Mothering Forum banner
109K views 702 replies 223 participants last post by  michelleepotter 
#1 ·
Continue on!

I don't have any new ink. Just haven't been inspired enough by any designs to add anything to my body.

See less See more
#202 ·
: Hi all! I have one tattoo on my right arm/bicep. It's a Sailor Jack Swallow tattoo and was a gift from my bro and SIL on my 19th bday. I've been wanting more forever but just haven't had the time or money to do it. DP's best friend from childhood has been apprenticing for years and offered us free ink this weekend!!!
: So, as of Saturday I have to know what I want for my next tat. I have a few ideas and would love feedback....

1) http://static.flickr.com/55/135975320_1d16526e42_m.jpg

2) Flowers that my dad drew about a month before he passed from Brain Cancer. He was an amazing artist and I want something to memorialize him and think this is a great way to do it.

3) Something in honor of my two boys. I was thinking of a fish and a peace lily as these are each respective signs of their birthdates but I don't have a design I already like and I don't want to rush it.

Anyone have recommendations for tats about your kids? TIA!!

#203 ·
Hiya everyone! I dno't know if I've posted here. But if I did I've since got my 3rd tattoo!

My first one done in 2005
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/...6b1425cb_o.jpg

My second one done July 10, 2007
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3144/...d83ed89a_o.jpg

And my most recent done June 25, 2008
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3080/...fa90d911_o.jpg

I've got 4 more planned, maybe 5. A heart with an american flag in memory of my cousin KIA 7/27/2007. A rose with my grandma Nellie's name (she died 11/8/2007) 3 dragon flies each a different colour in honour of my three girls, a small smilie face with a halo and 3 stars in honour of my three early angels lost to m/c.

My maybe is, I'm getting a portrait done of Calypso from this lady
http://www.sallyportraits.com/
If it looks anything like what she has on her site I'm going to get it tattood on myself

#204 ·
ok ladies. I inspected my tattoo up close this morning and it's not looking all that great. The color looks really faded in some parts and almost like it's not even there. Is this normal? It's been 2 weeks since I got it. I think I will have to get it touched up but honestly....I would say more then 30% is really faded

I will try to post a pic later.

#205 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
ok ladies. I inspected my tattoo up close this morning and it's not looking all that great. The color looks really faded in some parts and almost like it's not even there. Is this normal? It's been 2 weeks since I got it. I think I will have to get it touched up but honestly....I would say more then 30% is really faded

I will try to post a pic later.
Some fading IS normal. I won't be able to tell you if it's normal or not until I see a pic. What were you putting on it?

#206 ·
I put inkfixx on it for about 4 days then when the skin got hard, I switched to a lotion that was really mild. It says fragrance free but the ingredients list fragrance. I don't think it pulled the color out but who knows. The skin peeling off was really dark with color. I never really got any scabs, just peeling.

BTW - I love the tatt on your back. So sweet. I think a portrait would be really nice too.

I will try to get DH to take a pic today.

#211 ·
Ok, I see a difference in the two you posted. I guess mine has the same kind of fading. I looked at the pics I posted again and I can see in the original some of the color seems to be missing around the edges of the petals. Maybe I am just obsessing
I still think I will go back in a couple weeks and see if the artist wants to touch it up in some of those areas or if that was intentional. It seems weird to leave some colors out around the edges KWIM?

I thought about the redness fading once I was healed and that makes sense too.

BTW - is that the boy from Where the Wild Things Are? He's so cute!

#214 ·
I am going in to make an appt for my fourth tattoo this week. Now I need to find a font for the artist to draw from. Anybody know of any tools that allow you to put your own words in different fonts and see how they look?

BTW, I am going to go with the top of the foot for location.

#215 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by avengingophelia View Post
I am going in to make an appt for my fourth tattoo this week. Now I need to find a font for the artist to draw from. Anybody know of any tools that allow you to put your own words in different fonts and see how they look?

BTW, I am going to go with the top of the foot for location.
I've used Microsoft Word to play with fonts. I just type the same thing over and over, and then highlight and change the font for each one to see them all "side-by-side" as it were.

#219 ·
Quote:

This is amazing.

I realized, after I took the picture (and thus was not looking at it upside down) that there is a letter missing. It's propRiis, not propiis. So after it heals it's going to be fixed.

Gah. I cannot believe that. What a bad joke.
Eeegads, I'm so sorry!! It's a tattoo worst nigtmare!
Happy Birthday. I hope it was a good one despite the misspelling!!

#220 ·
I've decided it's time.
DH and I got tatooed together when we were dating. (during the three months that we dated before we got married
So here we are, 17 years later....(I know I can't believe it either) and we've decided to get tatoos for our anniversary present to each other.
:

I've got my image somewhat planned out. I'm researching the local artists (that part still scares the crap out of me because I want a really good artistic tat). And I'm looking at our budget.

So, I need to know how much I'm looking at for a pretty big piece. I'm hoping to have almost a 1/2 sleeve when it's finished. It will probably take two sittings. And I'll need the artist to put the drawing together for me. I have no idea how much it might cost as it's been years since my last tat. What am I looking at $300, $600, or $1200???

#222 ·
Grace, I'm sorry your tat is misspelled! If it helps at all, it seems that it is often spelled without the 'r' - I guess it's a common mistake to make. Sucks that it happened in your tattoo though!

#223 ·
The next tattoo I plan on getting is a dogwood flower on my inner left wrist. I'm also thinking about maybe having a pinecone with a dogwood flower in front of it instead. I've been wanting something to symbolize North Carolina because it is my home and I miss it so much.

I've also been wanting an arm sleeve forever and today it just dawned on me: Why not do a sleeve dedicated to NC? I could do the dogwood and pinecone, but also add all kinds of things like a venus flytrap, honey bee, cardinal, strawberries, etc.

Does this seem silly or like it's too much?

#225 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanwinds View Post
I've also been wanting an arm sleeve forever and today it just dawned on me: Why not do a sleeve dedicated to NC? I could do the dogwood and pinecone, but also add all kinds of things like a venus flytrap, honey bee, cardinal, strawberries, etc.

Does this seem silly or like it's too much?
I think it sounds like a really pretty sleeve! You hafta post pics if you get it.

#226 ·
Quote:

I'm getting you are talking a $500-$600 piece, but it really depends on your artist.

I wrote a blog post today about my tats, I thought some of you might be interested.
Thank you I'm hoping that's the range I'll end up in. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to compromise on the tat so if it's too much, it'll just have to wait.

Thanks for sharing the link to your blog. I really enjoyed reading your tattoo entry. It struck home for me and made me relive the milestones I have marked with tattoos. Most of them I'd like to have covered or removed or changed. But you really made me think about the meaning behind them and the times and phases in my life that they represent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.