Military Moms: Nov/Dec 2010 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 95 Old 12-21-2010, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just had a homebirth in April and Tricare won't pay because I had to use a CPM.  This was under Tricare Prime Remote. Tricare will cover the birth if the CNM is, or is willing to become a Tricare approved provider.  Most, if not all CNM can become approved providers even if they only do homebirths.  My midwife has appealed two times to Tricare for me and now I am going to try one more time.  It is harder for a CPM to get approved, but it can be done if you want to deal with the hassle.  My daughters birth has already been paid for by me, I am mostly still pursuing this to help pave the way for others and to show Tricare that there is a need that should be met. My homebirth was in Wisconsin.  A state that recognizes CPM's as licensed medical care providers. 

#92 of 95 Old 12-23-2010, 12:39 PM

It's been slow here, or there's a new thread that I missed!  Did hdeering have her baby?

Huz spoke with his assignment officer and was told that there are two couples with colocation issues in Kodiak, so we can basically scratch that off our wish list for this assignment.  So now we're down to basically four locations.  I'm really anxious.  Hoping that we know at least by the first week of Feb., because we're planning a trip to DC to see my parents, and if we end up there I'll want to look around. 

Adorkable, you're up near Bethesda, right?  I just noticed that your twins are B/G!  joy.gif  You're birthing at Bethesda?  You'll have to let us know how it goes there.

#93 of 95 Old 12-23-2010, 12:57 PM

Hi kate, yeah im right around the corner from NNMC in Bethesda, and hopefully will get no where near it while i birth! we have a great homebirth MW and are set up to do it here. i am glad we are so close for any transfer need, since that helped calm DH to the homebirth idea.

i get my prenatal care at NNMC and some of the folks are nice one High risk OB is actually pretty great, its the general policies of the L&D that i just cant stand.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#94 of 95 Old 12-28-2010, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

Hi kate, yeah im right around the corner from NNMC in Bethesda, and hopefully will get no where near it while i birth! we have a great homebirth MW and are set up to do it here. i am glad we are so close for any transfer need, since that helped calm DH to the homebirth idea.

i get my prenatal care at NNMC and some of the folks are nice one High risk OB is actually pretty great, its the general policies of the L&D that i just cant stand.

Just interested, is your HB midwife someone who also has NNMC privliges?  Just curious...I would have loved to have had the opportunity to have a good MW since mine was horrible...

~Marla~
CoSleeping, BabyWearing, Breastfeeding, PT Cding

🐢🐢A new little turtle is about to join our crazy part of the ocean!!!🐢🐢
lactivist.gif
#95 of 95 Old 01-01-2011, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

New thread!!!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page