Cannabis Mamas and MJ lovers - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 of 185 Old 10-12-2011, 11:09 AM
 
Mama2Rio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: a valley in the arid land
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome Attilla! i hope your able to get off all those prescriptions! i have mild anxiety that use to be worse. now i just end up staying at home instead of going to the grocery store or just out in general if i go into panic mode, if i really need to go then i might take a toke or 2. if i don't have any smoke then i stay home. i've been dealing with it for a long time and i never met anyone with similar issues until i met my best-friend in college who was the same way. we both smoked to ease our anxieties and manage depression. because of her i was actually getting out to bars and shopping instead of hiding in the woods (yes, we both hid in the woods). i still have issues with shopping more than anything. i don't know what we would have done if we didn't smoke. now that i'm at a completely different stage in life, i don't smoke nearly as much and only use it in real times of need, for me it's a motivator to live a normal life when things start crashing down. good luck to you!

Mama2Rio is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#32 of 185 Old 10-14-2011, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter
 
yippiehippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This tribe's not been very active, but glad to have any of you newbies, welcome:)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

someone told me that THC crosses through breastmilk much much stronger than it effects the actual smoker. This sounded like a load of BS to me but I have yet to come across anything to disprove this statement. I thought you ladies might be able to throw me a link? Thanks


I think you're right about the BS. The best way to disprove is to see the effects! It never effected my son either way, and believe me, I was very aware in the beginning if he acted/slept differently if I'd smoked or not. I was pretty concerned when he was newborn, but I had issues with PPD and had a horrible infection and my stitches tore, so I was in physical and mental pain and it helped me greatly!He's still nursing and no change still:)

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousmomma View Post

Ok Ladies, ive got a question..

 

I have a friend whose been smoking for quite sometime. She didnt smoke during her first pregnancy...but this second one is almost intolerable without MJ. She's got severe anxiety and appetite issues, and is against any type of pharm drugs. She's 18 weeks now, but scared to continue smoking, because she has heard from someone that CPS can take your child if the meconium is tested, and marijuana is shown positive. We live in TN, and ive tried to research this question for weeks with no results. Ive been told that CPS only worries with other "bad" drugs...because no studies can prove that MJ has negative effects during pregnancy. She is just worried about losing the child, or having to deal with CPS issues...I, however, am more concerned with her sanity if she has to quit... Its the only thing that brings her out of severe depression and extreme anxiety episodes that last for days without smoking...Any replies will be GREATLY appreciated! 

Can't answer that, I have heard of it happening but can't imagine that it's done regularly with no reason. Insurance doesn't want to pay to drug test every mom! I wonder if she'd consider a home birth? That made me much less anxious about the labor than I would have been if I'd done hospital!
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Honey View Post

Hi mamas - I just wanted to post to sub.  I've been researching using MJ for my disabling anxiety (I have panic disorder with agoraphobia and severe anxiety).  My pdoc is great but she just keeps giving me more and more anti-depressants; mood stabilizers and benzos and they have such bad side effects.  At the last appointment she recommended I take a moderate dose of klonopin 3x a day whether I need it or not.  yikes2.gif  That stuff is addictive and that really scares me!  But without it - like I mentioned- I am pretty disabled with anxiety on a daily basis.

 

So I got a little MJ from a friend on Sunday and tried a very little.  I was so scared it would give me worse anxiety but it didn't.  I felt calm and peaceful enough to clean my kitchen and invite friends over for an impromptu pasta dinner (something I hadn't been able to do in months - have friends in my home).  I was not edgy and irritable anymore and all my paranoid anxious fears abated.  I definitely didn't have enough to feel high at all - I just felt NORMAL again.

 

I am so happy to find this tribe.  As someone new to MJ I am eager to learn more from you all.  love.gif


So happy to hear stories like this! Don't you wish you could share it with everyone w/o feeling like a criminal?! 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Rio View Post

Welcome Attilla! i hope your able to get off all those prescriptions! i have mild anxiety that use to be worse. now i just end up staying at home instead of going to the grocery store or just out in general if i go into panic mode, if i really need to go then i might take a toke or 2. if i don't have any smoke then i stay home. i've been dealing with it for a long time and i never met anyone with similar issues until i met my best-friend in college who was the same way. we both smoked to ease our anxieties and manage depression. because of her i was actually getting out to bars and shopping instead of hiding in the woods (yes, we both hid in the woods). i still have issues with shopping more than anything. i don't know what we would have done if we didn't smoke. now that i'm at a completely different stage in life, i don't smoke nearly as much and only use it in real times of need, for me it's a motivator to live a normal life when things start crashing down. good luck to you!

FYI, we always have some on hand if you're ever in a bind and now that we moved are closer to you guys;)

 

Unfortunately lately I feel like I'm always in NEED:( But at least I have MJ to balance me out!
 

 


Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
yippiehippie is offline  
#33 of 185 Old 11-04-2011, 12:55 PM
 
jadebutterfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

 

Hi i posted this on the winter autumn, but i think it would be better here, i hope its not to out of the subject, its mj at least

Hi Mj mamas, I have a question,  its related to mj in breastfeeding, and dd cbc blood test results. She had a not so low but low 4500 leucocytes and 244000 plaquets, her ped said they were low and might have to be checked again later because that is not norma, and hopefully they would be up again, cause if not we would have to test to see whats wrong.

He asked if she had just had a cold or some viral infection, that might be the cause, but it is not the case, she is super healthy. 

I just wonder if Mj would have anything to do with a low leucocyte (which is like the white blood cells that fight infection) has to do with the immune system, and I remember i had read many articles saying how mj would compromise immune system.

So I was a little concerned about that, and ive stopped smoking to see if it improves, but i miss it and im not sure if it has anything to do or is it even necessary to stop.

????? Thanks 


 loving nature mommatreehugger.gif of mi little flower.gifblossom, born december 2010.

thumb.gif to selectivevax.gifornovaxnoIRC.gif ,    lactivist.gif familybed1.gif

                         namaste.gif

 

jadebutterfly is offline  
#34 of 185 Old 11-17-2011, 08:09 PM
 
canadianhippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mama's!!!  Im back, totally fell off the mothering bandwagon but its time i come back to my likeminded roots

 

Soo, ill have to peak at what's been going, but Im still using the lovely green herb for stress relief and meditation, melts my tension and clears my thoughts

 

My dear baby boy is over 2 years old now, building his sentances and exploring his independance and making me laugh at his humour and dramatizations

 

hope to chat soon with you all !


A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

canadianhippie is offline  
#35 of 185 Old 11-19-2011, 03:51 PM
 
RachelL321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Haven't been around in a while, life has been chaotic to say the least. Anyone in the Atlanta Ga area want to get together for a play date or anything? I need some adult socialization before I go crazy!  I have a 5 year old and an 18 month old, both girls. I have very few Friends in the area and non of them are like minded. My go to guy disappeared on me several months ago and I have had to turn back to pain meds to deal with day to day activity. I think it is time to look into moving to a more friendly state :(

RachelL321 is offline  
#36 of 185 Old 12-21-2011, 08:28 PM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey all!! Just bumping this thread to see if it's worth it to start a new season! Haven't been on in forever, but I've been MIA you could say... Just received my Medical Mj card in the mail this week after a 5 month wait... Dealing with severe and chronic pain from 2 herniated discs at C5-6 & C6-7. Mj is a lifesaver in dealing with all my momma duties to DD13 & DS10 <3 Love and light to all!!


~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#37 of 185 Old 12-23-2011, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
 
yippiehippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post

Hey all!! Just bumping this thread to see if it's worth it to start a new season! Haven't been on in forever, but I've been MIA you could say... Just received my Medical Mj card in the mail this week after a 5 month wait... Dealing with severe and chronic pain from 2 herniated discs at C5-6 & C6-7. Mj is a lifesaver in dealing with all my momma duties to DD13 & DS10 <3 Love and light to all!!



Congrats on your card and good to see ya back!!

 

Does anyone grow w/limited space? We've finally bought a house and have a huge yard, but very little room inside and no garage. Wondering what we could do. We'd have some awesome friends who'd give us "starter" plants (i dont' know the terminology for any of it!) so we wouldn't have to start from seeds and they said that's much easier, but do we pretty much need an enclosed room? And if it was inside it would smell a lot, right? (like in a closet or something). Maybe we'll have to jump on building a shed...


Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
yippiehippie is offline  
#38 of 185 Old 12-28-2011, 05:09 PM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I've been looking for a reliable 'turn key' grow box to purchase. I can't grow outside, and don't have much room inside either. I've been looking long and hard, and some of them are pretty expensive. But as far as smell, you would want one that's sealed really good, and that has a carbon filter. I'm sure it wouldn't completely eliminate all the smell but it should help... I'll post some links to a few so you get the idea.  I haven't figured out which seller/mfg are reputable, so I'm still searching, but you'll get the idea... 

 

http://www.fullbloomhydroponics.com/grow-boxes/

http://www.primogrowbox.com/


~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#39 of 185 Old 12-28-2011, 05:43 PM
 
Montse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

joy.gif

Montse is offline  
#40 of 185 Old 12-29-2011, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter
 
yippiehippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Diana - thanks! I never even thought of anything like that, i'll have to look more into it too.

Montse - Yay, another phoenician!:) Welcome:)


Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
yippiehippie is offline  
#41 of 185 Old 12-30-2011, 03:56 PM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really cant afford anything extravagant but it seems like a good option. If you're handy you could reasonably build a DIY for tons less $$, but I am not so much greensad.gif

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#42 of 185 Old 12-31-2011, 01:09 AM
 
trekkingirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

a plastic storage shed from a hardware store is what I've heard people using.  There is a filter you can buy from hydro stores that eliminates odor. Those links seem to have really expensive products! Yikes! Seems to me it would be much cheaper to make your own room?


living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

trekkingirl is offline  
#43 of 185 Old 12-31-2011, 07:14 AM
 
Mom31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: America
Posts: 3,604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Subbing.... :) I am a single mama to two- 6 and 8. I have ridiculous anxiety and my dr will not prescribe a benzo- so smoking it is.

 


mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

 

 

Mom31 is offline  
#44 of 185 Old 01-04-2012, 07:19 AM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

a plastic storage shed from a hardware store is what I've heard people using.  There is a filter you can buy from hydro stores that eliminates odor. Those links seem to have really expensive products! Yikes! Seems to me it would be much cheaper to make your own room?



You're so right, it IS a whole lot cheaper to make your own room. I never thought of using one of those, but in my apt, I would worry that it would be too big. That might be a great idea if I had a garage to set it up in. Could probably modify it from the inside to seal it from light/air exchanges...  

 

I need something about the size of a filing cabinet though, that's all I have room for here. Wish I knew someone that was good at carpentry, I would love to have a sealed cabinet that could double as a night stand or something.


~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#45 of 185 Old 01-04-2012, 07:26 AM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilie2 View Post

Subbing.... :) I am a single mama to two- 6 and 8. I have ridiculous anxiety and my dr will not prescribe a benzo- so smoking it is.

 



Rainbow.gif Welcome :)


~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#46 of 185 Old 01-04-2012, 08:36 AM
 
canadianhippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

 aww Hi ~D~!! your so lucky u got your card! congrats!!

 

Im happy the thread had a burst of convo's :)

 

I tried seeding this summer but left and they just got all moldy, Im too concerned about the risk of growing in my home to really give it a go honestly

 

I decided to try and wait out buying too because Im paying $60 for a quarter of very poor quality poop, so Ill wait until I can get a better price and source

 

Anyone following activism? Im out of the loop for that and I havent researched any new resources for toking mothers (ie breastfeeding/pregnancy)

 

Has anyone read Women and cannabis?

 

My new research venture....hemp farming!! what do you all think? have you looked into it yourself? Im not even aware of the laws for it in my area, from my knowledge before,  it's very hard to be licensed to grow hemp 

 


A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

canadianhippie is offline  
#47 of 185 Old 01-04-2012, 08:37 AM
 
Mom31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: America
Posts: 3,604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

we are paying 60 to.... good thing boyfriend takes care of all that.


mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

 

 

Mom31 is offline  
#48 of 185 Old 01-06-2012, 04:11 PM
 
canadianhippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

lol lucky, my DP doesn't smoke himself, used to but he was the anxious type smoker, easier on the wallet tho 

 

I looked into hemp farming, it appears the licensing wont be such an issue, however like any other crops it requires alot of work! I hope hemp becomes a more acceptable substance for uses in fabrics, food, etc. 


A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

canadianhippie is offline  
#49 of 185 Old 01-27-2012, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter
 
yippiehippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post



You're so right, it IS a whole lot cheaper to make your own room. I never thought of using one of those, but in my apt, I would worry that it would be too big. That might be a great idea if I had a garage to set it up in. Could probably modify it from the inside to seal it from light/air exchanges...  

 

I need something about the size of a filing cabinet though, that's all I have room for here. Wish I knew someone that was good at carpentry, I would love to have a sealed cabinet that could double as a night stand or something.


DH jsut finished our chicken coop, so I guess I know what his next project should be, lol! He's the one that smokes all our stuff (purely recreational, he has no issues whatsoever unlike my insomnia, stress type A personality!), so shouldn't be too hard to convince him!

 

Jeez, you guys, 60 for a quarter of not so good stuff?!?! That's CRAZY! We pay 55-60/oz and it works for me much better than stuff I got in the midwest (which was gross crap that I wouldn't want in my body now!). I guess we're so warm and close to Mexico though. I do know medical growers, but we really can't afford it, so no "organic" for me till we start growing!

 

I'm wondering if anyone here has medicated during birthing or after for after pains and can share their experiences?

 


Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
yippiehippie is offline  
#50 of 185 Old 01-28-2012, 01:43 AM
 
trekkingirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

$40-$50 an eighth here in nor cal


living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

trekkingirl is offline  
#51 of 185 Old 01-28-2012, 03:25 PM
 
canadianhippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post


DH jsut finished our chicken coop, so I guess I know what his next project should be, lol! He's the one that smokes all our stuff (purely recreational, he has no issues whatsoever unlike my insomnia, stress type A personality!), so shouldn't be too hard to convince him!

 

Jeez, you guys, 60 for a quarter of not so good stuff?!?! That's CRAZY! We pay 55-60/oz and it works for me much better than stuff I got in the midwest (which was gross crap that I wouldn't want in my body now!). I guess we're so warm and close to Mexico though. I do know medical growers, but we really can't afford it, so no "organic" for me till we start growing!

 

I'm wondering if anyone here has medicated during birthing or after for after pains and can share their experiences?

 

 

 

jaw.gif  $50-60 an ounce!!!! oh my, phoenix is lookin beautiful 
 

 


A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

canadianhippie is offline  
#52 of 185 Old 01-29-2012, 01:18 PM
 
cinnamongrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rocky Mountain High, Colorado
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh hi...I subbed to the "old" thread...Silly me.

whistling.gif


: totally in love , vegan & mountain dwelling mama to my girls ❤ 5.2003 & 10.2009 ❤
cinnamongrl is offline  
#53 of 185 Old 02-29-2012, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter
 
yippiehippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OK, so I asked a while ago about experiences medicating in labor and thought I'd post my update since I had mine a week ago:)

I didn't really have much during my fast (3 hr) labor. I did at the very beginning and who knows if it helped b/c the contractions were'n't that strong. Since they were so intense I had no time to think about it! It has, however, helped tremendously post partum. The afterpains were just awful, making me nauseated they were so strong. Weed was the only thing that helped, honestly (I tried lots of other herbal and homeopathic remedies too!). On monday DH went back to work and I was dreading it. At first sign of weepiness I had some and was immediately better. I made chocolates to keep on hand (though a quick toke is much faster in times of need!). I really wish I could broadcast to everyone what savior it can be, but, alas, I would be judged horribly by most people I know:( It's too bad when I see ppl suffer I KNOW would benefit. DH made a tincture too, anyone tried that?


Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
yippiehippie is offline  
#54 of 185 Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 PM
 
Mama2Rio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: a valley in the arid land
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I should have checked in a while ago... I see there's 2 threads going... maybe we should just do a 2012 thread?

 

~D~ it's good to see you around. hope things are going okay. Happy to see you've got your card!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

OK, so I asked a while ago about experiences medicating in labor and thought I'd post my update since I had mine a week ago:)

I didn't really have much during my fast (3 hr) labor. I did at the very beginning and who knows if it helped b/c the contractions were'n't that strong. Since they were so intense I had no time to think about it! It has, however, helped tremendously post partum. The afterpains were just awful, making me nauseated they were so strong. Weed was the only thing that helped, honestly (I tried lots of other herbal and homeopathic remedies too!). On monday DH went back to work and I was dreading it. At first sign of weepiness I had some and was immediately better. I made chocolates to keep on hand (though a quick toke is much faster in times of need!). I really wish I could broadcast to everyone what savior it can be, but, alas, I would be judged horribly by most people I know:( It's too bad when I see ppl suffer I KNOW would benefit. DH made a tincture too, anyone tried that?


I've been thinking of doing some kind of tea/tincture for during/after labor. my friend keeps telling me to do pot ramen, (i would do the thai kitchen soup/noodles if i really wanted), brings me back to having a cold in college. but i think a tincture would suit me better. not to mention, i'm looking forward to a big glass of wine after this one arrives. the tincture should work, i would just let it steep for a really long time. and yes, the judgement is horrible and you just never know who you can trust...eyesroll.gif

 

 

Mama2Rio is offline  
#55 of 185 Old 03-06-2012, 01:38 PM
 
Hijynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

*waves hi*

 

Just joined this board! Got a positive result on HPT last night, very nervous and VERY excited!

 

My husband and I are heavy smokers, daily. I stopped yesterday. I'd really like to hear about how much I should avoid it during pregnancy (and beyond) - I'll go without if needed, but I know that it's a lifesaver for my insomnia, nausea, headaches, etc and that I'll be most tempted during morning sickness. We do have some tincture, and I was considering getting a vaporizer if I am going to smoke because it would cut down on the carcinogens.

 

Obviously, mainstream opinions can't help me on this one. :P  Also is there ever a reason to disclose it to a doctor? One time I did, and got quite the attitude. I thought it was better to be honest rather than hide it, in case it affects my health or their treatment of me. I'm not likely to do that again unless there's a strong reason to!

 

Thanks!

Hijynx is offline  
#56 of 185 Old 03-06-2012, 01:42 PM
 
trekkingirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have kaiser here in California. With two of my three pregnancies they drug tested me without even telling me ahead of time. Most doctors have you sign a consent that they can test you whenever they want.

 

 

 

Oh and welcome to MDC!


living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

trekkingirl is offline  
#57 of 185 Old 03-07-2012, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
 
yippiehippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

mama2rio-good to see you back on:) I don't understand the wine, though...I feel better drinking some during late pregnancy than while bfing, is that wrong?

Hijinx - congrats on your pregnancy!! I for sure would NOT tell your doctor you smoke! They might call CPS...we've heard some bad stories on this board about things like that. I never used a doc (2 homebirths w/midwives), so don't have my own experiences to share with you, but I didn't even tell my MWs b/c there's no reason to and you never know who will think you're endangering your child! You aren't, btw. Here's how I thought of it when I was pregs...there are tons of studies showing links btwn poor diet/not getting enough calories during pregnancy and poor health in the baby (and mama!). The biggest study for medicating while pregnant showed no difference in the babies (actually some were shown to score a bit higher in intelligence tests). You really have to use your own judgement and do what you feel is right. I personally felt it was more important for me to sleep, eat, and have less stress. Your situation sounds similar to me - I have insomnia too and was nauseated a lot for my first and had been a daily smoker. I invested in a vaporizer to cut down on the smoke. There was no way I could sleep or eat w/o it! HTH:)


Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
yippiehippie is offline  
#58 of 185 Old 03-07-2012, 07:36 AM
 
canadianhippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

mama2rio-good to see you back on:) I don't understand the wine, though...I feel better drinking some during late pregnancy than while bfing, is that wrong?

Hijinx - congrats on your pregnancy!! I for sure would NOT tell your doctor you smoke! They might call CPS...we've heard some bad stories on this board about things like that. I never used a doc (2 homebirths w/midwives), so don't have my own experiences to share with you, but I didn't even tell my MWs b/c there's no reason to and you never know who will think you're endangering your child! You aren't, btw. Here's how I thought of it when I was pregs...there are tons of studies showing links btwn poor diet/not getting enough calories during pregnancy and poor health in the baby (and mama!). The biggest study for medicating while pregnant showed no difference in the babies (actually some were shown to score a bit higher in intelligence tests). You really have to use your own judgement and do what you feel is right. I personally felt it was more important for me to sleep, eat, and have less stress. Your situation sounds similar to me - I have insomnia too and was nauseated a lot for my first and had been a daily smoker. I invested in a vaporizer to cut down on the smoke. There was no way I could sleep or eat w/o it! HTH:)


 Agree completely, use your judgement for sure! I like the vap idea, i didnt often in my pregnancy ( a few times every trimester) but i felt werid holding in the smoke, id always blow it out so fast! lol 

 

I wish there was more accredited, strictly cannabis use studies available, here's the classic for you Dr. Melanie Dreher its a lecture video, but could help you form a comfortable opinion 

 


A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

canadianhippie is offline  
#59 of 185 Old 03-07-2012, 09:26 AM
 
Hijynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks all! I'm trying to hold out until I "need" it, and hopefully my sleep schedule will even out into a regular pattern again, so I certainly don't mind the detox either (because then just a little will be more helpful).  When I decide I need it, it will be a vaporizer or tincture, the bare minimum needed to help. will see how that goes! :P

Hijynx is offline  
#60 of 185 Old 03-08-2012, 06:20 PM
 
Mama2Rio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: a valley in the arid land
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i did mention mj use to my midwife since i feel safe with her and i'm having a home birth, i joked first to see reaction and she new i was having really bad morning sickness, she didn't blink or say anything bad, basically said "use judgement and it's fine if it makes you feel better". although smoking was making me dizzy and maybe a little sick, didn't really help much, blah, just everyone's body will respond differently. so in your situation Hijynx, a vap shouldn't make you cough and will cut down on carcinogens if you do partake. during my first pregnancy i smoked a few times, didn't tell the doctors (and was having a hospital birth) and not during the last 2 months of pregnancy because i didn't want to test positive. there really haven't been many studies on mj use on human fetus/babies and the effects. most come out as "inconclusive".

 

on the wine thing: we've had a few bottles we've been saving that i just can't wait to crack open. mw also says it's okay to have a little alcohol while preggo here and there, but don't get buzzed, ect. basically a normal part of european lifestyle... beer is really good for milk making because of brewers yeast, i've heard it makes the milk "richer" and i love a good beer. i never hesitated to have a glass of wine or beer (or 2) while breastfeeding, it doesn't stay in your milk, it leaves your milk at the same rate it leaves your blood so there's really no reason to "pump and dump". ok, i'm the person you see in public breastfeeding while having a drink at the bar. (bad mama, right!?)

sorry for the alcohol rant... this is not really the right place for it.

Mama2Rio is offline  
Reply

User Tag List



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off