ISO a Gut Healing Tribe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-02-2012, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm new to Mothering.com and starting what I think will be a difficult journey without support.  My DS is 4 months old and was diagnosed with a tongue tie(anterior and posterior) at 5 days.  We've had it revised with Dr. Kotlow by laser along with a lip tie.  This was the beginning of my journey.  Now I've been following Jennifer Tow in the holistic mothering/lactation group on FB.  I recently took her gut healing class and now think my next step is to heal my own leaky gut to help my son's.  Some searches of the Mothering forums have lead me to a Healing the Gut Tribe but I can't find anything current.  Help point me in the right direction!

#2 of 4 Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

You might try in our Nutrition and Good Eating forum as well: http://www.mothering.com/community/f/267/nutrition-and-good-eating

In there or in the sub forums I know there are people talking about healing the gut.  Also in our Allergies forum: http://www.mothering.com/community/f/307/allergies

Good luck!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 07:51 AM

Hi, I'm technically not new to MDC, but I haven't been on in quite some time. I am learning about healing my gut(and my family) and am currently on day five of no grains. I've been studying about this for several months leading up to it though. Not exactly sure how I will make my family as dedicated to the cause as I am...so I would love some support. Ironically, I am in Torrington and just came onto the boards to browse the Finding your tribe forum for my area. Finding nothing, I stumbled across this post. How are you doing on a new diet? I can lead you in the direction of some amazing blogs and interesting recipes if you haven't found them all yourself already. I would not be able to do this without them. I've been learning how to make milk kefir, am about to make my own kombucha scoby so I can make some kombucha, and am experimenting with recipes like crazy. My family is a little skeptical about me finding ways to cook without grains. I'm also sprouting and learning about sprouting grains to prepare them for proper digestion. I'd love to talk with you about all this, because I've become slightly obsessed...and my husband might not be as excited about all this as I am.lol.

I'm also exclusively bf my 7 month old dd who is not vaxed, cosleeps, lives in my Moby wrap...etcetc...and I've also got a 12 year old dd and a 9 year old ds. :-) would love to hear from you!!! Not many like minded moms in my circle at the moment....

~JENN.
#4 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

I had been casually DF and am now completely DF since early July after an episode obviously triggered by my foods.  Now I'm struggling with other health issues of my own, especially weight loss, and am suspecting celiac so I'm going to go GF now too.  Through FB groups and local mommy groups I'm finding other moms to connect with bit by bit.  It is hard to approach this all alone and today I was feeling quite like myself against the world.  Just tonight at LLL I discovered 2 more moms who are eating GF and straight from nature.  I would love anything you'd like to pass along!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page