done' with it. And the smoke and the taste were all part of it for me since I started smoking so young. But if you have the supply (growing or money to buy good stuff in quantity) then it is a great thing. I like using it in rotation for variety though. But i always smoke what comes out in a pipe after just to make sure I am not wasting anything

To begin to save the world, we must first nurture the children. Read "The Continuum Concept: In Search of Happiness Lost"    saynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactlact.gifMe-hippie.gifreading.gifhelp.gif10.5 yo dd1- nut.gifreading.gifblahblah.gif ; 5 yo dd2- angel.gifhearts.gifbouncy.gif
#277 of 298 Old 06-17-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Is there a way to tell by looking at the herbs to tell at what point in the growth cycle they were harvested?
yes. trichomes are the small crystals that form on mature buds.

they go from clear, to milky white, then to amber.

clear: not mature, will get you high, but very shortlived.
all milky: height of maturity, very cerebral high, more energetic high (this also depends on strain though)
1/2 milky and 1/2 amber: a heady high that you also feel as relaxation in the body.
all amber: what i've heard others call "couch-lock" all amber is a very physical, relaxing high. how dopey/tired you feel in addition to this relaxation all has to do with strain.

get a magnifying glass used to look at bugs or coins. with at least 24x magnification. you can see the trichomes (crystals) without the magnifier, but you can't tell their color without one.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
#278 of 298 Old 06-17-2010, 01:29 AM

Joining in!

MJ has been a loved resource for me as a woman and mother. It has stopped more than one rage outburst in its tracks, as well as quelling anxiety. Its like my daily return to the earth. Oh how I love tending my garden after a lovely breath of herbal remedy! I am also a clean-the-house-with-MJ person. With the right strain, it can really boost you! I also do lots of creative writing and art. I've got two little boys, I've never hid it from them. I also vaporized all through both pregnancies and while nursing. Oh how it helped with let-down issues while nursing! Also with morning sickness and appetite issues during pregnancy. Here on Guam, a senator just introduced bill 420, to legalize medical marijuana. I'm going to do all I can to help get the word out!

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

#279 of 298 Old 06-17-2010, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karika View Post
When dd1 was a baby, I did the back bathroom thing with the window open and the vent fan on. Then when I got my own place, I didn't have to hide while smoking, so I didn't. I smoked out in the open. Someone once asked me what i was thinking after dd1 had a bit of a convo with them about smoking cannabis (unbeknownst to me, but it was a friend so it was ok). I didn't know she would pass on the information... she also demonstrated to a caregiver her father took her to how mama smoked from a pipe. This is what I wish I had been quick enough to say to the person that questioned what was I thinking smoking in front of a 5 yo... "I am not ashamed of it. I think it should be legal. I think it is a helpful plant. I feel there is no reason to hide it." I have met other people with children they smoked in front of, and their children didn't tell people about it... maybe mine did because I told her all about how it was illegal and shouldn't be talked about. Like maybe she said something because I made a big deal out of it. I think she is old enough now at 7 to understand why, but like I said I am dry now for a few different reasons. All of which I am questioning as I know how good a few hits would make me feel dammit! If I do begin smoking again, I will not hide it. It is a principle thing to me. If I feel I must hide something, to me that means I am ashamed of it, and if I am ashamed of it, I wouldn't do it. But then there is that problem of a child between say, 4 and 7 that might say something to the wrong person. But it will be legal soon and all will be well! I will move to CA if I have to. But if something passes in CA, it is usually here next....

we know a couple who has told their children that telling people about the MJ use will put mommy and daddy in jail, and separate them to go live with strangers.

like really tried to scare the crap out of their kids. and it seems to be working, but i'm not sure if I would want to go that route. I'm glad to hear that you know people who didn't go that route that it worked out for.

I guess it just really depends on the kid and the age of the kids. I believe their kids are 11, 8 and 4.

#280 of 298 Old 06-17-2010, 03:24 AM

I wouldn't want to expose my dd to the 2nd hand smoke. i go to the basement or attic, and i do it very rarely - pretty much just for pms/cramps/etc, when she's napping. we've had to ban joints from the basement since i'll smell them upstairs, but the attic is vented so it's fine up there. i haven't done more than a tiny bit here n there for a long time anyway.

is anyone afraid that the DARE program will encourage kids to tell their teachers? my dd is nowhere near that old yet but it's a concern anyway. Am i just being paranoid? Has anyone heard of this actually happening?

re: whoever asked about what can be done with stems, etc. i used to make tea. it's not very strong but when i used to smoke a lot i swear it took the edge off if i had run out.
#281 of 298 Old 06-18-2010, 01:25 AM

jump_mama_jump, I really LOVE my vaporizor. You don't get a lingering smell, the kids don't breath second hand smoke, AND you can vaporize stems and all.

#282 of 298 Old 06-18-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump mama jump! View Post
I wouldn't want to expose my dd to the 2nd hand smoke. we go to the basement or attic, and i do it very rarely - pretty much just for pms/cramps/etc, when she's napping. we've had to ban joints from the basement since i'll smell them upstairs, but the attic is vented so it's fine up there. i haven't done more than a tiny bit here n there for a long time anyway.

is anyone afraid that the DARE program will encourage kids to tell their teachers? my dd is nowhere near that old yet but it's a concern anyway. Am i just being paranoid? Has anyone heard of this actually happening?

i completely agree about the 2nd hand smoke. and like you, the only time i partake is if she's sleeping or hubby is home and i can slip away for a few mins. i've personally never really liked vapes, but my opinion might change eventually.

on the DARE program, i know we've talked about it before maybe a few months back. i would no let my child go through the program, it's all propaganda lies. i remember when i was in 5th grade and my mother signed me up for it, and they would ask things like 'raise your hand if your mom/dad smokes'. i wouldn't let a dc go, or just call my dd in sick that day.
but we are probably home schooling anyway, so i really don't worry about it.

i've been so busy here mamas! we've been dry for quite a while, dh decided not to take the chess teacher position he was offered, he's been talking about doing it for over 2 years and it's just not doable because we live so far on the outskirts of phoenix. he's been expecting to get a job where he'd have to pass a drug test, but nothing that good has come up.

otherwise, i just stopped in to say 'hi'! i'm still around but don't get to post much. i feel like i'm always working or entertaining dd. i've been having some anxiety and have been a little on edge lately and hope to get a stash in soon.

#283 of 298 Old 06-18-2010, 03:48 AM

Yes, I believe they will purposely try to get info from the children. I remember the officer asking if any of us had ever seen one of these when he showed a bong... I homeschool though. There are many law enforcement realizing that prohibition isn't working. Here is their website. I support all that they are doing.
http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php

Heck with the fact that funding is so low for everything, cannabis is the least of the concerns around here in this meth infested town... I don't think they are making it a priority anymore... I also wonder if the DARE program will finally be retired... I will look around.

#284 of 298 Old 06-18-2010, 03:30 PM
~D~

Quote:
yes. trichomes are the small crystals that form on mature buds.

they go from clear, to milky white, then to amber.

clear: not mature, will get you high, but very shortlived.
all milky: height of maturity, very cerebral high, more energetic high (this also depends on strain though)
1/2 milky and 1/2 amber: a heady high that you also feel as relaxation in the body.
all amber: what i've heard others call "couch-lock" all amber is a very physical, relaxing high. how dopey/tired you feel in addition to this relaxation all has to do with strain.
get a magnifying glass used to look at bugs or coins. with at least 24x magnification. you can see the trichomes (crystals) without the magnifier, but you can't tell their color without one.
Thanks I can't wait to see this! I wonder if many commercial growers go by this... Probably not, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell024 View Post
Joining in!

MJ has been a loved resource for me as a woman and mother. It has stopped more than one rage outburst in its tracks, as well as quelling anxiety. Me too Its like my daily return to the earth. Oh how I love tending my garden after a lovely breath of herbal remedy! I am also a clean-the-house-with-MJ person. With the right strain, it can really boost you! I also do lots of creative writing and art. I've got two little boys, I've never hid it from them. I also vaporized all through both pregnancies and while nursing. Oh how it helped with let-down issues while nursing! Also with morning sickness and appetite issues during pregnancy. Here on Guam, a senator just introduced bill 420, to legalize medical marijuana. I'm going to do all I can to help get the word out!
Welcome!! We are so glad you're here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Rio View Post
i completely agree about the 2nd hand smoke. and like you, the only time i partake is if she's sleeping or hubby is home and i can slip away for a few mins. i've personally never really liked vapes, but my opinion might change eventually.

on the DARE program, i know we've talked about it before maybe a few months back. i would no let my child go through the program, it's all propaganda lies. i remember when i was in 5th grade and my mother signed me up for it, and they would ask things like 'raise your hand if your mom/dad smokes'. i wouldn't let a dc go, or just call my dd in sick that day.
but we are probably home schooling anyway, so i really don't worry about it.

i've been so busy here mamas! we've been dry for quite a while, dh decided not to take the chess teacher position he was offered, he's been talking about doing it for over 2 years and it's just not doable because we live so far on the outskirts of phoenix. he's been expecting to get a job where he'd have to pass a drug test, but nothing that good has come up.

otherwise, i just stopped in to say 'hi'! i'm still around but don't get to post much. i feel like i'm always working or entertaining dd. i've been having some anxiety and have been a little on edge lately and hope to get a stash in soon.

I've been thinking of you! Glad to hear you're doing ok! ITA with you on the DARE issue - Just Say No

#285 of 298 Old 06-18-2010, 03:44 PM

D-
You can look up pictures online. They are beautiful.

#286 of 298 Old 06-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Banned

I have a vape and I it!

Does anyone know mj's effects on bm production? I thought I read that it decreases bm, but I feel likes it helps Maybe due to relaxation :sheepish
#287 of 298 Old 06-20-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakesMancakes View Post
I have a vape and I it!

Does anyone know mj's effects on bm production? I thought I read that it decreases bm, but I feel likes it helps Maybe due to relaxation :sheepish
For me it helped, because I was able to REALLY let down. I couldn't tell you whether it actually increased the supply, but it sure let down a lot more than the ordinary (so I could have thought my supply increased, but it could just be I wasn't able to let down properly due to tension/anxiety etc).

#288 of 298 Old 06-20-2010, 04:17 AM

So, here on Guam, senator Rory Respicio introduced last week, bill 423 (it was originally bill 420, introduced during a meeting held at 4:20 pm : ) that would allow doctors to give a certified recommendation for marijuana. At first it was that doctors could give prescriptions, but then revised to them giving a recommendation (what the hell?!) and would allow a health care center to grow and distribute to patients who have dr. recommendations...? I need to look at the bill more closely...

But our main local newspaper is offering next week's sunday opinion page on the subject, and I would like to write a letter. Any tips or suggestions on this? Sample letters to the editor? What would you cover?

What I'm hearing from the general public is that people are concerned about the abuse of the herb (they say drug...I say herb)...the bill is focusing on patients who have conditions that would be benefitted by marijuana.

#289 of 298 Old 06-20-2010, 04:21 AM

Just wanted to add that there is a lot of emotional/ignorant discussion going on and people are already getting all high-strung about the whole discussion. I want to encourage the EDUCATION and awareness part of it all, and also to encourage those who genuinely believe in the benefits of this herb to speak not out of reaction but from facts and respect. Because I'm hearing too from those in support of the bill, emotional responses that will not get very far in the actual legislation...

#290 of 298 Old 06-24-2010, 01:30 AM
Banned

'Sub mamas

I'm planning a trip to Jamaica with dp
#291 of 298 Old 06-24-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
we know a couple who has told their children that telling people about the MJ use will put mommy and daddy in jail, and separate them to go live with strangers.

like really tried to scare the crap out of their kids. and it seems to be working, but i'm not sure if I would want to go that route. I'm glad to hear that you know people who didn't go that route that it worked out for.

I guess it just really depends on the kid and the age of the kids. I believe their kids are 11, 8 and 4.
I think it depends on personality as well. My oldest, for example? It's prudent not to tell him anything unless you're prepared for EVERYONE he encounters to hear about it. Boobah, on the other hand, has no trouble keeping her cards close to the vest as it were. I could have trusted her to keep the secret at three or four, certainly (she is six years old today! ) but Bean is 7.5 and there is simply no way I'd consider sharing it with him. That said, when I *do* share it I will explain that a) this is something for grownups, like beer and diet soda () and b) that not everyone approves of it, and why/how. Bean knows that I will have the occasional beer, and he knows that his grandparents don't drink beer AT ALL; He doesn't discuss alcohol with his grandparents even though he's aware of it's existence and, again, he doesn't keep secrets. It simply hasn't come up, because he hasn't brought it up. He'll have to get to that place with MJ before I'm comfortable having that conversation with him. Does that make sense? It's a quarter to five and I'm half-asleep.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#292 of 298 Old 06-25-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Mine is on its way too!! I have been blessed with love & light

Have you done any research on using it yet? I've seen a few videos on youtube, but I wonder how high or low to set it. I saw one video where I could swear the guy was smoking! It must have been set at a really high temp. I do NOT want to burn my herbs! I heard that burning wastes it faster. Anyone have any tips for us first timers?

Jeez, one missed email and completely forget to check in! I set mine at about 340, it seems to work well, tho i'm thinking about trying it lower. I feel like i don't get the effects unless i can see me blowing something out.
I always save it afterwards (we have a container specifically to dump it in). It tastes and smells yuk so i cook with it. Normally I make banana bread after cooking it w/butter for about an hr. Gets you high and tasts yummy!

SIL just moved to cali and got her card...so jealous. I seriously want to move to a legal state!

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#293 of 298 Old 06-25-2010, 02:27 PM

Anyone starting a summer thread?

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#294 of 298 Old 06-26-2010, 12:02 AM

Hi! I'll join you over here... We don't smoke because of obvious job reasons(DH is in the Army!), but we totally support legalization! We will be smoking(or vaporizing, I didn't know that existed until I read this thread!) after the Army if the job doesn't test. We haven't smoked since we had kids. How do you smoke with kids around?

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#295 of 298 Old 07-01-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
Anyone starting a summer thread?
hey i started a summer thread, come on over ladies!

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#296 of 298 Old 07-01-2010, 06:13 PM

Post a link here?

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#297 of 298 Old 07-02-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Post a link here?
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho....php?t=1239383

#298 of 298 Old 07-02-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell024 View Post
You beat me to it, Thank You Shell024.

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page