quitters? (new non smokers, old non smokers) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Would anyone like to form a support thread? 

I'm on day one!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 07:01 AM

Good luck! 

I quit just over a month ago and totally turned to food.  I'm slowly getting that under control now.  I didn't gain anything, but I'm not used to eating non-stop like that and my grocery bill's going up! :)

But on the flip side, my grocery bill's going down because I essentially quit drinking completely to help with the nicotine cravings.

So yeah.  Right now, I do still miss it, but it's the habit part more than the nicotine part.  I'm still avoiding hanging out with our big group of friends because they all smoke and I don't want to be around it, I don't want the temptation and the smell is just horrid to me now.

#3 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats to you Allyson!!!  One month is a big milestone!  Is this your first quit?

#4 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 08:08 AM

No it's my third. eyesroll.gif  I quit while I was pregnant with both boys and started up again after I quit bfing. 

But this time, I did it all for me.  I was turning 30 and decided I didn't want to be a smoker any more so I quit for my 30th birthday.  Hopefully it'll stick this time and I do think it will since my mind is made up this time and I have no real desire to be a smoker again.  It's just getting through the trigger situations for me.

#5 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 08:52 AM

I quit nearly two years ago but will smoke one on very rare occasion...

If I am out with the girls having a beer it's hard to resist!

I am still BFing though and if I do have one I feel so guilty. I quit when I found out I was pregnant.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#6 of 6 Old 01-31-2011, 05:24 PM

I've quit smoking a number of times. I started when I was 19. I quit for a full year once, and for three years when I was 25-28. I most recently quit the day before Halloween. I had one cigarette since then, on January 22nd I think it was, and that was giving in to stress without having another outlet for the emotional stress.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page