Summer Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 319 Old 08-06-2010, 03:46 AM
~D~

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome, mommysherry & ilsesthings we are pleased you could join us!

A few of our tribe members have asked about a sticky of sorts for our tribe, but I think the mods just post one sticky for the forum policies. On the welcome page of every thread that we carry from season to season, we post our links and mission statement. I think that is the closest we can get to a resource sticky. If anyone has suggestions on how to improve that to better serve our tribe, please feel free to pm me or CanadianHippie - she's volunteered to host our thread this season

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#182 of 319 Old 08-06-2010, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Hey mamas! I'll put a resource sticky together, I've been working alot and been active with baby so I haven't been researching but I will work on it tonight, I'll respond more soon

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#183 of 319 Old 08-06-2010, 02:16 PM

Thanks, canadianhippie...maybe anyone that has some good links could just post them and then we can just add them to the other links. When we do the fall thread they can all be on the first post like normal? That seems to be the easiest way IMO. I remember looking up those links when first joining and liked them, but it would be nice to categorize general mj, mj while BFing, mj while preg, etc.

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#184 of 319 Old 08-06-2010, 06:52 PM

posting under an alias as dh is extremely sensitive about this, but I just gotta say... i am a marijuana mama! MJ has been so gentle with me and I am going through morning sickness and feel like this herb was made for helping with this ailment. she also eased my morning sickness with my last pregnancy, and I knew the day it was time to stop and never missed it after.

Blessed be the mother Mary... my grandmother's name was Mary Jane, which was not a coincidence... the other was Light (Lucia)... we learn from our mothers who to trust

i wish i could praise her openly, but such is the nature of our times, and the nature of my place in existence right now
#185 of 319 Old 08-07-2010, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
Thanks, canadianhippie...maybe anyone that has some good links could just post them and then we can just add them to the other links. When we do the fall thread they can all be on the first post like normal? That seems to be the easiest way IMO. I remember looking up those links when first joining and liked them, but it would be nice to categorize general mj, mj while BFing, mj while preg, etc.

hey check out the front page, i put some together today, i checked the links from the spring thread, added ones from this summer thread, id like to keep adding and post some fun stuff like marijuana and media (songs, shows, etc.) how to roll, how to vape, etc. what does everything think?

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#186 of 319 Old 08-07-2010, 03:21 AM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianhippie View Post
hey check out the front page, i put some together today, i checked the links from the spring thread, added ones from this summer thread, id like to keep adding and post some fun stuff like marijuana and media (songs, shows, etc.) how to roll, how to vape, etc. what does everything think?
The edited version is awesome! As far as the fun stuff, I think it's great personally but maybe clear it with a mod first. Might not go over too well... Just sayin

#187 of 319 Old 08-07-2010, 03:24 AM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamaLama108 View Post
posting under an alias as dh is extremely sensitive about this, but I just gotta say... i am a marijuana mama! MJ has been so gentle with me and I am going through morning sickness and feel like this herb was made for helping with this ailment. she also eased my morning sickness with my last pregnancy, and I knew the day it was time to stop and never missed it after.

Blessed be the mother Mary... my grandmother's name was Mary Jane, which was not a coincidence... the other was Light (Lucia)... we learn from our mothers who to trust

i wish i could praise her openly, but such is the nature of our times, and the nature of my place in existence right now
Glad to have you! Thanks for stopping back by!

#188 of 319 Old 08-07-2010, 12:33 PM

i have heard mostly europeans mix their bud with tobacco, not for me. i do not enjoy the cigarette buzz in the least, plus if i wanted to smoke a cig, i'd smoke a cig and not the mj.
#189 of 319 Old 08-07-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post
The edited version is awesome! As far as the fun stuff, I think it's great personally but maybe clear it with a mod first. Might not go over too well... Just sayin
I agree, prob we should just keep the links to medicinal/educational info. I think it looks great, tho-thx for doin that, canadianhippie.

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#190 of 319 Old 08-08-2010, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

no problem, ill keep it just to the facts

#191 of 319 Old 08-08-2010, 09:27 PM

Hey there, I have a question for you. One of my good friends has fibromyalgia and is interested in getting her card. They'd grow 4-5 plants in their garage. How safe is this? I'm worried that she'll get in trouble, because I read that while it's legal in Oregon, the federal government can decide to prosecute. Is this something she could lose her kids over? Even for one night? Because her kids, in foster care for even one night is a bad idea

What do you Mama's think?

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#192 of 319 Old 08-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyMae09 View Post
Hey there, I have a question for you. One of my good friends has fibromyalgia and is interested in getting her card. They'd grow 4-5 plants in their garage. How safe is this? I'm worried that she'll get in trouble, because I read that while it's legal in Oregon, the federal government can decide to prosecute. Is this something she could lose her kids over? Even for one night? Because her kids, in foster care for even one night is a bad idea

What do you Mama's think?
You're mistaken; Recently a law has been passed preventing the federal government from prosecuting medical marijuana card holders. It may vary from state to state, but I think that as a medical card holder you [or your designated caretaker] can grow up to six female plants for personal use.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#193 of 319 Old 08-08-2010, 10:05 PM

Shell: I love what you posted "Know yourself, know your body, know your herb"

ldavid24: I too get congested and lately it's all the time... I think I'll take the suggestion on a previous post about the netti pot...

Earthmama: I smoked during pregnancy as well as during breastfeeding with absolutely no problems to me or my daughter who is very bright and doesn't get sick.

I would love to find a cheap vaporizer, I hate smoking but I prefer the pipe although the joints give me much pleasure in a social setting, while sharing with others, etc...

I love to see how full this thread has become. It goes to show that many more of us are coming out of the closet and recognizing the many wonderful benefits of mj.

My favorite reason for using mj would be the spiritual qualities it provides me. That has got to be the most awesome benefit... meditative and helps me be present.

Have a lovely week MJ Mommas!!

:::
#194 of 319 Old 08-08-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
You're mistaken; Recently a law has been passed preventing the federal government from prosecuting medical marijuana card holders.
More accurately, the Department of Justice has elected to not pursue medical marijuana cases.
#195 of 319 Old 08-08-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
You're mistaken; Recently a law has been passed preventing the federal government from prosecuting medical marijuana card holders. It may vary from state to state, but I think that as a medical card holder you [or your designated caretaker] can grow up to six female plants for personal use.
Thanks so much for this, and for your post, Otto. Good to know. So then, does anyone happen to know a doctor in or around Benton County that she could go to? Because her doctor won't prescribe it.

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#196 of 319 Old 08-08-2010, 10:37 PM

subbing just so that I can learn from you mamas.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#197 of 319 Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 AM

Hi Mamas! I used to belong to this group awhile ago but our computer fried and haven't been on for almost 2 years now so I'll re-introduce myself. I'm Jeri... I don't actually use MJ regularly at this time but have in the past to help curb my OCD tendencies and during pregnancy for morning sickness with my son but my DH uses it medicinally daily and has since the day we met. He is bi-polar, has social anxiety and PTSD. The use of it helps him to cope with daily life. I wish we lived in a state where it was legal for medicinal purposes but alas, Ohio is not very liberal in it's thinking on well, anything (except vaccines, thankfully)

My son and daughter are not aware of what it is that Daddy smokes... they've never really known any different so I think they assume they are ciggarettes (which unfortunately he also smokes)... My step-daughter has known for about 2 years and my step-son has just recently found out in the last month. They, so far, have not tried it themselves and I hope they continue to wait until they are a little bit older just so they can more understand that it can and is a wonderful alternative to modern medicine and not something to be toyed with. Their mother is very anti-marijuana so I worry about her finding out and taking him to court to try to take his older children away from him... but I know I don't have to worry about my step-daughter being the one to tell her but my step-son is not quite so mature and therefore might say something. But DH trusts that he won't say anything... and I will admit that since he has found out, things have been going smoother around here. I suspect that he's always known that my step-daughter and husband have always had secrets between them and now he feels like he was brought into the mix and has some sort of new bond with DH for knowing. I just hope he doesn't get mad at DH and open his mouth to his very mainstream mother. We shall see. Anyway, that got long winded, sorry... lol

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#198 of 319 Old 08-10-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
'Fraid I don't know anyone in Alberta, would he qualify for a medical marijuana card? There are group that can set you up, but only if you have the card.
I don't know, he might. He has a number of conditions that are apparently eligible. The problem is that is looks like it would take awhile & we don't even know if it would help. He's slowly starving to death now, not sure we have time to get a card & wait to get it & find out if it actually helps.

I just wish I had some ideas.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#199 of 319 Old 08-11-2010, 03:09 AM

Were the people who suggested it IRL friends? Or online. If they are in real life than they might be able to point you in the right direction.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#200 of 319 Old 08-11-2010, 03:27 AM

No, a few people here suggested it in a thread about him wasting away. My best friend years ago & her husband used to do it a lot, but I mentioned it to her & she changed the subject, so I think that's unfortunately a dead end.

I feel so lame that I can't even figure out how to find pot.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#201 of 319 Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

nixnc, i didnt know it was a euro thing. I do it because it makes the spliff burn better and stay lit, it breaks the weed up if its really sticky and you use a wee bit less cannabis and increases the high

babymae09, i wouldnt worry to much if she's being a responsible grower. Its only a few plants so i would imagine it's easy to hide. She should be keeping it private and not telling nearly anyone, only because no risk is better than a little. Its a better risk you could say that she's growing her own meds than toying with pain meds for her fibro, help her and maybe you can get a few buds here and there

maminnatural, i agree, i use because of the spiritual properties, in fact, if im feeling sick or in pain, mj makes it worse, i feel it more intensely, i love personal meditation

katiedidbug, welcome and thanks for tagging along !

Attatchedtoelijah, good to have ya back. Its wonderful to hear the herb has been able to help you and your DH with your medical challenges, it must be so relieving that your can treat it naturally and with out legal consequences. Thank you for sharing your family dynamic with your DH's usage. I think your both on the right wavelength for sharing the right amount of info about it per maturity level, age, etc. I totally agree that now your DH and stepson have another thing to bond over, he does after all have the cool dad that smokes weed, thats awesome ! lol

Devaskyla, I say do what you can to start the card process, and I mean..is there anyone you know who might know someone who deals? I feel in my age group, nearly everyone smokes or knows someone who does so asking anyone isnt to much of a concern, but asking someone older than me..i feel id get a terrible reaction. Do alot of adults generally smoke? The older moms I know smoke, but my parents friends dont. Not sure, give it a go, just pop out and ask around, be careful of course. I find it a challenge to pick up now too, i only know one person, and he doesnt deal, he just smokes alot himself and will sell me a couple grams here and there

#202 of 319 Old 08-11-2010, 12:37 PM

Does anyone have any recommendations for a vaporizer that is under $80 or just a bit above? I know the really good ones are a lot more expensive, but I can't swing that right now. I've seen some for $60, but would like recommendations before purchasing.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#203 of 319 Old 08-11-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations for a vaporizer that is under $80 or just a bit above? I know the really good ones are a lot more expensive, but I can't swing that right now. I've seen some for $60, but would like recommendations before purchasing.
The first one i got was at a head shop that just opened so we got it for around 70. It worked well and then just stopped working about 4 months later and we had to go back and buy one for I think about 100 We're broke as a joke, but rationalized spending it bc you can double smoke your stuff and save money (the stuff that's left in the vap is stinky, but you can smoke it or bake w/it, therefor doubling it). I was still preggo at the time so it was very important to me not to inhale smoke.
I wish I could remember the brand that conked on me to steer you away from it...the ppl working at the shop should be very knowledgeable though. Normally you can talk them down in prices-almost always I've gotten my peices less than what they're listed for int he shop, maybe try a few places?

Speaking of smoke, funny story. My bro (who smokes) was working w/DH at a friends the other day. The friend lit a bowl and my brother had his newborn there and asked him not to smoke around her. Then he lit incense so SIL wouldn't smell it when she came. Ummm...pretty sure incense has more smoke than a little ole bowl

--Not that i smoke around DS, hence the vap

#204 of 319 Old 08-11-2010, 07:59 PM

I have to say, as much as I love the good herb, the one thing that pisses me off is when people smoke in the immediate vicinity of children (especially small ones who can't really get away). It drives me CRAZY. I totally understand smoking while your kids are at home, but in a different room with a fan on, please. I'm absolutely sure it's healthier than being around cigarette smoke, but I really don't like the idea of smoking around someone who can't give informed consent. [/rant] I'm sure that's not what you were talking about, but it's a peeve.

I did get to pass a pipe with a few friends last weekend, but as usual I'm without any herb. Weak. I think this would be a great time to live on the other side of the country, where herb is less expensive and generally of better quality.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#205 of 319 Old 08-11-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
I have to say, as much as I love the good herb, the one thing that pisses me off is when people smoke in the immediate vicinity of children (especially small ones who can't really get away). It drives me CRAZY. I totally understand smoking while your kids are at home, but in a different room with a fan on, please. I'm absolutely sure it's healthier than being around cigarette smoke, but I really don't like the idea of smoking around someone who can't give informed consent. [/rant] I'm sure that's not what you were talking about, but it's a peeve.

I did get to pass a pipe with a few friends last weekend, but as usual I'm without any herb. Weak. I think this would be a great time to live on the other side of the country, where herb is less expensive and generally of better quality.
Not sure if you were referring to me since my little ones know... but my husband (and me on occasion) usually smokes in the kitchen at the stove with the hood going... Of course, the kids usually come into the kitchen while he is smoking sometimes but he always blows it straight up the hood and I'm okay with that... the cig smoke is ALWAYS outside though. I would have him do it outside too if I wasn't so worried about the cops that cruise through our neighborhood every 5-10 minutes, lol.

Thinking about hitting a nice bowl tonight with my sweety and eating some yummy Apple Cinnamon Coffee cake I just whipped up. Yummy!

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#206 of 319 Old 08-11-2010, 11:04 PM

hello... i'm a MJ lover and self medicator for years. i am newly pg (6+ weeks) and i have been feeling yucky after i smoke more than one toke. maybe it's paranoia, maybe it's just a batch that gives the 'noids but i'm just not sure if i am going to continue to smoke through the pg. we've been wanting to get a vaporizor but now that i'm thinking of cutting down (DP says she will/wants to with me) i'm not sure it's a smart investment... although, if i change my mind and want to partake in a postprandial session then i should have one, right?! anyway, i digress...

just wanted to join, i've been lurking a while. has anyone had a similar experience? anyone care to share good stories about partaking while in the first tri?

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#207 of 319 Old 08-12-2010, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

eilowny, no no i agree, it is still smoke, whether it's equivalent to a candle burning, or incense things like that no idea, but lets not hotbox our children lol

mmm homemade apple cinnamon coffee cake

welcome wehrli, congrats on your pregnancy, thats wonderful. It could be the strain if your feeling like poop after you smoke, A vap is a good idea in pregnancy if you can swing it. I smoked in my first tri, I was so stressed out, I hated my baby's father, we could barely be in the same room, I eventually moved far away and didnt feel the need to smoke as much, but I missed it. I smoked only a couple of times in each trimester, I never had morning sickness so I didnt need cannabis to help that, just for stress and happiness. I thought it was good, my babe reaches most of his milestones much sooner, very, very happy and content, social, interactive all that. He's a good boy I enjoyed it in pregnancy, feels wonderful to be pregnant with cannabis

#208 of 319 Old 08-14-2010, 05:14 PM

Well, I managed to get some for dh to try. I mentioned it to some aquaintances and actually had 2 women say they could help me. I was just wondering if I got a deal, got overcharged or paid about normal. She asked for $20 & she gave me a baggie with not quite enough to cover the bottom. I don't know if that's enough description to get an idea how much she gave me?

Just desperately hoping it helps dh. And I think I will download the paperwork to start getting a card. He has 3 or 4 of the things that make you eligible, even without the not eating thing.

#209 of 319 Old 08-14-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
Well, I managed to get some for dh to try. I mentioned it to some aquaintances and actually had 2 women say they could help me. I was just wondering if I got a deal, got overcharged or paid about normal. She asked for $20 & she gave me a baggie with not quite enough to cover the bottom. I don't know if that's enough description to get an idea how much she gave me?

Just desperately hoping it helps dh. And I think I will download the paperwork to start getting a card. He has 3 or 4 of the things that make you eligible, even without the not eating thing.
Hope it helps him! As for the price, it's hard to say with the description but sounds about right. If it was the good stuff (kind bud, chronic, whatever you want to call it) there'd be barely any for that, so it's prob almost a quater of shwag, which, if it is that much, is a good price. Just like anything, the more you get at once, the cheaper it gets. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal, though, or, at least, you didn't get ripped off.
Hopefully he'll get the card soon, it's too bad it takes a while, but good he has something that should tide him over so he doesn't starve.

#210 of 319 Old 08-14-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page