Winter MJ / Cannabis Mamas - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 298 Old 02-01-2010, 01:07 AM
 
libranbutterfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It has been hard here for awhile. We were out of green for a couple months and finally broke down and bought some a couple weeks ago. I feel so much better We figured if we were going to be broke indefinately, we needed a little something to keep us going, I was getting way out of control depressed.

jeneca mommy to kamille, 6 lexi, 4
#3 due 2/28/12

libranbutterfly is offline  
#62 of 298 Old 02-01-2010, 01:30 AM
 
maciascl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Confusion
Posts: 3,563
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so frustrated!! The crazy midwife I have to go to this time around (we are BROKE & she is the only one who takes my ins) does a routine drug screening along with the prenatal panel. I've been puttin off my 1st visit since I really don't want to see her, but I guess I need to out it off a few weeks more. Thank goodness they sent all the paperwork ahead of time or I'd really be in trouble. I wouldn't put it past her to call CPS if a test came back positive.

On the bright side, I did hear on the radio yesterday that they have collected enough signatures to get legalization on the California ballot in November!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

maciascl is offline  
#63 of 298 Old 02-01-2010, 07:21 AM
 
mjkon78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I apologize - had posted this on the old threads first before finding this current one.

Hello, I just found this thread/site for first time. I have a 10.5 month old and abstained from smoking weed through preg and until today. I hurt my neck today and was in bad pain. My boyfriend suggested I smoke a little weed to releive the pain and I figured if I only had a few puffs it would be okay. I took 3 hits of chronic/kind bud only after I had nursed. Waited 3 hours and nursed baby for about 10 minutes before he fell asleep. I had a buzz for about those 3 hours but felt it had worn off when I nursed. It's a few hours later now and I am back to being my regular anxious self. I immediately regretted smoking after reading online that the THC will stay in fat cells and will pass to breastmilk and baby's urine will test positive for 2-3 weeks. DS check up for one year is coming up next month. If a blood test is done for lead, will marijuana show up? Will doctor report? What if baby was hospitalized for some sickness and had a urine test? Will it show up? I am freaking out now that CPS will come and remove my kid if it is found out that I bf after smoking. I know all the benefits of bm but I am seriously thinking of weaning TODAY and switching to formula. THat is how scared I am of the involvement of child welfare/gov't in our lives.

Please tell me I am WAY overreacting and I didn't just do irreparable harm.
mjkon78 is offline  
#64 of 298 Old 02-01-2010, 10:44 AM
 
eilonwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Lost
Posts: 15,406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Firstly, my understanding is that chronic is not just weed. Personally, I would be certain to AVOID it like the plague while breastfeeding. This may not be the case where you live, it is quite possible that what they're calling "chronic" isn't, but just to be safe I would pass.

Secondly: No, they will not test for marijuana when they test your baby for lead. In fact, they won't bother drug testing your child unless they have some reason to believe that it might be positive (i.e. they think that you are on drugs and that your parenting is suspect as a result). Several of my children have spent time in the hospital and none of them have ever been drug tested (though in all honesty I have never smoked during pregnancy or breastfeeding). If they had been, all would have tested positive for painkillers at and shortly after birth, and probably during a couple of the hospitalizations as well. Testing should not be an issue unless you have had drug problems in the past.

Thirdly: Please do not wean your son. Drink plenty of water (not too much-- *enough*) and continue nursing as often as your son desires. The benefits of breastfeeding in the short term as well as the long term far outweigh the extremely remote possibility of your son being drug tested. Yes, you are indeed overreacting.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
eilonwy is offline  
#65 of 298 Old 02-01-2010, 10:56 AM
 
Mamatolea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 1,430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas,

Need some advice

One of my wayward sons(teen boys who hang here because we are cool..lol) was just arrested for a (traffic violation) where they decided to search his vehicle. They found a baggie of weed with about 4 grams, but then they found the bigger stash in the back with another 21 grams in it. We are in NH where of course we aren't legal yet($&@!*$% Govenor 1#@#@$%) so I was wondering if anyone had any advice....

Today, he was bringing me breakfast cause he loves me and he cut through a one way behind my house to come into my driveway and they pulled him over again. Now he has another 2 moving violations on his record.

I am really hoping he won't go to jail..do you mamas think he will go to jail? Is there anything he can do? He was clean when he was pulled over both times...he told the cop that he was moving stuff from a friends house and he had guitars and snowboards and stuff. Should he plead not guilty to the other 21 grams and say it wasn't his, it was just in with the stuff his friend handed over or will it make it worse to say that?

Someone recommended he talk to the officer and ask if he could get the charges reduced because he has never been arrested before and he is trying to get into a school that won't accept him with drug charges

What do you all suggest??

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

Mamatolea is offline  
#66 of 298 Old 02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
 
yippiehippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkon78 View Post
I apologize - had posted this on the old threads first before finding this current one.

Hello, I just found this thread/site for first time. I have a 10.5 month old and abstained from smoking weed through preg and until today. I hurt my neck today and was in bad pain. My boyfriend suggested I smoke a little weed to releive the pain and I figured if I only had a few puffs it would be okay. I took 3 hits of chronic/kind bud only after I had nursed. Waited 3 hours and nursed baby for about 10 minutes before he fell asleep. I had a buzz for about those 3 hours but felt it had worn off when I nursed. It's a few hours later now and I am back to being my regular anxious self. I immediately regretted smoking after reading online that the THC will stay in fat cells and will pass to breastmilk and baby's urine will test positive for 2-3 weeks. DS check up for one year is coming up next month. If a blood test is done for lead, will marijuana show up? Will doctor report? What if baby was hospitalized for some sickness and had a urine test? Will it show up? I am freaking out now that CPS will come and remove my kid if it is found out that I bf after smoking. I know all the benefits of bm but I am seriously thinking of weaning TODAY and switching to formula. THat is how scared I am of the involvement of child welfare/gov't in our lives.

Please tell me I am WAY overreacting and I didn't just do irreparable harm.
You ARE overreacting...plenty of mamas smoke while bfing, i'm sure i will too. There is lots of research out there on it and also reading some of these older posts gives you some ideas too. Lots of mamas say their LO acts the same either way -they're not getting high.
As for the doctors tests. i highly doubt they'll test baby for mj unless suspicious...it's not that cheap and if unneccessary, why would insurance cos want to pay for that? i'm w/you on the govt being way too involved, bu they're also cheap

maciascl: i feel for you, i thought my midwife was bad (who i had to choose bc money as well), but whoa, what a whack job! drink lots of water and good luck!

Mamatolea: wow, what bad luck for him, poor guy. I really would have no clue what to do, hopefully it'll help that he was clean! to him!

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
yippiehippie is offline  
#67 of 298 Old 02-02-2010, 03:53 AM
 
cajunmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Joints are wasteful for a couple of reasons. Part of it is of course the very end (the "roach", but I hate that name ), which you lose. Part of it is the fact that it keeps on burning and you can't really put it out between hits, and of course you're smoking the paper as well. All in all, joints are probably my least favorite way to smoke and, I've been told, the least efficient use of your herb (which strikes me as a very logical take on it).

I was wondering if it's strange that reading this thread makes me happy because it's the closest I can get to smoking these days.
I don't think that is weird. When I was pregnant for both of my babies, I spent plenty time reading these threads.

Joints are wasteful and I just don'z like the idea of smoking paper. I like a small glass pipe.
My ds's are so sick today Good thing I gotta a liitle green to get me through. Oh btw I live in Switzerland and the green is awesome here
Expensive but worth it.

Happily married Cajun transplanted to the Swiss hills.Mommy to two beautiful boys Louis Jean 03-07-07 and Elliot Millard 05-12-09
cajunmommy is offline  
#68 of 298 Old 02-02-2010, 03:57 AM
 
cajunmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea View Post
Hi Mamas,

Need some advice

One of my wayward sons(teen boys who hang here because we are cool..lol) was just arrested for a (traffic violation) where they decided to search his vehicle. They found a baggie of weed with about 4 grams, but then they found the bigger stash in the back with another 21 grams in it. We are in NH where of course we aren't legal yet($&@!*$% Govenor 1#@#@$%) so I was wondering if anyone had any advice....

Today, he was bringing me breakfast cause he loves me and he cut through a one way behind my house to come into my driveway and they pulled him over again. Now he has another 2 moving violations on his record.

I am really hoping he won't go to jail..do you mamas think he will go to jail? Is there anything he can do? He was clean when he was pulled over both times...he told the cop that he was moving stuff from a friends house and he had guitars and snowboards and stuff. Should he plead not guilty to the other 21 grams and say it wasn't his, it was just in with the stuff his friend handed over or will it make it worse to say that?

Someone recommended he talk to the officer and ask if he could get the charges reduced because he has never been arrested before and he is trying to get into a school that won't accept him with drug charges

What do you all suggest??
I have no advice , but I just want to say this is so ridiculous! School won't accept him with drug charges. What else are you supposed to do in college other than experiment with drugs??? Maybe call the judge that will handle the case.

Happily married Cajun transplanted to the Swiss hills.Mommy to two beautiful boys Louis Jean 03-07-07 and Elliot Millard 05-12-09
cajunmommy is offline  
#69 of 298 Old 02-02-2010, 04:00 AM
 
cajunmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkon78 View Post
I apologize - had posted this on the old threads first before finding this current one.

Hello, I just found this thread/site for first time. I have a 10.5 month old and abstained from smoking weed through preg and until today. I hurt my neck today and was in bad pain. My boyfriend suggested I smoke a little weed to releive the pain and I figured if I only had a few puffs it would be okay. I took 3 hits of chronic/kind bud only after I had nursed. Waited 3 hours and nursed baby for about 10 minutes before he fell asleep. I had a buzz for about those 3 hours but felt it had worn off when I nursed. It's a few hours later now and I am back to being my regular anxious self. I immediately regretted smoking after reading online that the THC will stay in fat cells and will pass to breastmilk and baby's urine will test positive for 2-3 weeks. DS check up for one year is coming up next month. If a blood test is done for lead, will marijuana show up? Will doctor report? What if baby was hospitalized for some sickness and had a urine test? Will it show up? I am freaking out now that CPS will come and remove my kid if it is found out that I bf after smoking. I know all the benefits of bm but I am seriously thinking of weaning TODAY and switching to formula. THat is how scared I am of the involvement of child welfare/gov't in our lives.

Please tell me I am WAY overreacting and I didn't just do irreparable harm.
Chill they will not test for THC unless they are specifically testing for drugs. I also had to go to the hospital for an accident involving hot tea and nothing. Don't worry and please DON'T WEAN!!!!

Happily married Cajun transplanted to the Swiss hills.Mommy to two beautiful boys Louis Jean 03-07-07 and Elliot Millard 05-12-09
cajunmommy is offline  
#70 of 298 Old 02-02-2010, 11:09 AM
 
mjkon78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Mamas...I figured the tribe over here would be more supportive of my earlier freak out re: puffing and bf than if I had posted on one of the general boards. Could you guess that I started using mj to deal with an anxiety disorder? Much more helpful than xanax or paxil ever was. I appreciate the info and decided against weaning (that was my panic talking). My kids are er prone for some reason (febrile seizures, pneumonia, asthma all send us there at least once or twice a year) and they always get blood and urine samples when showing up. I just wasn't clear whether they run toxicology tests as a general rule on those or not. Thanks again. Peace and blessings.
mjkon78 is offline  
#71 of 298 Old 02-02-2010, 06:58 PM
 
*EarthMama*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
I am so frustrated!! The crazy midwife I have to go to this time around (we are BROKE & she is the only one who takes my ins) does a routine drug screening along with the prenatal panel. I've been puttin off my 1st visit since I really don't want to see her, but I guess I need to out it off a few weeks more. Thank goodness they sent all the paperwork ahead of time or I'd really be in trouble. I wouldn't put it past her to call CPS if a test came back positive.

On the bright side, I did hear on the radio yesterday that they have collected enough signatures to get legalization on the California ballot in November!
Hey Mama! Have you thought about UCing? If you don't like your midwife why not birth alone with your partner?

Free-birthing, un-schooling (Waldorf style), extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering Earth Mama to Kayleb, ( 10/07) and Anaya ( 5/10)! Joyfully married to my beloved I hug trees and plant seeds.
*EarthMama* is offline  
#72 of 298 Old 02-02-2010, 08:57 PM
 
yippiehippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH looooves joints (as most males do, i think). we've stopped them alltogether bc of the cost...it is more expensive and i personally don't love them. However, the roaches do not have to go to waste! I've never seen anyone do this till i met dh, but works great. We would put the roach in the hole where your thumb goes on a pipe--normally they fit perfectly. Then you smoke out of it w/nothing in the bowl. You can smoke the whole rest of the joint in there, i almost like that better than a j. To light it you kinda have to cover the bowl w/your finger, but then it's dummie-proof. Kinda makes me want it now

Anyway, i have some ranting: I just moved to the freezing midwest from AZ and i hate it!! i forgot how bad seasonal depression is-never got it my 7yrs in AZ. On top of that, mj here is horrible compared to what we would get, AND it's twice as much!! I wanna move back so bad

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
yippiehippie is offline  
#73 of 298 Old 02-02-2010, 11:50 PM
 
eilonwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Lost
Posts: 15,406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's interesting to me that you think of it as a man thing; The men I know who smoke regularly universally despise joints.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
eilonwy is offline  
#74 of 298 Old 02-03-2010, 02:45 AM
 
shmer24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michgan
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would love to join here.

Dh just got his medical license....Very exciting for us. I hope to get mine once I am not preg.

May all states play follow the leader and make many more smiling faces!

Wife to my LOVE Dave, Mama to Milo 8/16/07 and soon to be Mama to Sully EDD May 25th 2010
shmer24 is offline  
#75 of 298 Old 02-03-2010, 02:55 AM
 
shmer24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michgan
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post
Hi everyone!! I just wanted to stop in and say a quick and to you ladies I've not met before. I've been subbing this winter thread and the discussion is great!!

One thing I wanted to add about the pp's question about detox - make sure your pee isn't all funny colored or too diluted when you drop b/c they will notice. I had that happen to me once and almost lost the job. I had to re-take the pee test and luckily all was ok. Just my

The situation here is good I have a steady supply thanks to DH's nephew. Anyone have suggestions on how to keep my supply from getting too dry? It gets so bad that it turns into dust when I break it up
Make sure your storing in glass, and then just add some lettuce!

Wife to my LOVE Dave, Mama to Milo 8/16/07 and soon to be Mama to Sully EDD May 25th 2010
shmer24 is offline  
#76 of 298 Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 AM
 
cajunmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry about all the multiple posts. I am kinda new at posting

Good Morning everyone I hope this day is better. I have not been out the house in 3 days as my babies are sick. I hope we can go out a little today.

Ya know I read this post and all the mothers who smoke for depression, and it just makes me so angry that we are forced to hide and do something illegal while popping pills is ok. I went hat route too and I got sooo sick from the paxil and Xanax made me lose my memory of entire days. It took 5 years before dh finally understands that I need to smoke because it helps me keep it together. It is that simple. I feel less scattered when I smoke. Enough of my soapbox. Have a great day

Happily married Cajun transplanted to the Swiss hills.Mommy to two beautiful boys Louis Jean 03-07-07 and Elliot Millard 05-12-09
cajunmommy is offline  
#77 of 298 Old 02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
 
eilonwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Lost
Posts: 15,406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I read a theory last night that human beings are susceptible to the psychoactive effects of particular plants because we evolved that way; That the receptors in our brains would not be set up as they are if we were not meant to partake of them. It made a lot of sense.

I also learned that the desire to alter one's consciousness is not only innate but necessary for normal human development. Every culture, every age group seeks ways to alter their consciousness. It's why little children spin around in circles until they get dizzy and fall down (and then they get up and do it again). Why they swing, and hang upside-down, and why these things are necessary for brain development (it's true, they are!). In fact, it's been posited that DMT (a 'drug' that mammals actually make in their own bodies) is necessary for human beings to perceive reality at all. It may well be that without psychoactive substances which occur naturally that human beings would not be conscious of reality, or sentient at all.

It's really fascinating, especially in light of modern western society's predilection for making these things illegal. It follows the same line of thinking that tells women that their instincts regarding childbirth are wrong, that artificial feeding is better than natural breastfeeding, etc, etc, and so forth. We seem to be making an effort, as a society, to remove ourselves from the things which make us human. How weird is that? I mean it's very Animal Farm.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
eilonwy is offline  
#78 of 298 Old 02-03-2010, 07:32 PM
 
yippiehippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
It's interesting to me that you think of it as a man thing; The men I know who smoke regularly universally despise joints.
Oh that is funny...almost every guy i've ever known prefers joints!

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
yippiehippie is offline  
#79 of 298 Old 02-04-2010, 03:02 AM
 
HaikuMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA - moving to Maui soon
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am very happy to see this tribe! I do not smoke, but I am a supporter and semi-activist regarding medical marijuana.

Happily married mother of DD1 (10/87), DD2 (7/08), and DD3 (8/10)
HaikuMommy is offline  
#80 of 298 Old 02-04-2010, 03:13 AM
 
eilonwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Lost
Posts: 15,406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a good friend who smokes to help alleviate the pain associated with a severe hiatal hernia, and another who smokes to help with anxiety and some serious stomach issues. Welcome!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
eilonwy is offline  
#81 of 298 Old 02-04-2010, 10:30 AM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea View Post
Hi Mamas,

Need some advice

One of my wayward sons(teen boys who hang here because we are cool..lol) was just arrested for a (traffic violation) where they decided to search his vehicle. They found a baggie of weed with about 4 grams, but then they found the bigger stash in the back with another 21 grams in it. We are in NH where of course we aren't legal yet($&@!*$% Govenor 1#@#@$%) so I was wondering if anyone had any advice....

Today, he was bringing me breakfast cause he loves me and he cut through a one way behind my house to come into my driveway and they pulled him over again. Now he has another 2 moving violations on his record.

I am really hoping he won't go to jail..do you mamas think he will go to jail? Is there anything he can do? He was clean when he was pulled over both times...he told the cop that he was moving stuff from a friends house and he had guitars and snowboards and stuff. Should he plead not guilty to the other 21 grams and say it wasn't his, it was just in with the stuff his friend handed over or will it make it worse to say that?

Someone recommended he talk to the officer and ask if he could get the charges reduced because he has never been arrested before and he is trying to get into a school that won't accept him with drug charges

What do you all suggest??
So sorry I don't know what I would do either.

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#82 of 298 Old 02-04-2010, 11:13 AM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
I am so frustrated!! The crazy midwife I have to go to this time around (we are BROKE & she is the only one who takes my ins) does a routine drug screening along with the prenatal panel. I've been puttin off my 1st visit since I really don't want to see her, but I guess I need to out it off a few weeks more. Thank goodness they sent all the paperwork ahead of time or I'd really be in trouble. I wouldn't put it past her to call CPS if a test came back positive.

On the bright side, I did hear on the radio yesterday that they have collected enough signatures to get legalization on the California ballot in November!
I hope you get it worked out whatever you decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
Anyway, i have some ranting: I just moved to the freezing midwest from AZ and i hate it!! i forgot how bad seasonal depression is-never got it my 7yrs in AZ. On top of that, mj here is horrible compared to what we would get, AND it's twice as much!! I wanna move back so bad
I live in MI too =) LOVE LOVE LOVE AZ!! We had a failed attempt to move there last year I so get you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranbutterfly View Post
It has been hard here for awhile. We were out of green for a couple months and finally broke down and bought some a couple weeks ago. I feel so much better We figured if we were going to be broke indefinately, we needed a little something to keep us going, I was getting way out of control depressed.
I hope you feel better mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmer24 View Post
Make sure your storing in glass, and then just add some lettuce!
Thanks for all the green help mams! I put it in a jar with a bit of an apple b/c that's all I had at the moment, and it took literally less than 1/2 a day to rehydrate... I took out the fruit so it wouldn't get weird on me and sealed it up. Worked out great! I can't believe I ever kept my expensive meds in a baggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I read a theory last night that human beings are susceptible to the psychoactive effects of particular plants because we evolved that way; That the receptors in our brains would not be set up as they are if we were not meant to partake of them. It made a lot of sense.

I also learned that the desire to alter one's consciousness is not only innate but necessary for normal human development. Every culture, every age group seeks ways to alter their consciousness. It's why little children spin around in circles until they get dizzy and fall down (and then they get up and do it again). Why they swing, and hang upside-down, and why these things are necessary for brain development (it's true, they are!). In fact, it's been posited that DMT (a 'drug' that mammals actually make in their own bodies) is necessary for human beings to perceive reality at all. It may well be that without psychoactive substances which occur naturally that human beings would not be conscious of reality, or sentient at all.

It's really fascinating, especially in light of modern western society's predilection for making these things illegal. It follows the same line of thinking that tells women that their instincts regarding childbirth are wrong, that artificial feeding is better than natural breastfeeding, etc, etc, and so forth. We seem to be making an effort, as a society, to remove ourselves from the things which make us human. How weird is that? I mean it's very Animal Farm.
Wow... where did you read that? Makes sense... I think I need to medicate and re-read that...

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#83 of 298 Old 02-05-2010, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter
 
mama516/419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ma/Ri line
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
[color=Indigo]Firstly, my understanding is that chronic is not just weed. Personally, I would be certain to AVOID it like the plague while breastfeeding. This may not be the case where you live, it is quite possible that what they're calling "chronic" isn't, but just to be safe I would pass.
color]
Hi I just wanted to say from a growers stand point Chronic is a classification of THC leavels - as apposed to Schwag . but alot of people get it confused with Hydro , just like people will say Organic when they mean in soil. Of course Soil can be organic . I hear all the time "is this Hydro or Organic " or "Is it Hydro or Chronic " But things take on definitions all thier own in other areas . Hear if the MJ is mixed or cut with another drug we say Laced
Peace

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
mama516/419 is offline  
#84 of 298 Old 02-06-2010, 08:53 PM
 
maminatural's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: sun and sand
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It always makes me happy to read you all... it's great to know that I'm not alone in this mothering mj life...

It's been 2 weeks or more since I last partook (is that even a proper word?)... I've been working on my resume and thinking of getting a real job and since my stash was gone I just figured it was the right time to get off it for awhile... but can I confess something??

I miss my anti-anxiety, anti depressant herbal medicine... I've been taking Celexa and although it helps with the anxiety somewhat... there's no comparison to the joyful effect I feel with mj. It also freaks me out to think I'm messing up my insides cause pharmaceuticals, well, I just don't trust them. Instead, it makes me tired and unlike mj... it gives me no inspiration to be creative...Oh well, already I'm working on making a connection.. this is no good for me.

Anyway, I hope you are all happy and healthy and enjoying your mj! For those who worry about using during pregnancy and bfeeding... it's all about how you feel about it. If you don't feel right, don't do it, but I for one did during both pregnancy and bfeeding although I stopped a few weeks before going into the hospital just in case... My dd is a beautiful, smart, sharp preschooler...

And to the mom whose teenage pal got in trouble with the law... sending good vibes, your way...... may he come out alright and be able to continue his studies and do well!

Hugs and Kisses to y'all!

mn

:::
maminatural is offline  
#85 of 298 Old 02-07-2010, 07:03 PM
 
Sweetmama26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The center of the universe
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey mama's I'm subbing to this thread I'll make sure to come back and tell you a bit about myself when I have a bit of time.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

Sweetmama26 is offline  
#86 of 298 Old 02-08-2010, 10:34 AM
 
Sweetmama26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The center of the universe
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Mama's as promised I am back, I used to be on here as another name. Its been over a year. Lil Corbyn is 15.5 months now and we don't have to deal with CPS no more. Andy and I are engaged now too and going to be TTC'ing as of February 22nd so YAY!

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

Sweetmama26 is offline  
#87 of 298 Old 02-08-2010, 01:13 PM
 
Carter'sMummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i love my son's father, i finally got some herb!!!!!!

its been 7 months since i last smoked, but now that im smoking and have a baby, its a huge reality check. I mean, they say it takes time for you to realize you have a baby...really realize, and when my true conscious kicks in..i think, omg i have a baby! it was overwelming to smoke the first couple of times, but now im coming to terms and embracing the truth. feels good!

i swear mj is helping my milk production, but research says other wise...am i just imagining this? or do you mama's find that too?

Shawna young single liquid gold feedin intactlactivist co-sleepin mama to my mixed baby boy Carter Jesse (aug 26th 09)
Carter'sMummy is offline  
#88 of 298 Old 02-08-2010, 02:45 PM
 
Sweetmama26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The center of the universe
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Carter's Mommy - MJ really helped my supply especially when I was stressed.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

Sweetmama26 is offline  
#89 of 298 Old 02-08-2010, 09:42 PM
 
Mountaingirl79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Asheville NC
Posts: 1,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also had a plentiful supply while MJ and lactating..

ETA: Also, Mamatolea, your son sounds like my brother! There was a time when he couldn't jaywalk without getting caught. Bless his heart. LOL I think everything will work out, he will probably get by with some community service and fines, if it is a first offense. I would say to tell him to plead not guilty to the 21 grams, and to keep with his story about moving a bunch of furniture and boxes for his friend and that he doesn't know who it belongs to. Claim the small amount as his personal possession. Make sure he makes his court dates!! He just needs to be extra careful for awhile! :-)

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

 

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

 

 
 
 

Mountaingirl79 is offline  
#90 of 298 Old 02-09-2010, 11:47 PM
 
mami to 3 :)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WY
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG!!!!

I was having a fit right now reading this thread about an 11 year old that was caught smoking pot by the cops. And some members were all voer the place with the issue.
Apparently smoking pot makes you an offender, law breaker who deserves to be in jail,ugh the ignorance.

Anyway, oh yes I'm so happy I fgound this tribe. I haven't smoked in several months. I never smoke while breastfeeding, I don't really know if there can be any risks, can more informed mammas enlighten me on this issue??? I never smoked while breastfeeding my 5yo and my 4yo but I'm having this...
urge to put it lightly but there's something about doing it right now that terrifies me for some reason.
DH says that I should wait until DS weans, but I'm sure that wont happen until his over a year old.

Leo(5), Cata(4), Tiago(1/9/09), stepmama to Addie(14) wife to Alec
mami to 3 :) is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off