Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 703 Old 01-19-2009, 05:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh laddiesss Im almost 22 and have 14 tattoos I actually got them all before I was 20. My uncle is a tattoo artist and does all my tattoos for free! LUCKY ME I Know!!! I have been addicted since I was 17. I am planning on going this week to ask for a new one. I havent had a tattoo in so longgggggggggg ahhh!
#362 of 703 Old 01-26-2009, 01:18 PM

Hiya all...

I was wondering if anyone can help me here-I came across these dna spiral like earrings and had to have them. I have 6 piercings in one ear, 7 in the other and wanted to use these in my lowest holes. Lowest holes used to have 12g, then I had them swapped out to 14g when my piercer put in two entwined earrings in four of the holes (make sense? lol).
They only had 1 pair of these in a 10g, so I bought them, but it would now take some serious stretching to wear them and I just don't want to go that route anymore.
I have been searching and searching for something similar but not having much luck...so I wondered, have any of you seen something like this?
My birthday is this Friday and this was all I wanted!!! So I'm pouting...

Anyway, these are similar to what I found:
http://www.steelnavel.com/product.as...&MID=49&MID2=1

But the ones I bought were only $25 and I really don't want to spend $80-$100+ on these.
Anyone? Thanks so much!
#363 of 703 Old 01-26-2009, 07:47 PM

I've seen those at bodyartforms.com but they're pretty pricey ($72). Good quality though from what I hear.

I'll search around and post if I find anything a bit less $$$.
#364 of 703 Old 01-26-2009, 10:40 PM

just wondering if there were any other moms or moms in the making that working in the body modification industry on here? - especially if you were working in a shop as a piercer and/or tattoo artist while pregnant.
#365 of 703 Old 01-28-2009, 02:31 PM

*Subs tribe*
Right now I have just one piercing which is my nose, because I've taken out everything else over the past few years (lip rings, tregus, and a couple more I won't mention). Right now I have two tattoos, one is a quarter-size black star on my left boob and I have a jolly roger skull on my right hip. Right now my friend who is an awesome tattoo artist is drawing up my next one for me. I'm getting a quarter sleeve and just trying to represent myself in it - everything from my street punk side to my religion to the fact that I'm vegan
#366 of 703 Old 01-28-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
I've seen those at bodyartforms.com but they're pretty pricey ($72). Good quality though from what I hear.

I'll search around and post if I find anything a bit less $$$.

Thanks!
I did see them in link on the previous page, but darn, they are so $$$, as you said. Or maybe I'm just cheap? I'm sure they are totally worth it.

I want them soooo bad, LOL...just. can't. spend. that. much.
#367 of 703 Old 01-28-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrilynhawk View Post
*Subs tribe*
Right now I have just one piercing which is my nose, because I've taken out everything else over the past few years (lip rings, tregus, and a couple more I won't mention). Right now I have two tattoos, one is a quarter-size black star on my left boob and I have a jolly roger skull on my right hip. Right now my friend who is an awesome tattoo artist is drawing up my next one for me. I'm getting a quarter sleeve and just trying to represent myself in it - everything from my street punk side to my religion to the fact that I'm vegan
Welcome, Your tattoos sound really cool. Cant wait to see the one your friend is doing.

I want to get the tree of life or even a women doing yoga with the tree of life behind her. But who knows my idea changes sometimes. I hope that you get the one you want.

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
#368 of 703 Old 02-28-2009, 12:44 AM

Hi, I'm new here. I happened to come across this thread and glad I did. I'm sleeved and have about 50 hours of work...glad I'm not the only one.

Here's a couple pics, if interested:
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t=wylurklf.jpg (please excuse my kitchen, it's in the middle of a renovation )
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...35ppjiee-1.jpg

autismribbon.gif

#369 of 703 Old 02-28-2009, 02:18 AM

Love the tatts but can I ask what is the artwork of. It looks cool I just was wondering. by the way what a beatiful picture of you and your baby.

#370 of 703 Old 02-28-2009, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdipemomof2boy View Post
Love the tatts but can I ask what is the artwork of. It looks cool I just was wondering. by the way what a beatiful picture of you and your baby.
Thank you!! : It's based on a Miro painting, The Poetess. I had it done about 4 years ago...definitely my favorite. I'm holding my nephew, Milo, in the second pic; I'm with my son Ellis in the first.

Here's a couple more pics:
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...nt=coolpic.jpg
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...0730112040.jpg

autismribbon.gif

#371 of 703 Old 02-28-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaki View Post
Thank you!! : It's based on a Miro painting, The Poetess. I had it done about 4 years ago...definitely my favorite. I'm holding my nephew, Milo, in the second pic; I'm with my son Ellis in the first.

Here's a couple more pics:
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...nt=coolpic.jpg
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...0730112040.jpg
I still think it is a precious picture. I like the second pics cause I can see the tatts better. Wow it is pretty original I see alot of animals and crosses and alot of names but not many actual paintings as tattoos. I love the colors. I am a boring one I just have a frog. I want to get the tree of life with the boys names shadowed in the branches. I want it on the inner part of my arm. I think it would be nice. If I ever find a pic of what I want I will send it. again love the pics.

#372 of 703 Old 02-28-2009, 08:38 AM

Wow, love your tattoo, Jaki!!!

and welcome to MDC

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#373 of 703 Old 03-01-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdipemomof2boy View Post
I still think it is a precious picture. I like the second pics cause I can see the tatts better. Wow it is pretty original I see alot of animals and crosses and alot of names but not many actual paintings as tattoos. I love the colors. I am a boring one I just have a frog. I want to get the tree of life with the boys names shadowed in the branches. I want it on the inner part of my arm. I think it would be nice. If I ever find a pic of what I want I will send it. again love the pics.
The tree of life would be awesome! I was actually thinking about a tree for myself, though I can't decide exactly what I want with it yet. If you ever get it please do send pics. Thanks again!

autismribbon.gif

#374 of 703 Old 03-01-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilylove View Post
Wow, love your tattoo, Jaki!!!

and welcome to MDC
Thank you!! :

autismribbon.gif

#375 of 703 Old 03-02-2009, 07:47 AM

Hi,
I m kim here.I also love to have tattoo on my body,because it reflects our artistic nature.

kim
#376 of 703 Old 03-03-2009, 06:51 PM

I got ink while BF my daughter when she was still exclusive BF. Info I found was based on communicable diseases (shared needle stuff). I have an artist that we are faithful to and trust so much...her studio is super clean and she is ever-vigilant in every aspect of her business. She had no probs or concerns, so neither did we.

If anyone's interested in Orlando area, she's awesome, especially for portraits/realism.
missheidistattoo.com
#377 of 703 Old 03-03-2009, 07:03 PM

oops! just realized this forum has most recent posts LAST...my last post was a response to ink while BF post last year! lol!

glad to join you all and see everyone's pics. i've got an art neuvo flower/vines on my ankle, a traditional sparrow/banner piece on my forearm (my two babes), and half a back piece done. will try to post some pics soon.
#378 of 703 Old 03-05-2009, 11:29 AM

I got a monroe piercing a few months ago and when I went back to get a shorter ring they guy said he doesnt keep or sell jewelry, only what he pierces with. So I have been walking around with a very long stud in my lip for seven months and I want to get a shorter one. Where is a good place to look? We jsut moved to a new state and I dont have a shop I can trust yet. Another problem is i dont know what guage it is. Does anyone know if there is a standard that they pierce with? Thanks very much.
#379 of 703 Old 03-05-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hram View Post
I got a monroe piercing a few months ago and when I went back to get a shorter ring they guy said he doesnt keep or sell jewelry, only what he pierces with. So I have been walking around with a very long stud in my lip for seven months and I want to get a shorter one. Where is a good place to look? We jsut moved to a new state and I dont have a shop I can trust yet. Another problem is i dont know what guage it is. Does anyone know if there is a standard that they pierce with? Thanks very much.
Hi there - if you're ok with ordering online, www.bodyartforms.com has a ton of jewelry to pick from at great prices. They also have a gauge chart as well to maybe help to determine what gauge you're at. I think most piercers are different when it comes to preferred gauge, but most start out with either 12 or 14g. Hope this helps.

autismribbon.gif

#380 of 703 Old 03-05-2009, 11:56 AM

ok now i dont know what lenght to get :
they had steel and titanium, which is better? Can you tell i really dont know what im doing?
#381 of 703 Old 03-05-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
ok now i dont know what lenght to get :
they had steel and titanium, which is better? Can you tell i really dont know what im doing?
No prob, it's a lot to figure out.
As far as to either steel or titanium it's really a matter of preference. With titanium, you have a choice of colors, though the colors might fade after time/use. Steel is slightly heavier too. If you super sensitive skin, I've heard there's less of a chance for a reaction/infection with high grade steel.
I'd give your piercer a call and ask what length you should go down to now that the swelling is over. I would probably still ask just to be on the safe side, but 5/8 is pretty standard.

autismribbon.gif

#382 of 703 Old 03-08-2009, 12:15 AM

Could have sworn I migrated to the "new" thread but apparently did not. Weird. Here now 20 pages in.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#383 of 703 Old 03-09-2009, 12:50 AM

Welcome Indigo!!!

#384 of 703 Old 03-09-2009, 04:27 AM

Quote:
I would say standard is 16-14G for a Marilyn. Personally I would look into going to a shop and seeing what they say, something like asking your guage and what length you need might be a good way to check out a few shops before letting them get their hands on you so to say

As for Titanium vs Stainless Surgical Steel, it tends to be preference, if you have done well with Stainless then feel free to use both otherwise switch to Titanium it has less chance of reaction the other metals. If you go with a colored titanium though make sure it is not a cheap paint coated piece, when they change the color with heat or chemicals when it fades it does not create the issues a painted piece can in a piercing.

I have not bought and body jewelry for a while, but I tend to prefer to see the piece in person but that is just me. So I don't have a lot of suggestions besides trying local shops. Good luck to you!

Can I add I want ink soooooooooooooo bad!!!! I think its because I can't and I am mid project that I am so antsy. I think I will have to get a lot of henna this pregnancy and live vicariously through DH's next piece until it will be my turn again

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#385 of 703 Old 03-19-2009, 01:07 PM

Hey ladies! I just wanted to pop in and subscribe and say hello!

Hubby currently has a full left arm sleeve (beautiful work!) and random other pieces and I've only got one tattoo but now that I'm done with the kid thing and my body can get back to 'normal' I'm excited to get more. DH wants me to get something tattoed on the stretch marks on my belly LOL. We'll see.

He has his navel, labret and ears all pierced and stretched. I have 2 in each ear, one stretched to 8 working on going bigger.. and used to have my navel and nipples pierced but took them out for pregnancy. boo... Maybe someday I'll get a mommy makeover and put those back in.

Interested to hear your views on things here!

Val, Mama to Aidan (5 years) and Autumn (almost 2)
#386 of 703 Old 03-24-2009, 01:22 AM

Just thought I'd say, "Hi!" I don't have any tattoos...despite adoring them, I've never found what I wanted.

I had my nipple pierced for a few years, but got it snagged and it never healed right from that, so I eventually removed it. When I'm sure I'm done nursing forever, I think I'll have it done again. I really loved it. I had what I now realize is bad aftercare advice from the shop that did that piercing and had no guidance on how to handle the injury, so I do hope that next time will go better.

Friday night, I got my left nostril done. Cleaning it is a bear, but I really love it. I didn't realize about not doing any work with young nurslings, so I hope it heals appropriately. I'm doing a wash with a triclosan soap right now, but want to find that Provon or Satin. Any advice on where they're sold? Everywhere is a LONG drive for me, so I'd like to figure out where to get it ahead of time. I'm also doing a salt water soak. On the outside with a cotton ball taped on for about 15 minutes while I read bedtime stories, and on the inside with a qtip to clean then flushed with a non-needle syringe about 6 rinses or so. Does that sound about right to you mamas?

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#387 of 703 Old 03-24-2009, 12:47 PM

Really, the sea salt soak should be enough. You don't really need to be cleaning it with soap (esp. not any type of antibacterial soap) and esp. with nose piercings, you're better off touching it, moving it, etc as little as possible. The qtip is fine to gently remove any crusties.
Also, wait as long as possible before switching jewelry (I know you didn't ask, but I thought I'd mention it) to avoid the dreaded bump.

And congrats on your new piercing! I have both nostrils pierced and love them.

Also, if you're looking for anything piercing related, check out www.bodyartforms.com They're just about the only place I order my jewelry, etc from.
#388 of 703 Old 03-24-2009, 02:12 PM

I spent quite a while last night looking at that site, Maeve. From there, I found that Anatometal does custom work. I'm going to see if they can make an airplane stud for me for later. (And, yes, I can be very patient about changing it. The intro stud is pretty enough, though it's silver which doesn't complement my skin very well. Well, it's surgical stainless, I mean..."silver" colored.)

The piercer is the one that said to use the antibacterial soap. Is it okay to skip that? I definitely don't want to mess with it too much, but don't want to do too little, either. I just don't know what is too little...or too much. For example, I get gooey, not dry boogers wrapped around the screw. It takes about 6 cotton swabs to get that off, plus about 3 more to wipe the stud up near the tissue. Is that way too much? I change them after one to two swipes, depending on what is on them. Cleaning the outside of the piercing is totally easy and self-explanatory. It's how to handle the inside that has me perplexed. I don't touch the site at all, except during cleaning, but find I touch and ever so slightly move the screw end occasionally throughout the day, because it spins down and practically hangs out of my tiny nose. It's obviously on the big size for my small features. (See the "Mama" part of my sig pics for a photo). It tickles a little...and if I rub the bottom edge of my nostril, I end up touching the screw lightly. Will this kind of action cause any problems with various "bumps?"

Do you think my previous description of how I'm getting the salt water applied sounds about right? I'm concerned that it's not sufficient, but don't really know what would work better. (very open to suggestions here.) LOL

Any photos of your piercings, Maeve? Maybe I just missed them elsewhere in the thread. I'd love to see!

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#389 of 703 Old 03-31-2009, 08:45 PM

Hi all!! Lots o'tat talk, not as much piercing, LOL. I currently have my navel and tragus pierced and am considering a hood piercing. Can any of you that have had it share your experience with the procedure, the healing, jewelry sizes and or other comments? Thank you!!
#390 of 703 Old 03-31-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshollyk View Post
Hi all!! Lots o'tat talk, not as much piercing, LOL. I currently have my navel and tragus pierced and am considering a hood piercing. Can any of you that have had it share your experience with the procedure, the healing, jewelry sizes and or other comments? Thank you!!
Hi there - I have my hood pierced and it's honestly not as painful as it seems. It hurt for like 3 seconds when pierced and it healed super quickly...maybe 2 weeks tops and it was back to normal. My piercer did advise me not to have sex, touch it/bump it, and to clean it daily during the healing process. I was pierced at 12g. As for the effects, well, it's been great!

autismribbon.gif

Tags
Happiness Is A Choice For Teens , Todays Teen Student Edition

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page