Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 703 Old 04-08-2009, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everything I've read says the same thing. As long as you are going someplace safe and responsible (which I would hope anyways), it should be fine. The only concern I've heard of is that it might take a little longer to heal, so make sure you are eating well, etc.
#422 of 703 Old 04-11-2009, 04:49 PM

#423 of 703 Old 04-13-2009, 10:45 PM

I'm trying to post a picture of my tatoo on my back to see if anyone has an idea of how I could add on to it. I really want to get more done but since I don't have any idea that I really love to do on a separate body part i'm just maybe going to expand on this one. I can't figure out why it won't let me link this picture

I'm going to get my nose pierced again in the next few weeks. I've been putting out so much money lately and have some dental work to do so I"m trying to be responsible The first time I had my nose pierced it just kept bugging me because I felt like it was *just* off a bit so I took it out. Fortunately you can't even really see the old mark.
#424 of 703 Old 04-15-2009, 04:33 PM

Hello, subbing here! I have 3 tattoos. The oldest one is about 13 years old. I'm ready for another one. I am working on designs for a lotus flower. Probably for my right shoulder on the side. I have a tribal arm piece on the left arm, fish on ankle, and shark on lower back. I'm thinking I needing something on the right to balance me out. I really like the purple lotus. So glad, I found this thread. I was feeling kinda left out amongst all my SAHMies, none of which have any body art.

Living Simply and Enjoying Life
#425 of 703 Old 04-15-2009, 05:01 PM

Got a new tat today!

I will be goign back in a couple weeks to finish it up, I am having the water extended down so it looks like the lotus is floating on the water. I am in the middle of having dh do permanent hair removal on me (he is a Chiropractic Physician, and we use an IPL machine for this) I need one more treatment to finish the hairremoval and the IPL will ruin/remove the tatoo if you go over top of it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1074582033
#426 of 703 Old 04-15-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 425lisamarie View Post
I'm going to get my nose pierced again in the next few weeks...The first time I had my nose pierced it just kept bugging me because I felt like it was *just* off a bit so I took it out. Fortunately you can't even really see the old mark.
You sound like my twin. The first time mine was pierced, it was more on the side of the nostril than in the "crease" and it bugged me. I let it close and there isn't much of a mark. I just got it redone in the "right" spot and I love it--for some reason it's way less painful where it is now (still healing), although it bled like crazy this time.
#427 of 703 Old 04-20-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I'm trying to post a picture of my tatoo on my back to see if anyone has an idea of how I could add on to it. I really want to get more done but since I don't have any idea that I really love to do on a separate body part i'm just maybe going to expand on this one. I can't figure out why it won't let me link this picture

Would love to see it, I have a tat on my left shoulder blade and now my new one (see above post) I have an idea formulating as to how to blend them all into a full back tat as time goes on. (pull the water all of the way around to my middle/lower back, tree of life on top of it, my left shoulder already has stars in with the dragonfly and butterflies, thinking goddess holding the phases of the moon on my left, then adding in a fire aspect also)
#428 of 703 Old 04-20-2009, 12:53 PM

Feeling lonely, no one commented on my new tat!
#429 of 703 Old 04-22-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
Feeling lonely, no one commented on my new tat!
Just saw it! Looks great--I definitely like your idea of extending the water. Pretty colors!

Sooo I think I may have a small keloid on the inside of my nostril near my new piercing. It doesn't hurt at all and there is no leakage, it's just a little hard bump. Do I *need* to have it removed, or is it more just an aesthetic issue? If it's aesthetic, I'm not going to bother with it, because it's on the inside of my nose and you can't even see it.
#430 of 703 Old 04-22-2009, 01:13 PM

ok so none of tattoos are particularly old but they are all very much healed (2+ years old). Since I got to be somewhere in the second trimester of this pregnancy my tattoos on my legs have gotten really itchy, I seem to have some kind of rash, but just in the inky parts of my legs. I scratch them so often that I've lost much of my hair (I don't shave). They bleed from being scratched too. The other day I developed a similar irritation on another tattoo on my arm. It was raised and hot and crazy itchy, but *only* where the ink is.
Anyone heard of this before? Help? Is my body suddenly rejecting ink? - it's a little late now!

Clinical Herbalist. Trained but never certified, licensed, or registered as a midwife.
07/10/09
#431 of 703 Old 04-22-2009, 05:44 PM

I occassionally had my tattoo become itchy on my wrist after about a year of having it. I have no idea why, but it came on suddenly. I used a blend of cocoa butter and shea butter cream on it when it did get itchy and otherwise tried to leave it alone. After a while it settled and I have not had issues with it again.

The weird thing is that it is one of the two tattoos I got that I had reactions early on with, which I discovered was me allergic to one of the after care products I was using. Those two are the only ones I ever had future issues with, none of the others (and I have a lot) ever gave me any issues. But approx 6 years later they both look fantastic and again no issues.

Try to use a soothing natural cream and try and not scratch them. Scratching will make things much worse!! Even if you have to "smack" the itch away that is so much better then scratching. Good luck!

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#432 of 703 Old 05-04-2009, 09:29 AM

Hey all, just thought I'd sub in to this tribe.
I've got two tattoos (well three if you count the one that is being covered by one of my current tattoos lol).

On my right arm (with my kids names/bdays):
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...t=IMG_2555.jpg

And I just got on my left arm:
It's a coverup of an old old tattoo I got on a whim, poorly done and I didn't take care of it very well after so it just got to be really faded and ugly. Here's the before:
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...t=IMG_0208.jpg

And here's the after - one sitting, about 3 hrs, the artist was beyond amazing, I LOVE this tattoo (which is good i guess seeing as it takes up almost my whole left upper arm haha):

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...t=IMG_0218.jpg

I don't have any piercings, but I have a list a mile long of tattoos I want to get now that we're all finished having kids (barring any surprises I guess). I want some sort of chest piece done, but my next one is going to be a quote written around my wrist so it wraps around my wrist a few times. My last two tats have been relatively long sittings, so my next one I just want something fun and quick. Plus, my tattoo girl is about 7 hrs away from me, so when I get ink done by her, it has to be all in one sitting lol

Working at home, tattoo'd, metalhead momma - homeschooling Evan (1.22.'06) and Abigail (8.2.'08) fencing.gif , and happy partner to Kyle jammin.gif . 
#433 of 703 Old 05-04-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansMomma View Post
And here's the after - one sitting, about 3 hrs, the artist was beyond amazing, I LOVE this tattoo (which is good i guess seeing as it takes up almost my whole left upper arm haha):

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...t=IMG_0218.jpg
Wow. That is gorgeous. And really only 3 hours? She is amazing!

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#434 of 703 Old 05-04-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Wow. That is gorgeous. And really only 3 hours? She is amazing!
Yeah I was sure it'd be a a 5 hr sitting at minimum. But she blew through it super fast. Neither of us really needed breaks, and so she just got it done. And still managed to get in some beautiful details and the colouring is just spot on. She's ridiculously talented.

Working at home, tattoo'd, metalhead momma - homeschooling Evan (1.22.'06) and Abigail (8.2.'08) fencing.gif , and happy partner to Kyle jammin.gif . 
#435 of 703 Old 05-04-2009, 10:52 PM

The tatts where amazing Evansmommy! she did an awesome job.

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
#436 of 703 Old 05-05-2009, 02:33 PM

ok i wonder if this link will work, i'm computer challanged lol. So here's my upper back tattoo, i don't know what to do with it but I want to add something. I was thinking smaller bud roses and vines somewhere on my shoulder or something to extend it.

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/v...9889752d9a603c
#437 of 703 Old 05-06-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
ok i wonder if this link will work, i'm computer challanged lol. So here's my upper back tattoo, i don't know what to do with it but I want to add something. I was thinking smaller bud roses and vines somewhere on my shoulder or something to extend it.

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/v...9889752d9a603c
Hmmm, I couldn't get it to work. It just went to a sign-in page.

I just ordered a set of concave tapers to start stretching! I'm so excited! I've been thinking of doing it for awhile now and when I saw this site I just couldn't hold out any longer:

http://www.onetribe.nu

They have gorgeous stuff. Now I just have to wait...

Question for stretched people--what did you do initially when you went from an 18 to a 16? I'm having a hard time finding good-quality jewelry for 16 gauge.
#438 of 703 Old 05-06-2009, 03:56 PM

ok i'm gonna try again! See my above post...

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/v...76141d224b0f78
#439 of 703 Old 05-06-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmode View Post

I just ordered a set of concave tapers to start stretching! I'm so excited! I've been thinking of doing it for awhile now and when I saw this site I just couldn't hold out any longer:

Question for stretched people--what did you do initially when you went from an 18 to a 16? I'm having a hard time finding good-quality jewelry for 16 gauge.

Here are some good ones.
These also look nice as earrings: http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...ProductID=2569

You can also just pick out some nice, short barbells, captives, or circular barbells. They ahve some pretty colored titanium ones. I have some 16g titanium barbells I used briefly as earrings that worked great when I was at that size.
#440 of 703 Old 05-06-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmode View Post

I have to say from wearing heavy earrings in the past I found I was able to put a 14G in right from a 20G I just put them in after a shower and had no issues. But that is me.

I have to say 16G is really tough, I know I have my nose pierced at that size, you will mostly only find some simple hoops. I get most of mine from hot topic since they are cheap and I have had very good luck with their brand in the past. But there isnt a lot to chose from in that size

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#441 of 703 Old 05-06-2009, 11:58 PM

Thanks ladies, I went ahead and ordered some short steel barbells in a 16. I always thought "normal" earrings were a 20 gauge, but I can easily fit my 18 gauge nose screws in my ear holes right now, so idk...maybe I'll be able to go to 14 sooner than I thought.

I'm trying to be extra careful and do it the right way! It's so hard with all the beautiful plugs out there, though...

Did/do you do the oil massages on your lobes? If so what type of oil do you use?

Eeeeeek I'm so excited to get my tapers!

Edit: Maeve, I did see those opal studs from BAF--gorgeous. I just decided to go with a cheaper option since I'm not going to be at this size for very long. I might grab some of those later on, though!
#442 of 703 Old 05-07-2009, 12:36 AM

Believe me, I understand.

And for massage, I use jojoba oil.
#443 of 703 Old 05-12-2009, 08:43 PM

So I've been having a heck of a time with my rook piercing (it's about 6 weeks old), and after calling up an old friend who is now a professional piercer, I did the unthinkable...I used neosporin on it!!!!

It worked like a charm! I feel like I should go to confession now... :

(For the record, I'm not recommending it, but nothing else was working and I was terrified of losing it.)
#444 of 703 Old 05-15-2009, 08:08 PM

sub
#445 of 703 Old 05-18-2009, 02:32 PM

Subbing this
I have two tattoos and one piercing (used to have a "whole face full of fishhooks" but have since taken most out)
#446 of 703 Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=CanidFL;12023907]ok here is the shot about 1 hour after the tatt

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...rah/tatto1.jpgIsn't that they symbol for Ree? That's the tattoo I have always wanted since it's my nickname... now that I have I child I know whose face to use

Sugaree hippie mama: to one perfect daughter 9/07: one money-pit:
We : we share a:Right now we are: :
#447 of 703 Old 05-19-2009, 12:05 PM

I did it... finally got my first ink this past weekend. No picutures yet, camera batteries died when I took it to the local wi-fi coffee shop. And we haven't had DSL since we moved. Two weeks and no Net at home is bleh. They are coming out on Saturday, so fingers crossed, I'll be up and running soon.

It's a compass rose on my forearm.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#448 of 703 Old 05-21-2009, 06:25 PM

I have a question on tongue piercings. On my bottom two teeth, the dentist mentioned that my tongue ring is wearing down my teeth. I tried to be conscious of it and I don't know if this is old wearing or new. I have a flat ball (called an m&m because of its shape - not size!) and I have to be pushing my tongue ring down and then my tongue forwards to get there.

Could this be happening at night?

What should I do? I don't want to lose this piercing (I have at it for 10 years now

And I want another tattoo, but can not decide on what I want! But that is a whole other topic!

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif
#449 of 703 Old 05-22-2009, 01:45 PM

Is it the right length (not too long?).
I would pay more attention to make sure you aren't doing it without realizing it. When I had my tongue pierced I was constantly messing with it without meaning to.
#450 of 703 Old 05-22-2009, 02:48 PM

No, it's not too long. It is pretty short actually. I am thinking this is an older "injury" from when I had a ball. I like the little short flat ball because I really have to be conscious to get it down that far. There does not appear to be any gum recession in the same area, so I don't know.

My dentist said I could have a guard for night time and it will cost my $120. I may just get that to be sure.....

There are no decent studios in my area, which sucks. I need to get to Atlanta again!

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif

Tags
Happiness Is A Choice For Teens , Todays Teen Student Edition

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page