Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 703 Old 08-24-2008, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok, I see a difference in the two you posted. I guess mine has the same kind of fading. I looked at the pics I posted again and I can see in the original some of the color seems to be missing around the edges of the petals. Maybe I am just obsessing I still think I will go back in a couple weeks and see if the artist wants to touch it up in some of those areas or if that was intentional. It seems weird to leave some colors out around the edges KWIM?

I thought about the redness fading once I was healed and that makes sense too.

BTW - is that the boy from Where the Wild Things Are? He's so cute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 703 Old 08-25-2008, 02:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's actually Naruto in a Kyuubi (the 9 tailed demon fox) costume
#213 of 703 Old 08-25-2008, 02:16 AM

I'd love to get an open bird cage with a sparrow or dove or something nice flying away.
I'd also like to get a tattoo for my 3 kids but I'm not sure what.

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#214 of 703 Old 08-25-2008, 11:20 AM

I am going in to make an appt for my fourth tattoo this week. Now I need to find a font for the artist to draw from. Anybody know of any tools that allow you to put your own words in different fonts and see how they look?

BTW, I am going to go with the top of the foot for location.
#215 of 703 Old 08-25-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengingophelia View Post
I am going in to make an appt for my fourth tattoo this week. Now I need to find a font for the artist to draw from. Anybody know of any tools that allow you to put your own words in different fonts and see how they look?

BTW, I am going to go with the top of the foot for location.
I've used Microsoft Word to play with fonts. I just type the same thing over and over, and then highlight and change the font for each one to see them all "side-by-side" as it were.
#216 of 703 Old 08-25-2008, 08:01 PM

#217 of 703 Old 08-25-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Looks great! I love it.

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."
#218 of 703 Old 08-25-2008, 08:33 PM

This is amazing.

I realized, after I took the picture (and thus was not looking at it upside down) that there is a letter missing. It's propRiis, not propiis. So after it heals it's going to be fixed.

Gah. I cannot believe that. What a bad joke.
#219 of 703 Old 08-27-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
This is amazing.

I realized, after I took the picture (and thus was not looking at it upside down) that there is a letter missing. It's propRiis, not propiis. So after it heals it's going to be fixed.

Gah. I cannot believe that. What a bad joke.
Eeegads, I'm so sorry!! It's a tattoo worst nigtmare! Happy Birthday. I hope it was a good one despite the misspelling!!
#220 of 703 Old 08-27-2008, 12:42 AM

I've decided it's time.
DH and I got tatooed together when we were dating. (during the three months that we dated before we got married So here we are, 17 years later....(I know I can't believe it either) and we've decided to get tatoos for our anniversary present to each other. :

I've got my image somewhat planned out. I'm researching the local artists (that part still scares the crap out of me because I want a really good artistic tat). And I'm looking at our budget.

So, I need to know how much I'm looking at for a pretty big piece. I'm hoping to have almost a 1/2 sleeve when it's finished. It will probably take two sittings. And I'll need the artist to put the drawing together for me. I have no idea how much it might cost as it's been years since my last tat. What am I looking at $300, $600, or $1200???
#221 of 703 Old 08-27-2008, 01:42 PM

I'm getting you are talking a $500-$600 piece, but it really depends on your artist.

I wrote a blog post today about my tats, I thought some of you might be interested.
#222 of 703 Old 08-27-2008, 04:28 PM

Grace, I'm sorry your tat is misspelled! If it helps at all, it seems that it is often spelled without the 'r' - I guess it's a common mistake to make. Sucks that it happened in your tattoo though!

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."
#223 of 703 Old 08-27-2008, 04:54 PM

The next tattoo I plan on getting is a dogwood flower on my inner left wrist. I'm also thinking about maybe having a pinecone with a dogwood flower in front of it instead. I've been wanting something to symbolize North Carolina because it is my home and I miss it so much.

I've also been wanting an arm sleeve forever and today it just dawned on me: Why not do a sleeve dedicated to NC? I could do the dogwood and pinecone, but also add all kinds of things like a venus flytrap, honey bee, cardinal, strawberries, etc.

Does this seem silly or like it's too much?

Mama to: turtle 6August01 and frog 28May05 and ttc#3
#224 of 703 Old 08-27-2008, 06:20 PM

I was thinking about getting a dogwood flower also, but because I'm from Va.
#225 of 703 Old 08-28-2008, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwinds View Post
I've also been wanting an arm sleeve forever and today it just dawned on me: Why not do a sleeve dedicated to NC? I could do the dogwood and pinecone, but also add all kinds of things like a venus flytrap, honey bee, cardinal, strawberries, etc.

I think it sounds like a really pretty sleeve! You hafta post pics if you get it.
#226 of 703 Old 08-28-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
I'm getting you are talking a $500-$600 piece, but it really depends on your artist.

I wrote a blog post today about my tats, I thought some of you might be interested.
Thank you I'm hoping that's the range I'll end up in. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to compromise on the tat so if it's too much, it'll just have to wait.

Thanks for sharing the link to your blog. I really enjoyed reading your tattoo entry. It struck home for me and made me relive the milestones I have marked with tattoos. Most of them I'd like to have covered or removed or changed. But you really made me think about the meaning behind them and the times and phases in my life that they represent.
#227 of 703 Old 09-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Joi

Grace... first of all I love the Ani reference. Secondly I am so sorry about the misspelled tattoo..... that is a fear of mine. Third it is so nice to see a fellow tattooed Oregonian (fwiw I see MOD at Tigerlily)
#228 of 703 Old 09-04-2008, 11:07 PM

nm

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#229 of 703 Old 09-05-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwinds View Post
The next tattoo I plan on getting is a dogwood flower on my inner left wrist. I'm also thinking about maybe having a pinecone with a dogwood flower in front of it instead. I've been wanting something to symbolize North Carolina because it is my home and I miss it so much.

Okay, not too much at all! I am hoping to do a sleeve sometime in the near future (but I've been saying that for about a year now!) and this is very similar to what I wanted to do. Kind of like nature's healing altar on my arm. I was wanting to incorporate seasons as it moves down. Flowers, plants, pinecones, acorns, holly etc. I will also have one or two honeybees in there!

I have about 30 hours of ink in just two pieces. I have a backpiece and a stomach piece. The sleeve will be my third.

I have also been pierced just about everywhere, though not much remains....my dear friend is a piercer and did almost all of my work. Dh and I are both pretty heavily inked.
#230 of 703 Old 09-05-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
And the customer service is great and they ship quickly.

Check out this place too:
http://www.tawapa.com/store/home.php

Expensive, but sooooo pretty. I love to window shop there and dream of all the things I would order if I only had the bottomless pit of money.
I just got two pair from here the other day! They are STUNNING! One is a sterling floral spiral (6 g.) and one is a abalone wisteria (6 g. too) Absolutely lovely. I am going for the seraphim next!

I was at a 00, but stretched and let go back down. I miss the 00 for the kick ass plugs and eyelets, but really like the girly things that are out on the market right now!
#231 of 703 Old 09-06-2008, 12:25 PM

for my next tattoo i'm just planning on something really simple. my son's birthday, 09-14-07, on my left wrist. i may do something different once he is older and has a bit more personality. anyone have pics of body mods you have gotten for your children?
#232 of 703 Old 09-06-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
I just got two pair from here the other day! They are STUNNING! One is a sterling floral spiral (6 g.) and one is a abalone wisteria (6 g. too) Absolutely lovely. I am going for the seraphim next!

I was at a 00, but stretched and let go back down. I miss the 00 for the kick ass plugs and eyelets, but really like the girly things that are out on the market right now!
I LOVE the fact that there are tons of pretty/girly things! The whole reason I decided to stretch my lobes was because I saw a pair of plugs I liked one day
#233 of 703 Old 09-07-2008, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilishdestiny View Post
for my next tattoo i'm just planning on something really simple. my son's birthday, 09-14-07, on my left wrist. i may do something different once he is older and has a bit more personality. anyone have pics of body mods you have gotten for your children?

I just got one for my girls on Friday. Here is a link Dragons.jpg

This was my first ink and I'm SO excited about it. It was 6 hrs in the shop, around 5 in the chair. I love my artist... I could have just kissed him for the work he did.. I'm a happy mama with my first experience.
#234 of 703 Old 09-07-2008, 09:51 AM

Mel C, that tattoo is beautiful! and kudos to you for going for the 5 hours!

nice job
#235 of 703 Old 09-07-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
I just got one for my girls on Friday. Here is a link Dragons.jpg

This was my first ink and I'm SO excited about it. It was 6 hrs in the shop, around 5 in the chair. I love my artist... I could have just kissed him for the work he did.. I'm a happy mama with my first experience.
VERY cool. That is a gorgeous piece!

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#236 of 703 Old 09-07-2008, 11:21 PM

love your dragons...and admire you for sitting 6 hours for the first time!
my shoulder-back-waist pice went for 10hrs, but i couln´t sit for more than 4 hours!!
congrats!
#237 of 703 Old 09-10-2008, 05:11 PM

Hearing about everyone's peircings makes me realize how much I miss mine I used to have my nose, nipples, tongue, and lip peirced.. but nursing doesn't appreciate any of those..grrr... I also have a horrible crescent moon tattoo on my upper chest, and chinese symbols for Angel/Dark on my neck. I'm hopeing to get the moon covered up with black ivy and a small red flower (for my DD) before I get married in April..

Piercing question: Anyone have/had peirced nipples and successfully breastfeed? I couldn't get DD to latch so we had to give up, but I'm curious about BF the next one..
#238 of 703 Old 09-11-2008, 03:16 AM

One tatt on my calf
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t.../mamastatt.jpg
and wanting a nose piercing!

Paula, happy wife and mama to 6
#239 of 703 Old 09-11-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlechloesmommie View Post
H
Piercing question: Anyone have/had peirced nipples and successfully breastfeed? I couldn't get DD to latch so we had to give up, but I'm curious about BF the next one..
each of mine were pierced three times and I breastfed! I had low supply (nothing to do with the piercings what-so-ever, after each kid my milk never came in. Once we got it to with herbs and drugs I nursed just fine) but my 4 year old recently stopped and my 2 year old is still going strong.

This is totally OT...but next time you may want to try some cranial work for the baby. Good luck!
#240 of 703 Old 09-11-2008, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Just joining in. I have two tattoos, got them both while nursing a baby under 1(different babes though). I looked into it with my 1st and found that the molecules of ink are too big to get into breast milk. The biggest risk was with infection, but I took proper care of it, mainly letting it heal without messing too much, and both tattoos healed beautifully. My tattoo artist didn't know the 1st time(didn't want him to turn me away), but the 2nd time I told him, he was cool with it. He was very professional and an excellent artist.

I have one tattoo of a henna design on my left shoulder and a stained glass image on my left thigh. Yes, both on the left side, it just seems right. Anyways I am thrilled with my tattoos, and totally addicted. The only part I don't like is the actual application, uggh!

For my next one I want a series of rainbow colored stars going from my right knee to just under my ribcage on the same side. Also I want a large giraffe safari scene on my back. And so on, and so forth. I am a bit aware of looking all "tattooed", even if it is more common, most people aren't covered in them and I don't need to stand out like that. But what I like in tattoos is different from the average. I truly think of it as artwork.

So many other gorgeous tats!!!

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.

Tags
Happiness Is A Choice For Teens , Todays Teen Student Edition

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page