Dis Mamas! - Disney moms unite! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 819 Old 07-03-2007, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kristina~ View Post
Hi, I'm completely addicted to Disney. My first trip was Feb 04, then I was hooked. Went back in Dec 04, Dec 05, Dec 06, and April 07. I would love to go again in Dec, but dh has said no, but it's looking like we'll be heading back next Oct for the free DP. My kids are so used to going that it's all they talk about. They even get on the "plane" and go to Disney about once a week.
LOL, sounds like my kids. Welcome to the thread.

Edited to add, I just noticed you are a neighbor only slightly to my North. Wonderful weather lately I know what you mean about going in Dec. We like to go in Jan or March go get out of MI. May is the best time to be FLA, but I like escaping winter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 819 Old 07-03-2007, 09:10 PM

May is very pretty down there. March is my favorite month in Florida but it's also high season w/Easter and Spring Break, which are NOT good times to go to Disney!

Jan is hit or miss weather wise.
#363 of 819 Old 07-04-2007, 06:07 AM

We go to Disneyland every Halloween. I've been to the Halloween celebrations in Orlando and Anaheim's Disney Parks. We are about 10 hours by car from Anaheim so we usually just drive down at night while the kids sleep and spend a couple days at Disney then drive back that night. Yeah, we're nuts, lol. But it is the perfect time of year for us especially as homeschoolers. The weather is just starting to turn cold in our town but it is still heavenly in CA. Crowds are low, even on Halloween, plus we avoid the sugar induced trick or treating with our kids. They'd much rather get stickers from their favorite characters at Disneyland than collect a huge bag of candy from the neighbors here,

Student Mama of Three
#364 of 819 Old 07-04-2007, 11:54 AM

kangaroo_mom, welcome! I have not been to DL yet and really want to. We keep getting AP to WDW (DVC discount) and with DVC the rooms are so afordable there. Plus the flight is half as long to FLA then CAL for us and no time changes. Still one of these days we really want to go. DH has cousins that live 10 miles away from it too (but we don't want to opose on them, just see them.) I am waiting until 2 year old DD is a bit older and I think I can magage her on a longer flight. 6 year old DD does wonderful on flights now and I think could handel it fine.

Wendy, I got it thanks. Eyes are tearing up already. I had to take a break or it would ruin all my freshly put on make up.
#365 of 819 Old 07-04-2007, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ladies, once again I have had to remove several posts that discussed other boards. Please, please, please do not do this. It is against the User Agreement:
Quote:
Do not post to invite MDC members to other boards for adversarial purposes or post inflammatory information about MDC discussions at other boards, or about communities and discussions elsewhere, regardless of whether or not you link to that discussion or community. This is to maintain and respect the integrity of our own and other communities.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#366 of 819 Old 07-04-2007, 04:40 PM

wendygrace - your TR is great!

do you mean you can't get your videos from your recorder to your computer? or that you don't know how to post them?

if they are already on your computer you can upload them to google or youtube. you can keep them private if you don't want them to be searchable.

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#367 of 819 Old 07-04-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Ladies, once again I have had to remove several posts that discussed other boards. Please, please, please do not do this. It is against the User Agreement:

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Sorry.
#368 of 819 Old 07-05-2007, 01:12 AM

sorry to interupt your babymoon annettemarie!
#369 of 819 Old 07-05-2007, 08:18 AM

So I am still torn about going to Disney. I mean, of course, I want to go, but there are some mitgating factors. Can you all help me sort it out?

First, even though my mom is putting up most of the money, we still have to come up with a decent size of change. I don't want to go to Florida for less than five days. And I am not changing hotels - too much of a PIA. I know. I know. The money doesn't concern me enough that I am willing to inconvience this princess-in-waiting. :

Secondly, I can't decide if we should go in the end of September when there is a deal ($105/night at POFQ vs. $185) which is a huge savings on my most favorite hotel. But seeing as weare actually on vacation this very minute, having another one in September just 8 or so weeks away, doesn't seem like proper spacing yk? A HUGE factor in these dates is I REALLY want to go to the Halloween party. Like more than anything. But late Sept is also a time of possibly reallyy bad heat (I wilt like a flower in anything over a dry 80) and the time of the dreaded hurricane. Lastly, as you might imagine since it is so close, I called for ressies at Cindy's castle and no dice. Anyone ever had any luck getting a reservation for it so close to a trip? My dd will be really sad if we don't get to go.

Alternatively, we could also go in early late November/December value season, or early January/February. But no halloween party. And my mom loves xmas, but me and dd don't celebrate it really. And the weather. It seems like it gets too cold to go swimming, and can borderline on chilly. Going at this time will let me escape winter just a tad, which I really need to do, since I think I get a touch of SAD. It will also be right before my busy tax time, so the spacing of vacations seem good.

Its all so confusing! And I just really really want to go to Disney again, but man! waying the pros and cons, I am totally torn. The only thing swaying me to one side or the other is the little voice in my head "If you don't go now it could be a year or more!"
#370 of 819 Old 07-05-2007, 02:17 PM

Goodcents, I reccomend going in January or February. You'll get a major discount, you'll have time to save up, and, and there is no cure for SAD like Disney. (I get SAD too.) The weather is not bad at all in FL in the winter, like in the 50s and 60s I think or better. As far as the Halloween thing, I've been there on Halloween, and I think it's way over-rated myself-- and we are big into Halloween. We wore out pirate costumes and everything. It just wasn't anything I would try to be there for again, kind of take-it-or-leave-it for me. (Sorry to anyone who loves the Halloween celebrations there! : )

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#371 of 819 Old 07-05-2007, 03:46 PM

I would not want to go to disney without a sure fire ressie if my child would go home w/o seeing their favorite character if that is what was really important to them...btdt...nothing worse than having to leave the magic kingdom w/ a three year old that didn't get to see Minnie when that was all she wanted out of the entire trip.

If it is not as crucial, and the child is older though, I heard that sometimes there are last minute cancellations and small groups can get into Cindy's castle when you call the morning of.
#372 of 819 Old 07-05-2007, 07:07 PM
AMJ

Goodcents...we've been at WDW the last two September's and it is hot. High 80's to low 90's plus humidity. The advantage to that weather to us is that there is no trouble swimming at night when you get back to the hotel, but the disadvantage is that you will melt during the day! It's also "free dining" season (that's they reason we've gone for the last two years!) so good ADR's are tough to come by. I can't really comment on the Halloween festivities since we haven't done the party, but a friend of mine who loves Halloween thought that the Halloween party was great. In fact, they are going back this year at the end of September and are going to the Halloween party twice.

This last year we also went in December (11th-19th). I really liked this time of year. The weather was quite nice. Warm enough during the day to wear shorts and my DD swam on several of the nights too. The crowds during the first part of the week were good, but really picked up as the weekend approached. I really enjoy Christmas decorations,parades, and special events (MVMCP and Candlelight Processional) so it was a really nice time for us. If you're not really into Christmas, you might be a little put off. It's pretty blatant and in your face, if you ask me.

In 2006, we went at the end of January/beginning of February. For us, the weather was similar to what we experienced in December. Some days were warmer/cooler than others. We had days in the low 80's, but we also had a couple of days in the 60's. Packing was a pain for that trip! My friend who loves the Halloween stuff visited in January 2007 and the weather was horrible. Cold and rainy the entire time.

We also went in May this year (I know...we've gone Disney crazy...I blame it on getting an Annual Pass this year). We were there over Memorial Day weekend and for a few days before. Crowds were better than I thought that they would be and the weather wasn't as hot as it has been for us in September. If you're into gardening at all (I'm not, but my mom, who traveled with us, is very much so), the Flower and Garden Festival is going on at Epcot. I'm more of a Food & Wine Festival kind of girl myself!
#373 of 819 Old 07-05-2007, 10:04 PM

As a Floridian, I'd say go the first week of December, or the week after Thanksgiving (not sure how it falls this year.) That is great weather too, you can count on warm (low 70's to upper 70s) so you can swim in the daytime but you aren't melting like in Sept.

Sept is the hottest month to me, I guess by then because I am usually so sick of the hot/sticky weather.

Jan/Feb are hit or miss for weather, and most likely no swimming. Jan and the beg of Feb can be very chilly!!

We went the 16-22nd of Dec this past year and it was AWESOME!!!!! The crowds were great, I loved the decoration for the holidays and some of the nights the Magic Kingdom stayed open late and we had such a good time!!
#374 of 819 Old 07-06-2007, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

Heading to the World tomorrow! I'll post when we return on the 21st!
#375 of 819 Old 07-06-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanInItaly View Post
As a Floridian, I'd say go the first week of December, or the week after Thanksgiving (not sure how it falls this year.) That is great weather too, you can count on warm (low 70's to upper 70s) so you can swim in the daytime but you aren't melting like in Sept.
That's when we're going this year! But then, I love the Christmas decorations.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#376 of 819 Old 07-06-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieWin View Post
Yay!!! Have fun!

#377 of 819 Old 07-06-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieWin View Post
Ya! have a wonderful magical time!
#378 of 819 Old 07-06-2007, 06:47 PM

Have fun Angie!!

i think early spring is a perfect time to go, weather-wise

#379 of 819 Old 07-06-2007, 06:53 PM

Have fun!!!

Early spring is great too, depending on when Easter/Spring Break fall. I love March in Florida but those are usually bad months to be at Disney because of the crowds.

May is nice too, early May.
#380 of 819 Old 07-07-2007, 09:05 AM

Hi ladies..we're heading down to WDW 8/15-23 staying at Saratoga Springs (DVC members)..anyone else going down same time???
#381 of 819 Old 07-07-2007, 12:02 PM

not us... we're thinking of going 1 night august 11th... but nt sure yet.

#382 of 819 Old 07-07-2007, 02:11 PM

after a lot of waffling we have decided to go to MNSSHP, we managed to get the summer deal for a mod. I am so excited. This is the perfect kick off before our ride on the wonder!
#383 of 819 Old 07-08-2007, 09:57 PM

Oh you guys have fun!! I'll have to live vicariously through you guys! DH and I are thinking of a trip back next summer. Fla isn't that close to us anymore, LOL!
#384 of 819 Old 07-08-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Oh you guys have fun!! I'll have to live vicariously through you guys! DH and I are thinking of a trip back next summer. Fla isn't that close to us anymore, LOL!
Not to Hawaii, : is DL closer? I have never been but would like to go someday. For now the flight is always cheaper and easier to FLA.
#385 of 819 Old 07-09-2007, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendid View Post
after a lot of waffling we have decided to go to MNSSHP, we managed to get the summer deal for a mod. I am so excited. This is the perfect kick off before our ride on the wonder!
We love the Wonder. We had a great time in May when we sailed for the 1st time. I wrote a trip report about it if ever want to read it, just PM me.
#386 of 819 Old 07-09-2007, 01:51 AM

Hi all! Just found out that there was a Disney thread here! I don't post a ton, due to a couple very demanding ladies in my life, but thought I would give a big hello to you all.

We (well, okay, me abd the 4 year old!) are Disney-holics and we will be there in Sept for free dining this year (this is our 3rd year for FD). I don't want to wish the summer away, but can't wait!!!
#387 of 819 Old 07-09-2007, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.PhD View Post
Not to Hawaii, : is DL closer? I have never been but would like to go someday. For now the flight is always cheaper and easier to FLA.

I'm hoping to get to Disneyland Tokyo personally, LOL!! (is that what it's called?) Hoping to use points too!

We are probably going to San Diego this fall so I might try to hit DL, just for the sake of it. Gotta go at least once, right?

Glad you figured out who I was, LOL!
#388 of 819 Old 07-09-2007, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm not sure what side of the fence I'm on, but I go between loving Disney and hating it.

Although, I think this is because I used to work there, and DS was actually conceived there!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

#389 of 819 Old 07-09-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I'm hoping to get to Disneyland Tokyo personally, LOL!! (is that what it's called?) Hoping to use points too!

We are probably going to San Diego this fall so I might try to hit DL, just for the sake of it. Gotta go at least once, right?

Glad you figured out who I was, LOL!
I would love to see DL Tokyo, I hear they have some amazing things there. The chances of me ever making it over there is pretty slim. I would love to hear all about it after you go.

sjccheerdoll, I always wanted to work at WDW. I do wonder if it would spoil some of the magic. That is cool to have a child conceived at WDW!

Hi cuppycake and welcome!
#390 of 819 Old 07-09-2007, 11:22 PM

We're not going until next May but it will be our first trip to SSR - as we are new DVC members! Last time we went I was PG with #3, next time we go he will be 20 months! It will be a lot more fun being able to actually go on the rides this time...DH and DD keep going on and on about Splash Mountain and I don't even remember it from when I was a kid. It is like my next trip to WDW will be my first in many ways!

Sara

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page