Wrap skirt wearing mamas tribe - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 189 Old 06-14-2010, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow, this is an old thread! i just got $30 put into my paypal account for doing a mystery shop, and i think it might be about to dissapear…

does anyone have any tips on what length to get? i'm 5'4 and 155lb, and a pretty full d-cup.

photosmile2.gifcavale treehugger.gif*wannabe radical doula*
*plotting with sammodifiedartist.gif until we have our own little ones*
planning to TTC in May '11 (just in time for my birthday!)
#182 of 189 Old 06-28-2010, 10:54 PM

Not, really-- it's on me, but still...

I have tried tznius wrap skirts, and I like them, but these silk ones are so flowy and pretty.

So I got one on ebay for me and one for dd. Can't wait til they arrive!

To da-tamsta... 3yo w endless energy in 115 degree heat? I'd say a wading pool in the kitchen! It's nice and cool in the air; they will slosh water out which will soak all their "snack goo" off the kitchen floor-- when done, just soak up the water w old towels to mop-- win- win-win. Have fun!

blessings
#183 of 189 Old 07-14-2010, 10:36 AM

I got an plus size one, the issue is I lost weight and it is to wide now. Is there anyway I could shorten it or should I just sell it and get a new one/

Michele, wife to my soul mate, hero and solider, momma to
K-03/98, B-01/00, D-03/02, M-09/03, TL-12/04, TM-09/06, I-10/08 edd 02/02/11
#184 of 189 Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4vr View Post
Not, really-- it's on me, but still...

I have tried tznius wrap skirts, and I like them, but these silk ones are so flowy and pretty.

So I got one on ebay for me and one for dd. Can't wait til they arrive!

To da-tamsta... 3yo w endless energy in 115 degree heat? I'd say a wading pool in the kitchen! It's nice and cool in the air; they will slosh water out which will soak all their "snack goo" off the kitchen floor-- when done, just soak up the water w old towels to mop-- win- win-win. Have fun!

blessings
Oh! That is a great idea! Thanks! I'm trying it tomorrow!

Got any idea what to do with a 3 year old with endless energy when it hits 115?? Let me know.
#185 of 189 Old 07-11-2011, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Yay, I can finally join this tribe! I got a 30 inch enwrapture vintage for my birthday, even though it's not my birthday yet I'm wearing it. The long section is olive green (in some light it looks brown and in some light it looks a deep sage color) with south western looking subtle patterns and the short section is burgundy colored with batik like roses all over and a landscape in black along the apron ties.

So far I have tried on every style on the enwraptured web site but that was when my baby was napping. He woke up when I was wearing it like http://www.enwrapturevintage.citymax.com/albums/album_image/4894578/5132408.htm which was really easy to nurse in. I was just wondering what other ways to wear the dress are good for breast feeding? Oh and I don't wear nursing bras at all and usually just wear tight tank tops instead of bras so with this dress I think I might have some leakage after nursing since I won't have an extra layer. So quetion two what is the best way to wash breast milk out of silk?

I totally love this dress and can picture myself wearing it for the rest of the summer and buying a longer one if I can ever afford it. So happy I got this for my bday!

be good family...

#186 of 189 Old 07-13-2011, 07:32 PM

So if anyone is still active in this tribe please help me figure out how to wear the dress like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He3pixAr5NU&feature=related the clip is around 18 seconds like the comment says. It's soo pretty like that but I just cant figure it out. Thanks

be good family...

#187 of 189 Old 07-15-2011, 12:08 AM

Well that's a gorgeous one, good luck! I think it will look different with two different layers, as most of them are - looks like the skirt pictured in that wrap at 18sec. has two similar layers, which both have extrawide stripes of the same three fabrics.

#188 of 189 Old 07-15-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifugous View Post

Well that's a gorgeous one, good luck! I think it will look different with two different layers, as most of them are - looks like the skirt pictured in that wrap at 18sec. has two similar layers, which both have extrawide stripes of the same three fabrics.

Oh, that's not the dress I have, it sure is a pretty color combo though. I am just wondering how to wear the one I have in that style. I have tried a few different ideas I have to make it look like that but it ends up being very saggy in the back. I'm just hoping there is a tutorial for it, if not maybe I need to figure it out and make one:)

be good family...

#189 of 189 Old 11-07-2011, 07:23 PM

So excited!  I just got my first wrap skirt!  I got it for an early Christmas present this year.  It's not Enwrapture, it's Urban Nomad.  I found it at the mall while shopping with hubby and just fell in love.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to make it myself so I can have lots and lots of them, because I can't afford to keep buying these, lol! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page