NFL football lovin' mamas! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDS View Post
The Raiders didn't self-destruct, they played like the Raiders. They are quite the miserable team and, until the can build a team around solid players, they're going to stay that way.

[/COLOR][/B]
As DH says (who has been a suffering Radiers fan for years) Nothing will change until Al Davis finally dies...he won't give anyone the control to build a good team!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy View Post
As DH says (who has been a suffering Radiers fan for years) Nothing will change until Al Davis finally dies...he won't give anyone the control to build a good team!
I have to agree with your DH! It's hard to build up a great team with someone as controlling as he is and all the coach turnover as a result.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#93 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 04:40 PM

I'm also a Chiefs fan. What is happening today? Ugh.

Also a fan of ds's. :

My dad is a Vikings fan and my stepdad is a Vikings fan.
#94 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 05:25 PM

Argh, Bears what were you doing the second half? Why did you suck so much and lose? Why do you do this to me? I even had my lucky 2006 conference champs jersey on

obstruct livery vehicles

#95 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 05:27 PM

GRRRR What the heck happened with the Chiefs?!

Okay, next game, Broncos are on!

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#96 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Vikings, come on! Blowing a 15-0 lead... arg!

It's halftime for the Chargers game... hopefully they'll get it together the 2nd half!

#97 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 07:25 PM

Well, at least the Pats are winning..hehe

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#98 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 07:34 PM

Whatching the 49ers and Seahawks right now ds is a 49er fan!
Later, the STEELERS vs BROWNS, long time rivals, o yeh STEELER'S are going to be kicking some booty tonight!

"Love Is Something Eternal, The Aspect My Change, But Not The Essence"
#99 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 08:47 PM

Way to go Broncos!

:::

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#100 of 250 Old 09-14-2008, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

That's at the refs in Denver. The Chargers should have won that game, if it wasn't for the ref that screwed them with the incomplete pass call. For that matter, both that call and the call they got wrong in the 1st quarter. It just sucks.

#101 of 250 Old 09-15-2008, 04:13 PM

Oh yeh, STEELERS! It wasn't pretty, but it was still a WIN!:

"Love Is Something Eternal, The Aspect My Change, But Not The Essence"
#102 of 250 Old 09-15-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkissedmumma67 View Post
Oh yeh, STEELERS! It wasn't pretty, but it was still a WIN!:
That game was so freakin' BORING. I would've liked to have seen ONE play without a flag on it, seriously. It reminded me of the MNF game last year vs. the Dolphins (which was on the night my mom died, when I really could've used some interesting football to distract me). Bleh. And I won't be able to watch next week's game, either.
#103 of 250 Old 09-15-2008, 08:33 PM

Die hard Niner fan here! My dad was a Niner fan back when they were good and he would turn over in his grave to think that I was going for anyone other than them during the normal season.

My Mom named my brother Montana after Joe Montana... yea weere a crazy little bunch.

Wife of a Coastie, Mom to Rylin, Alden, Carden and Thumper coming Octoberstork-suprise.gifbfinfant.gifdp_femalesling.GIFsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifhomebirth.jpgribbonpink.gifHelping my mom fight breast cancer.

#104 of 250 Old 09-15-2008, 09:37 PM

Monday night football. Go Eagles!!!
#105 of 250 Old 09-15-2008, 10:57 PM

every team i rooted for yesterday lost

and now the cowboys are losing too maybe the next 2 quarteers will go better )
#106 of 250 Old 09-15-2008, 11:03 PM

Seahawks fan here-although this year I have no idea why.

I can't believe how bad they are sucking. The saddest part is I still look forward to watching them every Sunday. Oh well, I guess someone has to have the worst record.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#107 of 250 Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellyaellen View Post
every team i rooted for yesterday lost
That's the way the first two weeks went for me, too...

Here's to week 3 and some wins! :

#108 of 250 Old 09-16-2008, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy
Yep. I totally agree with your DH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmomma
Oh well, I guess someone has to have the worst record.
Don't think of it as a horrible season, think of it as a great draft pick. HE HE, sorry, I hate the Hawks.

And, kirsten, good thing you missed that game, it was brutal. I called DH after the field goal and DH and I laughed about how we didn't even deserve to win (I'll take it). I swear, the first half's score did NOT reflect the play of the game. The Vikes shoulda been killing them in points. Adrian Peterson is a beast and their D is amazng.

I also LOVED seeing the Chargers lose, so sweet.

Carolina's looking good, coming from behind in the first 2 weeks.

Shanahan is a maniac, he is lucky that 2pt. con. didn't backfire.

Philly/Dallas, was rooting for the Eagles. Oh well. Anyone else getting tired of hearing about Romo and the flat tire? What a great guy, though.

So, week 1, Pats barely beat the Chiefs. Week 2, the Chiefs get killed by the Raiders... WTF? Any given Sunday, I suppose.

Go Giants!

Anyone else cover their eyes when the Bengals have the ball. Yikes.

Oh, and Cleveland is disappointing me, too much potential and talent going to waste.

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
#109 of 250 Old 09-16-2008, 12:11 PM

Don't think of it as a horrible season, think of it as a great draft pick.

LOL, that's a good way to look at it. Kinda a glass is half full sort of thing. Well they are plagued with injuries and it is looking like they are going back to the days of sucking after being good for awhile, at least it got me back into the love of the game.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#110 of 250 Old 09-16-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:

Shanahan is a maniac, he is lucky that 2pt. con. didn't backfire.

Well, I adore Shanahan so I *may* be just a wee bit biased...but here's why I thought he made that call - he knew they shouldn't have gotten to that point, knew they were on borrowed time- that is, the game should have been over, with the Broncos losing, when Cutler fumbled the ball a couple of plays before (where it was called an incomplete pass, even after review-- I couldn't BELIEVE that, really it was a bad call)- and so Shanahan just thought, what the h*ll, let's do it now or lose like we should have. Cutler seemed willing and ready to go for it too. [I was relieved since overtime is just torture for me. And I'd already sworn at the TV in a very loud voice too much that day. I'm going to have to do some language modification once The Wee arrives!!!!]

Course, Shanahan could just be crazy maverick too!!! Either way, I love him. Feeling good about the Broncos (despite Cutlers apparently very slipp-y hands, WTF?), and excited about the rookie Royal- he looks great!

Daniela ~ Mami to Thalia Adelita (born 10/05/08)
#111 of 250 Old 09-16-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylins mama View Post
Die hard Niner fan here! My dad was a Niner fan back when they were good and he would turn over in his grave to think that I was going for anyone other than them during the normal season.

My Mom named my brother Montana after Joe Montana... yea weere a crazy little bunch.

LOL! That's great.

I'd be tempted to name The Wee after John Elway, only John is much too common (not to mention not necessarily associated with John Elway per se) and I don't like Elway as a name, really. And there's the whole idea that my husband might object...

Daniela ~ Mami to Thalia Adelita (born 10/05/08)
#112 of 250 Old 09-16-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
So, week 1, Pats barely beat the Chiefs. Week 2, the Chiefs get killed by the Raiders... WTF? Any given Sunday, I suppose.
[/COLOR][/B]
Or perhaps it was the fact that week 1 the whole team was only thinking about what was happening with Tom...

We would have killed the Chiefs if he hadn't gotten hurt too..or if the injury had happened say in practice or something and we were ready for Cassel to have been playing. We are just a pretty tight knit team and it shook us all up.

Speaks load that we rallied and still won though.

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

#113 of 250 Old 09-17-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniturtle View Post
Well, I adore Shanahan so I *may* be just a wee bit biased...but here's why I thought he made that call - he knew they shouldn't have gotten to that point, knew they were on borrowed time- that is, the game should have been over, with the Broncos losing, when Cutler fumbled the ball a couple of plays before (where it was called an incomplete pass, even after review-- I couldn't BELIEVE that, really it was a bad call)- and so Shanahan just thought, what the h*ll, let's do it now or lose like we should have. Cutler seemed willing and ready to go for it too. [I was relieved since overtime is just torture for me. And I'd already sworn at the TV in a very loud voice too much that day. I'm going to have to do some language modification once The Wee arrives!!!!]
I disagree. I think he thought they could make it - so they should go for it. Shanahan knows bad calls are a part of the game - sometimes they're on the winning side of a bad call - sometimes they're on the losing side. Broncos got lucky. Either way, it was an exciting game, eh? I thought I jinxed them for a minute there. I had to take my son to the children's museum for a birthday party that day. The children's museum is right across the street from the stadium. There were all these freaking annoying tailgaters there - I won't go into it, but they were being super annoying!!!! I came home and said, "I hope they lose!"
#114 of 250 Old 09-17-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea View Post
Or perhaps it was the fact that week 1 the whole team was only thinking about what was happening with Tom...

We would have killed the Chiefs if he hadn't gotten hurt too..or if the injury had happened say in practice or something and we were ready for Cassel to have been playing. We are just a pretty tight knit team and it shook us all up.
Nah, the Pats are an old team, collectively probably the oldest players in the league. They don't get rattled easily, especially with Hoodie breathing down their backs. I'm sure it was just playing with a new QB, kinda shakes things up a bit. The O-line doesn't anticipate his movements like they would Brady's so it's harder to block, the center wouldn't be used to Cassells' hand placements, the receivers aren't as tuned-in as they would be with Brady, the RBs hand-offs might be shaky, etc. I'm sure they'll get used to Matt. They're the Pats, who's gonna count them out?

daniturtle - I like Shanahan too! Of course, his icing the kicker last season was a bit shady, but you play to win, right?

Gone but not fogotten.
#115 of 250 Old 09-17-2008, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniturtle View Post
That's kind of what I thought too. I do think he was confident that Cutler could make it though.

RE: the swearing... I really, REALLY don't swear much around DS. Like, at all. Especially since he is at the age where I am afraid one of his first words will be a four letter word. But man, last Sunday? I am not proud of some of the words coming out of my mouth with DS right next to me! Now that I think about it... I hope there weren't any little kids outside playing- I was pretty loud towards the end there.

#116 of 250 Old 09-17-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
RE: the swearing... I really, REALLY don't swear much around DS. Like, at all. Especially since he is at the age where I am afraid one of his first words will be a four letter word. But man, last Sunday? I am not proud of some of the words coming out of my mouth with DS right next to me! Now that I think about it... I hope there weren't any little kids outside playing- I was pretty loud towards the end there.
Yep...after trying to be SO good and watch what I say while watching games DD1 thinks that it is hilarious to watch mama watch football...I stomp around and bite my tongue alot, incomplete sentences galore...she does a great impression
#117 of 250 Old 09-21-2008, 02:57 AM

I love football SOOOOOO much, I'm going to the Seahawks game tomorrow. Sounds good, right? BUT...

I hate the Seahawks.

They're playing the Rams, meh.

BUT...

Just to be around my beloved NFL in any shape, size or form makes me :

Qwest Field is amazing too and I do like Bulger and Holt.

I'll post pics if you all want.

Gone but not fogotten.
#118 of 250 Old 09-21-2008, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Just to be around my beloved NFL in any shape, size or form makes me :

I'll post pics if you all want.
I love going to games too, it doesn't matter who's playing for the most part! With a few exceptions, of course...

It'll be fun to see pics!

#119 of 250 Old 09-21-2008, 05:32 PM

Bears why do you do this to me???? WHY????

obstruct livery vehicles

#120 of 250 Old 09-21-2008, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

OMG!!!!

Anyone else excited that the Pats got killed at home?!?!?

And the Vikes won too!

Though I am not sure what I am more excited about at this point!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page