Mothering Forum banner

Summer Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers

22K views 318 replies 59 participants last post by  Partaria 
#1 ·
Welcome to Summer Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers

Our Standing Message:
Our purpose is to Support, Educate & Share information regarding the Many Common & UnCommon Uses and Abuses of Cannabis/Marijuana.

We speak about News Currents, Media, "Medical" Marijuana, State Legislation, Parenting, Breastfeeding, Legal Issues, Spirituality, Plant Uses and Preparations, Opinion, Fact and Truth.

We promote the use of this wonderful Medicinal Plant for Appetite Stimulant, Spiritual Centering, Treating the symptoms of Morning Sickness, Chronic pain, Glaucoma and possibly Curing/Reversing Cancer, AIDS etc... Countless Citizens find this plant medically useful and less harmful than disease causing prescription and over the counter DRUGS.

We are also discussing Hemp another misunderstood plant & seed, which has many wonderful non-medicinal uses < Fiber, Fuel, Plastics, Nutritional Value etc...> This is also illegal to cultivate in much of the U.S.
Also the subjects of spending less money on the "WAR" against Marijuana.
Many governments attempt to mis-inform and discourage Right Education and Safe Access to Marijuana. We Say... Use all things in harmony with yourself and others.

As this is a public forum and may be viewed by anyone with internet access, please be mindful what you post on this topic. Everyone has different comfort levels and we don't want to discourage anyone from joining us.

Welcome to our forum, newcomers, and enjoy!

Resource List under construction, PM me for suggestions

Cannabis and Pregnancy

Common Treatments for Hyperemesis Gravidarum

Use of Marijuana During Pregnancy

Women and Cannabis

Women and Cannabis google books

Dr. Melanie Dreher, reefer reseacher

Cannabis and Children

Is Marijuana a Valuable Treatment for Autism?

Cannabis Reduces Infant Mortality

Mother Explains Why She Gives Pot to her 9 Year Old Autistic Son

Cannabis Legality

The NORML State Guide to Marijuana Laws

Drug War Facts

Drug Policy Alliance

Clinical Studies and Medical Marijuana

International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines

How Cannabis Works on the Brain

Medical Marijuana News and Information

Women's Alliance for Medical Marijuana

ProCon, non-profit public charity

American Medical Marijuana Association

Marijuana Policy Project

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies

American Civil Liberties Union

Canadian Links

Why Prohibition

Cannabis Culture Magazine

See less See more
#28 ·
Really there probably shouldn't be any burned or mj smell when vaping since it doesn't burn it in the sense that smoking it does. That's why i use it--no second hand smoke for ppl around either and normally there's no smell. I do blow something out but i don't know if that's considered vapors or what. There're supposed to be smokeless. I don't think you can tell on the breath, I can't on DH, but hate how he smells after smoking from a pipe.

#29 ·
love those words together, makes me think of fresh herbs and flowers...

I log on here every few months and love love LOVE that you ladies are still around. Much love to all!http://www.mothering.com/discussions...milies/joy.gif

The Magic Herb... Helps to alleviate stress and reduce anxiety. Helps me to focus on the task at hand, helps me be a better mother, sister, daughter... It's underrated and unjustly illegal.

We need to join the social movement towards legalization, beginning with its medical benefits and extending out to the meditative qualities it contains. It is in fact, this plant that could unify us because regardless of color, political beliefs or nationalities, it's pretty much accepted as being a much milder effect than what the government makes it out to be.

Federal Govt has it categorized as a Schedule I drug, which defines it as a drug "with no accepted medical value in treatment" (along with heroin).... really???

Continuing a ban on marijuana is oppressive to women. We know how much more effective than Motrin it is during PMS. There is no better medicine than marijuana during a case of severe morning sickness...

It is oppressive to lower working class citizens when it is proven to be effective against depression. It is a plant we can grow in our backyards and save money. It is clearly better for mental clarity than the other legal stuff like alcohol and nicotine...

But let me stop ranting.... sorry!

I can't roll a joint for the life of me. I have a pipe but it serves me fine... although I would rather be suing a vaporizer but I can't afford one yet. Are there any for less than $75?

I am seriously interested in living in a State that has decriminalized mj, so if this sunny state don't do something to decriminalize it soon, I will have to consider other options. Asheville sounds wonderful, I didn't realize it was decriminalized in N.C.!

Anyway, have a wonderful summer mommas!

#30 ·
i just talked to my best friend yesterday and she's having such a hard time. she's been really sick for over a year, found out she has some kind of stomach disorder (don't know what it's called because i didn't want to pull info that she didn't want to discuss- i know it's genetic). but most of her problems started to surface after she stopped smoking mj about 2 years ago, she was fine up until that point.
her hubby is in the navy and cannot have anything illegal in the house and if she or he is caught it can mean some major problems. she's going to do everything without her husband knowing and if she starts to feel better, she's going to let him know she's been medicating with mj. she wants to go back to smoking because she really thinks it will help her medicate, she doesn't like all the perceptions she's on and has been experiencing some side effect. i'm working with DH's friend to get her some mj because she can't risk asking around. this has been just a crazy week trying to get a deal for her, they both live on the other side of the country in 2 different states and it's just a ridicules situation because of paranoia on her part.

the only plus side is that they may end up getting transferred to san diego within the next year and she can get a card. only question here is, any one a military with a med card? if so, what possible problems can this cause? any one a military family that did not get a med card but is in a state that provides them because of military status? any thoughts?

#31 ·
Wow, that's terrible...my thoughts and prayers go out to your friend

Keep us updated on how it works out...too bad you don't live close to her so she can just come to your place to smoke, huh

That's just another reason it should be legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by maminatural View Post
Federal Govt has it categorized as a Schedule I drug, which defines it as a drug "with no accepted medical value in treatment" (along with heroin).... really???
Never mind that heroin, cocaine, and methamphetamine all have valid and known medical value and are occasionally even used as such despite their (just as valid and just as known) drawbacks. Marijuana has LOADS of known and largely accepted value as a medicine and none of the drawbacks of the alternatives (e.g. antiemetics, antiinflammatories, antipsychotics, antidepressants, etc).

#34 ·
I can imagine it being quite difficult having a mj lifestyle in a military family, the risk is that much greater. mama2rio, how is the husbands stance on mj,although its risky for him, is he willing to risk it to help his wife? I wouldnt keep it a secret though, those things tend to blow up.

maminnatural, i found it hard to find a vap for less than $75, i checked craigslist and kijiji and no luck. I think id try to look for a used volcano

I thought I would share my favourite place/ activity to go/do with my herb, then we could all share.

I love, love going for a nature walk and smoking a spliff. I love being outside and hearing the birds and feeling the sunshine and breeze, notice its soooo much more special and enjoyable after or during a J? I like to go for a walk, babe falls asleep then we venture down a walking trail surrounded by meadows and forests. No traffic sounds or other people, just me and baby out on a walk. I feel so peaceful and truly happy inside. It seems to all intune itself and i feel so lovely and natural, enjoying a herb and being out in nature, its like thats exactly how life is supposed to be.

#35 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianhippie View Post
I can imagine it being quite difficult having a mj lifestyle in a military family, the risk is that much greater. mama2rio, how is the husbands stance on mj,although its risky for him, is he willing to risk it to help his wife? I wouldnt keep it a secret though, those things tend to blow up.
i really feel bad for her situation. i don't really know her hubby. we went to college together and then moved far away from each other, but still really good friends. i asked her his stance on things. she says she doesn't even think he's ever even tried mj, but isn't one of those "drugs are bad" type people, i guess he's a to each their own kind of stance. she just wants to see if smoking is going to make her any better, and if it does, then she'll tell. . i will update as situation continues for her. i just hope for some kind of recovery without meds that make her feel aches and so fourth to begin with. the whole situation just right out sucks and, well, no use preaching this here.

#36 ·
Love seeing this thread pop up on the front page when you log in! We are a cannabis loving mom and pop on Vancouver Island and I just wanted to say hello!
So happy to see a discussion board like this one. My husband is a medical user and an activist in the Vancouver/Vancouver Island area. He is a lawyer who helps med patients who are getting screwed around by Health Canada and the cops. I am so proud of all the work he does.
Happy Summer Cannabis!

#37 ·
aww good to have ya vanislandmama, good for you and your husband, thank you for helping us all out. I like that, Happy Summer Cannabis, tis the season.

Mama2rio, preach away! Im sure there may not be alot of other mama's you can have this discussion with. Hopefully the mj can help her naturally and it can be done comfortably and discreetly in the home. but let us know.

Sooo, i enjoy seeing the thread on the front page too, Im so happy the thread took off and conversations are buzzing, not bad for a new member
lol I liked to lurk through the mdc forums and was sooo happy to see a cannabis mamas thread. I hope im being a good host and everyone feels responded to and involved.

Would anyone else like to share their favourite place/ activity to have mary jane tag along to?

#38 ·
Quote:

I love, love going for a nature walk and smoking a spliff. I love being outside and hearing the birds and feeling the sunshine and breeze, notice its soooo much more special and enjoyable after or during a J? I like to go for a walk, babe falls asleep then we venture down a walking trail surrounded by meadows and forests. No traffic sounds or other people, just me and baby out on a walk. I feel so peaceful and truly happy inside. It seems to all intune itself and i feel so lovely and natural, enjoying a herb and being out in nature, its like thats exactly how life is supposed to be.

Heres a pic of babe out today on one of these nature walks, strolling along the trail beside the meadow.

#39 ·
Quote:

Heres a pic of babe out today on one of these nature walks, strolling along the trail beside the meadow.
Look at that beautiful baby!!!
I think there is no better place to enjoy the wonderful herb that mama earth herself gave to us. Thank you so much for sharing with us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanislandmama View Post
Love seeing this thread pop up on the front page when you log in! We are a cannabis loving mom and pop on Vancouver Island and I just wanted to say hello!
So happy to see a discussion board like this one. My husband is a medical user and an activist in the Vancouver/Vancouver Island area. He is a lawyer who helps med patients who are getting screwed around by Health Canada and the cops. I am so proud of all the work he does.
Happy Summer Cannabis!
vanislandmama, we are thrilled to have you join us!
Your DH is doing great work, you should be proud! I haven't kept up on the Marc Emery news for a couple of weeks, do you know what's been going on? I was hearing lots of things on FB but not recently, just wondered if you knew...

#40 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
Really there probably shouldn't be any burned or mj smell when vaping since it doesn't burn it in the sense that smoking it does. That's why i use it--no second hand smoke for ppl around either and normally there's no smell. I do blow something out but i don't know if that's considered vapors or what. There're supposed to be smokeless. I don't think you can tell on the breath, I can't on DH, but hate how he smells after smoking from a pipe.
I just wanted to comment on this real quick, DH complained a lot about my smoking even when I confined myself to the bathroom with the fan on
BUT, I was ever so blessed to be gifted with a vape recently,
and he still says he can smell it. Now I think that to a point, he's right, because even though the herb doesn't 'burn', it does get heated up. We disagree on how much it smells and what it smells like
but I can tell you this - it's not as hard to 'clear' the air when I vape, and probably if I turned it down a bit it wouldn't smell so much. But he's just too damn picky, IMO
And no, there's no stinky smell on your clothes or breath, so that's a good thing. Just my

#41 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post
I just wanted to comment on this real quick, DH complained a lot about my smoking even when I confined myself to the bathroom with the fan on
BUT, I was ever so blessed to be gifted with a vape recently,
and he still says he can smell it. Now I think that to a point, he's right, because even though the herb doesn't 'burn', it does get heated up. We disagree on how much it smells and what it smells like
but I can tell you this - it's not as hard to 'clear' the air when I vape, and probably if I turned it down a bit it wouldn't smell so much. But he's just too damn picky, IMO
And no, there's no stinky smell on your clothes or breath, so that's a good thing. Just my

What do you keep your temp on? I'm curious bc i think i'm still finding the right one. Yeah, I do agree there is some funky smell going on--almost smells like the rubber tube on mine mixed in w/the weed, but I guess i never notice since i'm the one using it

#42 ·
I start out at around 250-300. I asked about this on the last thread and a PP said they vaped at 340. I've tried that, too. I really think it depends on the condition and type of herb you're vaping. I'm still playing around to find the best temp too. I even tried sprinkling the buds a bit if they seem dry, that's nice, kinda misty
I think the best thing is to start out as low as possible then slowly ramp it up as you go along, or at a higher temp if you re-vape. WDYT?

#43 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind welcome!
~D~my DH works very closely with Marc and Jody. He went down to Seattle last week to visit Marc in jail after he was released from solitary confinement. The lawyers are trying to get Marc out of Seattle and back up to Canada so that he can serve his time here instead of there. There is a big movement to get him out of jail, people from Cannabis Culture and the whyprohibition organization are working hard to keep this in the news so people don't forget about Marc and the harms of prohibition.
My favorite place to bring my flower is to the beach. Letting the kiddies play and chilling back with my man!

#44 ·
I am really hoping that a steady, reliable source shows up for me soon.
Weekends home alone with no herb and nowhere to go are just dead boring, and cleaning without herb very quickly bores me silly.
Thank goodness for Netflix, right?

#45 ·
Hello friends. I have been indulging for 10 years or so, but am currently abstaining as I am pregnant with my 1st, and I just feel more comfortable limiting the substances I take in now. Sigh, I miss it so.

I prefer to eat or vape it myself. I would like to be more of a MJ activist, but, I am the sole income earner for my household, so I usually prefer to stay on the down low. But I am so happy to see this community!

#46 ·
Hey greenmulberry, welcome to the tribe! Congratulations on your baby bun in the oven.

Eilonwy, I know exactly what you mean! Whether you have tons to do or nothing to do, a little herb can give you motivation to do something that will keep you happy.

Vanislandmama, wow, I use the CC websites to keep up to date on mj news, thats cool to know your dh is working with the couple. I had no idea he was kept in solitary confinement. Going to the beach with your family sounds like a lovely activity to enjoy with herbs.

aww all this talk about vaps makes me envious, I have never used one but it seems to have sooo many pro's, sounds like a good time

sorry your DH is so sensitive to the smell D, my mom is nick-named the nose because she can smell smoke from a mile away. I guess you can pull the vap outside instead. If Im going to be around other people after I smoke, I either change my clothes, wash my hands, use visine, a spritz of perfume or go on a very long walk before I meet up so the air blows any trace of smell away.

#47 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama2Rio View Post
only question here is, any one a military with a med card? if so, what possible problems can this cause? any one a military family that did not get a med card but is in a state that provides them because of military status? any thoughts?
My DH is active Air Force, I was as well until 2007. I looked into getting a card when we were in CA due to pain from injuries that happened while I was on active duty. I was not able to go ahead with the card because we lived on the military base and therefore I could not have mj on my person, in the house, car, etc. - even with the card. DoD regulations trumped state law on that. However if we had lived off the base then it would not have been an issue since I was not under any military restriction as a civilian, at least that's how I understood it. It "shouldn't have" had any impact on my DH's career but then again those who have been around or are around the military know how things get around. I dropped the whole idea because there seemed to be so many barriers.

I feel for your friend and hope that she is able to get some relief in her situation!

#48 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post
I start out at around 250-300. I asked about this on the last thread and a PP said they vaped at 340. I've tried that, too. I really think it depends on the condition and type of herb you're vaping. I'm still playing around to find the best temp too. I even tried sprinkling the buds a bit if they seem dry, that's nice, kinda misty
I think the best thing is to start out as low as possible then slowly ramp it up as you go along, or at a higher temp if you re-vape. WDYT?
Maybe that was me that said 340? Since we talked about it on the last thread I've been experimenting at lower temps, but have just gotten to 316. I just feel like if I don't "see" it then I'm not getting anything, YKWIM? I'll have to try lower, though, I'm sure that's better for it...

#50 ·
Quote:

aww all this talk about vaps makes me envious, I have never used one but it seems to have sooo many pro's, sounds like a good time
I tried it once and I wasn't particularly impressed.
I talked to the fellow who owned it and he said that he felt the vape was best for schwag; He said that it took away the distinctive characteristics of higher-grade mj that made it special. If he has decent stuff, he prefers to use a glass piece and if it's cheaper he'll vaporize it.

Quote:
If Im going to be around other people after I smoke, I either change my clothes, wash my hands, use visine, a spritz of perfume or go on a very long walk before I meet up so the air blows any trace of smell away.
I've never had anyone call me on smell after smoking except for once, but I usually light incense beforehand. My ex says that the smell of the incense is a dead giveaway and my mother has said that I smell like a hippy.
(That's okay-- I spent most of high school smelling like a hippy, even though I didn't smoke back then at all.
) Eye drops help a LOT.
I'm exceptionally functional and "normal" when I'm high, just very relaxed, so if I have eye drops I look perfectly reasonable to everyone else.

#51 ·
Sorry for all the multi-quotes, everyone, I have a hard time keeping track of all the posts I want to reply to otherwise.
And since there's so much great discussion, I can't stay away!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanislandmama View Post
Thanks everyone for the kind welcome!
~D~my DH works very closely with Marc and Jody. He went down to Seattle last week to visit Marc in jail after he was released from solitary confinement. The lawyers are trying to get Marc out of Seattle and back up to Canada so that he can serve his time here instead of there. There is a big movement to get him out of jail, people from Cannabis Culture and the whyprohibition organization are working hard to keep this in the news so people don't forget about Marc and the harms of prohibition.
My favorite place to bring my flower is to the beach. Letting the kiddies play and chilling back with my man!
That's awesome! Maybe we could find a way for all of us in this tribe to send a message of support? WDYT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I am really hoping that a steady, reliable source shows up for me soon.
Weekends home alone with no herb and nowhere to go are just dead boring, and cleaning without herb very quickly bores me silly.
Thank goodness for Netflix, right?

When I lived out in the country, I could turn my stereo up with some great tunes to help motivate a cleaning session. Now that I live in an apt. complex, it's not the same.
Have you considered being your own source for herb? I most definitely have, and I will be starting some plants as soon as we move outta here

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenmulberry View Post
Hello friends. I have been indulging for 10 years or so, but am currently abstaining as I am pregnant with my 1st, and I just feel more comfortable limiting the substances I take in now. Sigh, I miss it so.
I prefer to eat or vape it myself. I would like to be more of a MJ activist, but, I am the sole income earner for my household, so I usually prefer to stay on the down low. But I am so happy to see this community!
Welcome to our tribe! We are so glad you're here!

Quote:

aww all this talk about vaps makes me envious, I have never used one but it seems to have sooo many pro's, sounds like a good time. sorry your DH is so sensitive to the smell D, my mom is nick-named the nose because she can smell smoke from a mile away. I guess you can pull the vap outside instead. If Im going to be around other people after I smoke, I either change my clothes, wash my hands, use visine, a spritz of perfume or go on a very long walk before I meet up so the air blows any trace of smell away.
You'll love it! I love mine! I would use it outside, except I live in an apt. complex
My eyes get sooo red and dry! It's uncomfortable, so I keep Visine handy, too. I just think it's sad that we have to go to all these lengths to 'hide' from others!

Quote:

Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
Maybe that was me that said 340? Since we talked about it on the last thread I've been experimenting at lower temps, but have just gotten to 316. I just feel like if I don't "see" it then I'm not getting anything, YKWIM? I'll have to try lower, though, I'm sure that's better for it...
I do
That's funny, I always feel like it's a science experiment or something, looking for the vapors to collect in the whip

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenmulberry View Post
I think the lower temps really are better. You just have to have faith you are getting something! Take a few vapes on a low temp, then take a break and see how you feel in a half hour, I bet you will be surprised!

So what do you set yours at? I've read on other discussion boards that herb vaporizes at 180 or something?? I can't remember... It was a thread about making Green Dragon, and ppl were debating about heating the herb first...

Quote:

Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I tried it once and I wasn't particularly impressed.
I talked to the fellow who owned it and he said that he felt the vape was best for schwag; He said that it took away the distinctive characteristics of higher-grade mj that made it special. If he has decent stuff, he prefers to use a glass piece and if it's cheaper he'll vaporize it.
Interesting, would have thought the opposite was true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.