NMY Graduates Love Thread, Part 5 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 607 Old 10-08-2010, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did I kill the thread?

We were anti-TV until this pregnancy, which as you all know has been very hard on me physically. At present we do up to 1/2 hour to cover emergencies. I would say it happens an average of once every 2 to 3 weeks. I would like to make it less frequent but I don't think it's going to go away entirely, and I think I am mostly okay with that. Sometimes mommy needs her time! And DD is very demanding, which I love as a personality trait, but sometimes I just need to get something done, YK? And with newbaby coming, I imagine I may need more.

Do any of you do kids' exercise DVDs? A mom in the nabe with an older child but with similar parenting style/tastes in toys is selling the following for $5 each:

http://www.gaiam.com/product/yogakid...ges+3-6+dvd.do

If anyone here has seen them and/or liked them, please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 607 Old 10-12-2010, 09:44 PM

Piepie we have not tried kids' exercise videos. I didn't even know they had those! We were also basically tv-free until my pg. It's just so hard!

Dr says DS is still too skinny and is having him see a nutritionist in November. And then in three months if he's still too small, a gastroenterologist (sp?). He's in the 1st percentile. I made the mistake of telling the dr that ds is nursing more now (along with eating more solids (but he of course didn't hear that)). So then he tells me that he might be nursing too much and I may have to wean. I told him that I bfed DD for 2.5 years and that weaning at a year seemed really strange to me. Ugh! DS has never been a big eater (well not since after the first week - which is also coincidentally when he started taking his heart meds). He was just starting to eat more and look slightly chunkier, and then he was sick with a virus for two whole weeks and has just started eating more again in the past couple of days. So anyway, once again I go to the dr and feel like a failure as a mom.

Dh is getting really mad and wants to demand that he get off the heart medications now. The cardio wants to wean slowly. basically by letting DS grow out of the current doses. But how long will that take if he's gaining so slowly?! One of the side effects is loss of appetite! I've read from other parents that their kids were weaned a little more abruptly.

I think I'm going to start writing down everything he eats so I'll have something to show the nutritionist.

I'm just so frustrated with this whole weight thing...

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#483 of 607 Old 10-13-2010, 12:37 PM

Maela,
I so hear you on that. Rhea is finally 24 pounds at 27 months. I wouldn't wean him no matter what the doctor says--he's getting nutrients he might not otherwise get through food! And yeah, everytime Rhea gets sick, the appetite goes out the wndow....except for nursing.

I totally bet the medication is to blame. Hs he outgrown the condition? can you tell?

You are NOT a failure.

Come ponder with me about food!
#484 of 607 Old 10-14-2010, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
Maela,
I so hear you on that. Rhea is finally 24 pounds at 27 months. I wouldn't wean him no matter what the doctor says--he's getting nutrients he might not otherwise get through food! And yeah, everytime Rhea gets sick, the appetite goes out the wndow....except for nursing.

I totally bet the medication is to blame. Hs he outgrown the condition? can you tell?

You are NOT a failure.
We won't know if he's outgrown the condition until he's off the medication.

Thanks for the sympathy.

#485 of 607 Old 10-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Banned

hi all! sorry i haven't been around much.

things at work are progressing very quickly. there's great movement--people leaving and people coming in. the web site will be launched soon, too, thank goodness.
#486 of 607 Old 10-17-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
hi all! sorry i haven't been around much.

things at work are progressing very quickly. there's great movement--people leaving and people coming in. the web site will be launched soon, too, thank goodness.
I'm glad to hear things are going so well for you!

Jaim is going poop in the potty 90% of the time and pee ~50%. He's signing potty sometimes and will walk to the bathroom if I say "lets go potty". It's so cute! Sometimes it seems though that he only signs potty so that he can go to the bathroom to wash his hands (he loves washing his hands!). I bought little underwear that he wears while we're at home. He seems to dislike being wet (unlike Maev who could care less at that age), and will take his diaper off if he's wet and that's all he has on.

He's also signing "more", "nurse" (milk), "all done", and we're working on "help." He says more, hi, mama, dada, and I think he's saying Maev sometimes, but it sounds like Mah.

I forgot how much I love this age!

Maev is really liking that she can actually play with her little brother a little bit now. She yells at him sometimes, but there hasn't been any pushing in a few weeks. She seems to go in and out of phases of the stereotypical toddler resistance to anything I ask her to do. I'm working on staying calm and not raising my voice.

She's getting interested in reading. She goes through her books and finds words to try to sound out. It's so neat to watch. She's also wanting to count out loud with me a lot. I love watching her learn.
Her new cute thing is at bedtime when I lie down with her for a few minutes, she says, "Mama, I love you so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much." or "I like your hair. It looks so pretty."

#487 of 607 Old 10-18-2010, 03:23 PM

Wow, I come here so infrequently now that I had forgotten my password!!

Maela, I do not know that I agree with your doctor on the weight gain thing. I have 2 friends who are very well-informed, well-educated mothers, in one case much more pro-medical establishment than you are (wanted an epidural, would consider being induced) whose sons are entirely off the weight chart and have been for a long time and who have accepted virtually no intervention. In one case he is barely smaller than my DD (1/2 pound, maybe?) and would be on the weight chart if he were female. She nursed him until he was... 2 y, 6 mo or 2 y, 7 mo. He is an exceptional child -- crazy athletic and spirited and smart as a whip. He barely eats a thing -- lots of grazing with one big meal a day. My other friend's son "self-weaned" at 15 mos. and she did accept a referral from a nutritionist. Writing down everything he ate was very clarifying for her and for the doc -- he eats WAY more than most kids, in excess of 1200 cal/day at 12 mos. In both cases the mom, and in one case the dad, found their own baby growth charts and their sons were tracking their growth, which reassured the pediatricians a lot (all skinny but healthy adults with no brain damage). I also have one friend whose daughter was off the charts short and skinny -- although her physical milestones were delayed, she is now of high sch age and a certified genius (so no brain damage), and she nursed till 18 mos. when she "self-weaned" probably due to her mother's pregnancy. She barely ate a thing, I swear to God; I remember her preschool yrs when I think my DD isn't eating enough. Now she is very much on the weight chart, much to her chagrin. All of these are only anecdotes, I know, but I would definitely get a second opinion before I would submit to very intrusive testing. Have you considered whether silent reflux might be playing a part? It does make a person feel full more quickly.
#488 of 607 Old 10-18-2010, 05:25 PM

PiePie, thanks for the anecdotes! Still makes me feel better. I feel 90% that Jaim is just fine. He's meeting all his milestones in advance or on time and he's happy. I'm willing to meet with the nutritionist, but I am doubtful that he/she will give me any advice that I haven't heard about. I guess I'm kind of hoping that he/she will confirm that he looks fine and that I'm doing everything right. The worst case scenario would be that she wouldn't know a think about extended bfing and would be pressuring me to wean the whole appointment.

Whatever happens, I am not weaning him before he's two. I know that for sure.

I know that my IL's said that the dr was always telling them to feed Dh more and more because he was skinny. When he was four they told him to give him a bowl of sugary cereal before bedtime every night. So that's probably where ds gets it from. I was not a skinny baby.

#489 of 607 Old 10-19-2010, 12:33 AM

Maela, I had to chime in: Jaim sounds brilliant and thriving to me. Signing, pottying.....he's only a few weeks older than Reece, I was shocked to remember that when I was reading about what his milestones are.
#490 of 607 Old 10-30-2010, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shanna~ View Post
Maela, I had to chime in: Jaim sounds brilliant and thriving to me. Signing, pottying.....he's only a few weeks older than Reece, I was shocked to remember that when I was reading about what his milestones are.
Thank you. Most of the time I think he's totally fine, just a skinny baby who doesn't enjoy eating much. And then there are nights that I spend worrying that something must be wrong. His cardiologist is going to call me on Monday about the results of his 24hr heart monitor thing. Dh is going to talk to her about weaning from the medication more quickly if the results are good. I guess we'll see...

And Happy (belated) 1st Birthday to Reece!!!!

did you guys do anything special?

#491 of 607 Old 11-01-2010, 06:42 AM

As usual, Maela is the solid NMY contributor and the rest of us have been away for too long.

I've just come off a crazy month of running childbirth ed classes 2 nights a week for 4 weeks. It was a great success with awesome feedback so I'm pleased...but also pleased that it's over until next year now!

Life is great. The weather is getting warm. Spring is almost over, thus so is hayfever season! Sebby is delightful.

A relatively new friend asked me today if I'd attend her homebirth in April. I'm so excited. I've done all hospital births so far and only yesterday, I'd said to DP that I'd love to get my foot in the door of homebirth doula-ing and voila!

And on top of all that happiness and positivity, I'm still completely exhausted and desperate for a break which I won't get until at least Feb as I'm on call with births up 'til then.

I've also been having a big bout of new mama grief - have any of you experienced it this late in the game? All I really want is to go away without responsibility, without having to consider someone else, without consequence, for just 2 nights. I went to collect something from my mum's yesterday and at 1pm she was still in her PJ's and intending to stay on the couch reading papers and watching movies all day. I was insanely jealous. How do you move past this? Or don't you?

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#492 of 607 Old 11-01-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post

I've also been having a big bout of new mama grief - have any of you experienced it this late in the game? All I really want is to go away without responsibility, without having to consider someone else, without consequence, for just 2 nights. I went to collect something from my mum's yesterday and at 1pm she was still in her PJ's and intending to stay on the couch reading papers and watching movies all day. I was insanely jealous. How do you move past this? Or don't you?
I never had this -- I was too caught up in the grief of leaving her to work outside the home. I did join a book club when she was 8 mos. old, so every month or so I visit with other moms without child in tow. DH thinks I need more of this and takes care of DD without bothering me (lots of other moms get texts that the kid won't go to sleep, etc. Not me. I just discover it when I get home!) Of course we talk about our kids more than the book.

In terms of a night away, what are your thoughts re Sebby and weaning? I know lots of moms who have done a night away, either for work or for pleasure. I have not yet, and won't until I am in labor. I didn't feel ready to leave her until a couple of mos. ago, and we have non-trivial concern that my parents couldn't manage her (she takes a lot of energy, and my mom is not in good health), and anyway DH would probably just get frustrated with me because I am so exhausted these days that a go go go mini vaca would be more like nap go nap. I can't really walk much either without bringing on horrible pains (contractions? ligaments? nerve compression? who knows, but it stops when I lie down, so it's not labor).

I am 36 w, 1 d. Totally busy applying for alternate schs for DD for her 4 yo yr. Have a TERRIFYING amt of work to wrap up before it's safe to go on maternity leave. No idea where I am going to find the energy for it. In the old days I would just hole myself up and pull and all-nighter but now...no mind-over-matter craziness left in me.
#493 of 607 Old 11-01-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
As usual, Maela is the solid NMY contributor and the rest of us have been away for too long.
Ugh. Doesn't that just mean that I have no life?

Quote:
I get that feeling for a couple of days about once a month! I really don't like it. It's usually accompanied by a bout of laziness. And some resentment towards Dh (who actually does a lot).

ETA: PiePie, I can't believe you're so far along! How exciting!

#494 of 607 Old 11-02-2010, 06:02 PM

The results from DS's 24hr heart monitoring came back fine! I'm assuming we'll have to do it again in a few months when the cardio's lowered his medication doses again. She said she wants to leave the amounts alone until January.

I tried to do some research on Digoxin (the med that we think might be causing his poor appetite) online. found something that said it can cause aneroxia (sp?), loss of appetite, etc. in adults, but that in children the first sign that it's not good for the child is heart arrhythmia and other problems usually before appetite/weight problems. So maybe it's not the meds if his heart is sounding great. I'm trying not to stress about his eating because I have a feeling DS is picking up on it.

PiePie, I'm finally reading Sleepless in America (you recommended it right?). It's really good, thanks! I think it will help us.

#495 of 607 Old 11-02-2010, 07:03 PM

That's great news Maela - and I don't think you have no life - just a strong sense of loyalty, right?

I actually keep up most of the time but I'm usually reading on my iPhone so am reluctant to type anything on that tiny keyboard! My computer time is really limited because I can't do it with small person around - or he wants in!

And speaking of small person being around all the time - he seems to be weaning from his daytime nap. Eek! His naps only just got somewhat reliable when he started sleeping at night and already he's dropping them? He's only 22months. And he only sleeps 10hours at night. And he's a nightmare by 3pm when he doesn't nap. After no nap yesterday, we tried an earlier bedtime last night which he was happy with but was then up for the day at 5am and I'm not really keen to play that game! Any suggestions folks?

Maybe I should brush up on Sleepless in America. It is a good book and has definitely helped us.

PiePie
- I can't believe that you've never felt that 'old self' grief? Especially as you are someone so driven in your career and a slightly older mum too, which, in my experience, can intensify the new mother shock and grief.

I have no intention of actually going away - I can't because I'm on call for births up until xmas, but also because I'm not ready to leave DS at night unless it's for a birth. He's still very attached to nursing during the day - too attached for my liking - he wants to nurse every time I sit down and tries to drag me to the couch a thousand times a day as well. It's making me want to wean when he's two even though philosophically, I'd like to go a bit longer... Not that I can imagine being able to wean when he's 2 - such is his intense addiction!

And on that note, i have a boy pulling at me crying 'boo boo, a boo boo, please!' ttyl

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#496 of 607 Old 11-07-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:

PiePie
- I can't believe that you've never felt that 'old self' grief? Especially as you are someone so driven in your career and a slightly older mum too, which, in my experience, can intensify the new mother shock and grief.

l
The weird thing for me is that I lose my career drive when I started TTC'ing. I would like it back, but it only comes back in small spurts when I absolutely need it to, like on deadline. But by and large I am not that person anymore. I feel like a part of me is lost or broken but I also have tons of trouble valuing any of that stuff any more? It's a big problem for me. I don't want to be working because it pays the bills but I just don't have that push any more. I think I am too stretched to find the passion. Or too burned by past treatment by employers to risk putting in the passion?? Not sure. It's bad, though, but it does mean I don't really miss the pre-kid days because I wouldn't really want to be working late on some saving the world project, I would rather flee early on the excuse/reality that I need to make the school pickup. Saw Fair Game this past weekend (our 5th wedding anniversary!!) and saw the high-powered career woman in the first half of the movie and was a mix of envy (because that kind of drive and success would be DH's ideal DP, I secretly suspect -- although not really because then he would have to do more domestic labor) and just an honest realization that I wouldn't want to be traveling away from my kids.

Mostly I feel like I look down on the values of my pre-parents lifestyle, in that work just doesn't feel as transcendent as parenting. Which means I have lost true connections with all of my non-parent friends, becasue they still think that promotions, raises, etc., are the meaning of life -- or in most cases, enacting social change is -- but it all feels very distant to me. And I am sure they think that DD's intellectual leaps and latest moods are petty too.

I do kind of hope and trust that my love of my work will come back to me, but that my children will always come first, but maybe not in such an all-consuming way. I have never really not loved my work and Marx was right that we need to to be fully human. By which I don't mean just paid work, but since I do have to work for pay, I need to love it. I do have a friend from another parents' list whose kids' daycare/Montessori sch almost folded, she took it over and basically ran a school from her pub interest law office for 2 years (doing mostly sch stuff and little law) and now she is a super high-powered gay rights lawyer who does not think about her kids -- she thinks about peer harassment when she is supposed to be thinking about peer harassment. Must be nice. But honestly making wishlists for DD's Xmas and my soon-to-be-homeschooling (while on maternity leave) is much more fun for me right now.

But mostly I guess I was responding to your twist about wanting down time. Before kids I did not give myself much downtime. I worked 6 days a week at least, always until 8 or 8:30 at the earliest, and since I have been with DP, the other day was a whirlwind of cultural activity (because that's his style). So it was probably years (7 years?) before DD's birth when I actually had a day in my pajamas watching movies. I just always had the never-ending work that spills over into the time that normal people consider life, and before that I had sch, which of course has no built-in boundaries, and you know I took sch VERY seriously since about age 12. Which isn't to say I don't appreciate that parenting means less personal time than working -- at work I get to go the bathroom unencumbered, for example, and I can usually get some internet time in except on a truly terrible day, because I have a desk job (if I were, say, teaching, OMG it would be rough right now).

DD's sleep has gone to hell this week, with bedtime delayed so badly I don't want to tell anyone. Monday night I had a friend visiting from London, and of course she wanted to visit with the friend instead of go to bed. I should have either told the friend she couldn't come (but that seemed bad, since she is all the way from London), or I should have gone out to meet her away from DD (but that seemed bad because I was in a lot of pain from BH ctx and I needed to lie down, which can be hard to do in a restaurant (although trust me I have). I really hope that the change in the clocks buys us at least an hour.

I have read that women who have their first in their late 30s tend to miss pre-kids life more, but for me it was sort of the opposite, I had already become a little disillusioned by the lawyer life and I knew I needed something else too. DH probably has some of that, though -- he loves travel, but when he was very young he had no $, whereas since DD was born he has been making actual $, so he feels like now that he could travel kids wreck those dreams, because let's be honest DD doesn't want to spend 5 days straight in the Louvre or the Hermitage, and I am not willing to take an infant to a developing country (subject to revision, but that's where I am right now).

so in summary, it's not at all like grief, it's more like being lost. i don't want the old but the new is not quite right yet either, because my head is not in the work game as much as i wish it were.
#497 of 607 Old 11-10-2010, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

MMM I am having the same problem with the computer time being impossible while the little guy is around.  I manage to read plenty, but typing doesn't happen unless he's napping or bugging dh at his computer. 

PiePie- I can't believe how close you're getting!  It seems like you were just beginning this pregnancy.  I wish you strength and energy to get everything done before the birth.

Maela- that's great news about the monitoring results.  Jaim sounds just fine to me too, just small.  How's the appetite lately?

Things here have been kind of stressful.  Westley is still not sleeping well, I can't get him to sleep more than 9 hours on a good night.  He either wakes up really early in the morning, or he's up in the middle of the night for a few hours.  He's also still in the throes of teething, with not much to show for it.  He has always been a really slow teether.  I'm hoping that these most recent sleep issues have all been about teeth, because if they are, I may be getting a break soon.  The lack of night sleep has left me needing naps during the day, and mostly the only opportunity for that is during Westley's nap, which is when I should be doing my homework.  Because of that, I am weeks late on my composition project ( I should really be working on it now)  and I really should get started on the next one.  The scary part to me is that I don't even really care.  I was so excited about going back to school, the last year I attended I had so much fun and loved my classes.  Now I find myself day dreaming about being just a sahm, playing with Westley, and sewing and knitting and actually keeping the house clean.  So, no new mom grief here, I'm thinking wistfully of the days when he was tiny!  And I've got baby fever.  Which is absolutely nuts, I already have a baby!  He's 15 months now, and I know some are ready for the  next one by now, but I always wanted about 3 years between kids.  Not to mention the fact that I haven't even gotten my period back yet, so even if I was really ready, I likely couldn't get pregnant anyway.  It doesn't help that Westley still freaks out when I leave for class.  He's gotten better when I leave him with dh, but screams for the whole 1.5 hours if he's with a babysitter.  So I have guilt for that.  And then there's dh.  I'm really worried about his health.  Things have been declining for him for a long time, but they've recently been going faster.  So I worry that all the extra time he's putting in taking care of Westley while I'm at school is making things worse.  We don't know what's wrong with him, we won't have insurance until January, and even when he's having really worrisome symptoms (low pulse ox, no stamina, mild pressure in his chest) he won't go to the doctor, because he doesn't want to screw us over financially by finding out he needs heart surgery or something before we have insurance coverage. 

Sorry to be so negative, I think I just needed to put it all out there.  Maybe now I can focus on getting some work on my project in. 

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

#498 of 607 Old 11-10-2010, 09:07 PM

Angelorum, I'm sorry to hear about your Dh.  That's scary.  Hopefully, in Jan when you get insurance again, he'll decide to go to the dr.  hug2.gif  I hope things improve for you guys soon.  It stinks when it feels like everything is going wrong at once.  

We saw the nutritionist yesterday.  She was very nice and didn't make me feel like I was a bad parent.  She thought I was doing everything right except that she thought I should decrease the time I spend nursing him.  Not going to happen.  Isn't breastmilk the best source of calories/fat, even at this age?  And it's not like he's nursing, nursing, nursing and that's why he isn't eating.  I offer food A LOT.  Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it.  I guess I'll just lie when we see her again in a couple of months.  I'll just tell her we're slowly cutting down ....or something. Ugh.

#499 of 607 Old 11-11-2010, 08:15 PM

Wow, total new look!  

Just popping in to say hi and that I'm still a NMY and still reading along.  I do miss you ladies and I hope you're all doing well!

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

#500 of 607 Old 11-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Banned

in hearing about these petite kids, i'm reminded again of how *huge* hawk is. LOL i didn't realize it. but he's about 40 lbs and 3 ft tall. So, as always tall, but now a fairly normal weight for his height. he's larger than all of the kids i know his age, and larger than a lot of 2.5 yr olds. he's as tall as some 3 yr olds. 

it has given us a bit of trouble. people expect him to be more capable/mature, and when he acts like a 2 yr old, and his normal ridiculously exuberant self, he ends up just bowling other kids over--even those older than him. he is full throttle when awake, goodness knows. keeps me on my toes.

i'm looking forward to our christmas vacation. there will be one more adult around.

#501 of 607 Old 11-12-2010, 11:43 AM

What the heck happened here? And why do I have a picture of  a tree next to my name, which I've never seen?  Uh, back to work, no time to read about the changes.......

I miss you ladies!

#502 of 607 Old 11-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Banned

they updated to a different system, of course! :D i kind of like my assigned tree.

#503 of 607 Old 11-16-2010, 08:42 AM

Gawking that Hawk is 40 lbs.  Not sure if DD has tipped the scale to 30 yet -- she has at my MWs' office, but their scale is usually 3 lbs. over everyone else's.  So by that measure she is 29.  But closing in on 30.  Doubt there will be much weight added -- mostly length for the next months/year I'm guessing.  She's a little tall and a little lean, but not extreme on either end.  FWIW, my brother was a BIG toddler -- we called him the "lil linebacker" but by age 3 (maybe 3 12/) he was tall and skinny, which he continues to be.  Not skinny skinny, but definitely a basketball build and not an American football build.

#504 of 607 Old 11-16-2010, 03:21 PM

Yes, DS is also a big one. 35lbs and some change, too. He's tall as well as stocky. And we definitely battle with peoples expectations of him!

#505 of 607 Old 11-16-2010, 11:13 PM

Maev is somewhere between 30 and 35 lbs.  Pretty average I think.  Jaim is 18.5 lbs.

#506 of 607 Old 11-18-2010, 09:21 PM

my parents had that issue with my brother (big for his age).  exacerbated by very advanced verbal skills,  but not at all above age expectations with regard to social/emotional maturity.  what worked best for him was a montessori setting where the expectation that kids would be at different levels of progression in different skill sets is deeply ingrained.  so he could be a fluent reader at 3 with absolutely zero patience and that was totally normal for them.

i am finally on maternity leave.  it was a huge drama to get there.  let's just say that the stereotype of the career woman who wants to control birth has a grain of truth around here.  everyone seemed to think that if i would just sched a c then the baby definitely wouldn't come before then!  off for the next 6 1/2 mos.  only 3 1/2 of which are paid, which is a PROBLEM, but whatever, i can't be worried about that right now, who knows where we will be financially in 3 mos., life happens.  i have a gut feeling i am going to have the baby tomorrow; so does dd.  i really should sleep for 2 days as i have pulled 2 consecutive all-nighters but i am too crazy wired to sleep. 

really, no idea what to do with myself now that i am on maternity leave.  moving is too difficult for me to do any cleaning, for instance.  it's a weird state.

#507 of 607 Old 11-18-2010, 09:52 PM

Hmm, Nicholas is 23.5 lbs, Josephine is maybe 27.5.  Kinda the opposite of Maev and Jaim.  Anyway, I can understand ppl expecting too much of a big boy.  For DD's part, I think we often expect too much of her based on her verbal skills alone.  (and then, I guess maybe she gets confused when she runs into kids who are clearly bigger/older who can't speak on her level.)

I had to LOL at Shanna's post b/c I was just thinking the same thing.  I guess it's been a while since I logged on b/c I hadn't seen this before today.

Congrats on maternity leave Piepie!

Quote:
really, no idea what to do with myself now that i am on maternity leave.

You should snuggle.  With DD, with DH, and just alone.  Most importantly alone, I think.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#508 of 607 Old 11-19-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post

For DD's part, I think we often expect too much of her based on her verbal skills alone.  (and then, I guess maybe she gets confused when she runs into kids who are clearly bigger/older who can't speak on her level.)

Quote:
really, no idea what to do with myself now that i am on maternity leave.

You should snuggle.  With DD, with DH, and just alone.  Most importantly alone, I think.

We had/have the exact same issues with DD and her verbal skills.

And I agree with cking about the snuggling and alone time!  I also would play play play with Dd!

#509 of 607 Old 11-23-2010, 02:51 PM

PiePie watch :)

#510 of 607 Old 11-25-2010, 10:31 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to the NMY and the Grads!

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page