Mothering Forum banner

Cannabis Mamas and MJ lovers

18K views 184 replies 65 participants last post by  caspian's mama 
#1 ·
Welcome to Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers!

Our Standing Message:
Our purpose is to Support, Educate & Share information regarding the Many Common & UnCommon Uses and Abuses of Cannabis/Marijuana.

We speak about News Currents, Media, "Medical" Marijuana, State Legislation, Parenting, Breastfeeding, Legal Issues, Spirituality, Plant Uses and Preparations, Opinion, Fact and Truth.

We promote the use of this wonderful Medicinal Plant for Appetite Stimulant, Spiritual Centering, Treating the symptoms of Morning Sickness, Chronic pain, Glaucoma and possibly Curing/Reversing Cancer, AIDS etc... Countless Citizens find this plant medically useful and less harmful than disease causing prescription and over the counter DRUGS.

We are also discussing Hemp another misunderstood plant & seed, which has many wonderful non-medicinal uses < Fiber, Fuel, Plastics, Nutritional Value etc...> This is also illegal to cultivate in much of the U.S.
Also the subjects of spending less money on the "WAR" against Marijuana.
Many governments attempt to mis-inform and discourage Right Education and Safe Access to Marijuana. We Say... Use all things in harmony with yourself and others.

As this is a public forum and may be viewed by anyone with internet access, please be mindful what you post on this topic. Everyone has different comfort levels and we don't want to discourage anyone from joining us.

Welcome to our forum, newcomers, and enjoy!

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi all. I used to post a little to these threads, but kind of lost track a while back. I'm having a bit of an issue right now...

First off, I'm pregnant, we're expecting our second baby and are so excited! I'm 11 weeks along right now. The only thing that has kept my evening nausea at bay the last several weeks has been my good, green friend. Just a couple of hits around dinner time has made me able to eat a good dinner and keep it down.

Secondly... I have also been job hunting the last several months. Shortly before finding out I was pregnant, I went and took a few exams to be put on a list for jobs with the state I live in. I had stopped smoking in case I got a call, but found out what a long shot it was, so I had taken it up again, but pretty lightly.

Well, I got a letter with an invitation for an interview. I stopped smoking as soon as I got it and called yesterday to set up an interview, they already want me to come in this Friday! I'll but just a week out of having stopped smoking. I was smoking daily, but only a couple/few hits a day in the late evening. As I said before, I have stopped here and there in the last several months what with the job hunting and possibility of having to test for a job. So, it hasn't been consistent usage, although when I do smoke it is daily... clear as mud?

So, anyway, if I get offered this job, I'll have to pee for it. Anything I can do to help get this out of my system quickly? And safe to do while pregnant. I am so scared of being the pregnant woman that fails the drug test, how bad would that look on my part?! I've been drinking tons of water anyway because it's the only drink that sounds good to me right now. My nausea has, luckily, really let up in the last two weeks, so I've been doing okay without it and had already planned to quit smoking as soon as the morning sickness let up.

When is the soonest I could hope to pee clean? A good friend of mine says he has never failed a test by just drinking a gallon of water the morning of the test, taking a B-6 vitamin to make his pee yellow... is drinking that much water at one time safe while I'm pregnant? I'll take any suggestions I can get!

#5 ·
Mallory -- Drinking that much water shouldn't be a problem (since that's what they recommend for ultrasounds anyway...
eyesroll.gif
) It definately won't feel good though! Not sure about how it should work to dilute the MJ though.

#6 ·
Happy Holidays!!! Hope everyone is enjoying themselves and celebrating;)

Mallory - I don't really know what's safe for you, but you might be fine. Honestly, I don't think that drinking a gallon of water sounds that bad...there's been days, especially when preggers, that I've drank at least that! You should probably drink a lot of water leading up to it to (like now) and just stay healthy, that's my advice. You could maybe put off the drug test somehow, like tell them you're going out of town that next day or something? People tend to believe pregnant women:)

#7 ·
lurking... haven't partaken in a long time...

Mal if you tak B6, do it the night before. It turned my pee neon yellow right after... very obvious, but the next day it was more watered down. You might want to try that out beforehand to see what I mean. Also, one of my friends who's pretty knowledgeable once told me that the tests dont exactly test for MJ, but for a biproduct that "drips" into your urine every so often. It's not about the quantity of water you drink immediately before, but getting yourself peeing enough so that your peeing before that drip happens and can build up. I passed a test by drinking enough water that I had to pee every 15 minutes or so. I started the afternoon before the test and peed right before I left for the test. Obnoxious, but it worked. GL. Oh and I smoked a little every day and stopped only the day before the test (yes, pretty silly on my part).

#8 ·
Thanks for the replies ladies, it really helps me feel better about it! The friend who suggested drinking all the water did say to make sure and pee at least once, preferrably twice before I take the test, so I think that would go along with what you're talking about, monkey.

I have my interview this afternoon and am feeling a little nervous. I've done some research though and I think the way this will go is I'll have this interview, then they will do call-backs. So, if I get called for a second interview, it'd be a while before the hiring process would actually happen. This helps put my mind at ease a lot! I should definitely be clean if I were to get the job, but I'll still take precautions just in case.

Send me some job woo, please!

#9 ·
Hello my MJ Mama's!! I hope you remember me, i remember a few of you! Well, still standing strong with lactivism, non-circing and keeping my son vax free and organic! Im just completing my first year in college, looking to transfer back to Toronto to continue my degree, my intention was to be a teacher with my bachelor in ECE but now im thinking ill finish my diploma and chase my dream I had through highschool and after graduation and before my baby, which is film and tv production, Im actually quite good at directing, editing and cinematography, its my artistic outlet, i do see things in moving pictures :p!

I also have been single mom-ing it, baby's dad hasnt had much of a positive influence and now that he's coming to up to two years old, any influence can be negative so distance is becoming a factor on my part as well. On a very very very positive note...I was set up through a mutual friend with someone who she thought I would clic with and we want the same things in life and had the same bad experiences in relationships and are looking for committment.

sure enough, i fell madly madly in love! we have that eharmony relationship! lol so supportive and we feel the same way about each other, when we kissed it was like instant fireworks and its like that every time we kiss! and my son took to him instantly, more than any other male hes met, no tears and by the second time they met he was crawling on his lap, smiling and laughing with him, i couldnt ask for anything more and he's my soulmate without a doubt in my mind, we both feel so blessed!

so enough about my lovey dovey-ness, the mj! Well i cut down alot due to money and not high quality so it was dragging me down. Ive actually been without for over a week and its been a long long time since that, but even though im cutting down Im still so supportive of others using it to their benefit.

For laws, up here in Canada there has been a problem with doctors refusing it to patients who do really need it so apparently they have a time stamp on how they can prove their case and procedures before some law changes! who knows but a slight move in the direction of allowing more to have access is always a good thing

We got the global marijuana march coming up in Toronto soon, anyone attending or having a similar event in your city? and 4:20 was the other day, any special festivities, is that a Canada thing?

anyways long post, not sure when i can pop back on here, still part time working too but miss u all lots and appreciate the like-mindedness, cant find it anywhere else but on here, you mom's are amazing!

lots of positive vibes and puff puff passing from Canadianhippie and her 20month old who thinks he's 6 !

Reactions: rannan
#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post

Hi all. I used to post a little to these threads, but kind of lost track a while back. I'm having a bit of an issue right now...

First off, I'm pregnant, we're expecting our second baby and are so excited! I'm 11 weeks along right now. The only thing that has kept my evening nausea at bay the last several weeks has been my good, green friend. Just a couple of hits around dinner time has made me able to eat a good dinner and keep it down.

Secondly... I have also been job hunting the last several months. Shortly before finding out I was pregnant, I went and took a few exams to be put on a list for jobs with the state I live in. I had stopped smoking in case I got a call, but found out what a long shot it was, so I had taken it up again, but pretty lightly.

Well, I got a letter with an invitation for an interview. I stopped smoking as soon as I got it and called yesterday to set up an interview, they already want me to come in this Friday! I'll but just a week out of having stopped smoking. I was smoking daily, but only a couple/few hits a day in the late evening. As I said before, I have stopped here and there in the last several months what with the job hunting and possibility of having to test for a job. So, it hasn't been consistent usage, although when I do smoke it is daily... clear as mud?

So, anyway, if I get offered this job, I'll have to pee for it. Anything I can do to help get this out of my system quickly? And safe to do while pregnant. I am so scared of being the pregnant woman that fails the drug test, how bad would that look on my part?! I've been drinking tons of water anyway because it's the only drink that sounds good to me right now. My nausea has, luckily, really let up in the last two weeks, so I've been doing okay without it and had already planned to quit smoking as soon as the morning sickness let up.

When is the soonest I could hope to pee clean? A good friend of mine says he has never failed a test by just drinking a gallon of water the morning of the test, taking a B-6 vitamin to make his pee yellow... is drinking that much water at one time safe while I'm pregnant? I'll take any suggestions I can get!
I'm pretty sure that it takes a couple of months to clean out. Water will not do it. It also depends on how "good" yout stuff is. the better the stuff, the more THC...the longer it takes to get out of your body. I know quite a few people who tried this and failed. myself included! Alot of tests these days not only test for the levels of THC but also how diluted or covered up things are. The only thing that worked for me besides being clean for 3+ months was one of those drinks you can buy at a shop. I wish I remembered what it was, the effects weren't pretty, but it worked, I passed and got the job.

#11 ·
Mal85: a friend of mine in the army would get randomly tested and he always took cranberry sups and drank a tone of water. never tested positive. he would stop smoking about 48-hrs prior to a possible test and begin the cranberry and water routine. cranberry will flush your system very well. i won't make any promises, but it might be worth a try. good luck on your job search!

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni1894 View Post

I'm pretty sure that it takes a couple of months to clean out. Water will not do it. It also depends on how "good" yout stuff is. the better the stuff, the more THC...the longer it takes to get out of your body. I know quite a few people who tried this and failed. myself included! Alot of tests these days not only test for the levels of THC but also how diluted or covered up things are. The only thing that worked for me besides being clean for 3+ months was one of those drinks you can buy at a shop. I wish I remembered what it was, the effects weren't pretty, but it worked, I passed and got the job.
IT shouldn't take that long, unless you're in bad shape! MJ loves fat! The better shape you're in, the more active, and the more water you drink, the better the results:) Of course, it depends on the test! Oh, and water DOES help, dramatically...it flushes your system (among other things). When I took my last test I thought it was so silly to hear they look at clear urine and at bright urine as an indicator. Isn't clear pee a sign you drink enough and are healthy!? My gosh, I drink so much living in the desert mine's always clear, except after I take vit B, which is daily! So, I'm healthy, but gave a reason for suspecting it, go figure...what a messed up healthcare system we have.

#15 ·
Hi there, I posted this subject in the wrong area a few days ago but now I am of sound mind and am going to give it another shot :)

Does anyone have knowledge of the current situation in Amsterdam? We are traveling there next week and have had this trip booked for a year and a half. Someone mentioned casually to my husband that they are in the process of making it illegal for tourists to buy smoke. Coffee shops are going "Members Only" and you have to be a Netherlands citizen in order to gain membership. One article we found online said they expect complete compliance by 7/1/11 We will be there 6/23-6/26 and Im curious what to expect. Im really bummed at the idea that I might not be able to visit any coffee shops. Although it is not the only reason we decided to include Amsterdam in our travels, it did play a major part in it. Anyone been there recently or have any info on this?

Thanks!!

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfRainMama View Post

Hi there, I posted this subject in the wrong area a few days ago but now I am of sound mind and am going to give it another shot :)

Does anyone have knowledge of the current situation in Amsterdam? We are traveling there next week and have had this trip booked for a year and a half. Someone mentioned casually to my husband that they are in the process of making it illegal for tourists to buy smoke. Coffee shops are going "Members Only" and you have to be a Netherlands citizen in order to gain membership. One article we found online said they expect complete compliance by 7/1/11 We will be there 6/23-6/26 and Im curious what to expect. Im really bummed at the idea that I might not be able to visit any coffee shops. Although it is not the only reason we decided to include Amsterdam in our travels, it did play a major part in it. Anyone been there recently or have any info on this?

Thanks!!
I have no idea an answer, but OMG, seriously!! That's so awful...won't they lose so much tourism money if they do this?? Crazy.

AFM, just found out I'm preggers and am really wanting to start growing. Met with our area NORML leader and am excited to get some medical seeds, just don't have the house yet. MJ helped me tremendously last time around. I get bad morning sickness and REALLY bad mood swings. It wasn't as big of a deal to scream and cry for DH, but now that I have DS, no way. Thank you, MJ:)

#17 ·
Well I am back from Europe and happy to report that Amsterdam was business as usual. From what I understand the lawmakers are trying to get this new law established and not making a lot of progress. It would KILL tourism for Amsterdam and change the "Positive FEEL" of it forever. My visit to Amsterdam will always hold a treasured spot in my heart. It is an amazing city. We hit the coffee shops, The Anne Frank House, The Van Gogh Museum, The Flower Market, Dam Square and walked almost everywhere. It was like a dream. I get teary just typing about how much I love it! I HIGHLY suggest if you are ever given the opportunity to visit..... TAKE IT and GO!

#18 ·
Quote:

Well I am back from Europe and happy to report that Amsterdam was business as usual. From what I understand the lawmakers are trying to get this new law established and not making a lot of progress. It would KILL tourism for Amsterdam and change the "Positive FEEL" of it forever. My visit to Amsterdam will always hold a treasured spot in my heart. It is an amazing city. We hit the coffee shops, The Anne Frank House, The Van Gogh Museum, The Flower Market, Dam Square and walked almost everywhere. It was like a dream. I get teary just typing about how much I love it! I HIGHLY suggest if you are ever given the opportunity to visit..... TAKE IT and GO!
Sounds amazing, so glad you had such a great time!

AMF, I need to start researching growing! We'll be moving to the country in a couple months and I can't wait to grow our own...does anyone have any recommendations of good resources to learn?

#19 ·
Quote:

My visit to Amsterdam will always hold a treasured spot in my heart. It is an amazing city. We hit the coffee shops, The Anne Frank House, The Van Gogh Museum, The Flower Market, Dam Square and walked almost everywhere. It was like a dream. I get teary just typing about how much I love it! I HIGHLY suggest if you are ever given the opportunity to visit..... TAKE IT and GO!
I was there in 2001, and had a similar experience. It is a wonderful, clean city. I hope to go back one day, but I'll be pissed if that silly law goes into effect! Anyway, I used to be a regular in this tribe years ago. Just thought I'd pop in to say hello! BTW, my dd who was conceived a couple months after we visited Amsterdam, is named Annelies (after Anne Frank) due to our experience at the Anne Frank House.

#20 ·
It is a very clean city. My husband was shocked that there were no homeless people / people begging for food and change. They take good care of their people. We woke up early one morning and walked the streets before anything was open and street crews were out there cleaning the streets with hoses. Such a beautiful city!!

#21 ·
Hi ladies I don't know if this is a very active forum but I'd like to join, I'm an avid smoker, and I did post here a long while back when I was active on the boards :) Nice to see you all again

#22 ·
#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverysMomma View Post

Hey Mamas....it's be FOREVER since I've posted hellos, like, years now....I just wanted to let you know that I used YippieHippies awesome thread starter list of Cannabis Info in a thread on a thread in Parents as Partners:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1327317/how-much-support-to-reasonably-expect/20#post_16636988

The info just needed to be posted...ugh. I hope you don't mind that I did that. <3
blowkiss.gif
Ha, what a thread! I wasn't about to get into it, but yeah, it was her own issue w/willpower sounds like. Funny how people start getting so defensive/argumentative when a conversation turns to the evil weed, lol! How sad that such a great and helpful herb can be the bearer of such bad (and wrong) opinions:(

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

Ha, what a thread! I wasn't about to get into it, but yeah, it was her own issue w/willpower sounds like. Funny how people start getting so defensive/argumentative when a conversation turns to the evil weed, lol! How sad that such a great and helpful herb can be the bearer of such bad (and wrong) opinions:(
ITA with this post

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.