Lonely/no friend mamas - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have found the time to move on from a friendship is when I suddenly realize that I am the one putting all the effort in. I have some friends where we go months without speaking and then one of us picks up the phone and it is as if no time has passed. Other's I found with the passage of time our lives took different paths and we had no common ground anymore. Those are the ones I move on from.

Kathy-Mom to Blake & Mikaela
#152 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~lioneyes~
Hi everyone~
I'm new here also. I have lived in the same small town for 8years, but since I have gone back to college, I have lost many of my friends. I go to school online, so I don't even get the chance to meet new people. A few years ago, I decided that I was tired of being the friend who did everything for everyone else, and got nothing in return. So, I broke my ties with them. It has been very lonely, but I am a lot less stressed, and sad. I am having my first baby in February, and I feel so lucky to have my dh, who is my best friend. We hope to move to a more AP town in a few years after I am done with school. Hopefully I will meet some new people there!
Hi Chelsea! I recognize you from our DDC - I'm due with #4 in mid February - well my "official" due date is March 1, but I have yet to make it to my due date so I'm not expecting to hit it with this one either :LOL
#153 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferH
I really miss just hanging out and shooting the breeze. It seems like the issues in my friends' lives keep them so busy that even a phone call is out of the question. I'm almost to the point of giving up on one. She doesn't bother to call or return calls and I haven't seen or heard from her in months. I'm usually the one to pick up the phone. How hard is it to take 5 minutes to pick up the phone and say "Hi"?

At what point do you mourn the loss of a friendship and just move on?
I hear you! My best friend and I were roommates for a long time, she helped me raise my youngest dd for 4 yrs! when dh and I got married, we moved from AZ to CA and I'm lucky if she calls me 3 times a year - usually I'm the one calling her, and when I do, she spends more time talking to her kids than she does to me, drives me crazy. I've pretty much given up, the last time I went to AZ to visit my mom, I didn't even tell her I was there.
#154 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewb
My dh is really the big trekkie. I did enjoy watching it with him. Out of all of them Captain Janeway was my favorite. The cat got her name because DH found her in an abandoned building and she appeared to be an orphan. He felt her start in life mirrored that character.
Janeway was my favorite as well - dh and I really liked the new series, Enterprise, but they took it off the air. Oh well, not like I don't have enough tv to watch as it is :LOL
#155 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 08:53 PM

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
#156 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 10:36 PM

Welcome Noorjahan!

Where are you from originally?
#157 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 10:52 PM

Welcome all new ladies to the tribe!!!!!!!!!

Christine
#158 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 11:36 PM

#159 of 1821 Old 09-30-2005, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noorjahan
thanks. I'm not new though to this tribe, however, you are very nice!!!

I'm from Bangladesh- "Dhaka".
Sorry - I haven't read through all the previous posts yet maybe I should do that huh :LOL Nice to meet you though I had a friend in college who was from Bangladesh, goodness, I haven't heard from him in years...
#160 of 1821 Old 09-30-2005, 12:21 AM

#161 of 1821 Old 09-30-2005, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Just curious have you ever had Indian/Bangladeshi food? Anyone here? If you had did you like it?
Arif (my friend) made something with curry - it's been so long I can't remember exactly what it was. I'm not a big curry fan so I didn't much care for it - that's the only thing I ever had though
#162 of 1821 Old 09-30-2005, 01:29 AM

i love curry. i have also had some lentil and garbanzo dishes that were good as well.
#163 of 1821 Old 09-30-2005, 01:52 AM

I guess I'll be last for the evening..... I'm Adriana and I am a WAHM and just moved last year to Warren County, NJ. I have a son, Justin 4 1/2 and would love another one (if allowed). My ds is also a trekkie and is into Star Wars stuff. I sell Sensaria products (natural skin care and body care products) and enjoy talking with all kinds of people. I have 2 kitties and I love so many things that I'd probably bore you. Love anything organic and love just descent, down-to-earth people who aren't out to prove anything. I didn't get a chance to read everyone's posts tonight, it's a late night for me tonight. I'll get there.
Hope to see you in November, KWEB.
Toodles!
#164 of 1821 Old 09-30-2005, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Just curious have you ever had Indian/Bangladeshi food? Anyone here? If you had did you like it?
Indian/Bangladeshi is one of the few foods I have not tried, yet. I find the smell of Curry to be very strong so we have not ventured that way yet. The closest I have come is with a vegetable dip I make that uses curry.
I do love trying new foods though, so one of these days.

#165 of 1821 Old 09-30-2005, 11:01 AM

noorjahan::
I have eaten Indian food before...It was rather hot but delicious all the same..
When I was 20yrs old I dated a A man from Paskistan I think..and he took me out to an Indian restauraunt.....
Also ..one of my aunts was married (now divorced) to a palistinian man, when I was 19 i went to loive with them for while and we were often at his families house for dinner ...good stuff..
#166 of 1821 Old 09-30-2005, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofaChild
: I have no clue what bon bons are. But I know exactly how you feel. Motherhood I believe some people don't realize that as a parent you want to give "all." Our children requires total commitment in our lives and we are all things, everyday. A nurse, a teacher, a counsellor..etc. I stay at home, knowing that my children "need" me. Once they are in full time, I plan on going back to school. Persue the career I want. But still in that degree of wants, I know that my relationship with my children has to always be before what I want ..even to some degree of what I need. That's what parenting is all about self sarcifice.

Bon bon = sweets
#167 of 1821 Old 09-30-2005, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I Indian food :LOL :LOL :LOL Its my favorite! Hubby and I are pretty poor but whenever we have a special date or something we go to the Indian place! Its GREAT!

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#168 of 1821 Old 09-30-2005, 11:24 PM

We had Naan and saffron rice tonight for dinner...

I want to jump on the bandwagon if I may. Dh has some friends, but I don't. The most social interaction I get in a week is with the bag boy at the store. I just don't break into groups well, so with LLL and stuff, I go, but haven't really done anything with anyone there.
#169 of 1821 Old 10-02-2005, 08:42 AM

Sounds like my dh. He has friends and gets together with them occasionaly. Stick him in a room with strangers and he is able to make friends.

Yesterday I went shopping by myself. I had a great time being without the kids but it would have been nice to have a girlfriend with me. *sigh*

#170 of 1821 Old 10-02-2005, 01:16 PM

Ya. same w/my guy...he is so talkative to everyone makes me mad sometimes ..lol...

my neighbors across the street had a yard sale yesterday, they have a 1 yr old son..same as my daughter. do you think I went over there to take a peek and say hello to my neighbors ..noooo......grrrr..I hate being so shy!!
#171 of 1821 Old 10-02-2005, 02:33 PM

#172 of 1821 Old 10-02-2005, 02:45 PM

#173 of 1821 Old 10-02-2005, 02:57 PM

I don't see your post twice.

Thank you for telling me about Chicken Tandoori. If I'm ever in an Indian restaurant that's what I'll order. I don't like hot foods.

I'll have to remember that name. Tandoori. Tandoori. Tandoori.

Maybe I'd better just write it down. :LOL

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#174 of 1821 Old 10-02-2005, 03:04 PM

I ask my DH if he is running for office because he has to say something to everbody. But I don't mind that he's outgoing, we balance each other out.
#175 of 1821 Old 10-02-2005, 03:32 PM

Quote:
yes, it's hot but veryyy tasty!!!

I love Arabian food too, however, it is not "hot" for me.I like falafel ..yummy!!

Those who haven't tried Indian food or do not like curry:

You can try Indian food without curry. I heard about it so many times as if Indian food is all about curry-it makes me wanna cry. There are so many other yummy good stuffs!! If you are in an Indian/Bangladeshi restaurent try these: Chicken Tandoori( red colored clay oven grilled-not hot at all), Dal(lentil soup), Shaak Paneer(spinach or anyother green leaves with cheese), Kabas (there are varities -we'd two types last night, still there are leftovers, hmm, I'm going to eat now!) all sorts of Breads and rice....yummy
You're making me hungry! Of course at 19 weeks pregnant, it's not difficult to make me hungry :LOL
#176 of 1821 Old 10-02-2005, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowningfrog
Ya. same w/my guy...he is so talkative to everyone makes me mad sometimes ..lol...

my neighbors across the street had a yard sale yesterday, they have a 1 yr old son..same as my daughter. do you think I went over there to take a peek and say hello to my neighbors ..noooo......grrrr..I hate being so shy!!
My dh is like this, he can walk into a room and within 20 minutes he knows everyone's name and their freaking life story! Me on the other hand, I walk into a room and look for the nearest corner to hide : I'm not at all outgoing and have always been extremely shy. I make myself mad sometimes because of it.
#177 of 1821 Old 10-02-2005, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys
You're making me hungry! Of course at 19 weeks pregnant, it's not difficult to make me hungry :LOL
Hey, Congratulations!!!!!

#178 of 1821 Old 10-02-2005, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer
I don't see your post twice.

Thanks.

Thank you for telling me about Chicken Tandoori. If I'm ever in an Indian restaurant that's what I'll order. I don't like hot foods.

I'll have to remember that name. Tandoori. Tandoori. Tandoori.

That was funny..... :LOL :LOL :LOL
Maybe I'd better just write it down. :LOL

#179 of 1821 Old 10-02-2005, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Hey, Congratulations!!!!!
Thanks!
#180 of 1821 Old 10-02-2005, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys
Thanks!
Do you know the gender of the baby? Or it's surprise?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page