NFL football lovin' mamas! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 250 Old 11-04-2008, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy View Post
STILL can't believe that Rexie is a NFL QB much less that he is doing the Bears well. He was so NOT my fave QB as a Gator...too inconsistent. Hopefully he will do well next week too!
I cant believe the Bears have held on to him as long as they have! Or that he even made it into the NFL. Did he always have that cocky, self-centered attitude (with that goofy smirk) when he was a Gator?

dd 8, ds 6, ds 4,: (12/08), ds 1, me and dh:yawning Simplifying my life one day at a time! 925/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 250 Old 11-10-2008, 12:11 AM

Eeeeeeeeked out another win. My heart cannot take much more of this. Thankfully, the second half of our schedule is fairly easy.

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.
#183 of 250 Old 11-10-2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrawkmama27 View Post
I cant believe the Bears have held on to him as long as they have! Or that he even made it into the NFL. Did he always have that cocky, self-centered attitude (with that goofy smirk) when he was a Gator?
oh girl, he was just as bad if not worse....I was happy to see him go!!! couldn't believe someone in the NFL picked him up, much less that he is still playing
#184 of 250 Old 11-10-2008, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

:

Thank goodness both the Vikes and the Chargers won! Both won by one point, too. Close games to the very end. I was excited because they actually aired the Vikings game out here so I could watch it! I miss seeing my Purple People Eaters play.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09
#185 of 250 Old 11-10-2008, 11:46 AM

very sad today. The Bears should have won yesterday. Anyone else get really down when their team loses? I know I shouldnt be too upset, the Bears played the best team in the NFL, and they actually looked pretty good the 1st half. I guess it could be worse, they could be 0-9. Oh and the Vikings, Greenbay game what a great game. (We flipped back and forth during commericials) We play Greenbay next week. Hopefully Orton is back by then. The Pats won yesterday, but we didnt get to see that game.

dd 8, ds 6, ds 4,: (12/08), ds 1, me and dh:yawning Simplifying my life one day at a time! 925/2010
#186 of 250 Old 11-10-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
very sad today. The Bears should have won yesterday. Anyone else get really down when their team loses? I know I shouldnt be too upset, the Bears played the best team in the NFL, and they actually looked pretty good the 1st half. I guess it could be worse, they could be 0-9. Oh and the Vikings, Greenbay game what a great game. (We flipped back and forth during commericials) We play Greenbay next week. Hopefully Orton is back by then. The Pats won yesterday, but we didnt get to see that game.
I get really upset too. I moped around for an hour after the game and talked to the baby about how much Grossman sucks. He's just to inconsistent and if he screws up once he freaks himself out and then he's Bad Rex for the rest of the game.

obstruct livery vehicles

#187 of 250 Old 11-10-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_R View Post
I get really upset too. I moped around for an hour after the game and talked to the baby about how much Grossman sucks. He's just to inconsistent and if he screws up once he freaks himself out and then he's Bad Rex for the rest of the game.
yep. Rexie has sucked since his college days..take it from me...he totally can't get it together once he has a bad play...I mean, you are suppose to be a professional man, GET IT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!
#188 of 250 Old 11-11-2008, 01:32 PM

Hey, NFL lovin' Mamas! I'm a football nut by marriage. This is my husband's website: www.mypassionisfootball.com, and he also hosts a radio show M-F from 9-11am CST called My Passion is Football. He talks a little about UFC and other mixed martial arts, but for the most part, it is 2 hrs of football, 5 days a week. We go to local high school football games (even though we don't have kids in hs yet), and we watch college games on Saturdays and then it's NFL all day Sunday.
#189 of 250 Old 11-12-2008, 11:43 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!
#190 of 250 Old 11-12-2008, 11:47 AM

:i'm so glad there are other moms who love the NFL :::
i was born and raised in Canada but i could never get into hockey and the CFL isn't entertaining to me...
I am a dolphins fan from the days from the Dan Marino days. I've just stuck with them since then, through thick and thin.

NFL is why and how i met my husband. We love college football too.

glad to connect with y'all

::
#191 of 250 Old 11-12-2008, 12:51 PM

Okay, well I blamed Rexy for the Bears loss of Sunday, but left out the defense. They looked terrible the second half, and I just heard that they have the 3rd worst pass-defense in the NFL. The titans got 250 passing yards on them, and on Sunday they are playing Greenbay, and they are a passing team. We need to beat Greenbay.

#192 of 250 Old 11-14-2008, 10:57 AM

Did anyone watch the NE, Jets game last night? We dont have NFL network and it looks like we missed a great game. Dh had to work anyway and I had to keep looking up the score for him. Matt Cassle got 42 points in fantasy football. Wish we could have seen it.

#193 of 250 Old 11-14-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Did anyone watch the NE, Jets game last night? We dont have NFL network and it looks like we missed a great game. Dh had to work anyway and I had to keep looking up the score for him. Matt Cassle got 42 points in fantasy football. Wish we could have seen it.
We had the NFL network last year but just recently got rid of all our extra packages because because we never watched them enough to make them worth our money. I wish I could have seen this game though! I can't believe the Jets are in first place of the AFC East- it's been a long time since any team other than the Pats were in that position!

#194 of 250 Old 11-17-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
We had the NFL network last year but just recently got rid of all our extra packages because because we never watched them enough to make them worth our money. I wish I could have seen this game though! I can't believe the Jets are in first place of the AFC East- it's been a long time since any team other than the Pats were in that position!
We had the NFL package from Direct Tv last year, we got every game. On Sundays there were 3 different games on at a time on 3 different tvs, but it was too much $$$ we cut back, and sadly that had to go. The Bears have a Thursday night game, and I am hoping it will be on regular TV. Since I have been married to dh, the Pats have been in 1st. They are my AFC team, but I am so tired of him rubbing it in that the Pats are better than the Bears.

As for yesterdays games...the NFC north must be the worst division in the NFL. The Bears lose to Greenbay, 37-3, which puts them at 5-5, and ties them with Greenbay, while the Vikings lose to Tampa and that puts them at 5-5 too. So we have 3 teams at .500 tied for 1st and the other team in last is at 0-10! I was so disappointed yesterday. The offense and defense (with the exception of the interception from Urlacher) were an embarrassment! Next week we play the 2-8 Rams, I am not going to get my hopes up.

#195 of 250 Old 11-17-2008, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
As for yesterdays games...the NFC north must be the worst division in the NFL. The Bears lose to Greenbay, 37-3, which puts them at 5-5, and ties them with Greenbay, while the Vikings lose to Tampa and that puts them at 5-5 too. So we have 3 teams at .500 tied for 1st and the other team in last is at 0-10! I was so disappointed yesterday. The offense and defense (with the exception of the interception from Urlacher) were an embarrassment! Next week we play the 2-8 Rams, I am not going to get my hopes up.
I agree, the NFC North is not what it used to be! Detroit was never that great (IIRC- it was a long time ago!), but I remember when GB and MIN used to battle it out for 1st place- seems like a long time ago now.

As for the Chargers, : is all I can say. I mean, really. The Steelers didn't even score a TD! And Denver won so they have a two game lead over us in the division (and they have the tie breaker too). If we don't win the division I doubt we will get a wild card spot, unless something drastically changes!

#196 of 250 Old 11-17-2008, 02:56 PM

That Steelers game was killing me yesterday. Ben passed for well over 200 yards and we still didn't get a touch down. Not being able to rush the ball in for a touchdown is rather unusual for the Steelers. I'm just glad we won in the end.

Marie-Mom to two boys and a girl.
#197 of 250 Old 11-17-2008, 07:14 PM

3 in a row. FINALLY got some momentum. We should be able to sweep the rest of our games too!

Gone but not fogotten.
#198 of 250 Old 11-18-2008, 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=kirstenb;12627419]I agree, the NFC North is not what it used to be! Detroit was never that great (IIRC- it was a long time ago!), but I remember when GB and MIN used to battle it out for 1st place- seems like a long time ago now. QUOTE]

Oh I remember those days, I was really young, but I remember it being really good football. Hard hitting, defenses. Greenbay and the Vikings were both tough teams to beat, if the Bears did beat one of them, it was a big deal! Wasnt the division called the division nicknamed the black and blue division? Not like that anymore.

#199 of 250 Old 11-24-2008, 01:59 AM

"IT'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!"

Oh man, what a game, was biting my nails the last few minutes and jumping around like a crazy person. Whew.

4 in a row now and counting!

(sorry Kirsten )

Gone but not fogotten.
#200 of 250 Old 11-24-2008, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Sigh. BIG sigh. I thought we had it until that penalty towards the end of the 4th quarter. Our season is pretty much done (although Denver lost so I guess a miracle could happen?).

At least the Vikes won! : We are tied with Chicago for 1st and they come to Minnesota next week- should be a good Sunday night game (that I can actually watch!!!). Here's hoping for a GB loss tomorrow...

#201 of 250 Old 11-24-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
At least the Vikes won! : We are tied with Chicago for 1st and they come to Minnesota next week- should be a good Sunday night game (that I can actually watch!!!). Here's hoping for a GB loss tomorrow...

Right on! Hopefully the Packers lose! Ready for next week up in Minnesota.

Da Bears won yesterday and their defense looked pretty good, Orton is getting back into the swing of things.

The Titans are no longer undefeated. As much as I dont like Favre, he is the man.

#202 of 250 Old 11-24-2008, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The Titans are no longer undefeated. As much as I dont like Favre, he is the man.
I'd have to agree with that. Though, I do wish the Titans would have stayed undefeated- I think it makes it interesting when there is an undefeated team (plus, I don't want the Pats to be the only modern team with that distinction!).

This is turning out to be an interesting season. If someone had shown me the standings to date at the beginning of the season, I don't think I would have believed them!

#203 of 250 Old 11-25-2008, 01:26 AM

[QUOTE=kirstenb;12675031]I'd have to agree with that. Though, I do wish the Titans would have stayed undefeated- I think it makes it interesting when there is an undefeated team (plus, I don't want the Pats to be the only modern team with that distinction!).QUOTE]

I didnt care one way or the other if the titans stayed undefeated. I just cant believe how farve comes back, leaves the packers goes to the Jets, then has a pretty good season. I thought for sure he would have been injured by now.
Also, dh is a big time Pats fan (he is from MA) and I dont mind if they are the only team to have go undefeated.

But it looks like Greenbay is going to lose tonight!!!!! 51-29 New Orleans! Vikings and Bears tied for 1st, Sunday will be very exciting!

#204 of 250 Old 11-25-2008, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
But it looks like Greenbay is going to lose tonight!!!!! 51-29 New Orleans! Vikings and Bears tied for 1st, Sunday will be very exciting!
:

#205 of 250 Old 11-30-2008, 09:56 PM

What an awesome Steelers game!!! Loved all of the turnovers.

Marie-Mom to two boys and a girl.
#206 of 250 Old 12-01-2008, 02:29 AM

What a craptastic weekend! I mean, I am STOKED that the Colts won but they did so playing LOUSY football. Thank GOD our D showed up. Every game was just kind of BLAH, ya know? Meh.

Oh well, 5 in a row baby!

Gone but not fogotten.
#207 of 250 Old 12-01-2008, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDS View Post
What a craptastic weekend!
Pretty much sums up my thoughts in regards to the Chargers.

But, go Vikes! : What an awesome game to watch. So glad they are now in the lead in the NFC North (and did it in a convincing way)! Glad I was able to watch a good game for once!

#208 of 250 Old 12-01-2008, 09:32 AM

both Tampa Bay and Carolina kept me on the edge of my seat... great games :
#209 of 250 Old 12-01-2008, 01:03 PM

Its a sad day for football in our house. Pats got whooped, Bears lost too. The Bears d looked terrible, Tillman does so many stupid things, we have no good recievers. We should have held on to Bernard Berrian. We have to win the rest of our games, and hope the Vikings lose some too.

#210 of 250 Old 12-07-2008, 11:09 PM

Oh man, I thought detriot was going to beat the Vikings today! I told dh this am that the vikings were going to lose to detriot, and I thought they would until the end. Oh well, the Bears won, but are still in 2nd place. Thursday night football, I am worried after seeing how NO played today, the Bears are in for one tough game. Pats won too, Jets lost! Tied for 1st!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page