Dis Mamas! - Disney moms unite! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 819 Old 07-27-2007, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are 54 days out from our wish trip!!!! I put up a pre trippie. I hope to start planning out every second of each day soon, and every meal since they have food allergies. My moms getting patterns and fabrics for princess dresses today. Dh might be getting a pay raise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 819 Old 07-27-2007, 06:57 PM

Max,

Yes, the Tea Party is quite pricey, but you do get the porcelain doll, bracelet, and tiara w/ the entertainment, food, meet n' greet, and....well she will only be 5 once. I scrimped BIGTIME on her birthday/party so that this could happen.

We are going to BBB at the Castle on the night we go to MNSSHP. I am looking forward to that too!!

--Missy
#423 of 819 Old 08-01-2007, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR33 View Post
Anyone have any advice about DCA? We didn't make it there last trip. I'll have 3 kids ages 3,6,9.
You hear it isn't any good, but we liked it. It doesn't trump DL but there are some great things!! You MUST go on Soarin' Over California - just gorgeous!! And the river raft ride is good. Old DL Electrical Light Parade goes through CA now. And there is an indoor Aladdin theater production that is a great, cool break mid-day. Tons of stuff really. I of course prefer DL but we always hop over to CA too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*max*~ View Post
Has anyone done the Bippity Boppity Boutique for their kids?
Never heard of this. Can someone fill me in?

Oh, and I've been reading the last few pages looking for any information on how they pin trade now. That is one of our favorite parts, but dd1 heard that they no longer have the kiosks where you get two minutes to trade two pins of your choice. Do you still get to trade with the cast members? She heard something about areas where you trade with other Disney visitors.

Also, your opinion of best character dining? I won't do a breakfast as that is prime riding time, but lunch or dinner is good. We love dinner at Goofy's Kitchen, and have done the old character meal at PP - with Daisy and Max and ? It was small so you really got a lot of time with the characters, but not nearly as fun as GK imo.

We go this month!!!! We make a trip when each kid turns four. This year they are 11, almost 7, and 4.
#424 of 819 Old 08-01-2007, 07:38 AM

Kirsten, I just learned that the Bibbity Bobbidy Boutique is in the Downtown Disney's Marketplace. The "Fairey Godmother's apprentices" do the girls' hair, nails, glittery make up. They can also make a tiara. It sounds really cute, but pretty pricey. Packages start at around $50. The toy store that houses it also has a pirate play area for the kids that sounds really fun (and free).

We have hit a few great character meals. Some of our favoites are: Cinderella's Castle, Chef Mickey at the Contempory Hotel, and Donald's Breakasaurus in Animal Kingdom. I strongly recommend making reservations asap, or you may not get in. They fill up very quick and it is unlikely that you will be able to just walk in. The nice thing about having a reservation is that it is a planned break during a busy day, a time to rest, relax, eat, cool off & regroup.

To all, I just bought the book "Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2007". It is an excellent resource for trip planning. We have been to DW several times & I thought I knew just about everything, but I have learned about a lot more cool stuff!

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#425 of 819 Old 08-01-2007, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaostrich View Post
Max,

Yes, the Tea Party is quite pricey, but you do get the porcelain doll, bracelet, and tiara w/ the entertainment, food, meet n' greet, and....well she will only be 5 once. I scrimped BIGTIME on her birthday/party so that this could happen.

We are going to BBB at the Castle on the night we go to MNSSHP. I am looking forward to that too!!

--Missy
That sounds so sweet. Your dd is going to love it! Please report back & let us know how it goes.

I just read about an Alice in Wonderland Tea Party at the Contemporary Hotel. It is only $30/child & they do a light lunch, tea party, story & I think a craft. I think I am going to check this out. W/4 kids I couldn't afford the biggy, but this seems doable.

#426 of 819 Old 08-01-2007, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
As a former CM, I really recommend the breakfast at Ohana- it's at the resort so it's not as omg-fastpaced as in the park, but it's probably the best character breakfast, IMO. (I loathe Crystal Palace, for many reasons.) Chip & Dale's Campfire is cool as well (at Fort Wilderness), you might want to see if that's running.

Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique is nice, definitely fun for the younger set, but pretty expensive. It's housed in World of Disney at Downtown Disney. They also have a great pirate room!

They have Disney Pin Traders at Downtown Disney (a store), and last I knew, CMs HAD to pin trade with Guests. When I worked in positions outside of my normal one (I worked in entertainment), I HATED pin trading. It's brilliant, really- capitalism at its finest. But there are some real cutthroats with pin trading, like the 50yos who have EVERY PIN EVER OMG and they pick a really nice HTF pin off your lanyard and give you a crappy one in its place. CMs don't buy their own pins, Disney gives them to us specifically for pin trading.

Note- if you have kids, look for a CM wearing a green lanyard. They can only trade with kids under 12 (and a lot of times have really awesome pins).

In Epcot, a really cool place to meet characters is between Italy and America in the World Showcase. Also, you've GOT to get Kaki-Gori in Japan... Best. Snowcones. Ever. I like the honeydew melon flavor.

Like I said- I'm a former CM, so if there's any questions, feel free to ask or PM or whatnot.

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

#427 of 819 Old 08-01-2007, 09:57 AM

we decided to go up for a day next friday

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#428 of 819 Old 08-01-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:

Has anyone done the Bippity Boppity Boutique for their kids? I am thinking about it for my crew this year.
My dd went last yr with her best friend for her friend's birthday. I didn't go so I can't tell you much, but they looked like princesses when they were done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieWin View Post
Yay, so glad people are finding us!! We are home from our 16 day trip!!
How was your trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
we decided to go up for a day next friday
Have a great time!

We leave in a month I'm still planning. I just added a night at POR for the beginning of our trip. We'll be at the Polynesian and SSR the rest of the trip. Every time we go we try to do something new. This time we are going to the water parks. I want to try out restaurants we have never been too. All of our ADR's are at places or meals we haven't given a try yet.
#429 of 819 Old 08-02-2007, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Our trip was wonderful, with a few bumps in the way.

We went for 16 days. The first week we spent at the Holiday Villas just down Osceola Parkway from WDW. It was decent, but we arent going back. My 12 year old stepson had a baseball tournament so we stayed with the team. We alternated park days and rest/baseball days and that schedule worked better for the boys. On Friday the 13th, I did 13 hours at MK by myself with a 4 year old and not quite 2 year old! But it was our best day! With strategic fast-pass planning and multiple restbreaks it was a great day. We didnt wait more than 20 minutes for anything. And both boys fell asleep by fireworks time.

Week 2 we did parks for 6 days straight (lots of play/water play breaks) but still overwhelming. We cut 3 of our days short and went back to the resort early. We stayed at a Marrriot timeshare next to the Marriot World Center. Awesome location (4 minutes from our parking lot to DTD). About 10 months ago, dh and I asked MIL to join us (she was still mourning from her husband passing 5 months earlier) and then dniece. We also asked my parents to join us, but they had to cancel the day before. My dad had kidney stones and couldnt fly. He is fine now though. NOW we know MIL and dniece are not good traveling companions for anyone, and more than 4 hours with either one is too much for me. Wish I would have known that before! MIL complained about almost everything and more than once said it was not a pleasant trip. Dniece (22 year old, but mentally about the age of my 12 and 13 year old stepkids) I guess thought we should pay for everything but her souveniors, it was like having 5 kids!

Overlooking that "fun" the second week was a blast too! I cant complain too much when we are in Disney! I am ready to plan our next trip now! We are thinking Disneyland next Spring!
#430 of 819 Old 08-11-2007, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am so thrilled - we got all of our Advanced Dining Reservations booked for our trip in early 2008! We got in to all the places we wanted, and have 8 character meals planned, and a whole bunch of other places including Le Cellier and Coral Reef. We called as soon as we could, and I made *19* reservations. We are totally splurging and and doing the deluxe dining plan. Yay! I love to organize!
#431 of 819 Old 08-11-2007, 02:57 PM

we went yesterday for the day - actually dh went up wednesday and spent thursday at typhoon lagoon and then I took a greyhound up and after dinner went to disney quest. yesterday we went to AK and came home at night.

let me just say august is NOT a good time to go - HOT AND CROWDED!!

we went to raglan road - yum! I want to go when it's cool out so I can enjoy it more - wanted to try the mushroom soup for instance.

we got the choose your own thing to dip at goofy's candy store - yum and not very expensive! they have pretzels, rice cripie treats, apples, cookies, marshmellows, etc. if you are doing the dining plan it counts as a snack credit!

#432 of 819 Old 08-11-2007, 03:49 PM

We went in Aug for our 10 year aniversary (4 years ago this week.) and after that we decieded NOT to go again in Aug if at all possible (never say never and all.) It was very rainy and just not as much fun as other times of year.

Still with Anna being in school full time this fall taking her out more then once a year isn't wise. I know a lot of people homeschool, but that would not be a good plan for us (I am way to lazy.) : Still sometimes home schooling looks good that way. We love to go early Dec, or Jan, 1st week in March (DH's colleges spring break) and the 1st week in May. All great times!
#433 of 819 Old 08-12-2007, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaostrich View Post
Max,

--Missy

I am taking my daughter who is in love with all things princess for her 8th birthday. It is wickedly expensive, but I think she will be beyond thrilled.
#434 of 819 Old 08-17-2007, 08:40 AM

I need to book my dinner reservations now too for our January trip. What are everyone's favorite places to eat? :

#435 of 819 Old 08-17-2007, 11:51 AM

we just ate at Raglan Road last week and liked it a lot.

we LOVE whispering canyon for breakfast - it is a must do for us.

we like brown derby, 50s prime time cafe, Tonys (people either love or hate it)

what kind of food do you like? and are you looking for character meals? I have a list of all the places we've eaten at but it's at home LOL

#436 of 819 Old 08-17-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
we just ate at Raglan Road last week and liked it a lot.

we LOVE whispering canyon for breakfast - it is a must do for us.

we like brown derby, 50s prime time cafe, Tonys (people either love or hate it)

what kind of food do you like? and are you looking for character meals? I have a list of all the places we've eaten at but it's at home LOL
What/where is Raglan Cafe? I haven't heard of that one. We love Whispering Caynon Cafe too! Although we have only had dinner there. My kids love that waiter BJ. He taught my ds how to make spit balls. I haven't been to Tony's yet, but did just make a dinner res there. Has anyone done dinner at Ohana at the Polynesian? I'd like to try that too.

#437 of 819 Old 08-17-2007, 04:25 PM

Raglan Road is at downtown disney - by the pleasure island enterance

I've only heard good things about OHana but we've never eaten there because the kids and I don't eat meat (my dh does) and it doesn't seem like we'd have a lot of options

we have eaten at Kona though and looooved it

#438 of 819 Old 08-17-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:

I've only heard good things about OHana but we've never eaten there because the kids and I don't eat meat (my dh does) and it doesn't seem like we'd have a lot of options

Thanks Andrea. That's good to know.

#439 of 819 Old 08-18-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
What/where is Raglan Cafe? I haven't heard of that one. We love Whispering Caynon Cafe too! Although we have only had dinner there. My kids love that waiter BJ. He taught my ds how to make spit balls. I haven't been to Tony's yet, but did just make a dinner res there. Has anyone done dinner at Ohana at the Polynesian? I'd like to try that too.
We tried Ohannas in 2003 or 2004 and we loved it. Shortly after they changed their menu and we didn't like it as much, but it was ok.

Our last trip to Ohannas we decided it was the last time because it really was on a continual decline. Each time was a not as good as the last and we figured there was enough places at WDW that we really did like to go to. There are some games for kids to play that are fun, but those too seemed to go downhill. It seems like every time we went they dropped something fun. For your 1st time you more then likely won't be disappointed because you don't have anything to compare it to.

I do think that Kona cafe is great.

On the same note, we will not be doing the dinning plan in 2008 with their new changes. They took away the appetizer, and the included tip and dropped the price by just one dollar a day per person. They took away about 10 to 15 value depending on what you order. I wrote Disney to tell them that too.

Tonys can be hit or miss. It isn't our favorite place, but it can be good. We haven't had the best service there, but that might just be our luck. We really enjoyed spoodles on the boardwalk on our last trip.
#440 of 819 Old 08-18-2007, 12:19 PM

Hello everyone!!! Just found this group. We are 17 days away from going to Disney for the 2nd time this year. We LOVE Disney!! We are going during free dining so that will be a new experience for us. We are going to Jo Jo & Little Einsteins breakfast and surprising my daughter with Cinderella Breakfast. I even went and bought her a Cinderella dress so she'll be all decked out for the breakfast. We also bought tickets for the Princess & Pirate party. I wasn't impressed with the Christmas party a couple years ago, but I'm hoping this one will be cooler.

Anyway we try to go to Disney at least once a year. We buy the lifetime tickets with tax returns and they last for about 2 yrs.
#441 of 819 Old 08-18-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:

We ate at Raglan Road a couple years ago it was AWESOME!!!!!!! Great food and LARGE portions.
#442 of 819 Old 08-18-2007, 12:20 PM

Mary - we have never done the dining plan b/c we have the DDE card and the DP is just not a good value for us. the DDE card gives you 20% off all table service INCLUDING alchohol - and my kids are such tiny eaters that all three can share two meals... so we ate for cheaper than the DP costs, you know?

of course if we had ever gone when they had *free* dining I wouldn't turn it down haha

#443 of 819 Old 08-18-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulbambina View Post
Hello everyone!!! Just found this group. We are 17 days away from going to Disney for the 2nd time this year. We LOVE Disney!! We are going during free dining so that will be a new experience for us. We are going to Jo Jo & Little Einsteins breakfast and surprising my daughter with Cinderella Breakfast. I even went and bought her a Cinderella dress so she'll be all decked out for the breakfast. We also bought tickets for the Princess & Pirate party. I wasn't impressed with the Christmas party a couple years ago, but I'm hoping this one will be cooler.

Anyway we try to go to Disney at least once a year. We buy the lifetime tickets with tax returns and they last for about 2 yrs.
: Hi Carrie - nice to see you here!! We almost went to the pirate and princess party on Saturday but just couldn't swing staying an extra day - I had to be home saturday morning because I host a LLL meeting in my house (yes I considered cancelling it - priorities priorities!)

I wish the plusses included the parties - we buy the FL resident tickets that you buy with one day admission and one plus (water parks or disney quest basically) - last year we got 7 days and 7 pluses and they never expire so the plusses last us a while

#444 of 819 Old 08-18-2007, 12:38 PM

Andrea you could always meet us down there on the 3rd for the party : We could hang out at the pool at our resort during the day and then go to the party that night.
#445 of 819 Old 08-18-2007, 12:45 PM

akk don't tempt me!!

I'll mention it to DH and see what he says LOL

#446 of 819 Old 08-18-2007, 01:29 PM

Oh I'm tempting you of all people I would love to meet IRL you are on the top. Tell your hubby I said pretty please!!!
#447 of 819 Old 08-18-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Mary - we have never done the dining plan b/c we have the DDE card and the DP is just not a good value for us. the DDE card gives you 20% off all table service INCLUDING alchohol - and my kids are such tiny eaters that all three can share two meals... so we ate for cheaper than the DP costs, you know?

of course if we had ever gone when they had *free* dining I wouldn't turn it down haha

We did DDE when the dinning plan 1st started (before DVC could get it.) It was about $75, and you had to have an AP or live in FLA to get it. It did save us a bit of money. I think we might consider it again when we get our new AP since I am forgoing the current DDP for 2008. We don't go back to WDW until May 08, then either Jan 09 or March 09. We can't keep taking DD out of school 2 times in a year now that she is getting older. I wish we could, but it just does not seem like a good plan. Once for about 6 days is all I am comfortable with.
#448 of 819 Old 08-18-2007, 04:18 PM

Mary - we are having the same issue. this is the last time we are taking them out of school I think since they seem to miss so much. next year we need to figure out a good time of year to go.

Carrie I'm thinking about it we'll see if it is possible money wise

#449 of 819 Old 08-21-2007, 10:03 PM

We love Disney World! We drive to Florida once a year.

I really, really want to go in Oct/Nov. But haven't gotten there at that time yet...

We usually go in January/February and that's a great time to go! But have gone a couple times in July/Aug and every time I say I will never do it again! I really mean it, though - so not worth the drive or the money when its that hot.

Our favorite place to eat is Chef Mickeys, well...anywhere with the characters!

We're going in February 2008 and staying at Wilderness or Saratoga.
What's your favorite hotel? (Or was that discussed? I didn't read the whole thread. ) I love the Wilderness, but Saratoga rocks - being in walking distance to Downtown Disney.
#450 of 819 Old 08-23-2007, 11:39 AM

We are considering moving out to Florida within driving distance of WDW. Not any time soon but perhaps next time dh needs to move on up in his job. Anyone wanna share the good, bad and ugly? We are a non-vaxing, unschooling/ecletic family.

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page