Mothering Forum banner

Autumn & Winter Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers

13K views 122 replies 51 participants last post by  StephanieAC 
#1 ·
Welcome to Autumn Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers

Our Standing Message:
Our purpose is to Support, Educate & Share information regarding the Many Common & UnCommon Uses and Abuses of Cannabis/Marijuana.

We speak about News Currents, Media, "Medical" Marijuana, State Legislation, Parenting, Breastfeeding, Legal Issues, Spirituality, Plant Uses and Preparations, Opinion, Fact and Truth.

We promote the use of this wonderful Medicinal Plant for Appetite Stimulant, Spiritual Centering, Treating the symptoms of Morning Sickness, Chronic pain, Glaucoma and possibly Curing/Reversing Cancer, AIDS etc... Countless Citizens find this plant medically useful and less harmful than disease causing prescription and over the counter DRUGS.

We are also discussing Hemp another misunderstood plant & seed, which has many wonderful non-medicinal uses < Fiber, Fuel, Plastics, Nutritional Value etc...> This is also illegal to cultivate in much of the U.S.
Also the subjects of spending less money on the "WAR" against Marijuana.
Many governments attempt to mis-inform and discourage Right Education and Safe Access to Marijuana. We Say... Use all things in harmony with yourself and others.

As this is a public forum and may be viewed by anyone with internet access, please be mindful what you post on this topic. Everyone has different comfort levels and we don't want to discourage anyone from joining us.

Welcome to our forum, newcomers, and enjoy!

Resource List under construction, PM me for suggestions

See less See more
#103 ·
Hi all!

Man, is it good to see some fellow Tokers who are also good mommys! :D

I'm Holly, and I have 5 small kids (ages 6 and under).... Can you guess why I need MJ sometimes? ;) I never even dreamed of using MJ until I was married, lol. And now DH and I vape probably 3 nights a week, just to kick back, relax, get a better sleep, and just generally feel good. :) It's not legal up here in Canada either, which stinks.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!!

#104 ·
Teenager decides to celebrate 4/20. We have always been open about our medicinal herbs. We made it very clear that we would rather her do it at home rather than with friends out of the house. Wrong place, wrong time can get you in big trouble. Lately the 'synthetic' products on the market have put some teens in our local highschool in the hospital. When we were teens, it could get "dusted" with whatever, so scary right. The offer had been on the table for some time, but I think she's finally gonna take us up on that. Our only disclaimer is that does not mean we advocate doing this with friends, at all. Does it seem hypocritical to keep it all in the family? .

#105 ·
Welcome.gif
newbies!

Halls, 5 under 6 -- WOW! I can't imagine...

homeblossom - I don't think that's hypocritical, being hypocritical would be telling her she can't ever do it though you do. How old is she? I do know that some say there are lasting effects if under 18, but I get what you're saying, wanting her to try it at home before getting some crap that who knows what's in w/friends. I have no idea how i'll handle it when the time comes...luckily I have plenty of time (hopefully, right?!) DH started smoking w/his mom at 15...she's a heavy smoker and so is he and they have a great relationship. Though, he has a real memory issue, so who knows where that's from. Really, what the heck else are you supposed to do??

Anyone celebrating 420? DH will be out of town:( Maybe we'll celebrate 420/earth day together when he gets home on Fri...I'll have to think of something fun...

#107 ·
Ok Ladies, ive got a question..

I have a friend whose been smoking for quite sometime. She didnt smoke during her first pregnancy...but this second one is almost intolerable without MJ. She's got severe anxiety and appetite issues, and is against any type of pharm drugs. She's 18 weeks now, but scared to continue smoking, because she has heard from someone that CPS can take your child if the meconium is tested, and marijuana is shown positive. We live in TN, and ive tried to research this question for weeks with no results. Ive been told that CPS only worries with other "bad" drugs...because no studies can prove that MJ has negative effects during pregnancy. She is just worried about losing the child, or having to deal with CPS issues...I, however, am more concerned with her sanity if she has to quit... Its the only thing that brings her out of severe depression and extreme anxiety episodes that last for days without smoking...Any replies will be GREATLY appreciated!

#108 ·
I'm in GA and a midwife told me that she had a client who's baby was taken away b/c she tested positive for MJ. They actually talked her into inducing labor when she went into the hospital with a pain at 37 weeks (ended up being gas) and waited till after the baby was born to inform her they had run a drug test. Your friend should be very careful. If she goes into a hospital for any reason and they test she could lose the child. Not worth it to me, too bad we don't live in a sane society. It's okay for women to be given drugs that stay in the babies system for weeks after birth in a hospital but not to take something natural that has similar if milder effects.

#109 ·
I'm in GA and a midwife told me that she had a client who's baby was taken away b/c she tested positive for MJ. They actually talked her into inducing labor when she went into the hospital with a pain at 37 weeks (ended up being gas) and waited till after the baby was born to inform her they had run a drug test. Your friend should be very careful. If she goes into a hospital for any reason and they test she could lose the child.

#110 ·
Hi Mj mamas, I have an mj question, its related to mj in breastfeeding, and dd cbc blood test results. She had a not so low but low 4500 leucocytes and 244000 plaquets, her ped said they were low and might have to be checked again later because that is not norma, and hopefully they would be up again, cause if not we would have to test to see whats wrong.

He asked if she had just had a cold or some viral infection, that might be the cause, but it is not the case, she is super healthy.

I just wonder if Mj would have anything to do with a low leucocyte (which is like the white blood cells that fight infection) has to do with the immune system, and I remember i had read many articles saying how mj would compromise immune system.

So I was a little concerned about that, and ive stopped smoking to see if it improves, but i miss it and im not sure if it has anything to do or is it even necessary to stop.

????? Thanks

#116 ·
My labor went to so quickly that I didn't even have time to think about that! I would love to hear stories of mama's who did! Did you feel everything more intensely or did you feel more zoned?

#118 ·
lol cinnamongrl

Ive heard of medicating for labour....hmmm, need some google searched to see where

i was interested in giving it a go with mine, however i was having a hospital birth and I had to much family around who would have FREAKED out

I didnt smoke very much at all during pregnancy, I had a time where it gave me intense braxton hicks at 6 months...which scared me, but i do have times where I felt so in love and connected with my big baby belly

I havent smoked in 6 weeks or so now, I am missing it, i want to centre myself again but it's way to much money! What happened! lol its now gram for gram cost, unless you get terrible stuff, everyone justifies cost by saying "no no its "kush" though" right.....just like "this is bc bud man.." unless you've smoked BC bud before....in bc, its laughable

$70-$80 for a quarter? you can KEEP it lol especially alot of these people are involved with other drugs, yuck, i dont want to support that, I am picky on who im supporting when I buy

How much does everyone go through a month? I was doing great, where a quarter (its only me who smokes) lasts me about a month, includes a week of smoking roach spliffs as well, and smoking twice a day (roll a 1 paper, out it and relight the next time)

I wish I could get my card, its just i have no chronic issues, havent been diagnosed with anxiety or anything like that, so im outta luck

#120 ·
ahh yippiehippie, your house or mine?

lol meaning we got both threads going...what should we do, make a new...or..pick one...or just see w/e the most active one is?

#122 ·
Welcome csuusc! Im glad you found a tribe! I was so happy and shocked there was a cannabis thread on MDC, its awesome

I have a great friend who gave me a bit of bud! Havent purchased any for a while now, its not so great, weak outdoor, but limited side effects and easy come down, so its nice to have some herb back in my life

My mom was telling me about a man they work with in the community who's wife is a open avid smoker and practising pagan, Im like hook me up!! I want to meet her! lol Never know what could come out of meeting a fellow smoker

Has anyone been browsing resources lately?

I signed up for the vote hemp page on facebook, updates you on the current state of industrial hemp laws

any other good ones to reccommend?

Peace.gif

#123 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

Well, we're moving back to AZ in Jan (
) so bummed it's still not legal (not that I thought it would pass), but excited it was kinda close. AND my old midwife that I had to leave posted on FB how she was upset about it too! Yay!! I don't remember who was posting about whether or not to tell her MW that she smokes, but now I know I'll be safe doing it when the time comes! It's so nice when you discover another person for marijuana
, medicinal or recreational. (though I kinda consider all MJ use medicinal, even if the user is taking advantage)

There seem to be quite a few newbies, welcome, all!!!!!
Another newbie here. I am tired of the pills that are killing my liver and offering me zero relief of my symptoms. I suffer from alot of things. Most all cause chronic debilitating pain. I am at the end of my rope. I just got moved to Virginia and so would not know where to go to get a script or even find a "hook up" person. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.