Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#601 of 703 Old 04-24-2010, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
WOW. She has some amazing pieces!!! And I have to say, yours is one of my favorite! That is gorgeous.
Thanks! I'm so incredibly happy with it. I hope to have more work done by her in the future.

Double majoring Philosophy/History single student mommy geek.gif to DD(4yo)dust.gif. I heartbeat.gif reading (mostly feminist philosophy, Simone de Beauvoir and Jane Addams are my intellectual heros. I'm a dork pinktongue.gif), and sewmachine.gif.
You've got to get man off your eyeball, before you can see anything at all.- Shug Avery in "The Color Purple"

#602 of 703 Old 04-25-2010, 12:38 AM

Hi, I'm new. ((Subbing!)) I currently only have one tattoo and ear piercings, but I really want some more tatts. I used to have a cartilige piercing, but I'm very allergic to nickel so it got infected and closed up pretty quickly (actually my ear piercings do that too--so I have to re-pierce one side every time I want to wear earrings!). Anyway, I'm planning on getting my nose pierced for my birthday. I was wondering if a ring or a stud is better? I heard it's easier to clean with a ring.

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#603 of 703 Old 04-28-2010, 02:44 PM

I'm getting new ink tomorrow and I am super excited!

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
#604 of 703 Old 04-28-2010, 04:16 PM

yay! what are you getting done Mittens?

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#605 of 703 Old 04-28-2010, 04:36 PM

I am having a snake embracing a yin/yang, in Asian style. It's to celebrate overcoming trauma and loving the future again

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
#606 of 703 Old 04-28-2010, 04:37 PM

It will be covering most of my right leg, over an old scar. I can't wait!

#607 of 703 Old 04-30-2010, 05:44 AM

My new tat is done! It looks fabulous and took nearly five hours! I'm so happy with it and I'll try and post a picture when it heals!

Has anyone else got new ink to show off? I love Dawn Purnell's work!

#608 of 703 Old 05-31-2010, 01:56 PM

yay!! cant wait to see it Mittens!

i am trying to guage my ears to 2G, at most 0G. Right now i have tapers in at 8G. They ache but i am careful to keep them clean. I went from a 14G to an 8G which is a big jump, and i am worried i will cause issues for myself by going to quickly. Not to mention I have heard warnings against wearing tapers all day long. I dont have any 8G jewelry right now so I would have to go down to a 12G.

am I doing this wrong?

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#609 of 703 Old 05-31-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post

i am trying to guage my ears to 2G, at most 0G. Right now i have tapers in at 8G. They ache but i am careful to keep them clean. I went from a 14G to an 8G which is a big jump, and i am worried i will cause issues for myself by going to quickly. Not to mention I have heard warnings against wearing tapers all day long. I dont have any 8G jewelry right now so I would have to go down to a 12G.

am I doing this wrong?
Shouldn't cause issues but maybe a lot more pain then necessary. I went from a 18g to a 14g in my eyebrow and I noticed quite a bit of swelling but never had infection or anything.
Sorry for just jumping in but I just came across this thread!
I'm Jen and I have my eyebrow and lip pierced and am working on getting my septum done after I have my babe and possibly my first ink.
#610 of 703 Old 05-31-2010, 03:55 PM

welcome Jen!

I was worried about infection so i went down to a 12G ring. I noticed a good bit of blood when i changed the piercings so i think i may have torn it a bit.

#611 of 703 Old 06-06-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockmomma View Post
Here's my newish ink. I hope this link works. My half sleeve is under "in progress", and are the 1st and 2nd pics (fairy 1/2sleeve).http://www.thirtysixtytwo.com/ania.htmI love these pics of it, because you can see almost all of it. I love my new artist, she's awesome, and creates some of the most original work I've ever seen, and it's all original designs. I also love the shop she works at, it's very laid back, professional, and unpretentious. I plan on going to her husband Lane if I want anything in color, that's how I found her in the first place, I was looking for him.
i love love love this artist and your sleeve! so much that my husband and i are trying to come up with excuses to go to Milwaukee to get tattoos! she would be perfect for a concept that i have been wanting to get. are you in milwaukee? any idea if she ever travels to conventions?
#612 of 703 Old 06-07-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilike View Post
i love love love this artist and your sleeve! so much that my husband and i are trying to come up with excuses to go to Milwaukee to get tattoos! she would be perfect for a concept that i have been wanting to get. are you in milwaukee? any idea if she ever travels to conventions?
I'm not sure where she is at the moment. She has moved back to Poland, but travels back and forth quite a bit. Your best bet is to email her to find out when she'll be back in Milwaukee again. I know that she's planning/hoping to be in Milwaukee this fall sometime, and has already made appointments with people for the dates she hopes to be back in town. It's funny that you mention traveling to get a tattoo done by her, while I was getting mine done, there was a whole weekend that she spent on a tattoo for someone who had come all the way from Pennsylvania.

Double majoring Philosophy/History single student mommy geek.gif to DD(4yo)dust.gif. I heartbeat.gif reading (mostly feminist philosophy, Simone de Beauvoir and Jane Addams are my intellectual heros. I'm a dork pinktongue.gif), and sewmachine.gif.
You've got to get man off your eyeball, before you can see anything at all.- Shug Avery in "The Color Purple"

#613 of 703 Old 06-07-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure where she is at the moment. She has moved back to Poland, but travels back and forth quite a bit. Your best bet is to email her to find out when she'll be back in Milwaukee again. I know that she's planning/hoping to be in Milwaukee this fall sometime, and has already made appointments with people for the dates she hopes to be back in town. It's funny that you mention traveling to get a tattoo done by her, while I was getting mine done, there was a whole weekend that she spent on a tattoo for someone who had come all the way from Pennsylvania.
if she's working in Portland that would be even better if we were going to travel because we love Portland. we're in Denver so it's about the same distance. ...still just dreaming of course!
#614 of 703 Old 06-07-2010, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post

am I doing this wrong?
I'm not sure if wearing tappers all day is good for you or not, personally i've never used them. What I would suggest is taking your 12g plugs and doing the "wrap" method. If you've never heard of that, its taking regular teflon tape (or plumbers tape) and wrapping them evenly. You'll need to change out the tape AT LEAST every other day. When you re-wrap add another round or two. This will help with the stretching. Not only that, it's less painful than jumping from one gauge to another & it's quicker. Since your not planning on going too big this should be a better method for you.
I am now at 1inch and i've used this method the entire time and reached this size within a year. Whatever you decide to do DO NOT jump from one gauge to another too quick. Your right, you can cause major damage to your lobes which can sometimes be irreversible. Good luck!!
And now to introduce myself:
Fist off, i'm so happy to have found you ladies( & gents if there is any). I started getting modified when I was 15. It started out with my ears, I had like a billion in each..lol! So over the past 10 years i've changed them so much.
Here's what i've HAD:6-7 earings in each ear, Upper Belly button, Labret, 2 snake bites on each side of bottom lip, vertical labret.
Here's what I currently HAVE: 1 inch lobes (Which I LOVE LOVE LOVE), Tragus on right ear, 2 on upper cartilage of left ear, 1 snake bite on each side of lower lip, Septum, Left side of nostril, Eyebrow.
Hopefully soon i'll be getting a vertical tragus on my left ear. I have no tattoos yet. As soon as I have my lil Ladybug I will be getting my first one which will be my wedding ring. DH already has his and i'm super excited to finally be able to get mine!!

~The Mrs.-A.K.A Mommy loveeyes.gif ~
Happily married to 1 kewl.gif (4/4/2004) & SAHM to 3-DS(3) jog.gif ,DD1(6) notes.gif,DD2(1)babyf.gif

#615 of 703 Old 06-08-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
just reread that. POLAND. yikes! can't travel that far!
#616 of 703 Old 06-27-2010, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

@
#617 of 703 Old 06-28-2010, 04:22 PM

I have a question hoping someone can help me out

I've had my Navel/belly button pierced for a good 9 or so years now i've never had any problems with it.. no swelling, infection nothing all of a sudden last week it got really sore and swollen and started hurting it stops if i take the Jewlery out. anyone know why this could be happening? do u think it could be the metal after all these years

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#618 of 703 Old 06-29-2010, 11:27 AM

Are there any tattooed mamas from the Chicago area who can suggest an artist for me?

Single Mama to Vincent 3/30/09
#619 of 703 Old 07-08-2010, 11:57 PM

Hey all you tattooed mom's and dad's out there, I thought you might find this thread interesting http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1227595. I know I did, because I put sunscreen on my tattoos everyday to prevent fading. I actually threw out my old sunscreen and went and bought new stuff. If it wasn't something I used every day I wouldn't have gone that far, but since it is, I feel I should use a better, nontoxic sunscreen. YKWIM?

#620 of 703 Old 07-09-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiPolizzi View Post
Are there any tattooed mamas from the Chicago area who can suggest an artist for me?
Depending on how far you wish to travel, I highly recommend Danise Wolfe from Lucky 7 in Libertyville -she's done a ton of work on me and I can personally say she's awesome.

If you'd prefer to stay in the city, Deluxe tattoo on Irving Park Road is well known and probably the best in the city. Insight Tattoo also comes highly recommended.

Good luck!

autismribbon.gif

#621 of 703 Old 07-12-2010, 04:29 PM

Pierced mama here! I pierced my nose a few years ago randomly on my way home from the dentist. I had my oldest daughter (who was 6 at the time) with me. She thought it was cool. Although when I got home, my (now ex)husband threatened to divorce me over it. So I took it out but when we finally did split I went back to my piercer and had it redone for my 29th birthday. My piercer got a kick out of that. I had my naval pierced for a bit but it kept getting infected. Sad because I loved it and I hoped I could dress it up for belly dancing.

I want to get a cartilage piercing on my right ear and get a Phoenix tattoo with a lotus flower on my back to symbolize having to burn down my life and start over several times. But being a broke student mama, I'm still saving for that. lol My two girls like to do henna and say that they are going to be Tattoo artists one day and I get a kick out of that especially since their dad is super conservative, lol.

Student Mama of Three
#622 of 703 Old 07-15-2010, 08:15 PM

New here.

I currently have 3 tattoo's and plan to get a few more. I've pretty much removed most of my piercings since my baby pulls at everything, eh, maybe I'll put them back in after this phase stops . I had 5 piercings... not going to mention where exactly. My hubby has tons of tattoo's, both sleeves, legs, back, chest even... and some 0g earrings that he plans to get even larger. also his nips... is this still appropriate for this tribe? We've always been into this sort of thing and are pretty open, so.

he's here; kaine (11/9/09)
#623 of 703 Old 08-07-2010, 12:39 AM

I couldn't figure out where to ask this question. Then I found this thread and figured it must be the perfect place! So I just got a tattoo today. It's my second one, but my first was almost ten years ago before I got a lot more into "natural" living (avoiding chemicals, etc.) So I'm wondering if there's something natural I could use on the tattoo for the next few days instead of antibiotic ointment. I have raw shea butter that I use for everything. Think that would do? Thanks!

Gayle, mom to Reagan and Ryan, 09/15/03, Cade, 12/08/05 and sweet Josiah, 05/23/10-07/16/10
#624 of 703 Old 08-07-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroo_mom View Post
My two girls like to do henna and say that they are going to be Tattoo artists one day and I get a kick out of that especially since their dad is super conservative, lol.

uc.jpg  lotbirth.gif   waterbirth.jpg 
#625 of 703 Old 08-07-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl11 View Post
I couldn't figure out where to ask this question. Then I found this thread and figured it must be the perfect place! So I just got a tattoo today. It's my second one, but my first was almost ten years ago before I got a lot more into "natural" living (avoiding chemicals, etc.) So I'm wondering if there's something natural I could use on the tattoo for the next few days instead of antibiotic ointment. I have raw shea butter that I use for everything. Think that would do? Thanks!
i just used non scented lotion i never used antibiotic ointment

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#626 of 703 Old 08-08-2010, 03:22 AM

Anyone ever had an idea for a tattoo they wanted, but not sure how to incorporate it? I really want a phoenix to represent ds's birth, but i want something feminine. I want a full back peace, but have a tribal tattoo right above my butt crack and a rose/heart tattoo on my upper right shoulder. I usually draw my own tattoo's, but i'm struggling with this because i want it feminine but still able to represent ds!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#627 of 703 Old 08-08-2010, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
i have a consult for my next tattoo on thursday. i'm pretty excited! it's me and DH's 10th anniversary in a few weeks, and so this one is going to be for him. i'll post a pic whenever the work gets done (in a few weeks!?)

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#628 of 703 Old 08-08-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy View Post
Anyone ever had an idea for a tattoo they wanted, but not sure how to incorporate it? I really want a phoenix to represent ds's birth, but i want something feminine. I want a full back peace, but have a tribal tattoo right above my butt crack and a rose/heart tattoo on my upper right shoulder. I usually draw my own tattoo's, but i'm struggling with this because i want it feminine but still able to represent ds!
I'd take several photos of images you like/drawn, and take them to a reputable artist to draw them for you and have them incorporate your existing tattoos with the new piece. That's what they're there for.

autismribbon.gif

#629 of 703 Old 08-08-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
The artist I used to go to always recommended bacitracin for a day, then just plain lotion after that, so that is what I've always done.
#630 of 703 Old 08-09-2010, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
I always use unscented lotion on mine. Nothing fancy or expensive.

happytears.gifMe - married to DHROTFLMAO.gifMomma to furbabies dog2.gifStanley and dog2.gifOscar. TTCing #1 after angel.gif 10/13angel.gif 4/14 waiting for my rainbow1284.gif

Tags
Happiness Is A Choice For Teens , Todays Teen Student Edition

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page