Military Moms: July-August 2011 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#61 of 71 Old 09-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry haven't been on. We had damage, but didn't evacuate. In all, it wasn't terrible.

I've been very busy with school starting, Mae walking EVERYWHERE now and chasing her, doing photo shoots for other Marine wives in the area, etc. 

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#62 of 71 Old 09-03-2011, 07:06 PM

glad to hear you are ok, nice you didnt have to evacuate without dh!

thanks for checking in

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#63 of 71 Old 09-06-2011, 06:14 PM

oh yes that... they decided at the very last minute that DH got to be home with us too! Exact orders from the commander were "men who have families need to be with them." and next thing he knew hubby was being told "we found a single Marine to replace you, go be home with your wife and kids."

Sometimes the Marine Corps gets it right.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#64 of 71 Old 09-06-2011, 06:42 PM

it is really nice when they do things like that right.  (and you wonder why folks get married so quick and young in the military sometimes!)

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#65 of 71 Old 09-07-2011, 05:28 PM

so they are finally getting the first batch of Social Groups put together, we need a second group leader and a final thought about our name

anyone want to step up, im thinking our group changes folks pretty slowly, it will be very little work and we can change co group leader s at any time and there can be as many as we want, we just need to start with at least two

as for  a final name choice (it can be changed but probably not in the first month as they are doing set up)

what do folks like best:

1. Military Family Life
  2. Military Life
  3. Military Family & Friends

#66 of 71 Old 09-07-2011, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

oh yes that... they decided at the very last minute that DH got to be home with us too! Exact orders from the commander were "men who have families need to be with them." and next thing he knew hubby was being told "we found a single Marine to replace you, go be home with your wife and kids."

Sometimes the Marine Corps gets it right.

That's awesome! Yay!

---

New Group Name: I like Military Life .. I think it encorporates everyone, without leaving anyone behind (not-yet-moms, not-yet-married, etc)

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#67 of 71 Old 09-09-2011, 11:06 AM

I can, I've been wanting more reason to be active on mothering again, I've been lurking more than anything lately.

I think I prefer "Military Family Life" because that explains us the best, it's not just wives... but everyone in the family and what it does to our lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

so they are finally getting the first batch of Social Groups put together, we need a second group leader and a final thought about our name

anyone want to step up, im thinking our group changes folks pretty slowly, it will be very little work and we can change co group leader s at any time and there can be as many as we want, we just need to start with at least two

as for  a final name choice (it can be changed but probably not in the first month as they are doing set up)

what do folks like best:

1. Military Family Life
  2. Military Life
  3. Military Family & Friends

#68 of 71 Old 09-09-2011, 06:29 PM

sounds good MP, i will be happy to have you as a group leader. (hard to believe that there would be a day that you would be a lurker duck.gif)

Military Family Life does not roll of the tongue as easy and Military Life, but i do think it is closer to who we are and what MDC is.

#69 of 71 Old 09-10-2011, 08:35 AM

Well we can always shorten it to MLF lol

#70 of 71 Old 09-10-2011, 10:16 AM

ok that is sooooo wrong! ( i guess that is why we keep you around winky.gif)

anyway without further ado here is the link to the social group Military Family Life there is not a an easy way to navigate to the groups if you dont have a link, so save that or come back here to click thru. the will be an upgrade within the month that gives a button on the main navigation bar for all the groups. once you join, it shows up in your side bar and is helpful that way.

See you all over there!

#71 of 71 Old 10-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

SInce we now have a social group for Military Family Life this thread is closed. Your posting can continue over there. smile.gif

Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page