NFL football lovin' mamas! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 250 Old 09-07-2008, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heh, just found you all!!! Have been a dedicated BRONCOS fan for oh gosh, a loooonng time now, although I did not grow up watching football. Luckily I had a girlfriend who explained a lot of the game to me...she was (still is) a Pats fan, which means I have chosen TWO die-hard Pats fans in my life! Since my husband is also a Patriots fan, since childhood. It's kind of annoying!

Let's see-- sad to say, but as much as I love the Broncos I also have to hate some teams... I hate the Raiders (have to!) and I hate the Dolphins! I live in Vikings territory, but I don't have very strong feelings about them one way or another or about the Packers. Lived in Indiana for a couple of years, but I don't much like Peyton Manning (ducking massively since a lot of you all are Colts fans!!!!), always thought he was a bit of a pretty boy (I like my QBs to be very gritty!). Granted, he is a good QB, so it's a rather irrational dislike.

So far, we have not bought The Wee (our baby, due at the end of Sept/beg of Oct) any football onesies, but come to think of it, I should get on top of that and get a Broncos one, before my husband gets him/her a Pats one!!!!! LOL.

Daniela ~ Mami to Thalia Adelita (born 10/05/08)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 250 Old 09-07-2008, 02:08 AM

Hehe-Daniela, send me your addy so I can ship a Pats onesie over to you for The Wee! HEHE!

Crystal-Yes, yum! And I understand preggo craivngs for sure, just had my little man last month(whoa-is he already almost a month??) and I craved all kinds of stuff-like pickled hot sausages! YUMMMMMM

And now I am still having cravings, must be the breastfeeding-but I could eat steak and dairy queen's banana split every dang day! LOL

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#63 of 250 Old 09-07-2008, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea
You all are going to rile me up though..I am a DIE HARD PATS FAN! Like, well before we ever started being one of the best teams in the league(I would say we are THE best, but we beat ourselves sometimes..), so no fair weather fan here. GO PATS come thick or thin..
Oh Lord up in Heaven. I loathe the Pats with an undying passion that burns deep in the depths of my soul. I don't even know who I hate more though, Belicheat or Cheap-ass Rodney Harrison... choices, choices.

Quote:
I have Adrian Peterson, so the Vikings get a piece of my heart this year as well..
Nice pick, hopefully he stays healthy.

Quote:
My teams of loathing are, in no particular order, the Colts-for obvious reasons
Yeah, I'm sure my dislike for the Pats comes from my crazy love for my Colts. Comes with the territory, right?

Quote:
Anyone want to exchange tailgate or general football watching recipes?
Would LOVE to! DH make AWESOME chili (simmers for hours and hours), I'll hae to ask him the recipe. Football days are some of the only times we fore-go our super healthy diet and BINGE. All week, DH and I have been brainstorming and prepping for dinner tomorrow, giddy with anticipation. Probably chili (w/ bread bowls), veggies, chips and dips, finished with a cheesecake... probably BLUEberry. wink Ribs sound good too...

ETA: Mamatolea - you do have good tastes in names (we have an Ethan too).

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
#64 of 250 Old 09-07-2008, 02:39 AM

Hi everyone! Cool group here! I'm a Seahawks fan myself!
#65 of 250 Old 09-07-2008, 10:51 AM

Rodney? Why Rodney? He did the HgH thing, but why is he a cheap-ass? Just curious..he isn't a name people usually say when they are talking about hating us(and I hear it ALL the time..lol)..I would have thought you were a Chargers disgruntled fan..lol

And Adrian BETTER stay healthy..I am gonna bring that sucka chicken soup if I have too! LOL

And thanks on the name I love it and it fits him so well!

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#66 of 250 Old 09-07-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniturtle View Post
Heh, just found you all!!! Have been a dedicated BRONCOS fan for oh gosh, a loooonng time now, although I did not grow up watching football. Luckily I had a girlfriend who explained a lot of the game to me...she was (still is) a Pats fan, which means I have chosen TWO die-hard Pats fans in my life! Since my husband is also a Patriots fan, since childhood. It's kind of annoying!

Let's see-- sad to say, but as much as I love the Broncos I also have to hate some teams... I hate the Raiders (have to!) and I hate the Dolphins! I live in Vikings territory, but I don't have very strong feelings about them one way or another or about the Packers. Lived in Indiana for a couple of years, but I don't much like Peyton Manning (ducking massively since a lot of you all are Colts fans!!!!), always thought he was a bit of a pretty boy (I like my QBs to be very gritty!). Granted, he is a good QB, so it's a rather irrational dislike.

So far, we have not bought The Wee (our baby, due at the end of Sept/beg of Oct) any football onesies, but come to think of it, I should get on top of that and get a Broncos one, before my husband gets him/her a Pats one!!!!! LOL.
YEAH BRONCOS!!!:

I was on bedrest with the twins for 8 months- giving me plenty of time to lay on the couch and watch football!! These days I can barely sit down to watch a play! We had fun today throwing a toy football and yelling touchdown though!!! I'm working on them to be my football buddies!
#67 of 250 Old 09-07-2008, 10:09 PM

Hey Everyone! Love Football!
STEELERS ROCK!

"Love Is Something Eternal, The Aspect My Change, But Not The Essence"
#68 of 250 Old 09-07-2008, 10:20 PM

Subbing!

Okay, we are Bronco Fans first. Then Rams and Chiefs.

I am so happy its football season again!

Oh, any college fans here? We are K-State fans.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#69 of 250 Old 09-07-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
Oh, any college fans here? We are K-State fans.
Yea baby! Check out the siggie!

Well, my boys lost. Dh was trying to console me by saying that it wasn't too bad that they only lost by a touchdown to the Pats. Didn't work though. Too bad because normally I'd like to see the Pats win. Ah well - there's always next week. I didn't even get to watch football today because of my son's birthday party! Darn kid! Just kidding. At least I get to watch the Broncos kicks some Raider butt tomorrow!
#70 of 250 Old 09-08-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoMama View Post
At least I get to watch the Broncos kicks some Raider butt tomorrow!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!

I'm not entirely clear on why there are TWO games tomorrow night, but I'm just happy I get to watch the Broncos. Sometimes it's tough living in an NFC city (I live in the St Paul, MN).

Daniela ~ Mami to Thalia Adelita (born 10/05/08)
#71 of 250 Old 09-08-2008, 03:15 AM

Bears won! Oh my gosh, I am so happy right now!

obstruct livery vehicles

#72 of 250 Old 09-09-2008, 12:47 AM

It's paining me to watch Darren McFadden play for the Raiders!!!!! He just looks wrong in that black jersey.
#73 of 250 Old 09-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Banned

STEELERS FAN here.

I was so upset that we couldn't get the televised game down here in Texas yesterday! At least we got the radio broadcast via the internet!

Go STEELERS
#74 of 250 Old 09-09-2008, 01:58 AM

haven't read the whole thread but am definately psyched about the return of football! we root for the falcons and had an aawesome sunday :thum
#75 of 250 Old 09-09-2008, 02:42 AM

:SOB: :SOB: :SOB:

I am crying here like no one can understand. Our knight in shining armor is out...for the ENTIRE SEASON!!

Here's hoping we pick someone good up, because while Cassel brought us through this game, he is no Tom Brady...sigh...

Oh well, one year, right??? :sob:

#76 of 250 Old 09-09-2008, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea View Post
I am crying here like no one can understand. Our knight in shining armor is out...for the ENTIRE SEASON!!
I hear ya... but crying for another reason. Not a fan of the Pats... but Brady was my number 2 pick in fantasy. I can pretty much kiss my dream fantasy season goodbye.

The AFC should be interesting this season at least. Without Brady the Pats will have to FIGHT to get to the AFC Championship. They have a lot of good players but he's the glue that holds them together. I would be really surprised if another QB could get it done the way he does.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#77 of 250 Old 09-09-2008, 06:42 AM

What a sucky first Sunday.. ugh. Although, it was AMAZING to see Carolina stun the Chargers. Loved it, awesome. Screaming and jumping ensued after I called them all idiots for burning 12 seconds cause they didn't take a time out even though it was idiotic and they got totally lucky with that quick 2nd to last play.

Then Indy has to play (if you can even call it that) and ruin my day. What an embarrassment. They looked like they did in last year's playoffs. If they play like that, they deserve to lose. everyone was so out of it. Sanders was a step-off, Wayne saw no action, Addai and Clark got banged up, Peyton looked rusty at best *le sgh*

Anyhoo, a few thoughts:

Pac-man Jones is back and dirty as ever :

Fred Gore's looking svelte and fast!

Pittsburgh and Philly owned their games and made the competition look silly. I didn't see the game, but did Philly play the St. Louis High School JV team???

So much for the Jags being so great, they lost to Tennessee. Can't win the SB if you don't make the playoffs and you can't make the playoffs being third in your division...

Poor Pennington. First game, old team, replaced by a legend, loss. Ouch.

Turner, yowsa! He put on a clinic. I was in awe.

T.O. already with a penalty for UC, love it. What an ass.

Ocho Cinco... why is it that I love him so? Of course, he's turning into a whiner (think Randy Moss, blech).

Steven Jackson got JACKED UP but took it like a champ.

Anyone else notice how brutal the games were? All players had a chip on their shoulders. Yikes.

What else... that's 'bout it (for now).

Gone but not fogotten.
#78 of 250 Old 09-09-2008, 03:17 PM

I was waiting for a huge fight to break out most of the games. I can't remember what game it was, but it took two refs to pull the teams apart and a few minutes to calm everyone down.

obstruct livery vehicles

#79 of 250 Old 09-09-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea View Post
:SOB: :SOB: :SOB:

Here's hoping we pick someone good up, because while Cassel brought us through this game, he is no Tom Brady...sigh...

Oh well, one year, right??? :sob:
That was pretty surprising. Usually when a player walks off the field, they're not that badly hurt.

I have to say that it was a bit fun for me to watch the Raiders self destruct last night although I was surprised to see them play THAT badly.
#80 of 250 Old 09-10-2008, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoMama View Post
I have to say that it was a bit fun for me to watch the Raiders self destruct last night although I was surprised to see them play THAT badly.
The Raiders didn't self-destruct, they played like the Raiders. They are quite the miserable team and, until the can build a team around solid players, they're going to stay that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea
Rodney? Why Rodney? He did the HgH thing, but why is he a cheap-ass? Just curious..he isn't a name people usually say when they are talking about hating us(and I hear it ALL the time..lol).
Seriously?

- Harrison was voted the "dirtiest player" in the NFL by his peers according to a 2004 poll conducted by Sports Illustrated.

- In 2006, Harrison once again topped the "dirtiest player" voting by 361 other NFL players.

- In 2008, NFL coaches awarded the title to Harrison in an anonymous 2008 poll conducted by ESPN.

Look at this little nugget I found, a quote from Harrison after the coach's vote:

“They’re ignorant,” Harrison told the Boston Herald, via Tim Graham of ESPN.com. “They don’t know me. If you take the time to get to know Rodney Harrison the person, you would know that’s not my makeup, that’s not my personality. I play hard. It’s unfortunate that you have stigma like that, but what can you say? They crucified Jesus Christ, too. So — and I’m not comparing myself to him — but people are going to say things. They’re going to slander you. You just have to take it and try to be the best person you can be, respectful. I think I’ve done that. Even out on the field, I’m not trying to hurt anyone. I’m just playing hard. Trust me. They probably want me on their team.”

Did he really just say that?

- Harrison has also been fined and suspended multiple times, and as of 2002, had racked up over $200,000 in fines by the NFL, $300, 000 by 2004. I couldn't find an up-to-date amount.

- Is one of the NFL's all-time leader in personal foul penalties (if not the leader).

Maybe we can chalk it all up to roid rage...

Forgot to mention how much I loathe Randy Moss too but that's another post.

And, no, not a Chargers fan. I hate SD.

Gone but not fogotten.
#81 of 250 Old 09-10-2008, 02:15 AM

See now, you learn something every day! Who knew we had such a bad boy? I guess I try to ignore the trash talk since we get so much of it

In other news, I won my fantasy this week-phew! How'd everyone else do?

#82 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 12:26 AM

As terrible as the Hawks (and the entire NFC West) were last week, I'm looking forward to the first home game tomorrow (we have season tickets). I wear a Trufant jersey and the weather's supposed to be gorgeous. Nothing like sitting in our seats in the sunshine looking out on Elliot Bay. (Of course, it's more fun when they win, but DH and I will enjoy our day together either way--kiddos will have a blast at SIL's)
#83 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 01:23 AM

GO STEELERS!:

"Love Is Something Eternal, The Aspect My Change, But Not The Essence"
#84 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkissedmumma67 View Post
GO STEELERS!:
I just found this thread, but HELLO! HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO! DH and I will be watching tomorrow and waving our Terrible Towels!
#85 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 01:37 AM

oh yay!!! I love football -- go 49ers and KC -- you guessed it -- a Joe Montana fan -- almost named one of my daughters Montana, but her dad is a Cowboys (booooo!) fan... lol

I keep waiting for my 49ers to get back on track and judging by last week, it doesn't look like it's going to be this year

yay football!!!
#86 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
I agree, he has good hair, but I always wonder- doesn't his neck get HOT when he wears it all down? Plus, I always worry that someone "accidentally" is going to get a handful when he's playing!
Yeahhhh... did you see this tackle? I love Polomalu, though. He's so... soft-spoken and loves his dogs. Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebleme View Post
Hip hip hooray! I have found my people.

I was raised a die-hard Steelers fan and have never lost my love for the black and gold. Now I am indoctrinating my daughters to do the same...much to my Giants-loving husband's chagrin. Oh well, sweetie - they spend more time in my presence than yours and they will love my boys as much as me. So there! I even taught my older DD (when she was learning to speak) to say "Go Steelers!" I think my dad cried when he heard her! Now whenever she sees football on TV, she cheers for our boys. Warms my heart. :
I have already located all the newborn Steelers gear on the merchandise website and put my name on the waiting list for season tickets so that when we do manage to have children, we can drag them to the games. They put something in the water in Pittsburgh that makes you like the Steelers, but we're stuck here in Michigan so I'm going to have to use some other means of indoctrination.

We don't get most of the games here (instead they think we want to watch the Browns, God forbid) so we go to a bar in Ann Arbor that has a Steeler Nation branch - all these displaced Pittsburghers screaming at big-screen TVs. It's pretty awesome. If you can't get the games you should search for a Steeler Nation branch near you, because it's so much fun. Kinda makes me wish I were eating a hamburger at Tessaro's though.

GO STEELERS!
#87 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 07:34 AM

it's rough not having most of the steelers games broadcast out here (darn west coast!), but we just found a local sports bar owned by a guy who used to live in canonsburg, pa and is a die hard fan : we're hoping we can recruit some friends to join us for games, because it would be nice if we weren't the only ones wearing ward and parker jerseys while screaming and twirling our terrible towels... now if only we could get some pittsburgh beers out here. i'm also planning to try to convince the bar owner to put pierogies, kielbasa, and haluski on the menu for game days :

binkin, funny you should mention the steelers baby gear... i recently learned how to knit wool soakers and of course had to make the 1st one out of black & gold yarn!

portland is great, but football season sure reminds me where my heart is
#88 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 12:01 PM

pittnurse08, I totally agree. Pittsburgh will always be home for me. I really hope we can move back someday, agh. Football season makes my heart hurt.

Also I am rofl at the pierogies, kielbasa, and haluski. Most people here (DH included, until I told him) have never eaten a pierogie or heard of haluski at all. Seriously, guys, we're not THAT far from Chicago. Yeesh.

Hm, I should try to make this about football again yeah? My tradition before we moved was to hop a bus down to the Strip and get a fish sandwich at Wholey's on game days. This helped the Steelers to win the Superbowl.

Miss Pittsburgh? Listen to Pants N'at!
#89 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontstreetmama View Post
oh yay!!! I love football -- go 49ers and KC -- you guessed it -- a Joe Montana fan -- almost named one of my daughters Montana, but her dad is a Cowboys (booooo!) fan... lol
I think Montana would be an AWESOME name for a girl! Your DH doesn't know what he's missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
Yeahhhh... did you see this tackle? I love Polomalu, though. He's so... soft-spoken and loves his dogs. Hehe.

We don't get most of the games here (instead they think we want to watch the Browns, God forbid) so we go to a bar in Ann Arbor that has a Steeler Nation branch - all these displaced Pittsburghers screaming at big-screen TVs. It's pretty awesome.
I do remember that tackle! I do like how soft spoken he is too. I should find out is SD has a Viking bar! I know they have a Bears bar, so I could go down there for two games when the Vikes play the Bears, but other than that I'm SOL. Something to Google later...

#90 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

So both my teams need to redeem themselves this week! Chargers @Denver, and Vikes play at home vs the Colts.

I don't get to watch the Viking game : (I have to watch the Raiders and Chiefs), so I'll have to check often the play by plays online.

GO BOLTS AND VIKES!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page