Thread killer or invisible poster? Come join in here! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

8Likes

#91 of 210 Old 07-11-2010, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, me too! Me too! I'm kinda new so I feel like I"m trying to fit in and don't always know how. Mind, I started one thread that got quite a few responses, and I thought "They like me! They really like me!".

You can take the girl out of high school...

Woman, Wife, Mom to beautiful DD (10/14/09), Copywriter, occasionally tearing my hair out but usually pretty happy about it all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 210 Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 AM

You can take the girl out of high school... [/QUOTE]

this is so me and I hated high school.....(and now the crickets..... )

lady.gif Proud Mama of Lil "Big" Roc  banana.gifand Lil Roman superhero.gif 
#93 of 210 Old 07-12-2010, 01:35 PM

May I join? I've killed quite a few threads.
Often I'll join a thread, one one responds to my post, then someone else also joins the thread and everyone responds with a "Welcome to this thread!"

#94 of 210 Old 07-13-2010, 10:14 AM

See! happened again!
#95 of 210 Old 07-13-2010, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
finally...I found where I belong!
#96 of 210 Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM

This totally where I belong too! I just gave up - it's like I can respond to a thread and get no response or acknowlegement that I even exist then someone can come along and post almost the same response and they get all kinds of responses! I am glad to know I am not the only one though!

SAHM to DD1 - 6 blahblah.gif, DD2- 3energy.gif,DS Oct 2011 babyboy.gif Wife to dh.   homeschool.giftoddler.gif  sleepytime.giffamilybed1.gif

#97 of 210 Old 07-13-2010, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Maybe we should have a contest, and see how many of our own threads have no responses (your own response doesn't count, lol!).

Circ doesn't work! Stop the violence of circumcison. Had another UP/UC/HB in August!
#98 of 210 Old 07-13-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedofbast View Post
That's awesome!

I won't let you kill this thread!!
LOL! Ha, I gotta change my signature line now to Surpreme Thread Killer Commander, ha ha!

Circ doesn't work! Stop the violence of circumcison. Had another UP/UC/HB in August!
#99 of 210 Old 07-14-2010, 10:52 PM

I am not a known thread killer on mothering...but on some other sites and facebook. Yup. 'tis okay. That means I got the last word in!

NEXT?

Got any idea what to do with a 3 year old with endless energy when it hits 115?? Let me know.
#100 of 210 Old 07-17-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotechproximity9 View Post
Do you ever just feel like everyone must have you set to ignore because your posts seem like they're invisible to others
yes.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#101 of 210 Old 07-21-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da-tamsta View Post
I am not a known thread killer on mothering...but on some other sites and facebook. Yup. 'tis okay. That means I got the last word in!

NEXT?
I love how you think! I enjoy getting the last word in, heh heh! Maybe we're thread killers because everyone reads our sagacious comments and are like, 'WOW, they're SO RIGHT! I may as well not even respond because of the brilliance of their comment would shadow anything else I could say!"

#102 of 210 Old 08-10-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
it's like I can respond to a thread and get no response or acknowlegement that I even exist then someone can come along and post almost the same response and they get all kinds of responses! I am glad to know I am not the only one though!
Yeah, I am a threadkiller sometimes but mostly I am the invisible poster. I am becoming more and more of a lurker b/c of it. Glad to know I'm not the only one to feel this way.

btw, jalilah, welcome to the thread!

reading.gifwife to superhero.gifDH, mom to bouncy.gifDS (9/24/09) and heartbeat.gifDS (EDD: 4/24/11)
#103 of 210 Old 08-10-2010, 07:55 PM

I'm definitely an invisable poster. I have been a member since 2004... was quite active until 2 years ago and then lost my computer for awhile (due to it crashing and just not having the resources to get a new or really a need to until this past winter) and have recently become somewhat active again.... but I guess because no one knows me anymore, they don't respond and thus, I am invisable. I posted a serious, urgent question last week and got precisely one answer... kind of bummed me out.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#104 of 210 Old 08-11-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post
I'm definitely an invisable poster. I have been a member since 2004... was quite active until 2 years ago and then lost my computer for awhile (due to it crashing and just not having the resources to get a new or really a need to until this past winter) and have recently become somewhat active again.... but I guess because no one knows me anymore, they don't respond and thus, I am invisable. I posted a serious, urgent question last week and got precisely one answer... kind of bummed me out.
i just posted on the cannabis mamas, been a little while and then saw your post on this thread, i didnt forget about you! go see what I said, its nice to have you back, dont feel like poop

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#105 of 210 Old 08-11-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianhippie View Post
i just posted on the cannabis mamas, been a little while and then saw your post on this thread, i didnt forget about you! go see what I said, its nice to have you back, dont feel like poop
Aw Thanks Mama! I posted on this one before I did on the cannabis one I think, lol... it seems to be getting better though. Maybe I'm too impatient, lol.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#106 of 210 Old 02-02-2011, 04:18 PM

Wow, coming back to find that this thread died. I believe that means that Attached2Elijah gets a cape.
I'm going to give this thread CPR. I killed a number of threads recently so I'm feeling very invisible today. bag.gif Come back thread killer mamas

sleepytime.gif
#107 of 210 Old 02-05-2011, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I seem to feel invisible a lot. Been on Mothering for several years and have been slowly trying to be more active.  But a lot of time I just don.t know what to say. Anyone else got that problem?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 Mommy to my 2 girls
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 and 1 little boy
.  Wifey to my amazing
 husband! 
 Loving my every moment of motherhood! 

Check out my LuLaRoe Page:
#108 of 210 Old 02-08-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2k&k View Post

I seem to feel invisible a lot. Been on Mothering for several years and have been slowly trying to be more active.  But a lot of time I just don.t know what to say. Anyone else got that problem?

Same here.  And there's the always pleasant feeling of being completely ignored.

#109 of 210 Old 02-08-2011, 12:01 PM

It's like I've found my people. (Now if no one replies to you on the thread killer tribe, you know it's not just you).

Quote:

I was off to save the world, but I got distracted by something shiny.
#110 of 210 Old 02-08-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asraidevin View Post

It's like I've found my people. (Now if no one replies to you on the thread killer tribe, you know it's not just you).

Quote:

same here to you both!! winky.gif

#111 of 210 Old 02-08-2011, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

I thought we weren't supposed to have anymore of these "threadkiller" threads?

#112 of 210 Old 02-14-2011, 09:38 AM

I think that should win an awars. Are we afraid to carry on?

I was off to save the world, but I got distracted by something shiny.
#113 of 210 Old 02-16-2011, 11:29 PM

I just wanted to mention that many of you have made posts that have made me nod in agreement, or that have prompted me to respond, but I might not have directly referenced you.  Now that I think about it, it's possible that other people are doing the same with my posts.  I often make really long posts, and I think about what I'm putting in them for a while before I post.  I think those are my problems - the posts are too long for busy mamas to read, and by the time I think out what I want to post everyone else is already finished with the thread.  Also, perhaps, the things I say are considered useless.

I know in other forums the people that feel like thread-killers are often the ones who have really summed up all that can be said about a topic, in my opinion.  They say everything I could think of to say (and better), and so I don't need to respond.  I know at least a few of you on this thread are that same category for me.

I've also wondered if it might be my profile picture . . . I have been told it's disturbing . . . not my intent, but I suppose if that were the consensus it would scare people away.

Anyway, I'm glad this thread exists, it makes me feel better, especially because I can see how wrong you all are to be so insecure!  And if you're all wrong (and I think you are), then I probably am too.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#114 of 210 Old 03-04-2011, 06:30 PM

Hmmm, I remember these days.

Michelle, vegan mama
to my two sweeties, L, 4/21/04
and C, 10/29/06
married to my Bryce
for 20+ years. Hanging out with our rescue pups: Jesse
(15yold) and Moogley
(1 yold)
#115 of 210 Old 04-09-2011, 06:58 PM
esg

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

I'm a thread killer too!

Single mama by choice to sonbabyf.gif 2/2011.
I love showing my little sweetheart (now a busy preschooler!) the world!

#116 of 210 Old 04-09-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal View Post

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet I'm killing this thread as well.

Nah, I'll be the killer.  Or, no one will quote me!  

Btwn:  Glad you posted this OP.  Sometimes I come here and feel like a total alien (even though I've been posting here for four years and have now reached senior member status...awesome!).  Like any other thing in life, however, I think that people make friends and contacts and tend to quote the people and  friends that they are familiar with or who have the same philosophical stand.

I feel so random.  whistling.gif

"Lawyers, I suppose, were children once." Charles Lamb.
#117 of 210 Old 04-09-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hykue View Post

I just wanted to mention that many of you have made posts that have made me nod in agreement, or that have prompted me to respond, but I might not have directly referenced you.  Now that I think about it, it's possible that other people are doing the same with my posts.  I often make really long posts, and I think about what I'm putting in them for a while before I post.  I think those are my problems - the posts are too long for busy mamas to read, and by the time I think out what I want to post everyone else is already finished with the thread.  Also, perhaps, the things I say are considered useless.

I know in other forums the people that feel like thread-killers are often the ones who have really summed up all that can be said about a topic, in my opinion.  They say everything I could think of to say (and better), and so I don't need to respond.  I know at least a few of you on this thread are that same category for me.

I've also wondered if it might be my profile picture . . . I have been told it's disturbing . . . not my intent, but I suppose if that were the consensus it would scare people away.

Anyway, I'm glad this thread exists, it makes me feel better, especially because I can see how wrong you all are to be so insecure!  And if you're all wrong (and I think you are), then I probably am too.

I agree with all of this!  By the way, your profile pic looks very Bacon-like and I can't put my finger on it.  I have a tendency to be long-winded too.  I come here a lot but I don't post with the frequency that others do.  Usually when I post, it is something that I feel passionate about and I go on and on.  I'm sure it either turns people off or they just don't have time.

"Lawyers, I suppose, were children once." Charles Lamb.
#118 of 210 Old 04-10-2011, 09:58 AM
esg

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsCradle View Post

I agree with all of this!  By the way, your profile pic looks very Bacon-like and I can't put my finger on it.  I have a tendency to be long-winded too.  I come here a lot but I don't post with the frequency that others do.  Usually when I post, it is something that I feel passionate about and I go on and on.  I'm sure it either turns people off or they just don't have time.

Yep, same here. I often feel like I should apologize for being too into something or for my writing being so long just in case.

Single mama by choice to sonbabyf.gif 2/2011.
I love showing my little sweetheart (now a busy preschooler!) the world!

#119 of 210 Old 06-06-2011, 05:26 AM

Noooooo! I came to find this thread thinking that it is exactly fitting for me (lol) only to find that it "died" 2 months ago! Let's bring it back!!

winner.jpgbftoddler.gif2ndtri.gif Catholic Mama to Liam, Rowan and one on the way! Wife to an amazing man. familybed1.gif blogging.jpg

#120 of 210 Old 06-13-2011, 12:57 PM

Posted. TK, that's me.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page