Cannabis Mamas and MJ lovers - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-14-2013, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

I was dreaming of Phoenix because my company would pay me the same if I transferred there but you get a mansion there for a shack here. I've been putting out offers on said shacks for six months but every house has 20 plus offers to compete with. I'm getting really disgusted that I can't buy a house.

This reminds me of where I live. It took forever for us to find our 1st home. We just bought it last April, so I feel ya on that!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 AM

Hi Mamas!
Happy to find this thread!
I started smoking to help battle depression a few years ago. What an amazing plant! My DH has IBS & chronic back pain, he also uses mj to help ease his pain. It's frustrating that such a useful herb is still illegal where we live.
Nice to find other green loving mamas! If only I could find some IRL!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 AM

Hi Mamas!
Happy to find this thread!
I started smoking to help battle depression a few years ago. What an amazing plant! My DH has IBS & chronic back pain, he also uses mj to help ease his pain. It's frustrating that such a useful herb is still illegal where we live.
Nice to find other green loving mamas! If only I could find some IRL!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:18 PM

where ya from owl?

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 02-15-2013, 02:34 PM

Ontario smile.gif
Old 02-16-2013, 12:14 AM

nice

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousmomma View Post

Ok Ladies, ive got a question..

I have a friend whose been smoking for quite sometime. She didnt smoke during her first pregnancy...but this second one is almost intolerable without MJ. She's got severe anxiety and appetite issues, and is against any type of pharm drugs. She's 18 weeks now, but scared to continue smoking, because she has heard from someone that CPS can take your child if the meconium is tested, and marijuana is shown positive. We live in TN, and ive tried to research this question for weeks with no results. Ive been told that CPS only worries with other "bad" drugs...because no studies can prove that MJ has negative effects during pregnancy. She is just worried about losing the child, or having to deal with CPS issues...I, however, am more concerned with her sanity if she has to quit... Its the only thing that brings her out of severe depression and extreme anxiety episodes that last for days without smoking...Any replies will be GREATLY appreciated! 

They have pretty much universally drug test infants with or without your consent.  I am not sure when this started but my 2000 baby was the first.  Anyway, none of my babies tested postitive but I am not sure the amount I was smoking.  Note that mj is my medicine--it is how I cope with depression and  axiety thus there was no way I was stopping completely.

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
Old 03-12-2013, 07:29 AM

Just discovered this! Hello, other MJ mamas!

Old 03-18-2013, 05:08 PM

Moved to deer valley in phoenix. Not sure if that's any closer! :-)
Old 03-27-2013, 02:15 PM

Just discovered this, hello mj mammas:)
Old 04-04-2013, 10:17 AM

subbing

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

Old 04-09-2013, 07:42 AM

WELCOME TO EVERY1 NEW BESIDES ME :)

Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 AM

Hi MJ Mamas! Do your real-life friends know you smoke? I have never told anyone other than my mom.
I haven't smoked since January, I am looking forward to getting my anxiety under control before starting again. Too bad that for me it helps so much with depression but makes anxiety overwhelming.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:13 AM

Hi all can I join? Ive been consuming mj for like 6 years, I love it! helps a ton!... All of my friends are stoners also so they know. My family knows, doesnt really approve but doesnt really care at the same time lol.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:34 PM

welcome raerae

I'm not a smoker but I live in northern california so most friends and family are. the club here is throwing a huge 420 party with freebies. I was thinking about going to check it out. A friend is having knee surgery today.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyO View Post

Moved to deer valley in phoenix. Not sure if that's any closer! :-)

I'm in the far east valley, probably around an hour or so from there. Phx is HUGE so it's nice I live on the outskirts, but still too "city" for this country girl! How's deer valley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlhowl View Post

Hi MJ Mamas! Do your real-life friends know you smoke? I have never told anyone other than my mom.
I haven't smoked since January, I am looking forward to getting my anxiety under control before starting again. Too bad that for me it helps so much with depression but makes anxiety overwhelming.

Very few. Almost everyone that I surround myself with is  holistic/natural type mamas, so DH seems to think they're all smokers too. I think that's such a misconception, the few that I have brought it up with definitely don't smoke now, and probably never have. It sucks when you see someone suffering and you just want to tell them about the benefits. I hear ya about the issues w/anxiety and mj, I used to have that too. I got really dizzy and nervous smoking unless home and alone or w/DH. I've used it for depression for years, and it now helps any anxiety I have too, but only if I consume in a "safe" (comfortable) place.

I've been a bit MIA here, but welcome everyone new! I've had a lot of health issues to work through recently and I must say how extremely happy I am that I have access to MJ. It's helped me SOOO much! I'm able to sleep, eat, and calm myself and it makes me want to cry just thinking about what state I'd be in without it. It is so unfortunate the bad rap it gets, and how many abuse it. At one point we found out both are neighbors were dealers, leading to a shooting in front of our house!! What a shame something so good can turn into violence like that...all b/c of the strict regulations. I can't wait until the day we can talk about it openly, grow it freely, and enjoy it. 

Peace my mj friends, hope you all are able to burn one down whenever life gets you down:)

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
Old 05-02-2013, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi all, I started smoking in August of last year after years of being Anti-MJ. I have lots of anxiety, depression, angry and eating issues and mj helps so much with it all. My DH smokes too, and has for years.

- - - -
Old 05-03-2013, 10:44 PM

So smoking helps you eat less????

Old 05-04-2013, 06:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Nooo, I don't eat when I get upset or stressed. Smoking helps me actually eat enough.

- - - -
Old 05-04-2013, 03:56 PM

I've heard other people say the same. I have a friend who was actually able to get her medical mj card because she suffered the same and it helps her eat. I unfortunately have the opposite problem. I eat when I feel just about any emotion. I was neglected as a child and spent many years wondering where I would find my next meal.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:06 PM

general question for breast feeding cannabis mamas:

are you worried about the herb in your breast milk getting into your baby and affecting her/him? 

NO JUDGEMENTS HERE!, just curious what you may know or if you have seen a change in your baby's behavior when you smoke and nurse??

Old 05-07-2013, 02:15 PM

I did a lot of research and decided I was comfortable with breastfeeding while smoking. I never noticed a difference in my nurslings behaviour. Since I use(d) cannabis to help with depression, I also felt it would benefit my kids to have a functioning mother.

Double post!

I did a lot of research and decided I was comfortable with breastfeeding while smoking. I never noticed a difference in my nurslings behaviour. Since I use(d) cannabis to help with depression, I also felt it would benefit my kids to have a functioning mother.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:22 PM

I think mothering wrote an article about that when they still had the magazine. Maybe check the archives

Old 05-08-2013, 11:50 AM

Actually there are already cannabinoids in breastmilk smile.gif And they are pretty important in the beggining for establishing a supply.

http://www.theweedblog.com/does-breast-milk-contain-cannabinoids/
Old 05-08-2013, 01:28 PM

Thanks for the link, I saved the blog. really good info there

Old 05-08-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieesther View Post

Actually there are already cannabinoids in breastmilk smile.gif And they are pretty important in the beggining for establishing a supply.

http://www.theweedblog.com/does-breast-milk-contain-cannabinoids/

I was just going to say that!

I have such a low tolerance, one hit and I'm gone. So right now I don't consume it. I'm currently nursing my one and two year old. The only worry I would have about nursing and cannabis use would be if for some reason they were tested. The THC is stored in your fat cells, which is exactly where your milk comes from, so it definitely gets in there. Its more safe than just about anything you can get from the grocery store, so I don't think it would be detrimental.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:05 PM

very interesting, thanks (-<-)

Old 05-09-2013, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain ma View Post

general question for breast feeding cannabis mamas:

are you worried about the herb in your breast milk getting into your baby and affecting her/him? 

NO JUDGEMENTS HERE!, just curious what you may know or if you have seen a change in your baby's behavior when you smoke and nurse??

I also did much research and was comfortable with it, comparing my babe's behaviors with a and without and noticed no change. For me it's definitely the lesser of the two evils (actually, I don't consider it evil or bad in anyway except legality and the smoke if I do that), the worse being tired (have insomnia w/o it) and cranky!

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way

User Tag List