The 'unofficial' Unjobbing Tribe - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 253 Old 06-24-2012, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you all joined the unjobbing group? 

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#242 of 253 Old 06-25-2012, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Where/what is that?

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#243 of 253 Old 06-26-2012, 01:51 PM

That blue bar across the top of the webpage that says home, forums, reviews, etc....click on the one that says groups. It will take you to the MDC unjobbing group.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#244 of 253 Old 06-26-2012, 01:55 PM

I just added in the link to the groups page at the bottom of the quote

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher View Post

Hi everyone! 

We have a new feature that allows forum members to create "clubs" of their own that have many of the same benefits of a forum, including multiple threads, a member's list, and group messaging. All tribes are invited to switch from the one-long-thread here in FYT to the new Social Groups. You can read more about it hereLet me know if you have any questions but please post to that thread so I can keep everything in one place. smile.gif

www.mothering.com/community/groups

#245 of 253 Old 06-26-2012, 03:00 PM
esg

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Now that I think about it, I think someone may have mentioned groups before. I never looked it up but I'm about to. Thanks!

Single mama by choice to sonbabyf.gif 2/2011.
I love showing my little sweetheart (now a busy preschooler!) the world!

#246 of 253 Old 06-26-2012, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Groups? Cool!

be good family...

#247 of 253 Old 06-30-2012, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I know this gal that just made the most amazing birthday cake for her daughter, it would have cost about 80 at the store she said. She made four or five practice cakes to get it right. So my idea is someone could make birthday cakes for less than the stores... It's not just cooking but a really cool art form... okay idea over:)

be good family...

#248 of 253 Old 07-01-2012, 03:22 PM
esg

Ive been working on cakes for a little while. It's a bit harder than I thought it would be (and m. fondant is a witch to work with) but yeah you can make quite a bit that way. Some people charge loads for a cake. I wish I had the skill.

#249 of 253 Old 07-01-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamayogibear View Post

I know this gal that just made the most amazing birthday cake for her daughter, it would have cost about 80 at the store she said. She made four or five practice cakes to get it right. So my idea is someone could make birthday cakes for less than the stores... It's not just cooking but a really cool art form... okay idea over:)

I think my sister does that sometimes... although she does actually have a job-job... she's on here too... hakeber, where are you?? love.gif

Moo.

#250 of 253 Old 07-01-2012, 08:43 PM

Also, I am unjobbing like crazy these days... just added credit counseling consults for an investment firm to my repertoire (added to the regular ghost blogging, running people's social media channels - and custom consults for social media, tax preparation, resume writing, etc.). Unjobbing is hard to describe... I sort of have a bunch of little tiny jobs, but I'm my own boss, set my own schedule, and sometimes I do X, and sometimes Y or Z. I don't see it as a permanent lifestyle choice as much as just how I'm getting myself through school without having to put my little guy in daycare until he goes to school. 

Moo.

#251 of 253 Old 07-07-2012, 10:14 AM

Has anyone done virtual assistant work? I just found this site that you can apply online with. Work 2-3 hrs/day 5 days/week from home w/a salary and benefits?! http://ctiny.com/jobs

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#252 of 253 Old 07-08-2012, 11:54 PM

Just got invited to do surveys by PineCone Research. According to this site, they're one of the best... Anyone have experience? I used to belong to a couple different ones years ago, but the payouts were so low I got tired of doing it.

http://www.surveypolice.com/pinecone-research

#253 of 253 Old 07-12-2012, 03:43 PM
esg

I think Pincone is one that I'm either with or was with. I'm with a few and can't remember at the moment. I've been telling myself to keep with the surveys but haven't been doing as good a job. I've yet to reach payout level due to that but I'm for anything that brings in any extra. Have you tried swagbucks? You can get points easily with it and I sometimes use it for paypal cards. If you're interested here's a referral link.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page