Summer Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 319 Old 07-28-2010, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Could you take a picture and email it to someone who would know? Also: Timers are really easy to find, they sell them at Kmart and the like as well as home improvement stores and such.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 319 Old 07-28-2010, 03:28 PM

Treqi...keep us updated on the plants, those of us that aren't able to grow can live vicariously through you

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#123 of 319 Old 07-28-2010, 03:35 PM

hi everyone!
I am currently not smoking b/c I am BFing but I did smoke for 9 years prior to pregnancy. will pick back up on occasion after DD weans herself but I would definately want to grow my own little plant b/c I don't trust the streets lol

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#124 of 319 Old 07-28-2010, 05:47 PM

Lol ok you guys can live vicariously ill try and post a weekly update....whats hard for me right now is deciding whether i should just kill the suspected male and move the one i think is female outside or should i just let it grow as i'd actually just love to see a male plant grow toooo many options but at this rate im not sure the inside plant would bud before it froze....too complicated it sucks becoming attached to a plant.
#125 of 319 Old 07-28-2010, 06:31 PM

Treqi, I'd keep the male alive and separate just in case you decide you want to cross-breed with someone else. That's just me, though, and I'm in the living vicariously group.

#126 of 319 Old 07-28-2010, 06:44 PM

my porch is very small and i live in an apartment complex....i'll have to ask a friend if theyll take mah bebe i'll prolly just end up making some oil out of him in september when hes really big it will prolly be worth it
#127 of 319 Old 07-28-2010, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

hey everyone, i didnt disappear, i read through the posts every day but i smoke joints so i save the resin for my roach spliffs so i dont have much experience to say about that (i just used to use a lighter around the resin on my pipe and see what i could smoke, or scrape it out with a bobby pin/tweezers and put it on a joint, but that was 5 years ago!)

Welcome Treqi, thank you for sharing your growing journey, i hope you have two females looking forward to the pictures

And thank you for joining us sosurreal09! Congrats on your baby, and 9 years wow, you have alot of patience to cut out the herbs after using for such a long time. Im glad our tribe was one of the first posts you made on mdc! its flattering, thank you for coming out and being open about being a mj mama

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#128 of 319 Old 07-29-2010, 10:18 AM

lol I clicked new posts and this was the first to show up! I was like hey I love MJ lol

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#129 of 319 Old 07-29-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post
lol I clicked new posts and this was the first to show up! I was like hey I love MJ lol
I almost never use the new posts feature. I must confess that I've been reading this thread for much, much longer than I've been posting to it. I've learned a great deal, I get a real kick out of this tribe. If ever I do have the opportunity to grow, I'll definitely know where to look for advice!

#130 of 319 Old 07-29-2010, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

lol good stuff sosurreal09, that was my thoughts when i was reading through the spring thread

i really get a kick out of this thread too eilonwy

i wish i had more compelling things to say but i havent smoked in a week or so, so im not feeling very intuitive and witty, tomorrow though, hopefully.

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#131 of 319 Old 07-29-2010, 07:31 PM

I was wondering what you all thought about an occasional, rare toke while pregnant?

Before I got pregnant I was all like, "I will not take any substances into my body during this time."

Well, turns out I have to take allergy medications, including a steroid, despite my best effort to avoid them. Like I was bleeding out my sinuses. Sigh. . .

And then I was thinking, I always felt mj was such a mild drug, and it really does relieve my stress (I have a high stress full time job). Sigh. I just like how it puts all the hard times into perspective.

And THEN, I have come to realize that some people use mj for morning sickness! So is there any studies or literature or anecdotal evidence about this????
#132 of 319 Old 07-29-2010, 08:09 PM

I have never smoked while certain that I was pregnant. That said, as far as substances go marijuana is certainly less risky than, say, antidepressants or anxiolytics-- two classes of drug frequently prescribed to pregnant women. It is safer and more effective than drugs prescribed for hyperemesis gravida, antepartum depression, anxiety, and who knows how many other conditions frequently associated with pregnancy. It's something to which we have evolved to be receptive-- not something which was created to take advantage of receptors with which we were born.

Acetaminophen (Tylenol/Paracetamol) is considered one of the most innocuous drugs on the market, and is recommended to people of all ages and in all states of health as a "safe" way to treat fevers, when in relatively low doses over a period of time shorter than most people realize it can completely debilitate your liver. Marijuana has no such side effects, no such hidden dangers that aren't associated with the prohibitions against using it. It's considered safer to vaporize or eat the herb than it is to smoke during pregnancy, but quite frankly even smoking is probably safer than taking a fistful of pills. In retrospect, I probably should have smoked through the first trimester with at least two of my pregnancies (I lost fifty pounds to HG during my first-- thankfully I had it to lose! ). If I had it to do over again, I definitely would.

Someone mentioned that they'd bought "It's Only A Plant" for their child-- how did you like it? Even used copies on Amazon are outside of my usual spending range, so I'd like to know about it before I consider shelling out that much.

#133 of 319 Old 07-29-2010, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

I read ALOT about this, watched online lectures, studies etc. I checked out how the studies were completed, and sooo many flaws my goodness, its hard to find a study that mama's strictly use mj only. I caused quite a stir at another parenting website when I brought up mj during pregnancy, thats when my sister told me about mothering, then I starting reading the cannabis mama threads and knew I wasnt alone.

I did smoke a couple of times during pregnancy, after reading as best as I could, I was comfortable with it, not the smoke however so I spent time outside after I smoked to get some extra cleansing from the air and I didnt hold it in like I normally do to increase the high. I had alot of movement when I did and I felt SO wonderfully connected to my baby, it was so amazing..honestly, I will never forget those times. Im a sucker for bob marley when im smoking and my LO would move like a wave to the beat and to this day, bob marley is the most soothing thing to my baby, and to mummy

heres something to get you started

its pretty out there, especially the pictures, but its an interesting read. Google dr melanie dreher

perhaps we can have a discussion about this after we read up on it a little bit? like a cannabis online reading club haha

share your mj during pregnancy/ children and mj links if ya got em

#134 of 319 Old 07-31-2010, 04:53 AM

Did we all have to many brownies to remember to post?

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#135 of 319 Old 07-31-2010, 11:17 AM

LOL, no, I am just still not sure of my opinion. I did read the linked article above, which was very interesting!

Also, I have to go to the gym now but will try and pick up the conversation later.
#136 of 319 Old 07-31-2010, 04:30 PM

I've done some reading, and the only thing that's changed is how strongly I feel that marijuana should be legalized and utilized more often for more conditions. I also become more and more saddened by the fact that so many have succumbed to propaganda about such a useful plant. I mean honestly, of all the things in my apartment I think only the internet has as many uses as marijuana (something I only wish was in my apartment ).

#137 of 319 Old 07-31-2010, 04:37 PM

That's why I am always ready to defend marijuana and educate people about it. Some people are just way to stubborn though. You can give them everything out there on MJ and still they will believe the Reefer Madness crap.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#138 of 319 Old 07-31-2010, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Stubborn and ill-informed. As much as I would like to discuss how my mind benefits from the herb, I think getting into all that talk can make people tune you out because they think its just stoner-talk. You can only understand it if you smoke yourself though, and alot of people who are against mj have never smoked it before, so how do they know so much about it?

Marc Emery's US Federal Prison blog #6
by Marc Emery - Saturday, July 17 2010

''Jodie's wonderful love for me and activism has opened up my supporter base of family folks, children, grandparents, especially mothers – a great many letters to me are from women, mostly mothers with children, who admire me and Jodie and find common ground with us. That's very good to read! Only a minority of letters are from "stoners". I have 8 pictures of families with kids, so people obviously feel I am a representative for their children, to bring about a world of peace and liberty so they can grow up in safety and freedom.''

Thats interesting to know, theres more of us out there, i feel even more compelled to put something together,

I couldnt find too many links, maybe Im not googling the right keywords, but found this one.

Mama using mj to treat her son's autism

I googled mainly cannabis mothers, a lot came up about seeds and I saw the word sensi, and thought of sensimilla by barrington levy, not sure if anyone has heard it, a ol classic, i reccommend sparking up and enjoying this one too. My baby loves that beat, he's part jamaican, his yaya (his grandmother) think its in the blood lol

#139 of 319 Old 08-01-2010, 12:06 AM

well im sort of new to mothering, well new to the discussions and whatnot. funny enough i was thinking this week... 'ahhh i want to start smoking again'
when we were TTC (only took us three months) and during pregnancy i didnt smoke at all.
and now that im breastfeeding, im not too worried about the ill effects (if any??) but wondering about any of you BFing mamas out there.
my DD is 3 months old, and the happiest babe i know
im having a lot of stress it seems lately (my grandma suddenly passed away, highly functioning alcoholic father and parents splitting up after 34 yrs of marriage, car broke down, B$*% i mean MAJOR $%(^ of a sister in law. ya know life i guess) so i just wanna smoke and mellow out!

i got into it as a teen, but with the wrong crowd, got expelled from school, then stopped smoking for a few yrs, and then back at it. my DH never was really 'til me, and he enjoys smoking occasionally to mellow out and ease physical pain he gets from work (hes a tradesman)

well and i guess i ought to say, i am on mat leave from my job in child protection services... and i must admit i dunno anyone at work that smokes, well i think there is one dude. but mamas? not so sure... (gee i hope no one i know IRL is on here!)

im happy i found this thread!

some other things i wanted to say: i pretty much think a lot more ppl smoke than others think, my neighbours, majority of my friends, plenty of my family, all smoke.
#140 of 319 Old 08-01-2010, 12:47 PM

Like I said, my mom-friends are mostly non-smokers. I'm the most freakishly liberal in all ways among them. I'm respected enough that I could make pro-marijuana arguments which would cause them to reconsider their thoughts on the matter, but they'd initially be quite shocked to think about me smoking at all. I've had five downstairs neighbors since we moved into this apartment; One smoked regularly (decent stuff, too ) and another had visitors who smoked (pure and utter schwag) very often. The other three never touched the stuff-- one compared marijuana to crack (!!!) and the other two were just responsible and religious, respectively.

I can only imagine what would happen if someone brought up marijuana at one of the homeschool groups.

#141 of 319 Old 08-01-2010, 03:44 PM

With my first I waited to start smoking again after 1 year. After my second and third I started smoking within weeks. I am due with my 4th soon and I know that I will start smoking almost right away because I have heard that the afterpains with the 4th are really intense. I would so much rather give my child the cannabinoids rather than the synthetic Midol. I have read and heard that there is no harm to babe from the cannabinoids, there are actually studies that say there are benefits.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERRY. LET THERE BE SONGS TO FILL THE AIR......

Island mama to DD (10), DS (5), DS (4) and DD (Aug 31 '10)
#142 of 319 Old 08-01-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I can only imagine what would happen if someone brought up marijuana at one of the homeschool groups.
A lot less mama drama... Just think, you'd all just love each other no matter what!

#143 of 319 Old 08-01-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
A lot less mama drama... Just think, you'd all just love each other no matter what!
If they didn't try to burn me as a witch first.

#144 of 319 Old 08-01-2010, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Lol ohh, I dont think too many people are as stuffy these days, but that's not to say I dont keep my mouth closed about my mj use at baby group. Although, my soft cotton black fabric came out as a sling, and there happens to be bob marley's in green, yellow and red with matching herb leaves.( $10 find at a subway station in Montreal) Everyone chuckled about it though, my group is pretty laid back, they're all young country living women.

If only there was a outdoor herb mothers&babe group, no witch burning and no drama.

#145 of 319 Old 08-01-2010, 09:55 PM

Well, I smoked during pregnancy and the day I gave birth to my LO (homebirth) and still do. I guess it's just kind of a way of life for me. I'm very uptight and on the go, I can actually slow down and enjoy life when stoned.
I did research before getting high pregnant and before breastfeeding. I would look up the links but am too lazy as I am currently stoned.
For me I had morning sickness and figured it's proven that poor nutrition can effect the babe's health, but none for MJ (not that they haven't tried, but cannot find any ill effects). My 2 cents-take care of yourself and your babe, whatever that means to you

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#146 of 319 Old 08-01-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
If they didn't try to burn me as a witch first.
Make sure you have weed in your pockets when the flames hit and all will be well...

#147 of 319 Old 08-02-2010, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanislandmama View Post
With my first I waited to start smoking again after 1 year. After my second and third I started smoking within weeks. I am due with my 4th soon and I know that I will start smoking almost right away because I have heard that the afterpains with the 4th are really intense. I would so much rather give my child the cannabinoids rather than the synthetic Midol. I have read and heard that there is no harm to babe from the cannabinoids, there are actually studies that say there are benefits.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERRY. LET THERE BE SONGS TO FILL THE AIR......
Thats exactly what Im getting from it as well, Ive seen some research that is saying that while you are pregnant, some of the compounds do not pass into the womb, as well as breastfeeding, and ones that do have no negative effect. In the jamaican mothers study, it states how the children are better adjusted, etc. Earth mothers? cannabis? who knows, but i think its good health for all

#148 of 319 Old 08-02-2010, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
Well, I smoked during pregnancy and the day I gave birth to my LO (homebirth) and still do. I guess it's just kind of a way of life for me. I'm very uptight and on the go, I can actually slow down and enjoy life when stoned.
I did research before getting high pregnant and before breastfeeding. I would look up the links but am too lazy as I am currently stoned.
For me I had morning sickness and figured it's proven that poor nutrition can effect the babe's health, but none for MJ (not that they haven't tried, but cannot find any ill effects). My 2 cents-take care of yourself and your babe, whatever that means to you

Lol, too stoned, too lazy
Well thank you for letting us know how you benefit from herbs, I can imagine it does and can help alot of women with morning sickness. I was one of those lucky .... who didnt have any, I got high because it felt good.

I would love to be able to extend the mj awareness to all those mums dropping large amounts of weight during pregnancy and worrying about their baby plumping up, instead of being hospitalized, monitored and put on high-calorie diets and medication. All women need is to take a likkle smoke and feel bless again

#149 of 319 Old 08-02-2010, 12:40 PM

A friend of mine smoked during her pregnancy. She just delivered a healthy child, and she has a healthy and bright toddler during which she smoked during pregnancy as well. I only found this out because we were having her and her DH over, our DH's went to go visit the room and I tried to politely steer her towards an alternate activity (rather than asking her to wait outside LOL) and she told me she still does it!

I know she quit towards the end just in case they tested her at delivery.

That's really my big fear, having a + drug test. I am seeing an OB and will deliver in a hospital, and I think they can test you if they feel like it.

Although, I am a white professional that nobody would ever DREAM used mj, (seriously, I look as straight and narrow as it gets) but I am also the sole income provider for my family so I feel like I have a lot riding on NOT having any MJ related legal issues arise. So I am not doing it now.

I was considering having some budder this weekend, but I started lightly spotting so reconsidered and will not. I think I might get paranoid seeing the spotting.

But, I really think that doing something once a week or so, one time, I really cannot see that causing much harm, unless it is something KNOWN to have high risk. I feel like if there was any strong effect that mj had on fetus, all those "don't do drugs" commercials would be filled with pictures of "fetal marijuana syndrome" babies.

Honestly, if there is anything wrong with this pregnancy, I will blame it on the Class C drug I was taking when I conceived and for the first few weeks until I found out. (It took me so long to get pregnant I didn't really think it was going to happen and went back on meds I needed)
#150 of 319 Old 08-02-2010, 12:57 PM

i have read that a concentrated amount of THC goes through breastmilk. i never smoked while preggers or BFing but i love MJ. its just a personal choice. for me i dont like taking any risk when it comes to anything...im one of those dairy free plastic free semi-paranoid people lol i just dont want to mess with anything that MAY effect DD

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page