Mothering Forum banner

Autumn & Winter Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers

13K views 122 replies 51 participants last post by  StephanieAC 
#1 ·
Welcome to Autumn Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers

Our Standing Message:
Our purpose is to Support, Educate & Share information regarding the Many Common & UnCommon Uses and Abuses of Cannabis/Marijuana.

We speak about News Currents, Media, "Medical" Marijuana, State Legislation, Parenting, Breastfeeding, Legal Issues, Spirituality, Plant Uses and Preparations, Opinion, Fact and Truth.

We promote the use of this wonderful Medicinal Plant for Appetite Stimulant, Spiritual Centering, Treating the symptoms of Morning Sickness, Chronic pain, Glaucoma and possibly Curing/Reversing Cancer, AIDS etc... Countless Citizens find this plant medically useful and less harmful than disease causing prescription and over the counter DRUGS.

We are also discussing Hemp another misunderstood plant & seed, which has many wonderful non-medicinal uses < Fiber, Fuel, Plastics, Nutritional Value etc...> This is also illegal to cultivate in much of the U.S.
Also the subjects of spending less money on the "WAR" against Marijuana.
Many governments attempt to mis-inform and discourage Right Education and Safe Access to Marijuana. We Say... Use all things in harmony with yourself and others.

As this is a public forum and may be viewed by anyone with internet access, please be mindful what you post on this topic. Everyone has different comfort levels and we don't want to discourage anyone from joining us.

Welcome to our forum, newcomers, and enjoy!

Resource List under construction, PM me for suggestions

See less See more
#2 ·
I've combined our thread through autumn and winter

Where I am, it may be October, but we've had snow.

Welcome back ladies and come on in new interests

#5 ·
Subbing here too, it's getting cold here, but it's been so sunny that no one is complaining. Looking forward to winter though, the youngest girls just started really to really love tobogganing late last year. Can't wait.

I'll start with a question -

Where you live....how much do doctors typically prescribe for medical marijuana? Are they required to exhaust all other avenues before prescribing it?

#8 ·
Thanks for handling the new thread, canadianhippie.
joyfullgrrl-I don't have an answer for you...many of us on here are not living in legal states
I think it really depends on your doc, though.

Bring on the autumn leaves! Got some great pics of my lil guy in the carrier on DH's back in the woods the other day, and saw some deer, lovin it! (but, please, wait, snow and cold weather
, hate it!)

#9 ·
Very interesting article from NPR on the California legal debate. Interesting especially for me, since I'm from CA originally, and did *a lot* of my smoking there

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=130755883

I'm curious - what are your thoughts?

This law differs significantly from the law in AK, where I currently live. Here it's legal to possess up to 1 ounce and grow up to 4 plants, but illegal to exchange for money or give to friends. So, essentially, getting it is illegal, but having it isn't.

From the article, it seems that the CA law would have dispensaries, and has reverse support from what one would suspect with legalized marijuana. I'd be interested to know how other countries handle it too, like the Netherlands and Canada.

You'll recall I don't smoke, but DH does daily and I'm in favor of it as an awesome plant with multiple uses
!

#10 ·
Well, I'm in a rotten mood today. I was planning to go out of town this weekend and at the very least pass a bowl with some friends, but Mike spent the gas money I was going to need.
A word of advice: If you're already spending someone's weed money (and he was, and he knew it), don't turn around and do something you were explicitly instructed not to do (like spend their gas money, too) which you KNOW will tick them off. Now I need a hit more than ever and I have no chance of getting anywhere. Grrr! [/rant]

I'll read the article later (I'm very curious!) but I shouldn't be online at all right now. . . I just really needed to get that off of my chest. :/

#11 ·
There was a woman from RI that posted she was having legal issues . I wanted so say that I am a part of RIPAC and we have some great resources to helping people get their card stuff together. The one thing we cant do is compile a list of willing Drs. I do know that there is a holistic Dr in Pawtucket specializing in herbal treatments that is big fan of yoga and MJ as treatments. If you need more help then that I can try to get more info . So sorry you have to deal with this

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
There was a woman from RI that posted she was having legal issues . I wanted so say that I am a part of RIPAC and we have some great resources to helping people get their card stuff together. The one thing we cant do is compile a list of willing Drs. I do know that there is a holistic Dr in Pawtucket specializing in herbal treatments that is big fan of yoga and MJ as treatments. If you need more help then that I can try to get more info . So sorry you have to deal with this

Hi that's me.Thank you.Any info you could give me would be great.I've basically run out of time for my SSI hearing as it's Nov 9th,but I still want to look into getting the card of course.I just hope I can get through this hearing,I am so scared.I haven't smoked in a month,just in case,and I feel terrible.Nobody thinks they will test me,but you never know,especially since this judge is a former prosecutor.All this because a former therapist diagnosed all my issues are from pot.
So what that I've been going through this since I was a young teen,way before I started smoking.Mj has done nothing but help me.
I think I could get off most of my meds if I could use mj when I needed it.

#15 ·
I'm new to this board. I have been is discussion with a few friends from my yoga class about using and the effect on our almost nine month olds. Who's gone through the research about what the effect is when breastfeeding? We all exclusively breastfeed and have read things that come down on both side of the fence about how much, and what effect is passed down to our babes.

Also, what do you do to reduce the harm of using on your babes? I try to always smoke outside, and in I vape in the house never in the same room as my LO. But I've wondered with the damage to the air quality that I am doing and the smoke and soot on my clothes should I be forgoing smoking altogether in favor of edibles? Or try my hand at making tincture which I've heard about? Tell me what you've changed and why...

#17 ·
basje, welcome. I don't know anything about breastfeeding & marijuana (I've never smoked while nursing) but it's probably a lot safer than, say, Prozac. In terms of air quality, though? I smoke in my room with the door locked and the window open/fan on (I'm very quick about it, especially during the summer & winter when having the window open is A Bad Thing). Never has the air quality changed enough for my ex (who is very familiar with the smell) to notice it. The kids have never noticed the smell on my clothing either, and only once did I get any comment at all-- when I ran out of my room quickly after a hit to kiss a booboo and the child in question said my breath smelled like smoke.

In other news. . . nope, still don't have any.
I did get to pass a pipe with some friends over the weekend, which was nice.
One was very impressed with how clean my piece was, enough to comment on it.

#19 ·
Here is hopeing that Prop 19 passes in California tomorrow!!!! Legalization of mj for personal use.
Send good vibes! It would definatlly go to the Federal courts, but it would be a HUGE step in the right direction.

#22 ·
poor California...and I know a dude (my old go-to-guy) who just moved out there so that he could get legal. He left us un-high and dry. Maybe he'll be back?????

it can't have lost too badly. it's times like this that it's important to KEEP MOVING FORWARD.

and there's my motivational speech for the day.

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by simple living mama View Post
Looks like prop 19 didn't pass. Sigh.
So frickin' bummed!!! It was 54% no, so it was fairly close.

Can anyone tell me what the process is to get a medical mj card in CA? I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder almost 7 years ago but only was on meds & went to follow up appointments for a few months because the meds had horroble side effects. Would that work? Do you even have to be diagnosed before you see the dr that gives you the card?

#24 ·
Well, we're moving back to AZ in Jan (
) so bummed it's still not legal (not that I thought it would pass), but excited it was kinda close. AND my old midwife that I had to leave posted on FB how she was upset about it too! Yay!! I don't remember who was posting about whether or not to tell her MW that she smokes, but now I know I'll be safe doing it when the time comes! It's so nice when you discover another person for marijuana
, medicinal or recreational. (though I kinda consider all MJ use medicinal, even if the user is taking advantage)

There seem to be quite a few newbies, welcome, all!!!!!

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post
It's so nice when you discover another person for marijuana
, medicinal or recreational. (though I kinda consider all MJ use medicinal, even if the user is taking advantage)
This is something I actually think about a fair bit. If you're using recreationally but you're a complete jerk when you're not smoking, shouldn't that count as medicinal? I think that a lot of people who don't experience physical pain or have an official diagnosis of anxiety or some such write their marijuana use off as recreational when in reality they're much happier and more functional with it than without it.

54%, huh? That gives me hope that within the next 20 years, the good green herb will be legalized.
In the mean time, I will work on manifesting more of it into my daily existence.

#26 ·
Hi Mamas

Thought I would chime in re: breastfeeding and smoking(well vaping for me, we almost never smoke, I am ready to venture into edibles/tinctures as well!). I did with both kids, but more for DS and he is by far a much more chill little dude. They are both testing off the charts for advancement, both physical and mental. They are both very social individuals. In my humble opinion, they were benefitted if anything by my partaking during breastfeeding. I never noticed them being lethargtic or anything after nursing either. (And no, they weren't more hungry either..lol)

We were just offered a nice stash for cheap. It isn't fabo stuff, but I am going to be making edibles so it shouldn't make a difference anyways. For the price, it's WORTH IT! And besides, when we vape, we get all the good with very minimal usage. And we generally vape it twice. And then make hash oil from the leftovers! Plus the kif we get off grinding for the vape! It's alllll the good

Looking forward to Thanksgiving turkey soon, yum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.