Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-06-2008, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Only way it would be free is if you went back to that same artist that did it originally. I don't have any that are 16 years old but alot of mine are around 10 years old. Some need help. Most don't. What sucks about the whole touch up thing is its hard to find a quality artist that is willing to mess with someone elses work. My sleeve was Started in 01 and finished in 04. The artist who did all of it passed away in 06. I have to admit, some of the older stuff needs a little work but NO ONE will touch it around here. It's a big no no. I'm the one who has to live with it and he was MY best friend and I KNOW he would have wanted me to get it touched up by one of his favorite artists but heck no, they wont do it. Oh well! Oh the politics.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2008, 04:47 PM

im going in tonight to i guess talk to the guy and maby if im lucky he can do it then. :

but i have a tat on my side i want to get touched up, i dont want it covered because i really like it. it just isnt the best job. the guy put in a lot of small detail in the handle of the dagger and its kindof fuzzy. and the lines arent that sharp and straight. i havent even asked anyone if they would work on it, i was afraid they wouldnt even consider it.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:40 PM

can i just say going from an 8g to a 6g seems like the hardest jump yet? Just had to share my 'pain' for the day lol
Old 08-07-2008, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingSleep View Post
can i just say going from an 8g to a 6g seems like the hardest jump yet? Just had to share my 'pain' for the day lol
ouch!

Ok ladies...what is your standard after tatt care? I hear so many conflicting things. I am going tomorrow so I want to buy the aftercare stuff tonight. Is there a good soap/lotion I should get?
Old 08-07-2008, 04:40 PM

Hi, ladies! I'm jumping in here because I'm about to get my next tat, and want some place to brag about it! I just got a Venus/Goddess of Willendorf on my forearm for Mother's Day, and I got the bug again! It had been about 8 years prior to that since my last session. Today's my birthday, and I'm pooling my b-day money from family to get the Hindu goddess Kali on the top of my forearm. I'm working toward a full sleeve, and plan to do the whole thing in goddess art.

So, as far as aftercare is concerned, I'm actually going to start making my own herbal salve that is just amazing. I used plantain on my last one, and it healed way faster than anything I've ever seen. Then I discovered alder via a friend, and it is awesome for pain relief. My sis used it on her tat, and said the sting went away immediately! So I think I'm going to combine the two, and have even thought about taking it to the local shops to see if there's any interest.

I look forward to hearing about everyone else's adventures in body modification! :
Old 08-07-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingSleep View Post

How long have you been at an 8g? You don't have any bleeding, swelling, or anything do you?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
How long have you been at an 8g? You don't have any bleeding, swelling, or anything do you?
A little over a month and no, no bleeding, a tiny bit of swelling yesterday afternoon but it only lasted for maybe an hour, and went away as soon as i put plugs in instead of the tapers after getting up to a 6 all the way. I think DS's obsession with the taper wasn't helping any!

The one ear he yanked on quite a few times is a little sore today though
Old 08-07-2008, 08:43 PM

You may have gone too quickly.

Here is a pretty good stretching guide:
http://forums.bodyartforms.com/forums/t/5641.aspx

Fresh piercing to first stretch: Approx 5 to 6 months
16g to 14g - 1 month
14g to 12g - 1 month
12g to 10g - 1.5 months
10g to 8g - 2 months
8g to 6g - 3 months
6g to 4g - 3 month
4g to 2g - 3 months
2g to 0g - 4 months
0g to 00g - 4 months
Old 08-07-2008, 10:34 PM

Thanks for the link! i'm surprised i didn't find it on there before, we buy all our jewelry there. I asked DH and he said it was almost 2 months, i loose track of time lol. We'll wait a few more weeks before going to a 4 that's for sure! I'm trying to decide now just how big i want to go. i've heard at a 2g it'll never go back to 'normal' but i've also heard that anything up to a 0g will go back to normal so I dunno. I guess I should start deciding soon though!!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:04 AM

Seeking Sleep – do you play EQ?

So today is the big day ladies! I go to get my tatt this afternoon. I am still deciding if I should get it all done at once. He said it will take 3 hours and I’m nervous about the pain. I might just do the flower today and go back for the butterflies. Do you think it would be logical to ask him to do the flowers and if I’m feeling ok then continue with the butterflies? Or is that out of order?
Old 08-08-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
Seeking Sleep – do you play EQ?
Not right now, just WoW
Old 08-08-2008, 01:47 PM

Ahhh. I never got into WoW but played EQ for 8 or 9 years. Sorry for the OT.

Anywho…I am still nervous and counting down the hours till I go in today.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
So today is the big day ladies! I go to get my tatt this afternoon. I am still deciding if I should get it all done at once. He said it will take 3 hours and I’m nervous about the pain. I might just do the flower today and go back for the butterflies. Do you think it would be logical to ask him to do the flowers and if I’m feeling ok then continue with the butterflies? Or is that out of order?
I know it's probably different for everyone, but in my experience you get kind of numb after the needle is on you for a bit... so I would want to do it all at once. Otherwise, you have to go in with fresh skin again- or healing skin, and that would hurt even worse.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:33 PM

Do any of you have text tattoos? If so, where? I am planning a text tat for my birthday, but I am trying to figure out where to get it.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengingophelia View Post
Do any of you have text tattoos? If so, where? I am planning a text tat for my birthday, but I am trying to figure out where to get it.
I don't have any text tattoos, though I'm considering getting one. I saw one woman with one at the base of her neck and it looked pretty cool.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:09 PM

All done ladies!!! It was painfuly awfuly hurty. I originally wanted to leave space under the flower for water at a later date but omg it hurt so much...i'm not sure if I can do anymore.

I love it :

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...rah/tatto1.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...ah/tattoo2.jpg
Old 08-08-2008, 09:37 PM

That's awesome- congrats on your first tatt!!

And you say that now.... but it's just like childbirth- you will forget the pain soon enough and want to do it all over again. Tatts are addicting!

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
All done ladies!!! It was painfuly awfuly hurty. I originally wanted to leave space under the flower for water at a later date but omg it hurt so much...i'm not sure if I can do anymore.

I love it :

Brilliant!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:

I love it :

Beautiful!! I love it. How long did it take?

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."
Old 08-09-2008, 01:36 AM

I have a text tattoo at the base of my neck, like my collar bone in script that says "Pro-Life". I also have alot of text inside of banners all over my body. Like my kids names, husbands name, mom, Texas, love, hate, just to name a few. I like banners for words personally.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

Old 08-09-2008, 09:04 AM

Thanks ladies. It took about 2 hours with a few 1-2 minute breaks.

I'm still adjusting to the size I knew it would be big but it's an adjustment.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:35 AM

I just washed my tattoo this morning and my shirt was stuck to it from last night. So I soaked the shirt and gently peeled it off. Well....there was ink on the shirt! Is this normal? Does some leek out because it got stuck on? I hope I didn't mess it up by sleeping on it (I can not sleep on my tummy for the life of me).
Old 08-09-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I just washed my tattoo this morning and my shirt was stuck to it from last night. So I soaked the shirt and gently peeled it off. Well....there was ink on the shirt! Is this normal? Does some leek out because it got stuck on? I hope I didn't mess it up by sleeping on it (I can not sleep on my tummy for the life of me).
Don't worry- it's normal! It's beautiful, btw.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:00 PM

Thank you.

Surprisingly, it's not all that painful anymore. I sometimes don't even feel it. It's still tender when I lean on stuff though. I am hoping for a smooth healing time! It's actually getting more pink which looks really cool.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:34 AM

You all have some beautiful work!

Here are my latest...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...s/IMG_0649.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...s/IMG_0652.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...s/IMG_0667.jpg

The one on my foot I am not really happy with. I had wanted to get the two numbers in the middle with a solid black ribbon around it. He drew it up with the numbers through the ribbon. It looked pretty good in the drawing, but I don't like how it turned out. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Mama to: turtle 6August01 and frog 28May05 and ttc#3
Old 08-13-2008, 12:55 PM

I am still trying to figure out where to put my text tattoo. My birthday is in a couple of weeks and I want to get it as a birthday present for myself. Please please share your ideas for placement of text?

It's going to say:

Alis Volat Propiis
Old 08-13-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I am still trying to figure out where to put my text tattoo. My birthday is in a couple of weeks and I want to get it as a birthday present for myself. Please please share your ideas for placement of text?

It's going to say:

Alis Volat Propiis
I have three tats planned and one will be text (although not in Roman alphabet) written vertically down the side of my abdomen, along my obliques. Wrapped around limbs, and draped around the abdomen (either in front from hip to hip or across the tramp-stamp area) also work well, IMO.

Lovely phrase of choice, BTW!

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
Old 08-13-2008, 06:43 PM

Thanks. I am a very very homesick Oregon girl who has lived away from home for too long, and that's the state motto.

Placements I am considering are the top of my foot, the back of my neck, over one of my hips, and my lower back (I have a tramp stamp already, so it would have to be worked in somehow).
Old 08-13-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I am a very very homesick Oregon girl who has lived away from home for too long, and that's the state motto.

Placements I am considering are the top of my foot, the back of my neck, over one of my hips, and my lower back (I have a tramp stamp already, so it would have to be worked in somehow).
I saw a text tat on a foot and it was amazing!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:42 AM

I'm here!

I think on the foot would look awesome for a text tattoo. I have text on my left forearm that says "love laugh live". One day I will have full arm sleeves that are at least 90% text (the other 10% is going to be simple black and white designs like a peace symbol and stars).

Only one tattoo right now because I've either been pregnant or broke the last 4 years. I do have my ears pierced: 6g, 8g and 10g. I retired my navel and industrial piercings. I really miss my industrial, I regret taking it out. Maybe I'll get it done again one day. I'm hoping to get my nose pierced soon. Anyone know a good piercer/tattoo artist in Austin?

Tags
Happiness Is A Choice For Teens , Todays Teen Student Edition
User Tag List