Summer Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 319 Old 08-23-2010, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicali mami View Post
Perfect. This is my new plan. After over indulging for 15 years. I think I can do this. I tried it last night. One little toke and I was great. Although even that was a little much to be honest. I'll have to start with half a hit

So do you use pills in addition to smoking? I had to take some generic Xanax last night to go to sleep, I was super manic from stopping my meds. I was thinking to still take it to get to sleep and/or use the prozac when things got really bad.
I use prozac when things get really bad, but mostly I just use the weed. One thing I know is that many doctors advise against stopping prozac and other similar drugs cold turkey, you're supposed to wean off them. If the manic symptoms keep up you should talk to your doctor.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 319 Old 08-24-2010, 10:36 PM

we used to be fairly heavy smokers until just recently... around april i guess... i had gotten pregnant and then things didn't seem to be going well so i decided to cut-way-down/quit until i knew the pg was thriving... well it wasn't. but after our loss, we continued at our cut-down pace and we are enjoying it! it takes an effort sometimes not to just continue smoking for the sake of being "social" but it's easier and easier.
on another subject, somewhat related, we bought a vaporizor tonight! it is awesome. i don't feel guilty using a little now! maybe i can even sleep better tonight because early pregnancy is making me quite an insomniac...

can i ask a few questions??

can you burn pot with a vaporizer? ruining the goodness of vaping??

how do you know when it's "done" or "used up"?

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#243 of 319 Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 PM

I'm no expert and I don't own one. But from what I remember is that yes you can burn it and make smoke, if the temperature is too high. I think when it's all used up it's just super dry and crumbly...I used to like to roll joints out of the old vaporized greens...to quit smoking cigarettes naturally. They still work a little. But someone else on here will know more than me...this was years ago. I wish I had one.
#244 of 319 Old 08-25-2010, 05:17 PM
~D~

http://flashespublishers.com/files/p...th_holland.pdf

go to page two I can't believe I saw this in the local circular, made me

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#245 of 319 Old 08-25-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli View Post
we used to be fairly heavy smokers until just recently... around april i guess... i had gotten pregnant and then things didn't seem to be going well so i decided to cut-way-down/quit until i knew the pg was thriving... well it wasn't. but after our loss, we continued at our cut-down pace and we are enjoying it! it takes an effort sometimes not to just continue smoking for the sake of being "social" but it's easier and easier.
on another subject, somewhat related, we bought a vaporizor tonight! it is awesome. i don't feel guilty using a little now! maybe i can even sleep better tonight because early pregnancy is making me quite an insomniac...

can i ask a few questions??

can you burn pot with a vaporizer? ruining the goodness of vaping??

how do you know when it's "done" or "used up"?
Congrats on your new buy! I love mine! I think you can burn it but it's worth researching at what temps and how you know, etc. You'll know when it's done bc you just don't get a hit anymore, but then DH can smoke that or you can bake w/it.

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#246 of 319 Old 08-26-2010, 09:02 AM

Anyone have any resources for smoking while TTC? DH is a heavy smoker (several joints per day) and I do a couple of times a week and I wonder if maybe it really is effecting his mobility as I've heard it does or if that's just a myth (he does have 4 kids already after all and has always smoked) ... I also don't want to effect my own fertility with it either so I'd be curious if there are any other studies or resources that may suggest it does not.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#247 of 319 Old 08-26-2010, 11:13 AM

Someone posted this question a while back and don't know if they ever found any good studies on it. I do know that my DH is also a heavy smoker and always has been and I got preggers after just a month or two off the pill. We both smoked at the time, he was smoking a few joints/day then too. (has since cut back per my request). I would assume it's not really effecting your DH either, hence the 4 kiddos, but I'm no expert...

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#248 of 319 Old 08-28-2010, 11:47 PM

Hey all! I'm new to the forums but this is def where I belong. Mom to one daughter 7 expecting 2nd and hopefully find out in 10 days what this one is. My guy and I are daily blunt smokers and I'm 16wk5d. Good to find a place where smoking is not taboo!! I was diagnosed with hyperemesis 12wks ago but with a combo of zofran and MJ I'm surviving this journey. I have a Volcano but must admit to not really knowing much of anything about vaping.(best impulsive purchase of my life).I'd love to talk to some of you who vape regularly becuz I do feel guilty about the blunt not the MJ so alternatives would be cool. Other than that I'm just a cool down to earth momma who wants to do things a lil bit differently this time and is looking for like minded mommas to talk to!
#249 of 319 Old 08-29-2010, 02:30 PM

Regarding male fertility and MJ, my DH is a heavy smoker. One time I went for my yearly pap THREE DAYS after having sex and my gyno came back into the room laughing her AO because there was a live wiggly sperm on the slide!!!!

Ha ha! I think that is doing pretty good to nab a live wiggler off my cervix after three days.
#250 of 319 Old 08-29-2010, 10:20 PM
~D~

greenmulberry that is the funniest thing I've heard all day!

KelRus98 -
What about vaping do you need to know more about? I hope you find what you need here, thanks for joining!

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#251 of 319 Old 08-30-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmulberry View Post
Regarding male fertility and MJ, my DH is a heavy smoker. One time I went for my yearly pap THREE DAYS after having sex and my gyno came back into the room laughing her AO because there was a live wiggly sperm on the slide!!!!

Ha ha! I think that is doing pretty good to nab a live wiggler off my cervix after three days.

LMAO!!! that definitely makes me feel better! Thanks!

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#252 of 319 Old 08-30-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelRus98 View Post
Hey all! I'm new to the forums but this is def where I belong. Mom to one daughter 7 expecting 2nd and hopefully find out in 10 days what this one is. My guy and I are daily blunt smokers and I'm 16wk5d. Good to find a place where smoking is not taboo!! I was diagnosed with hyperemesis 12wks ago but with a combo of zofran and MJ I'm surviving this journey. I have a Volcano but must admit to not really knowing much of anything about vaping.(best impulsive purchase of my life).I'd love to talk to some of you who vape regularly becuz I do feel guilty about the blunt not the MJ so alternatives would be cool. Other than that I'm just a cool down to earth momma who wants to do things a lil bit differently this time and is looking for like minded mommas to talk to!
Thanks for coming, it's always nice to see a new name around here! I vap and know others that do on here (though have been lazy recently and just smokin off the pipe that DH loads at night) so let us know if you have questions!

#253 of 319 Old 09-05-2010, 01:18 PM

Hi Everyone! I have not posted here in a looooooong time. I just read up on most of the treads, you gals are full of a lot of insight and knowledge. I love it!

Does anyone have experience with the ioLite vape? My brother has an extra and is sending it to me. Bless him!! I read up online and it looks a little intimidating.

I have no idea what my siggy line is going to say but my kiddos are 12, 8 and 6... it's literally been years since Ive visited MDC until I thought of this tribe the other day and wanted to check in.

I dont have any close mama friends locally that partake and all my friends that do partake dont have kids.

I ususally go about it by ingestion.... my current fav is rice crispy treats because they are quick to make and don't smell up the house too much.

I've missed the connection this tribe provides and hope to be welcomed back with open arms.

Mom to 3 Married to geek.gif for 10 wonderful years luxlove.gif
13 af.gif 9 goodvibes.gifand 6coolshine.gif

#254 of 319 Old 09-05-2010, 02:53 PM

RE: TTC, my DH is a heavy smoker for over 20 years and I was really concerned about his motility since neither of us ever had any pregnancies occur. It took me 12 mos of TTC before I got a BFP, and I really think it had to do with Shettling---I was consistently getting 1-3 days before my O and consistently getting BFNs, the one month that I *finally* got it on the O we DTD'd twice and, what I believe, Shettled a boy. I always heard that potsmokers had more girls b/c the sperm was heartier, but I believe the male swimmers are the good ones, in my dh's case. I just had to catch one!

I feel out of the loop, I've never heard of vaping.
#255 of 319 Old 09-05-2010, 07:32 PM

Well I was a regular pot smoker back when we conceived DS. All it took was one shot with a cervical cap, and we got a boy.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#256 of 319 Old 09-05-2010, 09:42 PM

Boxofrainmama!

analogwife!

Good to half you both!
AFM, I just got a QP

#257 of 319 Old 09-05-2010, 09:47 PM

Have, good to have you both

(I could have edited, but wanted to show you all how well the qp works)

#258 of 319 Old 09-05-2010, 09:52 PM

Hope everyone's having a good holiday weekend!

#259 of 319 Old 09-05-2010, 10:51 PM

I enjoyed reading the posts about older children. I am dealing with this issue knee deep. My DD (12) goes to public jr high. In one of her classes she heard a boy talking about how he had "drugs" in his shoe and who he bought it from. This totally freaked her out that it was at her school. So she went to her school social worker and told them everything she heard. They ended up arresting both boys at school and suspending them both for a week. The school quietly gave her an award for making the school a better place. We praised her and told her she did the right thing. Kids should not be using MJ.

There is NO WAY I can out myself to her anytime soon.... Im working on slowly teaching her about medicinal MJ, and we talk about how its legal in some states. Im just trying to make her more comfortable with the plant as a plant not a drug then hopefully in a few years we will be able to be more open. But right now, we live in a state where MJ is illegal and we cant risk her knowing anything.

We took the kids to a music festival this summer and there were people puffing all around us. It really worried her that she might get a contact high or something. It didnt phase the other 2 kids one bit.

Oh this motherhood gig, it aint easy!

#260 of 319 Old 09-07-2010, 09:53 PM

Hey box of rain... I'd love to get that rice krispie treat recipe... I have never tried cooking with MJ before.. but I know I'm missing out. Vaping is using a vaporizer to partake! My questions about vaping range from correct temp questions to what quality is best for vaping?? Some one talked about double baking and the leftovers to make hash.. my Volcano was an impulse buy but I love it!!! Would love to love it more!!!
#261 of 319 Old 09-08-2010, 10:15 AM

I buy ghee already made but here is a website that shows how to make it http://forum.grasscity.com/recreatio...made-easy.html
Then I use the ghee in place of butter for recipes....but usually use a little extra

#262 of 319 Old 09-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Has anyone ever been to Amsterdam? We are headed there without children next June for 3 days and Im so looking forward to it. DH doesn't partake but he says he might be game for a space cake or something

We will also be spending time in Germany, anyone know anything about the laws there? As much as I know its somewhat decriminalized but at discretion based on situation <?> I have a lot of research ahead of me I think...

#263 of 319 Old 09-12-2010, 10:28 AM

Amsterdam !!!!!!!!!

im so so jealous really - we live in Tokyo and the place is DRYYYYY !!! havent smoked for 2 almost 3 months and since this is my second time pregnancy i could really reallllly use a puff after putting the little charmo to sleep .
regarding Germany - i lived in Berlin about 6 years ago -its a great place!
the law is now allowing smoking it freely in berlin i am not so sure about the rest of Germany.
i think these links can help

http://www.hanfhaus-kreuzberg.de/html/home.htm

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g...Vacations.html

Enjoy !!!
#264 of 319 Old 09-12-2010, 10:49 AM

We went to Amsterdam ~8-9 years ago. If you get there by train (incl. from the airport) I think I remember that many of the coffee shops are in walking distance. I was a little disappointed that it was mostly Americans in them but my DH learned that there's another section of town (not nearby) where the locals hang and it's the music scene, etc. Personally, I would keep the space cake away if I wasn't accustomed to getting high, it'd probably be worse than smoking it (but that's just me.) Have fun!!!
#265 of 319 Old 09-12-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

analogwife!

Thank you!
#266 of 319 Old 09-12-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfRainMama View Post
Has anyone ever been to Amsterdam? We are headed there without children next June for 3 days and Im so looking forward to it. DH doesn't partake but he says he might be game for a space cake or something

We will also be spending time in Germany, anyone know anything about the laws there? As much as I know its somewhat decriminalized but at discretion based on situation <?> I have a lot of research ahead of me I think...
rent a bike. i think we got two of them for the week for 75-80 euro.

there are fantastic bike lanes. people know how to use their bells. there are trailers for children. the cars are courteous. it's a great way to see the city.

i wouldn't reccommend bike riding while high, in a foreign city, with kids though. if you're gonna smoke and tour...then just walk around.

red light district, anne frank **** and many other attractions were all very near each other. there are coffee shops dispersed all over the place. lots of nice restaurants. falafal carts EVERYWHERE!!!

take the train from the airport. it's easy and not a long ride at all. you may want to make sure you don't have much luggage though, as you'll have to cart it around yourself.

and i agree with a pp re: space cake. eating MJ ends up being WAY more intense. Have him eat 1/4 to 1/2 of a piece and wait 20-30 minutes to see how he feels. Especially if he doesn't usually partake.

one thing i regret? hmmmm...buying too much weed. unless you're really a connoisseur don't bother tasting every.single.strain. you won't be able to smoke it all and if you try you run the risk of burning yourself out and not seeing the sights of the city 'cuz you're too tired.

the best thing we did while we were there? a flea market a little ways out of the city. (like 10 minutes) and a small jazz fest. INFACT> make sure you find out what kind of these little events are going on...because the museums and stuff that people usually go see had long lines and were kind of boring!! but the small street shows and vendors were GREAT!

if you buy anything for consuming mj don't smoke out of it until you get it home.

make sure you try panekoken (sp? but it's dutch pancakes)

mushrooms are legal there too...just so you know!!

that's all i can think of right now. have a great time!!

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
#267 of 319 Old 09-12-2010, 01:43 PM

Hey there. I'm back I haven't smoked in about 1.5 years, because I was pregnant and nursing a ton. But lately I've been craving the sweet mellowness that makes me a better Mama (especially when dealing with bedtimes) So I am working on getting my card!

DH is going to be my caregiver, and we're going to start growing again

We've never ordered seeds before (there never used to be an option!) does anyone have any recommendations? We're in Oregon if it makes any difference. What are the laws for ordering seeds, from say, Canada? Or should we just find a good seed bank here in the States?

We want to grow a couple indica and a couple sativa, does anyone have any recommendations/favorites?

TIA and it's so good to be back

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#268 of 319 Old 09-12-2010, 09:59 PM

Wow lots of great Amsterdam insight!! Thanks mama's!! I definitely want to see some sights and we have to make sure we dont miss our boat on day 3. I dont smoke a ton as is so I will definitely limit my purchases. We can book an Anne Frank tour through the cruise company... I would love to visit there as I have always felt a connection to her story...but I am TOTALLY claustrophobic!! So Im not sure I could handle it. Im also interested in touring Cannabis Castle.... I just read a short paragraph on it lastnight in my book Cannabis Trips and want to look into it more. We have been booked on this trip since March so it feels like its actually getting closer

#269 of 319 Old 09-13-2010, 11:09 AM

I remember the Anne Frank museum being surprisingly bright and not-claustrophoby, but my memory kind of stinks. There are parts when you realize "whoa." and it's pretty intense, but something you gotta do. Or the Museum of Torture, oh my!

We live in a state that just approved medicinal m. and there's been a lot of red tape getting it through, I am relying on my DH to feel around to see what's going on, but I did find out that our locally planned dispensary is a 10 minute walk from here.
#270 of 319 Old 09-13-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogWife View Post

We live in a state that just approved medicinal m. and there's been a lot of red tape getting it through, I am relying on my DH to feel around to see what's going on, but I did find out that our locally planned dispensary is a 10 minute walk from here.
...Jealous, but happy for you!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page