Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 703 Old 12-19-2008, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I actually think the CZ option would be great. I think that would look really nice. Hope I got to you in time. Tell us what you decide when you decide. :

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 703 Old 12-19-2008, 04:27 PM

18 is the size of a standard post that you'd find in the dept store. If you had been wearing them all along I'm suprised it would have been an issue at all. Going to a 16 won't be a big deal IMO.
#303 of 703 Old 12-19-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdipemomof2boy View Post
I actually think the CZ option would be great. I think that would look really nice. Hope I got to you in time. Tell us what you decide when you decide. :
So you are voting double CZ? You are the first! I'll keep you posted!
#304 of 703 Old 12-19-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
18 is the size of a standard post that you'd find in the dept store. If you had been wearing them all along I'm suprised it would have been an issue at all. Going to a 16 won't be a big deal IMO.
yeah I am going to pick up 16 tonight and just go to those. I think the only reason why it hurt was because i basically repierced my ears since they were starting to close up and it got really cold so my ears were already hurting then the cold metal. I could be wrong or i was just hoping 18 was doing something.

#305 of 703 Old 12-19-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
So you are voting double CZ? You are the first! I'll keep you posted!
Thanks. I just think if you want bling get lots of bling!!!! Sometimes more is better hehe.Anyway thanks for keeping me posted. if you get them i want to see pics.

#306 of 703 Old 12-19-2008, 05:12 PM

I believe the standard earring size is 20. Just to be sure I compared my old earrings to my one of my 18g jewelry and they are all smaller.
#307 of 703 Old 12-19-2008, 05:41 PM

okay..these look super cheesy (to me) cause I don't like the colored titanium. Mine are in high polish so they just look like stainless with a CZ as a stone. Since hte gem is bigger than the post it doesn't matter what size you have since they just look like earrings.

http://www.anotherhole.com/store/pro...8&cat=3&page=7

here's another but hte CZ's aren't pictured:
http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...ProductID=5298

You can see in the photo that there are two sizes of gems....the 0 g. would be the big one and the 16 g. would be the smaller one, but they are very well proportioned.

These are the other ones:
http://www.kolopiercing.com/product_...oducts_id=1032

I have these too...and you can get them in 16g just so ya know!
http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...ProductID=4159
#308 of 703 Old 12-19-2008, 07:11 PM

Ooooh, I like some of those. I wish the last pair was sf though since I don't do df.
#309 of 703 Old 12-19-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdipemomof2boy View Post
yeah I am going to pick up 16 tonight and just go to those. I think the only reason why it hurt was because i basically repierced my ears since they were starting to close up and it got really cold so my ears were already hurting then the cold metal. I could be wrong or i was just hoping 18 was doing something.

I would give it some time before going to a 16. You just went from a 20 to an 18, plus with the almost repiercing. You don't want to damage your ears.
#310 of 703 Old 12-19-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
Ooooh, I like some of those. I wish the last pair was sf though since I don't do df.
They are, just not on that site. Though the non-facented ones only go up to a 4 g. I think. Maybe a 2g. Mine are grooved with a silicone O ring.
#311 of 703 Old 12-19-2008, 11:27 PM

I am going to leave these in for another two weeks then I am going to put in the 16 and then leave those in for a month maybe a month an a half and go to a 14. I did go ahead and by the 16 and the 14 though. I really like them.

#312 of 703 Old 12-20-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsmiles View Post
I have lots of very thin captive bead earrings and I am ALWAYS losing a bead here or there. I ended up replacing one earring because I thought maybe it was defective. I don't do anything unusual to my head, and my DD is past the stage of pulling on my jewelry. Just last night, I noticed a bead on the bed, thankfully, because the body piercing shop near me doesn't keep this small size in stock (although they should because I lose them so much.)

What am I doing wrong? Why aren't my beads "captive?" The only thing I can think is because they are such a small size, but I'm not interested in going any larger.

Typically I see this in smaller Gauges, its tends to be from pulling the hoops too far, or causing the shape to go off. It can be hard not to over stretch the smaller hoops but I find if I am more careful about seperating them, I loose a lot less beads. Sometimes I use my body jewelry pliers to even open the small gauges just to make sure they don't get bent out of shape.

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#313 of 703 Old 12-22-2008, 01:23 AM

If a person got a tat early in the first trimester (after conception, but before they missed a period) - is there any reason that's a problem? I know that most tat artists won't do any work on a woman who is known to be pregnant JIC... but what are the risks?

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."
#314 of 703 Old 12-22-2008, 01:54 AM

As long as you go to a reputable place where everything is sterile and done safely, there should be nothing to worry about.
#315 of 703 Old 12-26-2008, 11:47 AM

Hi all! Sorry if this a repeat question (I foraged through this forum a little).

I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced and I'm wondering where to go in Marin or Sonoma County? I live in Petaluma. I've never had anything pierced and my ideal place would be a Dr.'s office, but somehow I don't think that's possible.

Rec's? Thanks!

Rachel, mommy to Ella (10/19/06) and Kaia (1/4/10), wife to Michael . Just another vegan, attachment parenting, homebirthing, UU & Buddhist, CLWing, bedsharing, vegetable gardening, Bay Area crunchy mom!
#316 of 703 Old 12-27-2008, 12:46 PM

Hey
I posted on the old thread too. I have three tats and my ears and nose pierced. I'm stretching out my lower ear holes. I'm at 10g now, but have been ready to move up for a month or so, just haven't gotten around to ordering my next pair. For those stretching, who is your favorite online supplier? I'm using One Tribe now and like them alot. Wouldn't mind browsing more online shops though. My local shop is great, but there stuff is really pricey.

I am hoping to get another tattoo this spring. I want an arm band just above my wrist. I've haven't settled on an idea. Something open and airy without being lacy and fofoish. Ideally with three bands intertwining to symbolize my three children. I may incorporate symbols for each child too.
Any one have arm bands they love?

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#317 of 703 Old 12-27-2008, 01:23 PM

My hands down favorite place to order from is www.bodyartforms.com
They have a great selection, good prices, and they ship super fast. I normally get my items about 3 days after I order them. They are also really nice and often times have good sales. For the rest of December they are having a 20% of everything sale, plus you get free shipping when you spend over $25 (when it's under that I usually just get the $2 first class shipping and it only takes 2-3 days to get here). Since I've been ordering from there for a while I've almost hit the amount spent where you then get 10% off every future order.
#318 of 703 Old 12-27-2008, 01:29 PM

Hey guys!

Here's my tattoo: http://a953.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...cc6d0724b0.jpg

and my piercing: http://a143.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...426c1ab616.jpg

I also have 3 holes in each ear that used to be stretched to 5/8", 6ga and 12ga. I don't wear earrings in them anymore -- I took them out last New Year's because I was kind of "over them." The second two holes are back to "normal," but the first one (dur) never completely went back. I'm probably going to have to be content with about a 4ga-2ga there until I get the cash to get them sewn up -- which I'm not sure if I even want to do

babyf.gif

#319 of 703 Old 12-28-2008, 12:37 AM

Well it finally happend I lost a bead. I understand this can happen with the smaller earrings or what ever you call them but it just erks : me since I really liked this bead. Ugh! Anyway I think monday I am going to go ahead and go up to a 16. I know i said it would be 2 weeks but I wanted to start a new month with a new size. I started doing this about two or three weeks ago and was going to wait but I lost the bead luckily my earrings are horseshoe shaped so i just pulled one side further so that I just put one side that has the bead still close to the ear. Does anyone think I should wait or is it ok to go ahead and do the 16 monday or even tomorrow. I really want to get one of those twist like ones that are made out of buffalo horns that was on one of the websites posted on the thread.

#320 of 703 Old 12-28-2008, 12:38 AM

by the way the buffalo twist things are a goal. I know i cant do that yet.

#321 of 703 Old 12-28-2008, 01:34 AM

Really, try to wait a little while. Your lobes will thank you.
#322 of 703 Old 12-29-2008, 12:10 AM

Well I lost the other earing since it had no bead so i went ahead and put the other ones in. They really dont feel like they are doing anything at all. If they start to hurt I will take them out and go buy the 18 again but so far doesnt feel bad at all. I thought about putting a guage in my cartilage but dont know if that would hurt as much as when i got it pierced the first time that one got infected when i got it pierced and it is the side i lay on.

#323 of 703 Old 12-29-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
My hands down favorite place to order from is www.bodyartforms.com
Ohhh, that place is gonna cost me some money Just browsing for a couple minutes and I found 5 or so pairs that I love!

#324 of 703 Old 12-29-2008, 11:21 AM

Yes, they are soooo bad for your wallet. :
But with 20% off right now, free shipping over $25 (or $2 fc under that).....plus they have a bunch of gorgeous stuff on sale....I couldn't resist a few (inexpensive) things. Also, since I've been shopping there for a while (they are the only body jewelry place I buy from now), I get 10% off every order.
#325 of 703 Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 PM

Hmmm, I didn't see the 20% off!! I better get that new pair pronto

#326 of 703 Old 12-29-2008, 12:20 PM

They are LOVELY. I have that site bookmarked and have been visiting practically daily for months. It's bad for my wallet and my schedule.
#327 of 703 Old 12-29-2008, 12:22 PM

I want to see what you get.

And for anyone else interested, the discount code is BafXmas08 (it's on the home page but easy to miss).
#328 of 703 Old 12-29-2008, 12:28 PM

Wednesday is payday, I'll have to wait till then ~sigh~ ohh, life's little tragedies

Too bad they don't have those turquoise spirals in 10g they are sooooo stunning

#329 of 703 Old 12-29-2008, 12:49 PM

I love those turq. spirals too. (sigh) If we had the money I would go ahead and get them in 4's for when I get there (my goal size is a 2 or 0). They are cheaper on BAF than on the Tawapa site itself.
#330 of 703 Old 12-30-2008, 02:19 PM

I had come on here with two questions, but I looked up the website body artforms and found the coolest labret jewelry. I have a monroe and the ball always pops off so dh went to walmart to get me some jewlry and it didnt fit right. The ball wont screw on, I just keep it in so the hole doesnt close up, but on friday I am going to order a couple things from that website. I like it because they have more colors and not everything has those sparkly fake stones in them.

Anywho, my question is, can I get a tattoo if I am nursing? I really really want to get another one, and I wanted to get one since my m/c last december, but I decided to wait until after I got pregnant again, and had the baby. I want to get a Sailor Jerry type heart with my baby's names in it, along with the baby's name I m/c. Dh, is afraid that I am going to poison my milk if I get ink. Can that really happen?

dd 8, ds 6, ds 4,: (12/08), ds 1, me and dh:yawning Simplifying my life one day at a time! 925/2010

Tags
Happiness Is A Choice For Teens , Todays Teen Student Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page