Military Moms: May-June 2011 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 76 Old 06-08-2011, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My brother's stationed out at bliss...

Congrats SierraBella! We STILL have no clue when my hubbys coming home. Have his post-deployment block leave set in concrete (17 whole days of not dealing with the Marine Corps!) but yeah... no clue when he will be home. I guess I could go with the first day of block leave as when he will HAVE to be home by... but that would just be depressing, its still a month and half away!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#62 of 76 Old 06-08-2011, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madis81 View Post

Southwest Texas. It's by El Paso, very close to Juarez, Mexico.

Oh cool. I am still VERY new to all things military, lol.

I've spent a lot of time in that area though. My grandmother used to live in El Paso and she'd take me to Juarez so that she could bring back an extra carton of cigarettes, lol

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#63 of 76 Old 06-08-2011, 02:40 PM

JustKate I have not heard about the MTFs being fully but I know they are miserable to deal with and you wait forever. You CAN appeal to see a civilian dr if they send you to an MTF. PM me if you want details :)

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#64 of 76 Old 06-12-2011, 07:51 PM

Tomorrow is going to be very tough on me. Our first anniversary and I STILL don't have a date about when he is coming home.

Oh, and I'm photographing a homecoming. Yeah... photographing another Marine coming home on a very special day that I'm missing mine? Probably a dumb idea, but his wife is a very very very good friend of mine and I couldn't possibly tell her no or back out. It's important to her to have good photos!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#65 of 76 Old 06-17-2011, 05:19 AM

SO..... I haven't heard from my husband in over 24 hours... for the first time in months (even Typhoon Songda didn't keep his internet off this long)

And my stupid brain is saying he's on his way home and going to surprise me. My logical brain is saying no, the FRO didn't email us. My stupid brain is saying he told them not to because he wants to surprise me. My logical brain is saying SHUT UP you don't want to be disappointed when he gets on Skype later, it would make him feel bad! My stupid brain is saying the original date he was supposed to be home is well under a week away. My logical brain is saying hmmmmmmmm good point.

:|

Edit: over 48 hours. Still nothing :/

Edit again: over 72 hours. if he doesn't show up on my doorstep or at the very least attempt to call today I am going to be beyond pissed. Military or not, there's no excuse for this. He's not in a war zone, he's not working and he gave me no warning that it would be several days before I heard from him again.

#66 of 76 Old 06-19-2011, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I hope he showed up and you are having a reunion now!

#67 of 76 Old 06-20-2011, 01:26 AM

Nope. And still no word from him. I can't sleep now and I'm in tears over this.

#68 of 76 Old 06-20-2011, 03:59 AM

greensad.gif  Oh, MaerynPearl, big hug2.gif.  I hope you hear something soon!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#69 of 76 Old 06-20-2011, 05:08 AM

Emailed the FRO but no response yet.

It's bothering me to think maybe I did something wrong and he's pissed at me and I don't know it?

I mean... that's the only logical conclusion my brain can come to for why he would play Words With Friends (which requires him to be near wireless internet on his iPod) and NOT get a hold of me at all.

#70 of 76 Old 06-20-2011, 08:11 AM

He was playing his X box.

For five days.

He's still in Japan... just the X box was more important than his family.

He is, though, now fully aware of just how pissed his wife is at him and that he is going to make it up to us (the kids and I) when he comes home.

#71 of 76 Old 06-23-2011, 06:55 PM

Well I am glad you heard from him and I am glad he knows how pissed you are. I would be fuming and he would be hearing me where ever he was with out a phone! I am sorry you had to deal with that :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

He was playing his X box.

For five days.

He's still in Japan... just the X box was more important than his family.

He is, though, now fully aware of just how pissed his wife is at him and that he is going to make it up to us (the kids and I) when he comes home.

Navy wife, mama of 3 girls, 3 boys, 2 kitties and wanting more. No vax, no circ, trying to live as natural as  we can. We are working on it
#72 of 76 Old 06-23-2011, 07:52 PM

MP, keep in mind that homecoming can be stressful on him too, he may be having jitters about coming back to a baby that he hasn't seen most of her life and a wife that is expecting a lot from him. please give him all the benefit of the doubt you can muster. being mad at him right as he gets home does you or him no good

mbhf likes this.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#73 of 76 Old 06-30-2011, 07:18 AM

MP, did he say why he was out of contact?  That seems strange, that he wouldn't have known that you would be worried about him.  I would be beyond pissed too, but maybe there's something going on that has him stressed--who knows.  I hope that you can smooth over this so that there isn't any extra stress on his homecoming.  Big hugs to you! hug2.gif

#74 of 76 Old 06-30-2011, 02:12 PM

He was playing video games. That's it.

He hasn't had a job to do in over a month as they already gave their vehicles over to the new guys coming in, he had nothing else to do, didn't even call the kids on Fathers Day... just sat and played video games on his time off for five days and didn't once think of the fact that yes, it will piss me off. Ignoring me for video games is a big part of the reason I divorced my ex-husband (as well as several other issues) and he knows it.

We're all better now though. He knows the Xbox is going in the closet when he gets home and that if he spends that long without calling me ever again the reason sure as heck better not be "video games."

I would have been fine if it were anything dealing with his job... but yeah... this is just uncalled for.

#75 of 76 Old 07-11-2011, 07:05 PM

Hi ladies!  My dh is AGR with the WI NG.  He found out recently that there is about a 50% chance of him deploying for a year, with him leaving in about 6 weeks.  He has to get approved by folks over in Europe to fill this slot, though, because it is several grades above his rank; we have no idea when he might find out whether he's going or not, but the CO of the detachment wants him for this slot.  My question is, how do I prepare my son (will be turning 9 around the same time that dh would be leaving), when we don't know whether this will happen or not?  Do we wait to tell him so that we don't worry him needlessly, or is it better to start preparing him now?  I don't know what to do to help be ready for this, since nothing is decided.  :(    I grew up in the military and spent large chunks of my childhood with my dad gone, but this will be our first extended separation as a couple and as parents (he's been gone for up to 10 weeks before).  And being AGR, there aren't a whole lot of other military families around here that have btdt.  

Thanks for any advice you might have!  

#76 of 76 Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

New thread!!!

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1321283/military-moms-july-august-2011#post_16549633

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page