Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 703 Old 01-30-2010, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilylove View Post
LOVE IT! It's beautiful! I really want a tree on my left arm.

Wife to my LOVE Dave, Mama to Milo 8/16/07 and soon to be Mama to Sully EDD May 25th 2010
#542 of 703 Old 01-30-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
Is this still going on because I have a piercing question?

Long story short: After years of issues due to nickle allergy I started wearing barbells and loved them. I started with 18 gauge because I'd only worn earwires once in a blue moon. I moved to 16 gauge recently with no problem. What I'm wondering is how long should I wait if I decide to go to 14?
Use jojoba oil on your ears, it will help them stretch and stay moisturized.

Also, you could try something other than metal. Wood is amazing, light weight and organic. No allergies there.

HTH

Wife to my LOVE Dave, Mama to Milo 8/16/07 and soon to be Mama to Sully EDD May 25th 2010
#543 of 703 Old 02-06-2010, 02:17 AM

Hi!

Currently, three tattoos, three piercings, and stretched ears (half inch) - finally decided on what my right arm sleeve is going to be; a birthing sleeve! It's going to start around my wrist with ocean related birthing symbology (think pregnant male seahorses) and work up in a layered fashion - ending in a tree of life; the branches and leaves stopping at the tip of my shoulder. Super excited; think that I've decided on Big O Tattoo in Lincoln, NE.

So glad to see that there's other modified folk on this website. :]

Ashely - Expecting stork-suprise.gif Home-Birthed Baby in February 2011. Full Spectrum Birth Professional.
#544 of 703 Old 02-08-2010, 02:51 PM

Can I join this tribe? I have 3 tats(soon to be more), and 5 piercings and one that has been retired but I will be getting again soon. I'm in love with body art and its my vice, I think I will fit in here perfectly!

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#545 of 703 Old 02-08-2010, 05:50 PM

Has anyone here gauged their nose piercing? I'm thinking of going a little bigger, but not quite sure yet.

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#546 of 703 Old 02-08-2010, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

I had my nostril done but never gauged it. Why do you want to? Are you wearing a CBR and want a bugger gauge ring? What gauge are you at now?
#547 of 703 Old 02-08-2010, 07:30 PM

Why? I just want something a bit bigger and funner.
I think it's a 20. It's the same one since I got it repierced a couple years ago.
CBR?

#548 of 703 Old 02-08-2010, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

CBR is a captive ball ring. If you are just wearing a nose screw and want a bigger ball, you don't have to go up in gauge, I wasn't sure if you were wearing a ring or nose screw.
#549 of 703 Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 PM

Ahh, ok.
,I have the screw. (i like that sentence ) I thought I needed to go bigger to get more interest.
I'll have to think about this more.
Thanks

#550 of 703 Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

naw, if you are wearing a nose screw you can just get one with a bigger ball, you don't need to gauge up.
#551 of 703 Old 02-26-2010, 09:38 AM

Going to get my nose pierced in two weeks. From what I've read, piercers usually pierce at 20g. Not sure what type of stud they pierce with. Do you have to pick your own when you go or is there a standard type they use?

Should I go with stainless steel, 14K gold, or titanium? Which will be more conducive to healing?

I will definitely ask all these questions when I go, but just looking for a heads up. Thanks in advance.

Baking,, Chuck Taylor Wearing, , SAHMom of 2.
#552 of 703 Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just had my nose pierced and I think they did a 16ga, but not totally sure.
#553 of 703 Old 03-10-2010, 12:17 AM

Hi all!

I'm starting my first tattoo in a few weeks. The artist is working on it now but it will be a half sleeve of birds and bees. I'm so excited and nervous already!

No piercing, I'm not a big jewelry wearer.

I've loved browsing through everyone's tattoo pics, so beautiful!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#554 of 703 Old 03-11-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3boz View Post
I just had my nose pierced and I think they did a 16ga, but not totally sure.

Thanks. I got it done today. He used an 18gauge. I love it!

Baking,, Chuck Taylor Wearing, , SAHMom of 2.
#555 of 703 Old 03-17-2010, 10:28 PM

Hi, I'm working on my first half sleeve right now. This will tattoo #7. I finally found an amazing tattoo artist here in my city, and had the money so I went for it. She's been wonderful, and I'm so happy with it so far. This is also my first experience with having an artist custom design a tattoo for me. I just gave her a bunch of ideas, and told her what I really liked about her other tattoos, and she went from there, and the results couldn't have been any better then what I imagined. Here are the pics I have of it, including the original design. I'm hoping it'll be done on Friday, which will being sitting 5, and it will have taken 16+ hours. http://www.flickr.com/photos/48471154@N07/?saved=1

Double majoring Philosophy/History single student mommy geek.gif to DD(4yo)dust.gif. I heartbeat.gif reading (mostly feminist philosophy, Simone de Beauvoir and Jane Addams are my intellectual heros. I'm a dork pinktongue.gif), and sewmachine.gif.
You've got to get man off your eyeball, before you can see anything at all.- Shug Avery in "The Color Purple"

#556 of 703 Old 03-17-2010, 10:36 PM

Subbing! I have 4 tattoos, but no longer have any piercings. My body has rejected 8 of the 10, so i stopped. I cant wait to give birth and be done with nursing, as I'm contemplating a half sleeve or a full back piece!

This is my most recent, represents my being a surrogate last year as well as my own phoenix process via the cherry blossoms. I'm dying to add to it!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...1415tat012.jpg

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#557 of 703 Old 03-17-2010, 10:45 PM

Oooooo! Hey, mamas!!! Man, why didn't I think to look for you all in Mothering?

I stretched my lobes to 10 gauges last month, and battled a short-lived but nasty infection in one. When that cleared up, I don't know, maybe I had some residual bad feelings about it, because I began to second guess the whole thing! Ack! After all that!!!

So, I'm in need of some stretched-ears love!

I only own three pairs of earrings right now: the black horn spirals that I stretched with, these blue drop spirals, and these grapefruit-colored squids. I love them, but the jewelry is so much more expensive that I'm having to go slow with new pieces. That said, some Little Seven Cthulhu's are on my list as well as EVERYTHING in red horn from Kolo.
#558 of 703 Old 03-18-2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockmomma View Post
Hi, I'm working on my first half sleeve right now. This will tattoo #7. I finally found an amazing tattoo artist here in my city, and had the money so I went for it. She's been wonderful, and I'm so happy with it so far. This is also my first experience with having an artist custom design a tattoo for me. I just gave her a bunch of ideas, and told her what I really liked about her other tattoos, and she went from there, and the results couldn't have been any better then what I imagined. Here are the pics I have of it, including the original design. I'm hoping it'll be done on Friday, which will being sitting 5, and it will have taken 16+ hours. http://www.flickr.com/photos/48471154@N07/?saved=1
Beautiful..Congratulations!

autismribbon.gif

#559 of 703 Old 03-18-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyTree View Post
Oooooo! Hey, mamas!!! Man, why didn't I think to look for you all in Mothering?

I stretched my lobes to 10 gauges last month, and battled a short-lived but nasty infection in one. When that cleared up, I don't know, maybe I had some residual bad feelings about it, because I began to second guess the whole thing! Ack! After all that!!!

I only own three pairs of earrings right now: the black horn spirals that I stretched with, these blue drop spirals, and these grapefruit-colored squids. I love them, but the jewelry is so much more expensive that I'm having to go slow with new pieces. That said, some Little Seven Cthulhu's are on my list as well as EVERYTHING in red horn from Kolo.
I love the jewelry!! I've had the same 10 gage, weighted, stainless steel hoops in my ears for 4 years now. They're a pain to take out, and I like the simple look of them, but seeing this jewelry makes me want to get something new.

Double majoring Philosophy/History single student mommy geek.gif to DD(4yo)dust.gif. I heartbeat.gif reading (mostly feminist philosophy, Simone de Beauvoir and Jane Addams are my intellectual heros. I'm a dork pinktongue.gif), and sewmachine.gif.
You've got to get man off your eyeball, before you can see anything at all.- Shug Avery in "The Color Purple"

#560 of 703 Old 03-18-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyTree View Post

I've got much love to share

Xmas present from my hubby, 1 5/8" Tiger's Eye from Evolve
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6608363_n.jpg

not the greatest photo, but you can see them. William Morris plugs from Gorilla Glass:
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...60_6412292.jpg

Gorilla Glass Lifesavers:
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...43743_6678.jpg

Bad photo, but they really are gorgeous. "Ice Princess" from OneTribe (Quartz/Agate geode inclusions):
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...05689_7849.jpg

Mayan opalite from Tawapa:
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...95440_1244.jpg

I don't have any good photos of my wood goodies from Omerica

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#561 of 703 Old 03-18-2010, 10:24 PM

I have a three week old nose piercing. It is pink and very puffy on the outside around the gem. No drainage, a tiny bit tender. Using saline on it daily. How do I tell if its a keloid or if I'm rejecting it? My ears have always been a bit fussy, but can wear earrings. What to do? HELP please. My piercer is 100 miles round trip.
#562 of 703 Old 03-18-2010, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

I'd get some emu oil, I have one ear hole that took a lot longer to heal when I had them tapered and the emu oil really helped. If you can't get any locally you can get it at body art forms online.
#563 of 703 Old 03-18-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3boz View Post
I have a three week old nose piercing. It is pink and very puffy on the outside around the gem. No drainage, a tiny bit tender. Using saline on it daily. How do I tell if its a keloid or if I'm rejecting it? My ears have always been a bit fussy, but can wear earrings. What to do? HELP please. My piercer is 100 miles round trip.
Sounds like granulated/hypertrophic scarring. Could be the finish on your jewelry, could be mechanical irritation or chemical irritation or you could have bumped or snagged it.

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#564 of 703 Old 03-19-2010, 09:59 PM

Vyky, my girl, thank you so much for that. Your pieces are AMAZING! I love the ones that look like clouds the best.
#565 of 703 Old 03-20-2010, 01:02 PM

I love me some jewelry. The funny thing is I rarely ever wear it. Naked lobes are much more practical with a wee one

#566 of 703 Old 03-21-2010, 01:02 PM

I just joined the tattoo tribe. :-)

I got a rose on my right shoulder, designed especially for me by my 16 y.o.

She got her lips pierced while I got my tattoo.

I just got it retouched because of bra lines thru it. Location is everything. LOL.

It's kind of something no one expected me to do.

I would love to get a tattoo that represents each of my kids but am still contemplating what each one would get.
#567 of 703 Old 03-22-2010, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmer24 View Post
Use jojoba oil on your ears, it will help them stretch and stay moisturized.

Also, you could try something other than metal. Wood is amazing, light weight and organic. No allergies there.

HTH
Thanks, I decided to stay at 16 gauge for now. I'm debating 3rd holes though. But pool season is coming so I might wait for fall.
#568 of 703 Old 03-22-2010, 09:46 AM

I am starting to gauge my ears. I was a 20g, i assume this because i got them pierced when I was 10 and haven't really worn earrings much since. I decided to do it because i wanted to use the holes that i have had for so long. I am planning to go up to a 10 at most. I dont want gaping holes.Yesterday, I put in 16g because they didnt have any 18g rings. So far, they are just a bit sore. I cleaned them carefully. Today they dont feel so bad I am looking forward to the new earrings i get once i gauge them.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#569 of 703 Old 03-23-2010, 05:14 PM

I'm feeling rather giddy..I'm getting my second tatt on Thurs. April 1st

it's going to be vines swirling down from my right shoulder over my bicep with indigo morning glories spread throughout.

can't.wait.
#570 of 703 Old 03-23-2010, 06:42 PM

My nose piercing is no more. Had to take it out. Or let me rephrase...it was so swollen the gem disappeared into the hole and I had to poke it back up and out!!!

Tags
Happiness Is A Choice For Teens , Todays Teen Student Edition

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page