Cannabis Mamas and MJ lovers - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 184 Old 07-08-2014, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fembot View Post
First of all, MJ is not addicting, no more than sex is addicting. Yes, there are cases where people have psychological issues and use something (sex, MJ, video games, etc) to distract them from real life and feel good. However, MJ in itself is not addicting.
It's not a matter of why not go without it, it's a matter of why should you? There are far more harmful things that most pregnant women are exposed to, including white sugar, cow milk, caffeine, toxins in the air, in our plastic, in our lip gloss, etc. The argument that MJ puts the baby at risk ignores all the other, much riskier things that we expose our babies to at every moment of their gestation. Also, as mentioned previously, there are multiple studies that show positive results from the use of MJ while pregnant and nursing. All credible evidence shows that MJ is one of the most benign substances we can put in our bodies. We actually have a specific receptor in our brain for THC (unlike other drugs which act on other receptors in our brain) and it's naturally occurring in breast milk as well.

I hope you don't take this as a personal attack, your view is a very common one. I just couldn't bypass the chance to say something.
i don't take this as a personal attack at all! and i welcome the debate.

MJ is infact a psychologically addictive substance, proven by plenty of studies. maybe its not "phycially" addicting, but it is 100% psycho. there are also just as many studies out there that show mj is bad for you, even while you are not pregnant....so one could only image what it would do to baby.

you also mention about receptors. yes, we have thc receptors, correct. we also have opiate receptors naturally too. maybe it's ok to do some pain pills or heroin?

main point is....again, you don't NEED mj during pregnancy. it's way too early on to study whether or not it truly has any benefits whatsoever. we're still very early on in the medical field with these studies and it will take much longer to understand the long term effects.

the question continues....why even bother put your baby at risk, when there could be a potential negative consequence?

....NOT WORTH IT

~ I am obsessed with car seat safety and advice on the best car seats!

Love you all!!
Kaitlyn R.
#182 of 184 Old 07-08-2014, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
There is nothing unique to cannabis that makes it a psychologically addictive than any pleasurable activity, like I mentioned earlier, such as sex, video games, or watching t.v. Many of the studies showing negative effects are of questionable validity due to the government sponsored war on drugs. Furthermore, most of these studies contradict each other, concluding possible outcomes that are not peer reviewed to be correct, unlike say alcohol.

There are cultures in the world in which MJ is socially accepted with no exception to use during pregnancy and these cultures, such as Jamaica, do not show generations of birth defects or psychological issues. Birth defects from harder drugs are documented because upon scientific study they become obvious. There is quite the difference between pain medication and heroin, and many women would take pain medication, as prescribed, during pregnancy because it's socially acceptable.

You also don't need refined sugar, toxic make-up, toxic air, the effects of electromagnetic radiation, cows milk, and many other substances that are proven to harm a developing baby. Yet you don't hear people telling women they shouldn't risk having a chocolate bar or using cosmetics.

So not only is there no concrete proof of negative effects of MJ use during pregnancy, there are documented benefits to use for some mothers, such as those with severe morning sickness or eating disorders, or even anxiety issues. These babies are much better off being exposed to MJ than not getting enough nutrients, which is the biggest source of complications at birth.
#183 of 184 Old 07-10-2014, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fembot View Post
There is nothing unique to cannabis that makes it a psychologically addictive than any pleasurable activity, like I mentioned earlier, such as sex, video games, or watching t.v. Many of the studies showing negative effects are of questionable validity due to the government sponsored war on drugs. Furthermore, most of these studies contradict each other, concluding possible outcomes that are not peer reviewed to be correct, unlike say alcohol.

There are cultures in the world in which MJ is socially accepted with no exception to use during pregnancy and these cultures, such as Jamaica, do not show generations of birth defects or psychological issues. Birth defects from harder drugs are documented because upon scientific study they become obvious. There is quite the difference between pain medication and heroin, and many women would take pain medication, as prescribed, during pregnancy because it's socially acceptable.

You also don't need refined sugar, toxic make-up, toxic air, the effects of electromagnetic radiation, cows milk, and many other substances that are proven to harm a developing baby. Yet you don't hear people telling women they shouldn't risk having a chocolate bar or using cosmetics.

So not only is there no concrete proof of negative effects of MJ use during pregnancy, there are documented benefits to use for some mothers, such as those with severe morning sickness or eating disorders, or even anxiety issues. These babies are much better off being exposed to MJ than not getting enough nutrients, which is the biggest source of complications at birth.
Sounds good.

Well keep us all posted on the long-term affects you notice down the road.

Thanks!

~ I am obsessed with car seat safety and advice on the best car seats!

Love you all!!
Kaitlyn R.
#184 of 184 Old 07-11-2014, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sorry, but I won't be your one person case study. Feel free to educate yourself though, there are plenty of women who see positive, or no negative affects on their families. While you're at it, I would suggest looking at the documented negative affects of the other substances I mentioned, such as cows milk or white sugar.
Knowledge is power!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page