Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 703 Old 07-09-2008, 08:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinsky View Post
I think I found my dream tat. If only I could win Lotto so I could maybe get it! How many sessions do you think it would take to complete? It's just too gorgeous.
Wow, that is gorgeous, isn't it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 703 Old 07-09-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannahsmummy View Post
Wow, that is gorgeous, isn't it?
Yep. I have a couple ideas for some modification to it, but I love the water and the lotuses and the use of negative space.

Would it be a good idea for me to go talk to an artist anytime soon, so I can get an idea of exactly what I want and what it will cost? Or should I wait until I'm closer to ready to get started? (I'm about six months from getting it done.)

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."
#123 of 703 Old 07-15-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinsky View Post
Would it be a good idea for me to go talk to an artist anytime soon, so I can get an idea of exactly what I want and what it will cost? Or should I wait until I'm closer to ready to get started? (I'm about six months from getting it done.)
Personally, when I got my last one which is fairly large, I wanted to know ahead of time what I was getting in for money and time wise. It can't hurt to go and talk to someone. Plus you'll get a feel for who you want to do it as well.
#124 of 703 Old 07-31-2008, 09:46 AM

someone encourage me!!

today is mybd (41, thank you) and I have an appt set for tomorrow night for a tatt. I'm supposed to be getting a sizey spider mum on my right shoulder with a curving vine sweeping out of it so I can add 2 more flowers eventually.

Now I am starting to re-think it because I am going to be applying for jobs here in the near future and everyone I have talked to in real life thinks I won't get hired if I have a big tattoo on my arm.

is that true?
can't I just cover it up with long sleeves and such?

dangit. I want the tatt pretty dang bad, but should I not do it???
#125 of 703 Old 07-31-2008, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oooh I just found this tribe! I am in the process of getting ready for my second tatt. I have someone doing a sketch right now. His work is amazing and I’m really hoping it’s what I’m looking for. I go pick it up today.

So I am getting a lotus flower that will have a baby curled up in the middle. The lotus represents a new beginning for my becoming a mom, starting a new career as a midwife and all the new moms and babies I will be helping. I will also have 2 butterflies flying around it to represent DH and DS.

I saw that pic linked above with the water and I love it! Although, I’m not sure if I want to go that big. I told the artist that I wouldn’t object to some water under the flower. This is going on my lower back.

Do you think it’s alright to post the sketch here? If it’s not breaking any rules, I will do that today. (I just found out how to link to sketches )
#126 of 703 Old 07-31-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susana View Post
someone encourage me!!

today is mybd (41, thank you) and I have an appt set for tomorrow night for a tatt. I'm supposed to be getting a sizey spider mum on my right shoulder with a curving vine sweeping out of it so I can add 2 more flowers eventually.

Now I am starting to re-think it because I am going to be applying for jobs here in the near future and everyone I have talked to in real life thinks I won't get hired if I have a big tattoo on my arm.

is that true?

That depends on what kind of job you are looking for, how low the tattoo will go down your arm, etc. If this is your first tattoo, you might want to just start with your shoulder and think about it some more. Then you can always keep adding.
#127 of 703 Old 07-31-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susana View Post
someone encourage me!!

is that true?

I say GO FOR IT!! I've never had a problem getting a job with a pretty obvious tattoo on my arm. I do live in a pretty liberal area of the country though, so it might depend on where you live. But I think overall, employers aren't really concerned about that unless you're applying to be a product spokesperson or something...

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#128 of 703 Old 07-31-2008, 01:04 PM

Hi everyone, I am subbing to this tribe.. I am so glad I found it. I have two tattoos, I am going to get more. I have all the following pierced.. Nose, Monroe, ears 5 times in right 6 times in left. I am done with being pierced, not because I want to, but dh doesn't like it. He doesn't mind the tattoos though. I am getting something Celtic for my next one, I just have to find a good, on great artist.. Know of any in my area anyone??

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#129 of 703 Old 07-31-2008, 01:10 PM

I've been reading through these threads off and on for a while. I'm 35 and only have my ears pierced (once) and I've been thinking of getting a tattoo, but can never seem to come up with something I like permanently. So, now, I'm considering getting something pierced- not sure what. I always feel like I'm too old to start this stuff now- but then I think 'why not?'

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#130 of 703 Old 07-31-2008, 01:29 PM

I'm 30 (will be 31 in Sept.) and I just got my industrial, my second nostril, and I'm stretching my lobes. Your never to old for something you think is beautiful.
#131 of 703 Old 07-31-2008, 01:47 PM

Hi! I am 27, and I have 4 tattoos so far. I want at least 2 more. DH says I'm gonna eventually look like the tattoo grandma! I used to have my bellybutton pierced (twice actually), as well as my tongue, but have since taken them out. My ears are pierced as well.
Pics of my tattoos

#132 of 703 Old 07-31-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbean91 View Post
I've been reading through these threads off and on for a while. I'm 35 and only have my ears pierced (once) and I've been thinking of getting a tattoo, but can never seem to come up with something I like permanently. So, now, I'm considering getting something pierced- not sure what. I always feel like I'm too old to start this stuff now- but then I think 'why not?'
I got my first tattoo when I was 34. I got my nose pierced when I was 41, and my monroe 6 months ago. You are never too old!

#133 of 703 Old 07-31-2008, 03:56 PM

Ok I know this image is pretty poor quality but it’s the sketch paper.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...odesign001.jpg

What do you ladies think? I LOVE it. I might cut the butterflies to half that size though. I am scheduled for next Friday but I might need to split it up into 2 sessions. He said it will be 3 hours and anywhere from $350-$450! Yikes. I only have $250 atm. Birthday money YAY! So I think I will do the flower first then the butterflies in October. I am not thrilled about going through the healing twice. But on the other hand, I would be nervous about sitting through 3 hours of tattooing. I’m afraid of the pain. What do you ladies think? Coming up with $200 is going to be really tough so I don’t know if I have much of an option.
#134 of 703 Old 07-31-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
Ok I know this image is pretty poor quality but it’s the sketch paper.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...odesign001.jpg

What do you ladies think? I LOVE it. I might cut the butterflies to half that size though. I am scheduled for next Friday but I might need to split it up into 2 sessions. He said it will be 3 hours and anywhere from $350-$450! Yikes. I only have $250 atm. Birthday money YAY! So I think I will do the flower first then the butterflies in October. I am not thrilled about going through the healing twice. But on the other hand, I would be nervous about sitting through 3 hours of tattooing. I’m afraid of the pain. What do you ladies think? Coming up with $200 is going to be really tough so I don’t know if I have much of an option.
I think it's beautiful.

#135 of 703 Old 07-31-2008, 06:37 PM

Hey mamas! Not sure I really qualify as tattoed and pierced YET but I'm hoping soon to get a tat! Right now I only have my ears pierced and stretched to an 8g getting ready to stretch to a 6g.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune6 View Post
Ancient Arts in Renton

I went to J and he is BEYOND awesome!

DH and I always drive by that place and have been thinking of checking them out for our tats should we ever get to the point that we can do them! Nice to hear a great review about it!!
#136 of 703 Old 08-01-2008, 03:34 AM

Hi everyone - I hope it's ok if I jump in with a question!

My DD will be 5 in a couple of weeks, and she wants to get her ears pierced for her birthday. I have no problem with this, but I want to do it safely. I had heard about the APP from someone, and I checked out their website, but there is nobody in my area from their list. Are there other ways to find reliable piercers? Will piercers do her ears at this age? Is it a bad idea to do her ears while she is so young? I'd love to do this for her, but only if it can be done the right way. I would love any advice!
#137 of 703 Old 08-01-2008, 08:41 AM

thanks for the replies This will be my second tatt. I love my first but am frustrated by it being hidden most of the time, hence the longing for something more visible!!

I think I am going to do it. I mean, do I really want to work for a company that doesn't think I am fantastic with ink? No.

Plus, I've had a crap year.
and I want the tattoo.

I go tonight!!:
#138 of 703 Old 08-01-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleaugustbaby View Post
Hi everyone - I hope it's ok if I jump in with a question!

My DD will be 5 in a couple of weeks, and she wants to get her ears pierced for her birthday. I have no problem with this, but I want to do it safely. I had heard about the APP from someone, and I checked out their website, but there is nobody in my area from their list. Are there other ways to find reliable piercers? Will piercers do her ears at this age? Is it a bad idea to do her ears while she is so young? I'd love to do this for her, but only if it can be done the right way. I would love any advice!

This is just my opinion based on what I've read and been told by piercers I have talked to. I would personally wait until she's a bit older. What is proper placement now may not be proper placement when she's older. Also, healing can sometimes be tricky at such a young age.
Most piercers I have talked to said they would not pierce a child that young due to placement, healing, etc. The last piercer I went you said he would maybe consider doing my oldest dd's ears (she's 10) but even he said he would prefer to wait a couple more years.
#139 of 703 Old 08-01-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
This is just my opinion based on what I've read and been told by piercers I have talked to. I would personally wait until she's a bit older. What is proper placement now may not be proper placement when she's older. Also, healing can sometimes be tricky at such a young age.
Most piercers I have talked to said they would not pierce a child that young due to placement, healing, etc. The last piercer I went you said he would maybe consider doing my oldest dd's ears (she's 10) but even he said he would prefer to wait a couple more years.
ITA I was *Forced* to wait until I was 12 and then my mom took me to the mall...they screwed up big time, used baby earings, and when my lobes swelled they closed over the tops of the earings and I had to have the dr take them out. Now, obviously a professional peircing place would be MUCH better than a stand in the middle of the mall, but I'm glad I waited until I was 16 to get them redone. At 5 I don't think I'd understand the pain aspect of it as much as if I were older. just my 2 cents.
#140 of 703 Old 08-01-2008, 04:08 PM

I had my ears pierced the old fashion way, my mom 2 drinks in her, me at the kitchen table with a potato behind my ear. I took dd's when they were 10. Actually my sis took them as a b-day present. Their ears look good.

#141 of 703 Old 08-02-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
I was wondering about this! Thanks for the info. I have no problem making her wait a few more years.
#142 of 703 Old 08-04-2008, 08:32 AM

I know this has already been asked but i dont have time to go through everything to find the answer. what about tat's and nursing? i have an 13, almost 14 mo dd and we will be moving soon and i want to get a tat while we are still here. i have been preg and nursing since we moved here! i would think the only thing is risk of infection and of course im going to someone my dh has been to and has a good reputation. so other than that everything should be ok?
#143 of 703 Old 08-04-2008, 10:00 AM

http://www.kellymom.com/health/lifes...s.html#Tattoos

It is suggested waiting until your baby is at least 1 yr (or I've heard 18m) before get inked.
#144 of 703 Old 08-04-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hram View Post
I know this has already been asked but i dont have time to go through everything to find the answer. what about tat's and nursing? i have an 13, almost 14 mo dd and we will be moving soon and i want to get a tat while we are still here. i have been preg and nursing since we moved here! i would think the only thing is risk of infection and of course im going to someone my dh has been to and has a good reputation. so other than that everything should be ok?
14 months should be fine. The biggest risk is infection because our body directs more energy to nursing then healing wounds. I would say go for it. I am getting inked and my DS is 11 months. My artist said he is ok with it (and he is very professional)
#145 of 703 Old 08-04-2008, 01:49 PM

Alright! Took me a long time to find this tribe. I'm a fully sleeved, former body piercer turned SAHM. Although I haven't been tattooed in years, and dont have any plans to anytime soon, I'm glad I found some inked mamas!

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#146 of 703 Old 08-05-2008, 09:34 AM

Ok ladies…..I am booked for my tattoo on Friday. I am excited and really nervous. I’m just nervous about the baby and hope he does a really great job. He keeps reassuring me but it’s hard to picture what it will look like you know?

Does anyone here feel these jitters before the big day or am I the only one
#147 of 703 Old 08-05-2008, 10:14 AM

I Think I Am Going To Go For It. When I Saw This Pic (sailor Jerry) I Knew That Was The One I Was Going To Get Next. I Was Supposed To Go And Talk To The Guy This Week But Dh Has To Work Nights This Week But Isnt Sure Of His Schedule Yet, So Of Course I Have To Wait On That. But I Get Really Nervous Right Before, Like Driving To The Shop. Then Once It Starts I Think Why Do I Put Myself Through This Pain, Then Its Over And Im Glad. So I Guess If I Can Have Two Kids I Can Get A Tat For An Hour!
#148 of 703 Old 08-05-2008, 12:27 PM

I don't get nervous or jitters anymore. Every time I sit down in the chair I'm like why am I doing this to myself again? This hurts! But after it's all said and done, I'm so happy I did it.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#149 of 703 Old 08-05-2008, 01:13 PM

I'm weird, but my last two didn't hurt that much until after they were done...while it's being done is a good kind of pain...does that make sense? :

#150 of 703 Old 08-05-2008, 08:58 PM

I only have one tat, which I had done almost 16 years ago I've been thinking I might get another one for my kids when I'm done having them & have the money. I love the idea of one for lost babies, too, but I don't even know exactly how many there've been, since keeping count got too depressing after around 6 or 7.

Anyone who has an older tat had theirs reinked? When I had mine done, they suggested every 10 years & the implication was that it would be free to do it. Obviously I've never had it redone & have no idea if any other place would charge or not.

I had a picture of it somewhere, but I have no idea where it went. Might take another one one of these days.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Tags
Happiness Is A Choice For Teens , Todays Teen Student Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page