Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 703 Old 08-14-2008, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapPearls View Post
Anyone know a good piercer/tattoo artist in Austin?
I've not been pierced here, but I absolutely loved the artist who did this tat for me. His name is Jason Masarik and he's at Atomic Tattoo and Piercing. I believe at the south location.
#182 of 703 Old 08-14-2008, 02:30 PM

new here...wondering if anyone got tats/piercings while bf'ing?I got my nose pierced back in May,tried to change it a couple of weeks ago after the piercing guy had to leave and the tat guy said I could.I'm thinking of getting it redone this weekend...I guess it's recommended not to while bf'ing but the place I go to doesn't have a problem with it if it isn't a nipple piercing..they're super sterile but said they won't pierce a pg woman.

Also,if you have your nose done,which side?Mine was on the right but now I don't know which side to get it on.If I get it redone on the right,how long do I need to let it heal before getting it done again??

Sorry for all the questions..I have no friends IRL that are mamas and have tats/piercings
#183 of 703 Old 08-14-2008, 02:55 PM

I tried posting this in TAO but didn't get a lot of responses, so perhaps I should ask you Mamas that already have body art

I have wanted a tattoo since I turned 19-years-old. My 27th birthday is September 27th, and I feel ready. The reason that it has taken me so long (besides being pregnant three times) is that I didn't want to rush anything. I didn't want to get a tattoo just to get one, I want it to have a lot of meaning.

I have been heavily leaning towards something birth related the last few years. It feels right since I am devoting my life to raising my babies and I am starting my midwifery education next spring.

I want something perfect. I love this pendant, it inspires me, but I don't know how well it would translate into body art. And I love color.

So, hit me! Any ideas? Anything you love?

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#184 of 703 Old 08-14-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkydoula View Post
I tried posting this in TAO but didn't get a lot of responses, so perhaps I should ask you Mamas that already have body art

I have wanted a tattoo since I turned 19-years-old. My 27th birthday is September 27th, and I feel ready. The reason that it has taken me so long (besides being pregnant three times) is that I didn't want to rush anything. I didn't want to get a tattoo just to get one, I want it to have a lot of meaning.

I have been heavily leaning towards something birth related the last few years. It feels right since I am devoting my life to raising my babies and I am starting my midwifery education next spring.

I want something perfect. I love this pendant, it inspires me, but I don't know how well it would translate into body art. And I love color.

Something someone suggestion on another forum I'm on is this http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...7GWYE%26sa%3DX A motherhood knot!!I'm considering one.You put a dot inside for each of your kids
#185 of 703 Old 08-14-2008, 05:59 PM

Does anyone know of a place to buy quality body jewelry for decent prices online other than Body Art Forms? I swear I look through BAF twice a day, I need a new site to look at! Our 1st anniversary is coming up and I want DH to get me some new jewelry
#186 of 703 Old 08-14-2008, 06:25 PM

I love BAF, but I also like [http://www.tribalectic.com/store/pc/ (though most of that is custom order).
#187 of 703 Old 08-15-2008, 11:52 AM

CanidFL - I love your tattoo! It's beautiful. I'm amazed it only took 2 hours. Mine took 1.5 and it's nowhere near as big or detail!

Here are my long promised pics of my tattoo. The pics are taken by my 6 year old so they aren't great. I don't know if my nose piercing will show up. I'm planning on switching it to a ring so I'll post pics when I do that.

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/c...DSCF1035-1.jpg

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/c...a/DSCF1039.jpg

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/c...a/DSCF1036.jpg

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/c...a/DSCF1033.jpg
#188 of 703 Old 08-15-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
I love BAF, but I also like [http://www.tribalectic.com/store/pc/ (though most of that is custom order).
Thanks! I'm pondering trying glass plugs but I dunno yet! I'm eventually going to stretch to a 4 and then I might stay there for a while. How long after stretching should I wait to use glass, acrylic, bone, or wood? I was told to use only metal plugs right after stretching.
#189 of 703 Old 08-15-2008, 01:26 PM

You don't have to wait to use glass, but I would stay away from acrylic and wait to use bone, wood, etc until your ears have healed from the stretching (or at least a few weeks to a month).

I LOVE the glass plugs from http://www.glasswearstudios.com/webpages/home.html Beautiful and very high quality.
#190 of 703 Old 08-15-2008, 02:05 PM

Ooo decent prices too!! Off to make a wishlist for DH
#191 of 703 Old 08-15-2008, 02:49 PM

And the customer service is great and they ship quickly.

Check out this place too:
http://www.tawapa.com/store/home.php

Expensive, but sooooo pretty. I love to window shop there and dream of all the things I would order if I only had the bottomless pit of money.
#192 of 703 Old 08-15-2008, 03:36 PM

heheh i love to window shop too, for a while it was dipes now its jewelry. DH just rolls his eyes at me!
#193 of 703 Old 08-15-2008, 03:40 PM

LOL. Same here, except for me it was baby wraps. Now that I'm happy with the wraps I have (and I've downsized a lot to just what I love to use and is comfy), I'm hooked on plugs and jewelry (oh, and bpal oil....yum!).
#194 of 703 Old 08-15-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by segata View Post
Something someone suggestion on another forum I'm on is this http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...7GWYE%26sa%3DX A motherhood knot!!I'm considering one.You put a dot inside for each of your kids
Oooh! I love that! I've been wanting to get another tat, but haven't been able to find anything that really clicks.

I designed my first tattoo, myself:

http://www.kittyfox.net/gallery/albu...2/mytattoo.jpg
#195 of 703 Old 08-15-2008, 04:40 PM

I've seen a lot of the motherhood knot tattoos and they are very pretty.
#196 of 703 Old 08-15-2008, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkydoula View Post

I love that picture. I would go talk to an artist and see what they can do. You want it to look pretty on your body KWIM? I just recently got a tat to represent my future midwife career (i am starting school in a couple weeks) and my family. Look back 1 page and you can see pics. I originally wanted a lotus flower with a baby crowning but the artist drew up something much more pretty that still has the meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiddlinmama View Post
CanidFL - I love your tattoo! It's beautiful. I'm amazed it only took 2 hours. Mine took 1.5 and it's nowhere near as big or detail

Thanks. I'm still in awe over it. I love it! He was just really good. I have no idea how he did it so fast. He freehanded the baby and butterflies too which made me nervous but it turned out great. I love yours too!
#197 of 703 Old 08-15-2008, 05:42 PM

i finally got my tat!! it is so pretty and the guy did a great job. but my leg is so sore!! i dont remember any other one being so sore afterward. but i wanted to put out there that im bf'ing also and i felt very comfortable getting a tat. the guy is really great and super clean. he even had a cold and blew his nose like ten times and had to germ x everything and get new gloves and what not. im just sad we are leaving soon, ill have to save up to get at least one more before we go.
#198 of 703 Old 08-15-2008, 08:33 PM

ooooh I want to see pics!! I could not imagine a leg tatt. It sounds super sensitive.
#199 of 703 Old 08-15-2008, 10:44 PM

Hello fellow tat mamas!!

I only have one tattoo...as of yet, but really want to get another on my hip. I haven't had time to read all of the posts here yet, so I don't know if this has been asked before. We're planning on having at least one more kid, and I'm worried about possibly stretching out a tattoo from a pregnancy. Anyone have any experience with this? My current tattoo is on my upper middle back, so it wasn't affected when I was pregnant with ds. I didn't get any stretch marks the first time around, but I don't know if I'll be so lucky next time.

TIA!
#200 of 703 Old 08-19-2008, 03:13 PM

keyboard,is,broke...no,space,or,enter,button...onc e,it,is,totally,healed,ill,get,pics...its,my,third ,on,my,leg,but,the,others,werent,so,bad...now,im,g oing,to,look,at,monore,piercings(i,thing,that,is,w hat,its,called)....i,have,to,get,that,and,my,nose, before,i,move....
#201 of 703 Old 08-19-2008, 10:24 PM
wbg

HI there. I have one tat and am hoping to get another soon. Also DH wants one more too. I have three questions:
Does anyone know a good artist in the NY/NJ area. I have an idea but need a great artist to draw it for me.
I am still losing the baby weight from baby number 4. Planning tat for lower back. Is it best to wait until I am back to my usual weight?
Does it have any impact on BFing?
Sorry if these are repeat questions.
Take care Mamas!

wbg...constantly amazed by Z , cherishing I , inspired by P , adoring K and still getting butterflies when I wake up with B !
#202 of 703 Old 08-20-2008, 03:45 AM

: Hi all! I have one tattoo on my right arm/bicep. It's a Sailor Jack Swallow tattoo and was a gift from my bro and SIL on my 19th bday. I've been wanting more forever but just haven't had the time or money to do it. DP's best friend from childhood has been apprenticing for years and offered us free ink this weekend!!! : So, as of Saturday I have to know what I want for my next tat. I have a few ideas and would love feedback....

1) http://static.flickr.com/55/135975320_1d16526e42_m.jpg

2) Flowers that my dad drew about a month before he passed from Brain Cancer. He was an amazing artist and I want something to memorialize him and think this is a great way to do it.

3) Something in honor of my two boys. I was thinking of a fish and a peace lily as these are each respective signs of their birthdates but I don't have a design I already like and I don't want to rush it.

Anyone have recommendations for tats about your kids? TIA!!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#203 of 703 Old 08-20-2008, 03:59 AM

Hiya everyone! I dno't know if I've posted here. But if I did I've since got my 3rd tattoo!

My first one done in 2005
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/...6b1425cb_o.jpg

My second one done July 10, 2007
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3144/...d83ed89a_o.jpg

And my most recent done June 25, 2008
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3080/...fa90d911_o.jpg

I've got 4 more planned, maybe 5. A heart with an american flag in memory of my cousin KIA 7/27/2007. A rose with my grandma Nellie's name (she died 11/8/2007) 3 dragon flies each a different colour in honour of my three girls, a small smilie face with a halo and 3 stars in honour of my three early angels lost to m/c.

My maybe is, I'm getting a portrait done of Calypso from this lady
http://www.sallyportraits.com/
If it looks anything like what she has on her site I'm going to get it tattood on myself
#204 of 703 Old 08-23-2008, 11:41 AM

ok ladies. I inspected my tattoo up close this morning and it's not looking all that great. The color looks really faded in some parts and almost like it's not even there. Is this normal? It's been 2 weeks since I got it. I think I will have to get it touched up but honestly....I would say more then 30% is really faded

I will try to post a pic later.
#205 of 703 Old 08-23-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
ok ladies. I inspected my tattoo up close this morning and it's not looking all that great. The color looks really faded in some parts and almost like it's not even there. Is this normal? It's been 2 weeks since I got it. I think I will have to get it touched up but honestly....I would say more then 30% is really faded

I will try to post a pic later.
Some fading IS normal. I won't be able to tell you if it's normal or not until I see a pic. What were you putting on it?
#206 of 703 Old 08-24-2008, 10:13 AM

I put inkfixx on it for about 4 days then when the skin got hard, I switched to a lotion that was really mild. It says fragrance free but the ingredients list fragrance. I don't think it pulled the color out but who knows. The skin peeling off was really dark with color. I never really got any scabs, just peeling.

BTW - I love the tatt on your back. So sweet. I think a portrait would be really nice too.

I will try to get DH to take a pic today.
#207 of 703 Old 08-24-2008, 10:33 AM

Thanks hun for the lovely comments on my tattoo

i've never used Inkfixx. I only have ever used aquafor on my tatts with no issues. Use it the first 4 days and then I'm good save for lotion
#208 of 703 Old 08-24-2008, 02:35 PM

ok here is the shot about 1 hour after the tatt

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...rah/tatto1.jpg

and here is it today 2 weeks later

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...rah/2weeks.jpg

It looks like there is some color missing on the petals.... what do you ladies think? Should I get a touch up?
#209 of 703 Old 08-24-2008, 04:53 PM

Not a tattoo "pro" here never had one myself but could the "missing" color be from where your skin has healed and isn't red anymore? Just a thought...no real clue! lol
#210 of 703 Old 08-24-2008, 05:18 PM

Canid- it looks GREAT to me! The only 'missing color' I see at all is also in the first pic. I don't think it's overly faded at all!

My most recent looked SO much different healed, but still good
right after it was done
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t08/june25.jpg

Healed
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t08/july27.jpg

Tags
Happiness Is A Choice For Teens , Todays Teen Student Edition

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page