Summer Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh my, i better peep my two-bits in here before I loose track! oh no, i missed the parts that had to be removed, thats not good, love love love.

I was wondering moderators...perhaps mdc has a statement on our thread? I assume because marijuana being a natural plant and herb follows suit with natural family living it is allowed to be discussed on the site, is there a opinion or limitations that we should all know about? I just dont want to cross any lines, I'd appreciate it

Musiciandad, coming from your go jays go in your member thing, your from TO, i do find people up here dont care to much about weed.

I have to be honest, I know barely anything about cooking and baking with mj, to my understanding you need a little more on hand, and that doesnt happen often lol Im worried ill mess it up, or it will just be for "taste" and no effect, and then thats a waste of money.

I feel, and I have thought about this alot actually, if I found out if my babe was smoking pot when he was a teenager, I wouldnt feel it was the end of the world, I am still a little undecided to be honest. Yes, I would much much rather him being toking than getting drunk. I think Id be concerned about where hes getting it, who hes smoking it with and how its affecting his life. I would never smoke with him, I just cant-- I thought maybe when hes a father of his own, its like eh, alright.

Ahh, i knew the whole, so...where and how do we all smoke would come up! I have, with other people and supervison around lit up when babe was awake, outside of course, Ill be honest. But never on my own, I do feel guilty. So maybe once a day, around 12-1pm, I am out on my daily walk and if he does dozes off, Im prepared with my herbs. I know some people would flip out! if they knew i was high around the baby, I think thats the only reason i feel guilty. I agree though with my fellow hippie (yippiehippie), if I saw any changes in my behaviour or babe's, id cut it out. I think its your comfort level with mj and your reaction with it, and your confidence as a mom too. If you feel your doing a great job as a mom and can do a great job, or even better with a bit of herbs, then ya know, its just a bit of herbs. Its only because of the laws and being frowned upon I think is why were forced into possibly feeling guilty, but its our own lives and our children, we have a right to live it as we please.

I never am that tired from mj that I worry about not waking up, maybe back in the day when i would be smoking and smoking on a weekend night, but I would have most likely been drinking as well and it would have the been the drunk that would make me go out. Hey, if i can wake up after been sleep deprived with a newborn, a toke wouldnt do much worse.

Ldavis24,dont be so hard on yourself mj mama! Get out and enjoy yourself, dont let the guilt keep you from enjoying herbs full benefits. You are not a bad mom for using cannabis! You are open minded mum who takes time for herself and her children and is doing exactly what you should be doing in motherhood, balancing your needs and your childrens, and having fun doing it! good on ya

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 01:57 AM

Actually I am from Vancouver. It's just that... well I love baseball and we don't have a team over here (well except for minor league Vancouver Canadians, not to be confused with the NHL team of a similar name, and they are associated with the Oakland A's).

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#93 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 02:39 AM

Hi there! Me again, I know I don't personally partake, but DH does . So I thought to weigh in on the "what about around the babes" standpoint. We handle it like, not around DS, like not the immediate vicinity, yk, people are talking about outside, in the bathroom with the fan on, and whatnot. That's how we roll too. Mostly it's because DS is at the "why" stage and it's just easier not to have the conversation. Secondhand smoke is a factor too, but really, with only one person whose not a super-heavy consumer, there's not any more smoke than if I burned dinner while I was cooking it -probably less, in fact, since the smoke detector never goes off!

But I don't at all feel uncomfortable if DH is watching DS and I'm gone and he partakes a bit before, say, playing trains or dress-up or Legos with DS, or taking DS out on his training-wheel-bike (which is essentially a walk, at the rate DS is moving!). They just enjoy their time together and that's great. Sometimes I put a glass of red wine in a travel mug and do the same . And you know, people would judge me about that too. So I say, we are the best parents for our kid and that's that. Don't question it. You are not driving or otherwise endangering his life - the guilt is totally from the social taboo, in my perspective.

I would even say, for us, it's a great combo. It is convenient, if we want to go out to dinner or a date or whatever, with or without DS, then DH will partake at home, so I drive there, and then I can have a glass or two of wine as I enjoy, and he's sober in a few hours to drive home. It works nicely for us as a couple and as a family. Safe, too, IMO.

I mean, I really enjoy a glass or two or wine, and I know that's not a super-popular choice in this thread (and I agree that, addiction-wise, pot is the *much* better choice... effects on the brain and dopamine receptors, etc. etc.). It's just how I am. With panic and anxiety disorder (I have meds - xanex - for as needed but have not needed to take them for a long time... and this is a little victory - yay me!) the enhanced anxiety really got me with the herb. IMO - 100% - the social taboo and internalized guilt are a *huge* part of that. It's completely beyond my locus of control: our society has an unreasonable (economically explainable, however fallible) taboo against weed, and that makes it uncomfortable for hyper-sensitive individuals to partake, whatever their logical stance on the herb. I drink wine because people won't judge me (as much), not because it's the most healthy or appropriate way to alter my state of consciousness. Which, BTW, all humans strive to do in some way or another. It's part of what makes us human.

Hope I'm still welcome in the conversation, even though I'm technically an outsider! I find the whole altered states of consciousness conversation fascinating and fulfilling.

Non-sequitor - I will say, in regards to the cooking and butter and olive oil and rubbing alcohol conversation, the thing to remember is that the THC is fat soluble, and not water soluble. That means that making tea does not work - the chemical compounds break down. This is why you cook the plant in oil or butter - the compounds stay intact and (in the case of butter) solidify into the mass, which is why it works so well, stays so long, and concentrations are decent. I've never heard of how it works with olive oil, only with saturated fats like butter. So technically (not to be gross, and I would never do this!) but lard or or bacon fat or margarine or shortening or whatever - these would technically work well too.

K: high school teacher and mama to DS1 (7/07), loss (10/10) and DS2 (7/12). Married to my best friend and soon to be elementary school teacher!
#94 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 04:23 AM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovnMama View Post
Hope I'm still welcome in the conversation, even though I'm technically an outsider! I find the whole altered states of consciousness conversation fascinating and fulfilling.
MovnMama, you are MOST welcome here! We are non-judgmental in this tribe and are glad to have you Personally, I find nothing at all wrong with how you describe the way you enjoy your glass of wine. I like wine much more than it likes me, TBH. I get horrid headaches from it! I get along much better with an icy Heineken, but I can't imagine drinking at 10:30 in the morning. My body reacts much differently to alcohol so I reserve that for the rare occasions when I don't have work or school.

As far as my personal situation with DD & DS, I had posted something earlier but it was removed with all the others (not really sure why b/c I hadn't referenced the other thread or anything)

Quote:
So technically (not to be gross, and I would never do this!) but lard or or bacon fat or margarine or shortening or whatever - these would technically work well too.
I wonder about coconut oil? It's saturated fat, no? Much more versatile I bet for both cooking & baking - I mean olive oil would be mighty unpleasant in a chocolate dessert, but coconut oil would be ok and wouldn't coconut oil blend well in savory dishes?

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#95 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post
I wonder about coconut oil? It's saturated fat, no? Much more versatile I bet for both cooking & baking - I mean olive oil would be mighty unpleasant in a chocolate dessert, but coconut oil would be ok and wouldn't coconut oil blend well in savory dishes?
~D~ thanks for the welcome!

Today is your lucky day because, you all may not know, but my husband has been a cook/chef for almost 10 years! We don't really make the budder, but I enlisted his knowledge of cooking and chemical rxns for this question.

So the deal is, according to him, this (as PP probably know) works fine with olive oil, but the worry is the smoking point of the oil. So all saturated and unsaturated fats work, but if the oil smokes you are 1. risking fire and 2. ruining the flavor and consistency of the oil. So with coconut oil, should work fine. He just wanted to make sure you are not using coconut milk, which would, in his words, "just be weird." With all the oils, just watch your temps.

Hope this helps. Have a great night!

K: high school teacher and mama to DS1 (7/07), loss (10/10) and DS2 (7/12). Married to my best friend and soon to be elementary school teacher!
#96 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
We are non-judgmental in this tribe
'Course we are... We're feelin' too good to judge!

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#97 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
So I say, we are the best parents for our kid and that's that. Don't question it. You are not driving or otherwise endangering his life - the guilt is totally from the social taboo, in my perspective.
Welcome. I totally agree-- it's all about the social taboo. Red wine gives me migraines; I find herb much easier on my system physically than any kind of alcohol, actually. If only it was as easy to find! In Pennsylvania it's a pain in the ass to buy alcohol (much moreso than in most states) but I'd be willing to deal with only being able to buy it at the state store and having to be there between certain hours on certain days if it meant I could have it on hand.

Being high around the kids isn't much of an issue when I don't have anything, but I've got to say: People take ridiculously powerful pharmaceuticals and they don't think twice about being around their children even though several are known to increase, say, precipitous rage episodes or homicidal ideation. It kind of nauseates me that people feel *safer* taking Paxil and Prozac around their children than they would smoking weed.

I suffer from severe insomnia (I've slept for five hours of the past 50). When I need to sleep, I need to take pills-- 20 mg of Ambien and two NyQuil Liquicaps. The pills allow me to sleep, but they don't put me into a coma or anything and I still co-sleep (safely) with my two year old. Marijuana helps a lot of people to sleep, but it doesn't do it in the completely unnatural way that Ambien does; If it helped me to sleep, I would be much MUCH more comfortable using it than the pills. Actually, it's been long enough that it might make me drowsy next time I smoke (though knowing me that will only work for a few days) and I'd vastly prefer it to the pills. None of you have anything to feel guilty about. s

Quote:
I drink wine because people won't judge me (as much), not because it's the most healthy or appropriate way to alter my state of consciousness. Which, BTW, all humans strive to do in some way or another. It's part of what makes us human.
Exactly.

Quote:
Non-sequitor - I will say, in regards to the cooking and butter and olive oil and rubbing alcohol conversation, the thing to remember is that the THC is fat soluble, and not water soluble.
True on the butter and olive oil. THC is also alcohol soluble, but I'd strongly advise against using rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol. Please don't use any kind of alcohol that human beings wouldn't be willing to drink! If you're not going to drink or cook with the alcohol, just use the cheapest vodka you can find.

Resin is crystallized THC, and what leaves the sticky black mess on your pieces. You can smoke or eat it and it will definitely do the trick-- everyone I know does resin hits when they're having supply problems. (I'm out of resin, too. ) Eating it will give you the poops, but the high lasts longer; It also tastes *wretched*, so you have to put it in something with a LOT of flavor. I prefer to smoke resin.

Quote:
Any cooking oil will work, and any natural fat. You could, say, cut the fat off of a lamb chop and use that. It'd be delicious.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#98 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Sometimes I put a glass of red wine in a travel mug and do the same .
lol i laughed when I read this, its funny. I did that at this really boring retail job sometimes, Id start after lunch and pop a cooler in a waterbottle and bring it along side

I think most, but not all you know, enjoy a drink once and a while. I love dark beer and citrus coolers. Im used to having wine maybe a couple of times a week with dinner, but I really dont drink anymore because I dont get to sit and enjoy it, just like coffee, it winds up cold by the time Im done. Maybe when LO is a bit older I can enjoy it more often, but now Im lucky if I get half the beer drank, normally it goes in the fridge for the next day. Its really nice to hear that you and your DH have a great "system" worked out for treating yourself. I think the difference between alcohol conscious altering and cannabis is hugely different, remember that bob marley interview where he says alcohol just makes you drunk, you cant meditate (along those lines) i agree, I think alcohol makes your body numb compared to heightening your senses with cannabis, Instead of picking up the small details in your surroundings, you stumble over them. I enjoy alcohol for the taste and good company, and maybe the warm bubblies you get too, but not for the state altering, i like being high but not so much being drunk.

Oh vancouver musiciandad, well, the jays are doing good so far, we'll unfortunetly see how long it lasts. I was just gonna say something like you did, were all too happy to put negative vibes out there, and id like to think were more of a liberal bunch considering were discussing mj on a mothering website hehe

well im grabbing some bud today, but im working alot this week so I think it will just be sitting in the baggy

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#99 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 12:58 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
'Course we are... We're feelin' too good to judge!
You have no idea how much I this tribe!!! I'm stressed because I am having a tough time getting my creative juices flowing, mostly due to my lack of herbs at the moment, and visiting this tribe makes me feel so much better!

#100 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Banned

Ok I'm glad I asked the question about feeling like a bad parent. I should have clarified we NEVER smoke in the house because we live with our MIL right now and she'd flip her s*** if she saw us smoking. Nothing like making a grown woman feel like a teenager when she has to hide her smoking from someone she lives with. Sigh. Anyway, we do smoke as well when DD is awake but we certainly keep it away from her and honestly, I feel more attentive after I smoke sometimes than I had previously.

It's almost like I get a reset on myself and it puts in me in a much better mood, more attentive, more playful, less stressed out. I have never ever found it to affect DD or my breast milk at all. I guess the guilt comes from the occasional look I get from other people who know I smoke, or watch me smoke. We were at a friend's house with DD and we all took turns going into another part of the house to smoke to keep it away from DD and then this girl's roommate came in and I never felt like a such terrible parent as I felt then from the look she gave DH and I...Awful,
thanks for the kind words canadianhippie. DH says I worry too much about stuff like that, to which I reply why do you think I smoke so much!

Oh, I have to brag a little bit because next weekend we are going to a certain place where we are certain to make several delicious purchases of the herbal variety which DH and I can enjoy for several weeks to come.

Where we live isn't exactly a hotspot of good quality mj so this trip we take once a year (missed it last year because DD was only a few weeks old) is a big deal for us for that reason amongst many others!
#101 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:

Non-sequitor - I will say, in regards to the cooking and butter and olive oil and rubbing alcohol conversation, the thing to remember is that the THC is fat soluble, and not water soluble. That means that making tea does not work - the chemical compounds break down. This is why you cook the plant in oil or butter - the compounds stay intact and (in the case of butter) solidify into the mass, which is why it works so well, stays so long, and concentrations are decent. I've never heard of how it works with olive oil, only with saturated fats like butter. So technically (not to be gross, and I would never do this!) but lard or or bacon fat or margarine or shortening or whatever - these would technically work well too.
Welcome to the tribe, who cares if you partake or not. And, yes, I like my occasional glass of wine or beer too. (actually used to be a heavy drinker before DS).
About the rubbing alcohol, I think I wasn't clear. I meant I clean my pieces with that, never ingest it-yuk! Tea is actually quite popular in some places, it does work, but that's why I said you need something fatty in it while seeping (milk, cream, butter, etc.). It does need to seep for quite a while (keeping it hot), but is a great alternative if you're sick or too lazy to get on the stove for some budder.

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#102 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post

thanks for the kind words canadianhippie.
Quote:
DH says I worry too much about stuff like that, to which I reply why do you think I smoke so much!
Oh, I have to brag a little bit because next weekend we are going to a certain place where we are certain to make several delicious purchases of the herbal variety which DH and I can enjoy for several weeks to come.

Where we live isn't exactly a hotspot of good quality mj so this trip we take once a year (missed it last year because DD was only a few weeks old) is a big deal for us for that reason amongst many others!
LOL- this is me too. I'm the biggest worrier. Getting stoned makes it all calm down and I can really enjoy the moment and live in the now instead of always being so concerned about the future and what's going to happen and why and when and...( you get the pic)
Have fun on your trip...where to?

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#103 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 05:36 PM
~D~

Quote:
I have a question here for anyone with small children/babies.
How do you handle MJ around your LO? Do you only partake when they are asleep? Do you go to sleep after partaking and co-sleep with your LO? I ask because I grapple with occasional bouts of guilt about being a terrible mom because DH and I will smoke outside while DD is napping and then she will wake up and we'll play and hang out with her like normal. I mean, we aren't blowing smoke rings in DD's face by any means and we NEVER ever smoke inside the house even when it is raining but I feel like some people would be horrified and outraged at what we do. I never drive high, I don't even like to go anywhere at all high just hang out at home but I still get this guilt. So how do you handle it around your LO? I am curious because if people are smoking/vaping/eating mj every day here at some point you must be high around your kid right?
I quoted your question because it's similar to mine & didn't want it to get lost in the thread

Do any of you have older kids who know you partake, and what's the situation? As far as my DD12 & DS9 are concerned, DD knows I partake, DS does not. But that isn't because she busted me smoking or anything and I'm just still hiding it from DS. DD noticed the difference in my behavior and the smell on my clothes, and just asked me what was up. So we had the talk, I showed it to her so she could see for herself that it's just a dried plant. I don't openly partake in front of her but I will let her know I am going to 'take a break' and she knows to respect my space. DS either just doesn't notice (because he hasn't asked) or he feels that it's not his place to question me. I think it's a combination of both. I will certainly be honest with him when the time comes, but it hasn't yet. I wonder if I should initiate the convo, WDYT?

#104 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I quoted your question because it's similar to mine & didn't want it to get lost in the thread

Do any of you have older kids who know you partake, and what's the situation? As far as my DD12 & DS9 are concerned, DD knows I partake, DS does not. But that isn't because she busted me smoking or anything and I'm just still hiding it from DS. DD noticed the difference in my behavior and the smell on my clothes, and just asked me what was up. So we had the talk, I showed it to her so she could see for herself that it's just a dried plant. I don't openly partake in front of her but I will let her know I am going to 'take a break' and she knows to respect my space. DS either just doesn't notice (because he hasn't asked) or he feels that it's not his place to question me. I think it's a combination of both. I will certainly be honest with him when the time comes, but it hasn't yet. I wonder if I should initiate the convo, WDYT?
My dc are the same age as yours.They both know about mj.I actually bought the book It's Just a Plant from a co-op here a few years ago.Neither had many questions after reading that book.I also don't partake around the kids,we(my dad and I,yep you read that right ) do occasionaly smoke while they are still awake,in another room of course,and they just call it the adult thing we do.My best friend has an almost 6yo dd that knows all about it as well.They all know it is for adults only,like drinking.They also know not to talk about it to others,because it is illegal.We have talked about that as well,and how finally the laws are changing.I explained about the medical mj I am trying for to dd a little bit.Ds is autistic so all that he really notices is the smell,and it doesn't bother him(I use incense too,even when I'm not partaking).They both have said they like their daddy better on mj than when he has been drinking(exh is an alcoholic,so my kids know all about that too),he plays with them and does things that he'd never do drunk or sober.I find that sad.That he has to be on something to play with his kids.I started smoking with my dad at 16,but i don't know how I'll feel about that in 4 years.Gotta go as the kids are hungry.

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.
#105 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 06:17 PM

Diana, I've got a 13 year old niece who knows that I partake from time to time. (Her father also smokes a lot a lot a lot and she's well aware of it.) I've told her that there is a little bit of evidence which suggests that teenagers with a family history of schizophrenia are more likely to develop it if they partake as teenagers, so the fact that she does (father's side) means she should wait until her brain is fully developed (around 25). She's not remotely interested in trying it for herself at this point anyway (she's a very 'young' 13). I treat it a lot like alcohol-- it's something for adults to partake of responsibly. No big thing.

#106 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 07:44 PM

DD knows we partake. We've never really hid it. I'm guessing DS doesn't know purely because of his age.

We've talked about, responsibility and all that and she has no interest in it right now. Though mentioned "maybe in a few years" with a shrug last time it came up. The only thing we'd ask of her is that if she doesn't get it from us, she needs to get it from our source. He's a very good friend of ours that we trust fully. Plus he doesn't sell crappy pot, like ever. Yeah, each batch is personally tested by him.

Personally I would initiate the conversation unless I thought my kids were getting info from somewhere else that is of the "all drugs are baaaaaaaad" variety or I though they were starting to smoke with friends.

#107 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

I think I might let them ask themselves. The mum I nanny'ed for had a 7? i think she was 8 at the time daughter and noticed she smokes in the basement sometimes, but then smokes outside (she smoked cigarettes always outside, and mj in the laundry room in the basement) and she kind of brought it out there, makes mum feel happy, its not bad but its against the law, you know. I was somewhat taken back when she told me, but at the same time, I thought no, she should know, I was just worried about the LO telling friends at school and it getting around. All the hype seems so silly when your just looking at it in your hand....a dried plant? really? this is where millions of $$$ are going to take it off the streets? My brother was watching cops (ugh terrible) and there was chase with 3 young ones,maybe 18-21 and when they were searched, they found a dimebag of weed, I couldnt believe it. Id like to keep it somewhat open in front of my babe as he grows, I dont let him see me smoke, ( i picked up cigarettes again a couple of months ago and I dont want him growing up with the habit and possibly resorting to cigarettes, i need to quit before he gets older)

As much as we maybe "should" be keeping it all hush hush in front of the kids and sneaking outside at midnight for a few puffs (just kidding) I almost want to say its good? for a babe to be raised in a laid back enviroment where mum or dad puts some herbs together has a puffpuff and the LO's recognize its really not a big deal, mum and dad arent leaving them to be indulgent and i guess I have this lovely fantasy image of me and my hippie family sitting on colourful cushions from india in the living room, listening to reggae, cooking dinner and mum and dad sitting by the window relaxing with a spliff and us all enjoying each others company. I just find it ideal to be emerged in the lifestyle.

OO, and about the breastfeeding, I dont know about you all, but Ive had supply problems since birth and after I smoke a j i have TONS of breastmilk, I am so full. Next time babe latches he's chug-a-luging, i dont need domperidone...I need cannabis!

and no luck picking up today maybe this week

im listening to high tide or low tide by bob marley on my son's b is for bob cd, lovely, spark up and enjoy

#108 of 319 Old 07-25-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
How did you do this? I never thought of it, always just scraped the resin and cleaned my pieces in alcohol.
I missed this one! I was primarily concerned with preserving the resin (supply issues, we've been over that ) so I wanted to use something that I would feel comfortable ingesting. I looked at pictures of the molecule to figure out what would dissolve it (four years of studying biochemistry had to come in handy for *something* ) and decided to go with olive oil. I filled the pipe, set it in a bowl, and put it in the microwave for a little while (not terribly long, just enough to get things warm) and then I scraped the resin out of the bowl with something narrow and solid (I can't remember what ). I ended up with a nice little pile of oily resin which I put back into the bowl over a little screen and smoked. It actually burned a lot more easily than it does without the oil, and it tasted vaguely olive-oily. It also got me high as a kite. That was a seriously decent weekend.

#109 of 319 Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
LOL- this is me too. I'm the biggest worrier. Getting stoned makes it all calm down and I can really enjoy the moment and live in the now instead of always being so concerned about the future and what's going to happen and why and when and...( you get the pic)
Have fun on your trip...where to?
We are going to Gathering of the Vibes in Bridgeport CT. It's a musical festival that we trek to annually, this year though is totally different as we are bringing DD along.

You want to talk about mj friendly, it is so nice to be able to sit there and relax and smoke a bowl in the open surrounded by people who don't care if you want to smoke or not and will more than likely pass you their pipe to share.

It is also a great place to pick up very high quality mj of a wide variety of strains so we usually come home with a goody bag of a large variety to last us a while.

eilonwy, you remind me of my DH, he is a major resin saver. I can't help it that I think it is kinda gross. so stinky but he is meticulous with his bowl cleaning and he does a damn good job too.
#110 of 319 Old 07-26-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
eilonwy, you remind me of my DH, he is a major resin saver. I can't help it that I think it is kinda gross. so stinky but he is meticulous with his bowl cleaning and he does a damn good job too.
It is kind of gross, but it certainly does the job. It also means that my pieces are the cleanest of anyone I know. My pipes could probably pass as "for decorative use only" most of the time. They're shiny.

#111 of 319 Old 07-26-2010, 03:27 PM

All this talk about resin makes me want to get scrapin or use that olive oil trick (thx for the reply, btw). I love resin hits, I don't really care how it tastes, I just love the high. DH hates it and thinks it's kinda weird, but I've def had my share of shortages and so I've become a pro. DH will forget sometimes and clean the pipe out and I'm like-what?! you wasted all that "good" stuff?!
Speaking of, what do you all use to clean yours? I just stick w/rubbing alc and a q tip and usually a paper clip or something.

#112 of 319 Old 07-26-2010, 04:42 PM

Great blog, can't wait to add mine when I get the chance! I enjoyed reading it and hope it gets big. Are you still in AZ? I just moved from there and will be moving back hopefully by the end of the year...I get all my bud from there still!

#113 of 319 Old 07-26-2010, 04:43 PM

I vastly prefer vodka to rubbing alcohol. You can cook with it more easily. Use vodka to clean the piece thoroughly, pour it into a pan over low heat with some butter and as the butter melts the vodka will mostly evaporate leaving you with buttery resiny goodness. I usually cook that into mashed potatoes with LOTS of garlic and onion or into "five-minute chocolate cake" in the microwave. (Like I said, in order to eat resin you need something with INTENSE flavor.) It gets you ridiculously high. It also works with olive oil, but I find that butter is easier to work with because it's easier to tell when most of the vodka has evaporated. If you use flavored vodka you get a hint of the flavor in these buttery resiny crystals, and then it's like candy that gets you high-- it does a great deal to improve the taste of the resin. Waste not want not!

#114 of 319 Old 07-27-2010, 12:00 PM
~D~

After reading all these posts about saving resin, I feel so sad about all that I've wasted over the years!!

I've been thinking about the situation with DS, and I've come to the conclusion that I'll wait a bit longer to have the talk with him. He's just at a place right now where I don't think he would benefit from it. I actually think it might stress him out knowing that his mama partakes in something that's illegal. Even if I try to explain the benefits *I* get from it, he would have a hard time with it. Maybe in a few years, no need to rush it. When he's a bit older he'll be able to appreciate the situation more.

#115 of 319 Old 07-27-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Great blog, can't wait to add mine when I get the chance! I enjoyed reading it and hope it gets big. Are you still in AZ? I just moved from there and will be moving back hopefully by the end of the year...I get all my bud from there still!
That's a friend of mine, actually; I'm in Pennsylvania and always have been. I was hoping to post my stories later this week but I'm feeling absolutely wretched right now; I think I ate some bad avocado yesterday.

#116 of 319 Old 07-27-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
That's a friend of mine, actually; I'm in Pennsylvania and always have been. I was hoping to post my stories later this week but I'm feeling absolutely wretched right now; I think I ate some bad avocado yesterday.
Ok, that's what i thought...I kinda figured also when I realized you don't have just one kiddo! Regardless, both stories are great (love birth stories) and hope to read more on there.
BTW, that'll teach you to eat avacado-that's one of the very few foods that makes me wanna puke looking at it...I do know what would make you feel better, sorry i'm sure you have none like usual Guess i'll have to smoke a bowl for you

#117 of 319 Old 07-27-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Ok, that's what i thought...I kinda figured also when I realized you don't have just one kiddo! Regardless, both stories are great (love birth stories) and hope to read more on there.
BTW, that'll teach you to eat avacado-that's one of the very few foods that makes me wanna puke looking at it...I do know what would make you feel better, sorry i'm sure you have none like usual Guess i'll have to smoke a bowl for you
Indeed. I actually love avocado, I think this one was just a little too ripe. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that a friend of mine will be able to come through for me Friday or Saturday. I've got a friend who could definitely hook me up, but he's on the other side of the state... and he's going to Pennsic. (I'm incredibly jealous on all counts. ) We shall see!

#118 of 319 Old 07-28-2010, 04:31 AM

subby mc sub sub.... hi mamas and papa!
#119 of 319 Old 07-28-2010, 04:50 AM

Hi!

#120 of 319 Old 07-28-2010, 12:11 PM

so i have my first few plants growing and i'm like 80% sure that one of them is a male but i cant really tell/am in denial(of course the 2 1/2ft tall beauty on my porch would be male and the one inside female). ive looked at pics but i don't see any bananna shaped things just a tall cola-esque thing that i guess will sprout the male pods but? I think i have a female inside but i haven't gottent too far into the light cycle and reeeeeeaaaaaaallllllllllllly need to buy a timer cause my timing is to erratic as im rarely home

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page