Summer Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 319 Old 09-13-2010, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi guys... so I just got my BFP (I'm 4 weeks and change).

We had already booked our trip to AMS - it was a little bit of reverse psychology frankly, cause the TTC business was stressing us out.

So... I'm headed there for a long weekend with DH in about 1.5 weeks.

I'm off MJ for now (brave day one... just got my BFP on Friday.) I noticed when I had a little (like a one hitter) over the weekend I could really feel short of breath for quite a few hours afterwards. Not really short of breath, but just not normal.

So... I dunno. I'm sort of on the fence. I will probably have a nibble of a space cake while I'm there. Maybe a few nibbles far apart. I haven't hit any nausea yet.

It's just funny, really. I was sure there was no way I was going to be preg at the date of the trip cause the TTC stuff seemed to be on hold but low and behold... BFP!

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 319 Old 09-13-2010, 08:44 PM
~D~

We are in a medical use state also and I'm hearing some good things, so I'm considering getting a card too... We have a grow shop in town so things are coming along I picked up a free copy of an MMJ newspaper and there was this story about a guy who got 'raided' - but he was all legal with paperwork and permits and everything, and the cops just asked some questions, took some photos of the grow then left. it's about time.

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#273 of 319 Old 09-13-2010, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

hey mamas! sorry, sorry I havent been around, i started college and am keeping my part-time job, spare time is spent sleeping and looking after my son, and toking! lol

congrats on your pregnancy annaconda! thats wonderful

i liked reading all about amsterdam, I saw a friend a few weeks ago back from university in france and she said weed in amsterdam is very expensive and hopes it doesnt become legal in canada for that reason, I thought that was interesting.

anyways, hoping mj will help me with my essays and studies

talk to you soon, miss you all
canadian hippie

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#274 of 319 Old 09-14-2010, 10:46 AM

Hello ladies! I have a friend who just found out that there is no way she will have biological children. Her concern now is that her DH has a conviction for simple possession and she is afraid that will keep them from adopting. Does anyone know the answer?
#275 of 319 Old 09-14-2010, 02:03 PM

Anna - , congrats!
canadianhippie - what are you in school for? Good to hear from you.

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#276 of 319 Old 09-14-2010, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

im not sure about that earthmamatobe

im enrolled as a first year student in early childhood education for my degree, then to teachers college, then highschool aboriginal education

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#277 of 319 Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 AM

Yeah, neither of us seems to be able to find the answer so I hoped maybe someone here knew the answer.
#278 of 319 Old 09-16-2010, 06:06 PM
~D~

In some states (like here in MI) it's possible to have certain convictions expunged, that may be an option for you.

hope all are having a great end of summer, looking forward to fall & harvest time!

#279 of 319 Old 09-16-2010, 06:10 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianhippie View Post
hey mamas! sorry, sorry I havent been around, i started college and am keeping my part-time job, spare time is spent sleeping and looking after my son, and toking! lol

i liked reading all about amsterdam, I saw a friend a few weeks ago back from university in france and she said weed in amsterdam is very expensive and hopes it doesnt become legal in canada for that reason, I thought that was interesting.

canadian hippie
same here mama i am totally having MDC withdrawls... i get the sub in my email every day but it's not the same

but i do find that too much mj makes me lazy-minded and prone to surfing instead of researching like I should. I save it for after, but if you have any helpful hints on how to smoke and focus at the SAME time, that would be great!

#280 of 319 Old 09-16-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Hey mamas! I'll put a resource sticky together, I've been working alot and been active with baby so I haven't been researching but I will work on it tonight, I'll respond more soon
thanks, mamas!

ilse, happy mama to Emma and Max
:

#281 of 319 Old 09-18-2010, 11:56 PM

Back after being gone forever. I am so so glad that this thread still exists.

Have since moved from a very "unfriendly" area to a super friendly town. It's literally everywhere.

Wanted to pop in and say hey again. Hopefully I will be able to stop in more frequently these days.

Samantha, Student, wife to my best friend (1.30.09) Mama to three beautiful daughters and and a handsome little son
#282 of 319 Old 09-18-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
...Jealous, but happy for you!!
Agreed.

Samantha, Student, wife to my best friend (1.30.09) Mama to three beautiful daughters and and a handsome little son
#283 of 319 Old 09-19-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:

canadian hippie
Edited for privacy concerns. Questions; PM. Ug! Still subbed.

#284 of 319 Old 09-20-2010, 10:47 AM

Glad to have you, Samantha

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#285 of 319 Old 09-20-2010, 10:53 AM

Hey Samantha- We will be in Bloomington next month to see Keller Williams at the Blue Bird! What a fun town!!

Mom to 3 Married to geek.gif for 10 wonderful years luxlove.gif
13 af.gif 9 goodvibes.gifand 6coolshine.gif

#286 of 319 Old 09-21-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfRainMama View Post
Hey Samantha- We will be in Bloomington next month to see Keller Williams at the Blue Bird! What a fun town!!
Fun indeed! How long are you going to be in town?

#287 of 319 Old 09-21-2010, 09:34 AM

We are just staying the one night. Leaving early friday. It's a 5+ hour drive and we gotta be home when the kids get home from school at 3:00pm. We are squeezing this little trip in for Keller. We're addicted!

We also have good friends just outside of Bloomington. She works at IU and he is a student at IU That must be where you go?

Mom to 3 Married to geek.gif for 10 wonderful years luxlove.gif
13 af.gif 9 goodvibes.gifand 6coolshine.gif

#288 of 319 Old 09-22-2010, 12:14 PM

Well have fun! I haven't heard Keller Williams. It rings a bell though.

I am not at IU yet. Taking as many classes at the local community college before I transfer (they have good transfer agreements, thankfully). It is much cheaper. My dear friend works in the admissions office at IU and strongly advised it. I am excited to get to IU though. I love it.

#289 of 319 Old 09-23-2010, 12:26 AM

Keller is AWESOME! See him any time you can. I still think he was best as a one-man-band, though.

Free streaming songs on his website: http://www.kellerwilliams.net/

K: high school teacher and mama to DS1 (7/07), loss (10/10) and DS2 (7/12). Married to my best friend and soon to be elementary school teacher!
#290 of 319 Old 09-23-2010, 02:45 PM

Hi everybody! I have a question about using MJ for morning sickness. I just found out I'm preggo but I get really really sick when I am. Last time I lost 17 pounds in about 2 weeks because I couldn't keep anything down. I finally went on zofran but honestly I'm concerned about prescriptions and the chemicals in them, especially when I'm pregnant. I'd just deal with it except I have two kids and I need to be able to take care of them. So I guess that brings me to the real question. If I was using mj for my morning sickness, would it be possible to use only a very small amount to knock out the nausea but not get high? Or at least not really high? I've used a little in the past and enjoyed it, but not enough to really know what I'm doing. KWIM? When I've done it before I was just looking to get high, so I wasn't concerned with noticing too much about what was going on except "am i high yet? nope? pass it again!" lol. Anyway, any info you can give me would help.

Oh, yeah. I was thinking of getting a cheapo vaporizer off of ebay if i decide to go for it. I've never vaped before though so I don't really have any idea what I'm looking at. Any advice there?
#291 of 319 Old 09-23-2010, 02:46 PM

Forgot to subscribe
#292 of 319 Old 09-23-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola~mama View Post
Forgot to subscribe
Just so you know, you can sub to any thread w/o posting by going to the top right of it where the options are

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola~mama View Post
Hi everybody! I have a question about using MJ for morning sickness. I just found out I'm preggo but I get really really sick when I am. Last time I lost 17 pounds in about 2 weeks because I couldn't keep anything down. I finally went on zofran but honestly I'm concerned about prescriptions and the chemicals in them, especially when I'm pregnant. I'd just deal with it except I have two kids and I need to be able to take care of them. So I guess that brings me to the real question. If I was using mj for my morning sickness, would it be possible to use only a very small amount to knock out the nausea but not get high? Or at least not really high? I've used a little in the past and enjoyed it, but not enough to really know what I'm doing. KWIM? When I've done it before I was just looking to get high, so I wasn't concerned with noticing too much about what was going on except "am i high yet? nope? pass it again!" lol. Anyway, any info you can give me would help.

Oh, yeah. I was thinking of getting a cheapo vaporizer off of ebay if i decide to go for it. I've never vaped before though so I don't really have any idea what I'm looking at. Any advice there?
Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to MDC and this fabulous tribe! mj certainly helped me w/morning sickness, but I like to get high, too I suggest trying it, just smoke a very small amt and do that till you feel better. Maybe try the first time after kids are in bed for the night so if you do get high (you prob will before you feel better, but depends on the weed) you don't have to worry about them.
As for vaps, I highly recommend them, but not any specific ones. I just went to the head shop and bought the cheapest. It stopped working a few months later and had to go buy a more expensive one
Let us know how it goes!

#293 of 319 Old 09-25-2010, 03:57 PM

hey ya'll! WOW and

ok enough smilies.... We were cleaning up our garage and I found some old storage jars of mine. I have been dry for at least a year due to not knowing who to call... the last guy sold me the crap off the internet that looks like cannabis and had sprayed it with the scent...thats my guess anyway, it smelled chemically and had no buzz to it.... so anyway, I find these jars from back when I got stuff with names like blueberry and AK-47. There were crystals and hairs and dust in the bottom edges. I used a knife and scraped the bottoms. I got one hit. It made me cough. I had forgotten the beauty and wonder! I felt like that song, "Hallelujah, hallelujah, etc.".....

When I came back in, the 7 yo was still singing and screaming and being loud in the bath (her dad was inside of course), but IT DIDN"T ANNOY ME! The shift in my perception had her go from annoying to being my entertainment. I watched her and her sister play for at least an hour, everything they did was so special and wonderful, I even filmed them for awhile... then we all went to our rooms to sleep and
I contemplated the beauty of the circular universe and my place in it. How everything has a reason, hard to say all I thought of course, LOL... but I was watching an episode of "The Universe" (on my pocketdish as the baby watched a video about numbers )and it was about energy. We are all energy, everything around us is energy. It comes from the Big Bang, via the sun.... energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Everything made sense. I understood the universe. I loved the universe. I loved everything. I forgot how cannabis opened the mind to spiritual/physics concepts. I was a better mom. I was patient and understanding. I could understand why she was doing things the way she was instead of being annoyed. I miss cannabis. The memory of the wonderfulness is still here and I just don't know what to do to find some. Just had to write how wonderful it was.

To begin to save the world, we must first nurture the children. Read "The Continuum Concept: In Search of Happiness Lost"    saynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactlact.gifMe-hippie.gifreading.gifhelp.gif10.5 yo dd1- nut.gifreading.gifblahblah.gif ; 5 yo dd2- angel.gifhearts.gifbouncy.gif
#294 of 319 Old 09-26-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovnMama View Post
Keller is AWESOME! See him any time you can. I still think he was best as a one-man-band, though.

Free streaming songs on his website: http://www.kellerwilliams.net/
I just might see you there I love live music. Thanks for the link and refreshing my memory. I remember now. . .I like his stuff.

Need to go look at the calendar.

#295 of 319 Old 09-27-2010, 11:15 AM

Hi nola~mama!

I have been vaporizing for morning sickness. And yes, it has really really helped. I can finally eat again (woot!)

Couple of recommendations, if you want them. The most well known brand is Volcano. They are pricey, but they're the top of the line. However, if you don't want to drop 400+ dollars, there are plenty of other great options for you out there. We bought a "hot box" style vaporizer and they are awesome. They take up less space than a volcano, and you don't have to fuss with the plastic bag (which I'm not a big fan of). Our brand is http://www.vaporbrothers.com/, though plenty of companies make the hot box style. They are loads cheaper than a Volcano, and will last you quite a while. We bought ours two years ago and it still works great.

Plus...hot box style vaps usually come with a glass bulb you can put on the heating element and place essential oils in. That way, when you aren't using it as a vaporizer, you can fill it with lemon or lavender and it will fill the room with that scent. That often helps me when I'm feeling queasy too.

If you go with a vap, I also recommend investing in a grinder. They range anywhere from like 10 bucks to 30. If you put straight up bud in there, it won't vaporize evenly. Also, you might have to turn up the heat too high to get anything, at which point you'll be getting smoke and not vapor, defeating the purpose of using a vap.

Any questions, PM me! Good luck mama!

"The Mothers are the brave ones." - Call the Midwife

#296 of 319 Old 09-27-2010, 11:18 AM

Oh! Forgot to mention-

nola mama, you said your post you didn't really want to get high. In my experience (dunno if it's the same for everyone), vaporizers, while gentler in terms of taking in THC, pack a more powerful bunch than inhaling off a bong or bowl.

So if you take a few puffs off a bowl usually, I would plan to take just one "pull" off the vap and then let that sit with you for a bit before taking in anymore. You'll eventually figure out what's right for your system.

"The Mothers are the brave ones." - Call the Midwife

#297 of 319 Old 09-27-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partaria View Post
Oh! Forgot to mention-

nola mama, you said your post you didn't really want to get high. In my experience (dunno if it's the same for everyone), vaporizers, while gentler in terms of taking in THC, pack a more powerful bunch than inhaling off a bong or bowl.

So if you take a few puffs off a bowl usually, I would plan to take just one "pull" off the vap and then let that sit with you for a bit before taking in anymore. You'll eventually figure out what's right for your system.
Wow, I find it to be just the opposite-- I get much higher smoking than vaping, and much more quickly. In fact, the harsher the hit the higher I get. The only exception to this is eating resin-- it takes longer, but I get much higher and I stay higher longer than if I smoke.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#298 of 319 Old 09-27-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzywan View Post
All I can say is that this stuff is saving my life right now and I am so, so grateful
Me too... Namaste!

attached2elijah: Socially anxious parents here too... although, does it count if we are at home most of the time but we still get all the symptoms... maybe it's just that I'm getting too old to entertain a lively, curious, active and intense 4 yr old!!

I also realized from reading earlier posts that I need to drink way more H2O than I currently do... never have actually fainted but have come close to that feeling...

Last but not least, a friend who moved out of town left me her vaporizer to sell and I'm considering paying her little by little for it but it looks way too intimidating and it's sure harder to conceal the fact that I smoke with a huge thing like that around. I don't even know where to begin.

My question to all of you who vaporize, is it trully better than smoking? Is it easier to hide the smoke? Until I sell it I may try it, if I can get my hang around it.

Much love to all of you!!

:::
#299 of 319 Old 09-27-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karika View Post
I contemplated the beauty of the circular universe and my place in it. How everything has a reason, hard to say all I thought of course, LOL... but I was watching an episode of "The Universe" (on my pocketdish as the baby watched a video about numbers )and it was about energy. We are all energy, everything around us is energy. It comes from the Big Bang, via the sun.... energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Everything made sense. I understood the universe. I loved the universe. I loved everything. I forgot how cannabis opened the mind to spiritual/physics concepts. I was a better mom. I was patient and understanding. I could understand why she was doing things the way she was instead of being annoyed. I miss cannabis. The memory of the wonderfulness is still here and I just don't know what to do to find some. Just had to write how wonderful it was.
That was beautifully said.
I concur!!

:::
#300 of 319 Old 09-28-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Wow, I find it to be just the opposite-- I get much higher smoking than vaping, and much more quickly. In fact, the harsher the hit the higher I get.
ditto here... anybody in eastern wa? pm me?

To begin to save the world, we must first nurture the children. Read "The Continuum Concept: In Search of Happiness Lost"    saynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactlact.gifMe-hippie.gifreading.gifhelp.gif10.5 yo dd1- nut.gifreading.gifblahblah.gif ; 5 yo dd2- angel.gifhearts.gifbouncy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page