Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Agreed! Whole-heartedly!

#62 of 123 Old 12-28-2010, 08:57 PM

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you all and thank you for your replies. We do have an open dialogue going on about many things, she is aware of the healing properties of cannabis and all the other things that can be done w/ the plant. In fact we have a few different sets friends who have  moved to RI to cultivate medicinal Marijuana. I think DH and I have decided that we are just going to have to limit her time out w/ her friends and find more activities for her to get involved with. As for me, I have been partaking a little more frequently, as I find it is the best way to deal w/ stress headaches, and unbelievable so- as well, I find I am so much more productive in the late evening when the kiddos have gone off to bed, and then I sleep much better! Peace all :)

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

#63 of 123 Old 01-01-2011, 11:12 AM

hey milkimommy hola.gif!  i haven't been around these parts in a looooong time either ~ and you're the only name i recognize from a couple of years ago ~ and with that said, you probably remember the mothering mj mama who had her newborn taken by cps after being randomly tested upon delivery?  this was happening in texas about 3 years or more ago.  she was on state aid and it had something to do with that. 

it sounds like you have private coverage, peachy green, and kaiser is pretty open-minded, generally speaking, so that may help.  it also sounds like you have plenty of time to clean out your system.  you're smart to do your research.

samuraimom, my parents were big herb smokers while i was growing up.  my mom definitely still is.  they were always open and honest with us about all angles.  we weren't allowed to smoke until we were 18 and our brains and bodies got their fair chances to grow.  while this isn't necessarily how it happened, as half of us weren't the best listeners, i always thought it was a logical rule.  not sure how i'll handle it when the time comes, though.  i do feel that waiting makes the most intelligent sense...i mean we eat organic, don't vax...many things...to do what's best by our kids...and good, healthy guidelines that help them grow into their full potential falls in line with the belief dh and i have about helping to create an environment for our kids that nurtures them, nourishes them, and gives them the opportunity to flourish in their fullness.

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

#64 of 123 Old 01-03-2011, 08:53 PM

Hello I am new here and scared to death right now that any day CPS will be knocking on my door.

I have a question for the community. I have smoked marijuana since I was 15. I have Neurofibromatosis and have constant pain in my nerves and severe back pain. Pills either throw me into hives or aniflixas or I pass out and sleep for hours and hours.

I found out I am pregnant, and saw my doctor at 8 weeks. Now this OBGYN I was honest with she asked after my first blood test if I smoke marijuana. I said yes, but I quit when I found out I was pregnant. This is true mind you. She said she has to file a report with CPS here in CA and that I will be tested at each appointment, and again at birth of my child. The child will be tested and if positive the child will be taken away. I sat right there while the NP filled out a report and asked me how long I have smoked, how much do I smoke, do I smoke around my kid, why I smoke, and then lectured me for about 45 minutes.

Since I have stopped smoking I have severe pain, can barley use my hands due to Glomus Tumors on the nerves of every finger. It kills me to sit here and type this even. I am having so much anexity I can't breathe half the time. I am stressed out and can't sleep. I have such bad morning sickness all freaking day long. I mean I need to smoke, for real, I really do. It is the only thing that helps me.

My question is in CA can they really take my child away because of a positive MJ test? I mean we are good parents, I have another child who is so well behaved and we provide a wonderful loving home. I am never "stoned" around my kid to the point I can not care for him. I take a few hits in the AM to help with pain and at night to help with pain.

What is going to happen? Anyone else ever have this happen? I never drink, never pop pills, and never use any other drug other than MJ. Is my kids really going to be taken away? Are they that serious and my Dr is so demeaning to me and treats me like a herion addict. My script expired and the doctor will not renew me because I am pregnant. So what can I do, anyone ever hear of this or have this happen?

Thanks so much if anyone can please help me.

#65 of 123 Old 01-03-2011, 11:05 PM

Do you live in one of the states with a medical law, Tinkie?

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#66 of 123 Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 PM

Yes I live in CA.

#67 of 123 Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 AM

Oh, wow, Tinkie, hug2.gif...wish I could help you, that's really awful. My best advice is to see another OBGYN, or, better yet, a midwife. MWs are more understanding usually and many really understand the benefits. Can you find a different doc to prescribe the MJ, or is it not allowed for preggers? Honestly I would get it any way I could if I were in your circumstances and couldn't do it legally, you sound miserable and that's harmful for not only you but both your children:(. Will you keep us posted?

AFM, we made it to sunny AZ were the MJ is abundant and decent. I loooooove the sun!!

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#68 of 123 Old 01-08-2011, 04:07 PM

Thanks, yes I am feeling horrible and the pain in my hands just keeps getting worse. I can't change insurance or have a midwife becasue I have CA AIM insurance. I pay 1.5% of our income so that I can get insurance. I have to choose a Doctor from thier list and the only one near me is this one that I am seeing. All the others are at least a 45 min to an hour drive away. Plus having a midwife or home birth is out of the question. I had my son and was in labor for 27.5 hours, and pushed for 2.75 hours. He got lodged in me and the doctors did nothing. I bled and bled too. I go back to the Dr on the 18th and I know I will test dirty, even though I have not used since Thanksgiving. I've smoked daily for over 19 years, so I know it will take at least 2 or 3 months to get out of my system, and they do both a blood and urine test. :(  I was told as well that MJ may be legal in CA, but as far as smoking when you have children in the home or are pregnant it is considered Felony Child Endergament. :(

#69 of 123 Old 01-09-2011, 11:35 AM

Hi Tinkie. I'm so sorry for what you're dealing with. Here is a link that may help a little. It's about the current laws regarding testing and reporting in each state. It's updates every month from what I can tell. http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_SADP.pdf
mamamoonbirth likes this.
#70 of 123 Old 01-09-2011, 02:04 PM
~D~

Hello again all! I've been gone for waaaay too long redface.gif I've missed everyone so! grouphug.gif

I finally finished school in October and was working until about a week ago when I was laid off. So, now I have more time to catch up with all of you!

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#71 of 123 Old 01-10-2011, 02:05 PM

Hi Dianawelcomeback.gif, I was wondering where you've been! sorry about the job, though :(

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#72 of 123 Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM

Tinkie,

Call Alison Osborn, Midwife in Grass Valley, for advise.  And update your prescrip with another doctor, asap.

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

#73 of 123 Old 01-19-2011, 02:53 PM

I got in trouble on another forum today for vaguely mention needing my "stress reliever" that my hubby has neglected to bring me. I am insanely stressed right now, and am dealing with more than i feel than I can handle. I am trying to get back  in for therapy (although not the med dr since MJ works better and I dont have to take it EVERY day) but they dont have any openings until the end of March. I am supposed to be moving again in June, so It is almost like what is the point, you know? But I have to try something. They deleted my whole thread on the other board, or I would copy/paste everything that is going on. I am in too good of a mood (for me) to type it all out today. 

I will try to be more frequent on here :)

jeneca mommy to kamille, 6 lexi, 4
#3 due 2/28/12

#74 of 123 Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 AM

High, everyone! orngtongue.gif

libranbutterfly- Hope things get better/easier soon.  I can't believe they deleted your thread.

D- Congrats on finishing school!  I am in my second semester, and loving it!

Hey, does anyone have any good recs for info on med mary in MI?  I am planning on getting my card soon and would like to read up on all the laws from a reputable source.  Myself and my friends have seen many different things in regards to the law. 

Anyways, hope everyone is well!

LeeAnn )O( Earth mama treehugger.gif and mother to DD Leela (9), DSD Ari (9), DD Zen (7), DS Gabrael Riot (4!)
Self preservation is a full time occupation! namaste.gif

#75 of 123 Old 01-24-2011, 06:22 AM

Just wanted to stop by to say a quick hi...this thread has been lagging lately! Well, we're in sunny, warm AZ now and loving every minute of it! We will be looking for a house w/some land and looking into growing our own. Hopefully legally, but AZ has yet to get their act together about it, so I have some researching to do.

Mama2rio-I think you're in a gentle moms grp I'm in-is that you? I'm sure we'll meet soon!

#76 of 123 Old 01-25-2011, 11:57 AM

I am so excited to find this group!  My husband and I are both regular users, and activists.  We partake both recreationally, and for medicinal purposes.  It is also an important part of our spiritual lives.  I was very happy when I found out that my HMO doesn't drug test.  MJ is the only thing that helps my morning sickness.  I still may have to deal with testing in the hospital, so I will probably have to stop a few months before birth.

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#77 of 123 Old 01-25-2011, 02:37 PM

D- congrats on finishing school, hope you get a new job soon. best of luck.

Yippie-that's me :) happy you found that group (as did i). i've been in another ap group for over a year, and a lot of mama's are joining the new group now.  i'm hoping to make it to a few things, but i'm way on the outskirts of the valley and i work full time, so it's hard right now.

hubby just got a new job at whole foods! i'm so happy about the discount. on the application for whole foods, they ask if you've been convicted of a felon, but then goes on to say mj doesn't count. really cool company in my book treehugger.gif  we'll see how this job goes, i really thought he would never go back to food again, but neither of us are really having much luck finding jobs outside the home.

#78 of 123 Old 01-28-2011, 07:56 AM

Welcome.gifGreencarnation! It really helped my terrible morning sickness during pregnancy, too!

mama2rio-congrats about the job, that would be nice to have a discount at WF! I've noticed they've dropped a lot of their prices so I've been happy w/them recently too.

#79 of 123 Old 01-28-2011, 09:21 AM

Hello ladies!!

I'm not the best at forums. Just not a dedicated computer communicator. That said, I'm so glad this thread is here. Just knowing you're all out there helps with any anxiety I have about smoking. We do it in the evening, nearly every day. Sometimes a little in the afternoon on the weekends. Aside from the occasional panic about getting in trouble for being a 'bad druggie mother', I find it really helps me mellow and focus. I have general anxiety, which makes mothering hard some days (esp focusing on my kids instead of obsessing over something or other).

Comment/question. DH loves the big city hydro, which gives a crazy buzz. He's a bit of a nut for it, identifying strains by taste, etc. It's cute.  I'm more into the outdoor, country grown, milder stuff. DH thinks I should just take less hoots of his, but I don't think that's it. Anyone else? Might ask DH to start looking for other sources for me. He will cause he's super sweet like that. I don't do any looking/buying anything. Wouldn't want to tarnish my halo! lol

cosleeping, non vaxing, cloth diapering, peace loving, life learning, at home, single mama to two beautiful girls born Jan '06 and Nov '09

#80 of 123 Old 01-29-2011, 05:04 AM

Different strains will give you a different buzz, so just smoking less of one will not necessarily give you the buzz you're looking for. I have the 'Big Book of Buds' and love reading about the different types and how they make you feel.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#81 of 123 Old 01-31-2011, 11:52 PM

Hello ladies. I had a completely hellish day today, the sort that just screams for a toke or six to be functional (to say nothing of 'unwinding'). I don't think the most tightly-wound of straight edges would have begrudged me a toke today, it was just horrendously stressful all around. My car got stuck in snow and ice at the end, so just when I thought the hell was over I had to stand out in the snow for an hour and a half while my sister's boyfriend and her brother and I worked to free my vehicle. shake.gifI'm having trouble unwinding even now-- I should be exhausted enough to be miserable about the fact that I'm awake, but I'm still stuck on the day from hell.

So: How do you go about finding a source? I'm tired of screaming all the time, but I just can't get past the stress to focus when I'm in the thick of it (or at any other time, apparently :().

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#82 of 123 Old 02-01-2011, 02:00 AM

I just noticed this tribe. It is to bad atleast  hemp is not permitted. I saw a PBS story on native americans growing it,and just before harvest the US govt. would come in and cut it all down and trash it. What a waste.It would be a good income crop that has many uses.AND hello it doesn't even get you high,but alas the law says no growing hemp.

I think being your own go to for cannabis is your best option rather than relying on others for supply.In the least a gardenning friend can grow some for you!

My brother wanted to get a growers permit,but they(atleast in CO)  costs thousands ,and you constantly risk being arrested due to state/fed laws that  the govt just HOPE you break.So even with a permit you can go to jail.

My OP is that cannabis causes less issues than alcohol.

#83 of 123 Old 02-03-2011, 11:05 AM

Hi ladies - long time - I havent been on here and man it looks different LOL . Hate to say it to ti keep he ladies that are PG and worried but at the hospital  we tested positive ( I was honest with my OB who told me it wouldn't hurt me as much as the continuing of weight loss , but had to test me regularly to prove I wasn't on "real" drugs) Then the hospital totally lost their schmit and put my baby in an isolation chamber for "withdrawls" which I fought them like crazy about until they released her and the filed CPS charges that stated not only was I an "addict" but was horrible enough to research and defend it wild.gif  CPS came over unannounced for weeks - sometimes bringing the police with them . I had to go to drug counseling , get tested , and relapse prevention group therapy for a year. We had to hire a lawyer and go to court. My husband - who is an awesome father - refused the programs as he was getting his medical card and our lawyer was good at  his defense , but he wasn't allowed alone with her , even for me to shower , under court law and with CPS and cops showing up whenever they saw fit it was very difficult. At any time if I failed a test they told me shed be removed from the house immediately as no sober adult would be there.

It was Hell

But I still think my mistake was in my honesty and the fact that I was educated instead of lead around by the government . I wouldn't chance it again tho. Sorry it was s long blahblah.gif

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#84 of 123 Old 02-10-2011, 11:19 AM

My husband wants me to find out if the hospital we plan to birth at will drug test me or the baby. If not, he thinks it will be better for my mental health to keep smoking. I am worried if I ask, especially in person, the will be suspicous. Do you think I could make an anonymous call?

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

#85 of 123 Old 02-11-2011, 04:49 PM

Hmmm...definitely don't ask in person! An anon call might work, but who knows if you'll get the right info. Make sure there's no way to trace your call, ppl get crazy about this sort of thing. You, know, cuz you're a horrid person for smoking some weedeyesroll.gif

#86 of 123 Old 02-12-2011, 02:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hey there... haven't posted in this tribe for years!

Greencarnation, as much as it sucks, it's probably best to assume that they do test. guilty.gif

Mama to Munchkin  and Chickadee ...and co-parent to 3 additional bundles of energy!
#87 of 123 Old 02-25-2011, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Oh, no!  I killed the thread!  bawling.gif

Mama to Munchkin  and Chickadee ...and co-parent to 3 additional bundles of energy!
#88 of 123 Old 02-26-2011, 06:14 PM

OK, I'll keep us going;)...I got to have some medical today, yum! I've been sitting on a yummy treat someone got us from a cali store, maybe we'll eat that one tomorrow and make it a good weekend! Though, I feel so lucky to have a good source. I really get a good high from my regular stuff that the medical stuff isn't that much better. But, of course, tastes good, so there's that:)

#89 of 123 Old 03-06-2011, 10:02 PM

Hi ladies! I just wanted to come back and update on our situation.

DD2 was born Feb 4 @ 9:42pm! I was 38/6 when I went into labor(had a scheduled C-sec on the 8th). DD was 7lbs 9oz and 19 3/4in and had(still does) a full head of dark hair. Perfect and beautiful! I had a great experience with the C-sec this time and have been healing much faster than I did the first time. No vbac for me, I just do not progress well! Dr wouldn't do pitocin because I was only 9mo pp when I got pregnant again and she was concerned about rupture. Well, my contractions had be coming and going for days and then on Feb 4 they were the real thing finally and coming 2-3 min apart lasting 1-1 1/2 min and I was still only dilated to 1 1/2 and 50%! Sigh! Oh well! She's here and healthy, that's what's important.

I was NOT tested at the hospital! I wouldn't have passed if I had been b/c I caved the week before from all the pain and uncomfortableness I was dealing with. We had a great stay at the hospital, there for 4 days. I obtained my medical records back in Jan and there was no evidence that I'd ever been tested at my OB's office either. All is well!

Greencarnation- I called my delivering hospital anonymously, asked to speak with a nurse in L&D and just straight forward asked her what the policy was. As far as I know(and my experience reflects) she was totally honest when she said it was only done upon suspicion, patient's Dr's orders, or if patient admitted to use. Don't be afraid to call and find out your hospital's policy! HTH!

smile.gif

BettinaAuSucre likes this.
#90 of 123 Old 03-07-2011, 12:37 PM

Congrats, Peachy Green!! Hope you are having a fabulous babymoon...glad to hear it worked out:)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page