Night owl mamas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-27-2011, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Almost 2 am here. Sleepy? Yeah, a little. But seriously enjoying the peace and quiet... the me time! 

I'd write more but just cause I'm awake doesn't mean my brain is!

#2 of 4 Old 07-24-2011, 06:45 PM

I have always been a night owl and it is "my" time.  Kids are finally quiet and I can do what ever I want now that I am looking at life as a single momma.  I can talk on the phone to night owl friends, read, internet surf, whatever.  I try to turn in by 2 am but even then sometimes have a hard time sleeping. 

#3 of 4 Old 08-04-2011, 11:08 PM

Oh my gosh this is me and it only gets worse when I am pregnant. I am struggle to wake up in the morning then am awake for 2-3 hours then am in tired until about six and get a second wind until 7-9 ish but can't bring myself to go to sleep on the chance my darling toddler is asleep for fear she'll smell me lol and then never can fall asleep. I agree with pp it's my time. But I must admit. I, too, have always been a night owl. I am just more tired since I have become a mom.

Thank you for starting this.

"E" reggo :yoga wash.gif :clothes and if I have time knit.gif peas in a pod with overworked DP "E" Cosleeping, Extended breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering(a bit obsessed), babywearing, SAHM to DD wl 9/09 and expecting homebirth in 4/12 joy.gif
#4 of 4 Old 05-27-2012, 07:50 PM

I'm in! I am a total night owl to begin with, throw in the wonderful draw of quiet alone time and a touch of insomnia...and I'm up until 5am most nights. Luckily for me, my husband (most days anyways) doesn't work until 1pm, so I can sleep until noon. Some weeks though I get on average 3-4 hours of sleep a night. I know i should go ot bed earlier, but I just enjoy being alone and not having anyone demand things of me sooooooo much!

I love the late night...

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page