Winter MJ / Cannabis Mamas - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 298 Old 01-17-2010, 04:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you have a medicinal herbal shop, they usually have tinctures that can help detox pretty fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 298 Old 01-17-2010, 04:51 AM

i have been on mdc for over a year and haven't subbed to this thread...what?!?!
thankful this thread exists...

i recently heard a news clip that oregon is talking about opening dispensaries for med marijuana so people with the med marijuana card don't necessarily have to find a grower or grow themselves. yay for progress. if it does happen, it won't be for a while, but glad that the talks are happening.

in repsonse to other posts...mj helped me so much with the moring sickies in both my pregnancies.

Liz ~wife to an amazing man~mama to 2 beautiful sons~trodding through babylon~ loving JAH~rainbow1284.gif

#33 of 298 Old 01-17-2010, 01:23 PM

My grandmother is staying with us this week so we're having to smoke out in our car like criminals and I hate it. She has cancer and absolutely no appetite from all the meds she's on and I wish so badly I could cook something that she would eat so she could feel a bit better but I know she would freak out if she knew.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#34 of 298 Old 01-18-2010, 04:46 AM

So don't tell her. Heehee. There is a pill now called Marinol. It's legal but some people say it's much better to smoke a joint as the pill is not that effective. It might help her though.
#35 of 298 Old 01-18-2010, 03:06 PM

The Union: the Business behind getting high

I even learned some new things from this movie. It sheds light on not only America laws but also our own true north.

They got some great great people to interview, ex-police chiefs, tommy chong, marc emery etc.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

hehe, highly

Shawna young single liquid gold feedin intactlactivist co-sleepin mama to my mixed baby boy Carter Jesse (aug 26th 09)
#36 of 298 Old 01-19-2010, 11:43 AM

The Union is great! It is available on netflix instant, if you have that. I've seen it 3 times. Very interesting to show to people who aren't into mj, it can be a convincing film.
#37 of 298 Old 01-19-2010, 03:05 PM

I'll third The Union.

I know I'm at my wits end with the state I live in. So much in fact, that we are moving in the fall to one of THE states.

Fall isn't coming soon enough for me!

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#38 of 298 Old 01-19-2010, 10:30 PM
~D~

Hi everyone!! I just wanted to stop in and say a quick and to you ladies I've not met before. I've been subbing this winter thread and the discussion is great!!

One thing I wanted to add about the pp's question about detox - make sure your pee isn't all funny colored or too diluted when you drop b/c they will notice. I had that happen to me once and almost lost the job. I had to re-take the pee test and luckily all was ok. Just my

The situation here is good I have a steady supply thanks to DH's nephew. Anyone have suggestions on how to keep my supply from getting too dry? It gets so bad that it turns into dust when I break it up

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#39 of 298 Old 01-19-2010, 10:46 PM

Hi everyone!

I always lose track of this thread, but I'm back.

Lets see, I think last time I posted DH had just gotten his MMJ card and I'd gotten him a vaporizer for his birthday. We love it! The medical industry around here is insane, there are between 20 and 30 medical marijuana dispensaries around here, with great deals and plenty of product options. DH is loving it, too bad there are lawmakers in CO always trying to drag ya down, eh? I just hope there is no regression with the acceptance of medical marijuana, but fear there will be.

Just enjoying life over here, I have a little boy due in April and am thrilled! We'll be moving here soon so I'm just enjoying the calm before the storm haha.

Hope everyone is well!

Amri- mama to Indica 12.08.06 and Kytan 04.04.10
#40 of 298 Old 01-20-2010, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post
The situation here is good I have a steady supply thanks to DH's nephew. Anyone have suggestions on how to keep my supply from getting too dry? It gets so bad that it turns into dust when I break it up
I'm not sure how well it would work, but have you tried a little humidor, like they keep cigars in?

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#41 of 298 Old 01-20-2010, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post
Try putting it in the freezer in portion control

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#42 of 298 Old 01-21-2010, 02:15 AM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I'm not sure how well it would work, but have you tried a little humidor, like they keep cigars in?
I looked at some on Amazon, and I will be putting that on my Christmas list and they even have little silver tubes that look handy and inexpensive until then

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
Try putting it in the freezer in portion control
Hmmm... just brainstorming here but if I.... lay the buds out & spray them with water and freeze them like on wax paper then transfer to some kind of airtight container, then I can take out a bud or two at a time. If they dry out, couldn't I re-hydrate them with a mist or something? Or will all of that fussing around trash my stash?? LOL

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#43 of 298 Old 01-21-2010, 02:50 AM

breastfeeding, smoking and sleep issues with dd?

not sure if it's all related, but i notice dd doesn't sleep as well when i smoke (otherwise it's teething and i'm not sure which)! but her sleeping always seems to become restless when i smoke. does any ever notice this with their child? i haven't smoked in 3 weeks and she just started sleeping better again and she's still got teeth coming in.

D- you could try freezer, we usually do that, but dh ends up going in and smoking it all before i even know what's happened!
#44 of 298 Old 01-21-2010, 08:15 AM

For rehydrating, I don't know if this works for mj but you can stick a pack of cigarettes in a baggie that's open and put them inside a baggie with a damp papertowel.
#45 of 298 Old 01-21-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Rio View Post

not sure if it's all related, but i notice dd doesn't sleep as well when i smoke (otherwise it's teething and i'm not sure which)! but her sleeping always seems to become restless when i smoke. does any ever notice this with their child? i haven't smoked in 3 weeks and she just started sleeping better again and she's still got teeth coming in.
In my opinion, it's more likely that something you're eating while you've got the munchies is what's causing your daughter to have problems. The other strong possibility is that she's picking up on some anxiety from you. If you partake to control said anxiety, it's entirely possible that she's just getting that tense vibe from you and she's cranky as a result. This can go in both directions, of course: Baby's cranky because she's getting teeth, you're anxious because she's cranky, you partake and she has a miserable night. I think the food hypothesis is far more likely, though. Do you eat differently, perhaps more dairy (a very common culprit when it comes to miserable breastfed babies), or a different balance of carbs/fat/protein?

#46 of 298 Old 01-21-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Rio View Post

D- you could try freezer, we usually do that, but dh ends up going in and smoking it all before i even know what's happened!
i have never noticed a difference in my LO's behavior whilst breastfeeding and smoking, if I did, I wouldn't smoke. I agree that it's probably your favorite munchie, or the possibility of teething, or even her perceiving any possible anxiety on your part that you smoking changes her behavior (kwim?).

from everything i've learned THC is inactive in breastmilk. it's already been metabolized. your LO certainly wouldn't pass a drug test, but he/she is NOT getting high, and it shouldn't be effecting her behavior or sleep.

hopefully this puts you at ease. it's easy to beat ourselves up when the whole world would point to you as a bad example. but you're not. you're a loving momma who cares about her daughter.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
#47 of 298 Old 01-21-2010, 11:37 AM

as for the keeping things hydrated...

the little silver humidors are great. you just pass them quickly under water and throw them in your bag or container or whatever. not too much water, or you stand the chance of mold.

for longer term i would say freezer, and then just use the humidor to keep what you've got out, moist.

any tobacco shop will sell those little humidors for $1 or 2. They are very common for people who roll their own cigarettes or folks who smoke cigars. So if you've got a tobacco shop near you it might be worth it to just go pick one up, rather than wait/pay for delivery.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
#48 of 298 Old 01-23-2010, 11:19 PM

I like just sticking a small slice or orange peel in with my stash. Of course you have to keep an eye out for mold and other ickies but it also provides a lovely flavor to your herb. Then again, I would only do this with the schwag I've gone back to smoking, I'd stick kind bud in the freezer.

Betty *(.)(.)* mama to: DS1 (12) DS2 (11) DS3 (8)
(12/26/06) (5/11/09) (10/7/09)x2

#49 of 298 Old 01-24-2010, 04:24 PM

I have a serious thing about not letting my green dry out and this is what I do. As soon as I get my order of happy, I put it in a dark, glass jar. I'm often amazed at herbalist friends of mine who keep all their herbs in happy dark glass jars then store their most expensive herb, mj in a plastic bag. The plastic will absorb all your happy oils and we don't want that! The best kind of jars to use are old supplement jars Nature's Herbs sells their's in amber jars, so I just use those when we're done with them. If after being in glass, it still get a tad dry, then I second the orange peel idea.
#50 of 298 Old 01-24-2010, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone know when Fl is going to be ok with MJ? I would be able to go off all my medication (zoloft, zanax, topamax) as soon as it is decriminalized here. I'm waiting, since I am not able to function without either meds OR MJ. My dh is completely against me smoking until it is decriminalized here. I hate being on meds, but have NO choice right now

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

#51 of 298 Old 01-26-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailey's mom View Post
Anyone know when Fl is going to be ok with MJ? I would be able to go off all my medication (zoloft, zanax, topamax) as soon as it is decriminalized here. I'm waiting, since I am not able to function without either meds OR MJ. My dh is completely against me smoking until it is decriminalized here. I hate being on meds, but have NO choice right now
I am SOOO with you, there! MJ had been the only thing keeping my pain levels manageable. Now that I filed for disablity though, I have gone off it just in case, KWIM.

Stephanie-Hitched up Mom of 2 DD and 2 DS. I miss my
#52 of 298 Old 01-26-2010, 02:13 PM

This thread is helping me out ALOT.

I have learned so much from you ladies. My partner and I usually just put the MJ into a plastic baggy, and it does get dry after a while. I will def get a dark glass jar and try that orange slice idea!

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#53 of 298 Old 01-28-2010, 01:12 AM

Hey Mamas! I am sorry I don't get on here often to chat, I find myself away from MDC for longer periods more often now, so I am sorry

If anyone is interested in keeping up with me off here, feel free to message me and I can facebook ya

<3 K

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#54 of 298 Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 AM

Hello ladies! I hope this beautiful evening finds you well! I was just outdoors in perfect 70 degrees F weather watching the stars and the moon and thought of all of you...

I find myself on the verge of making big changes... but it finds me needing to get a "regular" job and so I haven't refilled my mj stash and instead began taking the antidepressants that the shrink prescribed for me 9 months ago... she left it entirely up to me and I started but got off within 2 weeks.

Maybe I don't have the patience and I admit to being a bit afraid of pharmaceuticals, unfortunately, I don't feel I'm living under the right circumstances to bear with the emotional part of it otherwise.

For me, mj helps with anxiety and it's a natural anti-depressant that works quickly and gives me no side effects. On the other hand, since starting with the meds 5 days ago, I'm just sleepy all the time and feel a little constipated...aaargh!

Does anyone know if places like Macy's, Whole Foods, AT&T...etc... routinely do drug tests for new employees? Do you know of any companies that for sure don't do the drug tests?? That's where I would prefer to apply first......

I may look into those detox kits but they seem expensive and don't trust them entirely...

Good night!

TIA

:::
#55 of 298 Old 01-28-2010, 11:17 PM

My guess is no since you are not using heavy machinery or working with kids. Just a guess though.
#56 of 298 Old 01-29-2010, 12:05 AM

My SO just got a good enough job taking inventory and they didn't pee test him. That was one of our big worries, well no, it was *mine* because he was just sure he could cheat the test (granted he has done it before). We also have a giant bottle of niacin here for flush purposes but I've never used it so I can't comment on the effectiveness. Do you have a local head shop that may hire you? Talk about an ideal place to work...

Betty *(.)(.)* mama to: DS1 (12) DS2 (11) DS3 (8)
(12/26/06) (5/11/09) (10/7/09)x2

#57 of 298 Old 01-31-2010, 07:36 AM

Hello,

I have never posted here out of paranoia. I used to live in the states, but moved to Europe. MJ is pretty much legal here. If you get busted it is a fine-not jail time. Anyway, I have a somewhat steady source and I am enjoying my new life if it would just be a little warmer.
Look forward to spending some time here.

Happily married Cajun transplanted to the Swiss hills.Mommy to two beautiful boys Louis Jean 03-07-07 and Elliot Millard 05-12-09
#58 of 298 Old 01-31-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunmommy View Post
Hello,

I have never posted here out of paranoia. I used to live in the states, but moved to Europe. MJ is pretty much legal here. If you get busted it is a fine-not jail time. Anyway, I have a somewhat steady source and I am enjoying my new life if it would just be a little warmer.
Look forward to spending some time here.
Sounds like a great upgrade!

i have a question: do any mommas smoke joints? i have thought about doing so but my BF insists they need a filter otherwise you are wasting alot of smoke. do you use a filter if you smoke joints?

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#59 of 298 Old 02-01-2010, 01:49 AM

Joints are wasteful for a couple of reasons. Part of it is of course the very end (the "roach", but I hate that name ), which you lose. Part of it is the fact that it keeps on burning and you can't really put it out between hits, and of course you're smoking the paper as well. All in all, joints are probably my least favorite way to smoke and, I've been told, the least efficient use of your herb (which strikes me as a very logical take on it).

I was wondering if it's strange that reading this thread makes me happy because it's the closest I can get to smoking these days.

#60 of 298 Old 02-01-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maminatural View Post
Hello ladies! I hope this beautiful evening finds you well! I was just outdoors in perfect 70 degrees F weather watching the stars and the moon and thought of all of you...

I find myself on the verge of making big changes... but it finds me needing to get a "regular" job and so I haven't refilled my mj stash and instead began taking the antidepressants that the shrink prescribed for me 9 months ago... she left it entirely up to me and I started but got off within 2 weeks.

Maybe I don't have the patience and I admit to being a bit afraid of pharmaceuticals, unfortunately, I don't feel I'm living under the right circumstances to bear with the emotional part of it otherwise.

For me, mj helps with anxiety and it's a natural anti-depressant that works quickly and gives me no side effects. On the other hand, since starting with the meds 5 days ago, I'm just sleepy all the time and feel a little constipated...aaargh!

Does anyone know if places like Macy's, Whole Foods, AT&T...etc... routinely do drug tests for new employees? Do you know of any companies that for sure don't do the drug tests?? That's where I would prefer to apply first......

I may look into those detox kits but they seem expensive and don't trust them entirely...

Good night!

TIA
I worked for Subway in 2 different towns and was not tested. The second manager did ask if I would be able to pass a drug test, and I said yes, and then I was hired.

Walmart does, not sure of others. I don't think many fast food places do just because of their high turnover rate. Could be wrong though.

jeneca mommy to kamille, 6 lexi, 4
#3 due 2/28/12

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page