Forum Jump: 

#121 of 184 Old 09-27-2008, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Information View Post
Ouch!
Yeah, he does the same to me some times. But he does hold me after I wake up from a nightmare.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#122 of 184 Old 09-27-2008, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Are you currently an artist? If not, perhaps you need to be delving into art. Your subconscious is telling you to create what doesn't exist!
i am an artist although my art dreams are not recent i haven't had any in years and lately i don't produce a whole lot of art because i can't do much around my son and i am very rarely not around him. i think i dream about art the most when i am pretty deep into projects or learning a new medium hmmm. i am hoping that in the next few weeks or maybe in the next month i can create a lot more art because i will be moving and will have more space and access to stuff that is more baby/toddler friendly. which brings me to a day dream i have had forever that is about to come true. and thats a day dream of living someplace where i can create art out of mud!!! hehe next saterday we are moving someplace that once it starts raining this fall will probably get pretty muddy and i am looking forward to creating some crazy art with the mud

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#123 of 184 Old 09-27-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
Yeah, he does the same to me some times. But he does hold me after I wake up from a nightmare.
That's sweet. Sounds like you have a good partner there.

Mama of 3 girls: 7.5 , 6 , and 4.5
#124 of 184 Old 09-29-2008, 12:36 AM

I dream of art too. I have seen things that don't truly exist. Sculpture like bizarre strange horrific things. Underwater things ... beautiful blue water paintings.

Miss Information ... that must have been terrible. Dreaming of the weapon bending. UGH. I had a miscarriage dream as well. It's an awful thing to go through

moonfroggy and mud ... what's better than that??

musician dad ... beware of female bees ... They STING!

I paint on occasion ... starting to again. I am on my second piece this week. I haven't painted since DD was born 4 years ago.

OK new dream ... I am wondering if my bout of creativity is bringing these dreams on - VIVID ... I hope this isn't too much for this group ... just let me know.

so ... dream one

I am doing this research project living in the desert, but at a zoo. There were these huge glass doors separating my small apartment from the actual bear exhibit. But somehow the doors failed and the bear ended up in my apartment (this is my second bear dream in the past month - if anyone cares to analyze) A lot went on that I don't remember - running from room to room. At some point I came in contact with a man ... it seemed like we had a thing going. He was doing his own research somewhere else. Still trying to desperately escape the bear I end up on top of the refrigerator (must have been really high ceilings) The bear is really swatting and growling and clawing at me. I have this long skinny wire and I keep swatting at him. I am so glad that the refrigerator is against the wall so I can lean back. And the bear can only try and get at me from 3 sides. It is at this point that the guy from earlier in my dream comes in and moves the refrigerator away from the wall, so I now have to fight the bear off from all sides. At some point the bear gets caught up in a blanket and I jump off the refrigerator onto him - I just keep jumping on him. I can hear bones crushing and I just keep jumping on him. The guy is really disappointed in me for killing the bear, where I was defending myself. My sister comes to pick me up as my research was over ... it's like I was dropped off somewhere to fend for myself - no one was around except this guy. I go to my car that my sister is driving and the whole top is squished where the bear had stepped on it. I put my stuff in the car and go back to the guy. We hold each other and there is this deep connection between us and I tell him, "I love you completely" He tells me he loves me to. It was this intense feeling of pure love so deeply connected. And then I get in the car and drive away.

Dream 2

I am with Brad Pitt and we are getting ready for a party. I am having a hard time trying to find something to wear. I feel fat and am doing that thing where nothing feels right on so I am trying on everything. Finally he says something about some kitten party. I am like Oh, that's where you want to go. Whatever. Fine - we can go there. Total attitude. I put on these really high healed white boots with this super short silver dress. He says something to me about needing to have an attitude and meaning it. So I say fine. His phone rings and he answers it. I say something and he doesn't respond so I say F-off and flip him the bird while walking out of our HUGE apartment and get into the elevator. He at this point leaves after me but I ignore him ... meaning my attitude - so we take separate elevators. He is talking to some movie guy on the phone about meeting with a director now, and the guy doesn't want to meet with him ... blah blah blah - and I wake up ...

only to fall back to sleep for dream number 3

I am at my present house where I come across an extra cottage like addition. There is a spare bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and a huge window. I can't believe I forgot about this space. A few cob webs but no biggie. There is a small sitting room where I remember having a couch and a rug there. I wonder how I forgot about this space. I go into another room and there is a HUGE water filtration system. There is a sign that says to skim before it drains. I look out the window and realize there is a gigantic pond outside. I go outside and the huge pond is crystal clear with a fountain in the center, that kind of bubbles out like a fan. I think why on earth did we dig that dinky pond (we have a small goldfish pond on our deck) when we could have just added fish here. There were smooth pebbles in the water and the lawn was manicured and lovely. I see a baby blue jay and pick it up as it must have fallen from it's nest. I go inside to show my daughter but my dog (who has passed) keeps wanting to eat it. I go into a bathroom to put it in the sink, but there is a black cat in the sink with five kittens. It was like the cat appeared out of thin air. So I took the bird somewhere else. I end up at the mall with my daughter and can't find my car, so we go into another store. We are looking at shoes when a 10 year old boy falls to the ground. I am empathetic and think I should offer a healing on him, but he gets up and is totally fine. DD and I choose all these sea shells (yes in the shoe department of course!). I lose my purse, but have my wallet. We go to check out. I have this wooden box my dad bought for me years before he passed. The check out girl has tagged it for $1.75. She broke a drawer. I start freaking out. I can't find my car, I lost my purse and now you broke the box my dad gave me before he died. Get that tag off this box. I start sorting the shells. They are reddish. Some of them are tiny squids. Really beautiful, there are sponges and weird muscle shaped ones ... all shells though. I see the look on DD face as I am freaking out at the woman and everyone in line is looking at me like ... WHOA! and I woke up again.

There you have it ... one night and a lot of dreaming ... I am exhausted!!!
#125 of 184 Old 09-29-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
That's sweet. Sounds like you have a good partner there.
I do. He holds me during thunderstorms too.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#126 of 184 Old 09-29-2008, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosheng View Post

magenta: how susceptible are you? how's about if i make up a dream about you being able to dream up the lottery numbers, oh, say, the day before they are drawn? and in this dream you share your prophetic propensities with all of the dreamers tribe? :

mf: :nana:
That is a positively inspired idea.

By the way it couldn't possibly be you responsible for the DDDDC? Could it?

homebirthing,,homeschooling intactalactivist mom to 3dd jumpers.gifand 2dsbouncy.gif.babyf.gifAlways busy
#127 of 184 Old 09-29-2008, 03:08 PM

Onelittleone -

That is a long night of dreaming. Even before you asked about the creativity sparking the dreams, I assumed that's why you did. Did you start dreaming before you started painting again, or painting before the vivid dreams. Either way, one probably stimulated the other up again.

Waking up during a dream does cause the dream sequence to change, I've found. Some elements carry over, others changeovers are completely different.

I keep thinking I want to keep a dream journal. Some of my dreams are so vivid and the feelings evoked are so powerful - especially the dreams about love. But, then again sometimes, no. They almost stir up too much longing, so that even though I feel happy in the dream, I wake up with a terrible ache in my heart that can't be shaken for a while.

#128 of 184 Old 09-29-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I do. He holds me during thunderstorms too.
Very awesome.

I'm trying to get to stop being afraid of thunderstorms because my dd1 (6.5) is absolutely terrified of thunderstorms and tornadoes. I have to get over my minor fear of thunderstorms/tornadoes so that I can be brave for her. I have to show her I'm not afraid so that she doesn't have to feel afraid.

So the last time we had a thunderstorms at night, I opened up the curtains and watched from our front window.

#129 of 184 Old 09-29-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Very awesome.

I'm trying to get to stop being afraid of thunderstorms because my dd1 (6.5) is absolutely terrified of thunderstorms and tornadoes. I have to get over my minor fear of thunderstorms/tornadoes so that I can be brave for her. I have to show her I'm not afraid so that she doesn't have to feel afraid.

So the last time we had a thunderstorms at night, I opened up the curtains and watched from our front window.
*shudders*

When DD was younger and scared of thunderstorms, I never bothered pretending. Just let her see that sometimes adult are scared of things like that too.

And at night we'd end up with three in a bed and DH being the one sandwiched in there because he was the 'brave one'.

#130 of 184 Old 09-29-2008, 08:45 PM

we had a kind of freaky group dream.
we had some houseguests staying over; an old friend of mine and his dd, who is my dd's friend. and some random hippy chick my friend brought with him.
so at some point in the night, i was having this nightmare that some people were attacking each other, trying to kill each other, and I kinda half woke up, shouting "STOP STOP STOP!" (shouted IRL, not just in the dream).
Then I realised that the people were fighting irl too - my friend had been snoring and keeping dp awake, so he went downstairs to shake the friend. the friend was dreaming that he was trapped in a massive spider web (which turned out to be his sleeping bag), and someone was attacking him, so he was thrashing around and kicking and shouting "AAAAARRRRRGHGHGHHHH!!".
it was funny in hindsight.

and even with him screaming blue murder, me shouting too, and my friend kicking and screaming like crazy in the bed with the 2 dds; they didn't wake up.
we had a good laugh about it in the morning.

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
#131 of 184 Old 09-29-2008, 08:57 PM

Had a sleep over a friends house, he's Korean, and he had an exchange student staying too, he was Japanese.

Woke up in the middle of the night and they were both talking in their sleep in their mother tongues and going back and forth like they were having a conversation. It was funny.

My dad once had a dream about a magical hamburger. He was talking about how he needed to find the magic hamburger to save the city.

I think weird dreams are hereditary.

#132 of 184 Old 09-30-2008, 08:05 AM

Hello all. Again I am having a tough time remembering my dreams. This has never happened to me. I have a journal for my dreams, always remember them, record them. Maybe I need to get a good night's sleep?? The only thing I remember about last night was In my dream I got a new car. It was orange. That's it.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#133 of 184 Old 09-30-2008, 08:27 AM

Me, too. Since taking the Ambien it is soooooo hard to remember. I had a crazy one last night, though but I can only remember bits and pieces. But I think I had a job in it, and was actuallly satisfied with my job. And I was going to do some writing for a school play, or English book, or something like that. And I remember having to walk several miles (6 or 7 I think) from one school to the high school which was in the middle of the country, and by the time we got there my kids were all grumpy that they had to walk that far.

I wish I could remember the job...I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

If you can't take the heat get out of the Kitchen.
#134 of 184 Old 10-01-2008, 07:51 AM

last night i dreamed that i had to go to a supermarket, only it was in this massive building, several stories high, really old, like full of antiques. and it was also a museum and a university in the building, and some science labs or something too. only the different things in the building weren't seperate. there was 4 floors, and lots of confusing corridors and staircases and elevators, and the supermarket shelves were all interspersed with the other stuff. everything was a total jumble and it was really confusing.
I was with some other people, and we finally got to the checkout, but we'd forgotten to get cheese. and something else, i can't remember. so i volunteered to go back and get cheese, and the casheir, who was also a mad scientist and teacher was sneering at me that I wouldn't be able to find my way.
well, i went anyhow, and of course got lost. there was all these weird rooms, and lots of dusty, dark wooden stuff. like a university out of 100 years ago.
weird.

#135 of 184 Old 10-01-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasgroovin View Post
Me, too. Since taking the Ambien it is soooooo hard to remember. I had a crazy one last night, though but I can only remember bits and pieces. But I think I had a job in it, and was actuallly satisfied with my job. And I was going to do some writing for a school play, or English book, or something like that. And I remember having to walk several miles (6 or 7 I think) from one school to the high school which was in the middle of the country, and by the time we got there my kids were all grumpy that they had to walk that far.

I wish I could remember the job...I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
Remembering bits and pieces is good, better than not remembering a thing.

What do I want to be when I grow up?? Does anyone know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
last night i dreamed that i had to go to a supermarket, only it was in this massive building, several stories high, really old, like full of antiques. and it was also a museum and a university in the building, and some science labs or something too. only the different things in the building weren't seperate. there was 4 floors, and lots of confusing corridors and staircases and elevators, and the supermarket shelves were all interspersed with the other stuff. everything was a total jumble and it was really confusing.
I was with some other people, and we finally got to the checkout, but we'd forgotten to get cheese. and something else, i can't remember. so i volunteered to go back and get cheese, and the casheir, who was also a mad scientist and teacher was sneering at me that I wouldn't be able to find my way.
well, i went anyhow, and of course got lost. there was all these weird rooms, and lots of dusty, dark wooden stuff. like a university out of 100 years ago.
weird.

Wow! I would have gone back for the cheese too.

#136 of 184 Old 10-01-2008, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

i wasn't able to post my dream yesterday but it was about a strange religious group and part of their religion was that they only wore brite purple and blue clothing and they did a silly dance. they where staying at an animal sanctuary and i was there to and while there i found a rabbit that had been branded and escaped wherever it was from and it hopped into my arms. i don't remember any dreams from last night.

my garden day dreams are now about creating a labrynth with a low cob wall instead of plants or stones. it is mostly a day dream and this morning was day dreaming about how i want out living room layed out. when we move. our living room is more of a play area than a living room although right now the main play stuff in it is a foam mat and a cardboard box. they provide hours of entertainment and fun for me and my son. when he is a little older and better at climbing his little table will return and when he is older than that i will set up a nice reading nook and i am day dreaming about all the art stuff i want to have around for him. right now all his play is about climbing though so we may not unpack other toys for a while

#137 of 184 Old 10-01-2008, 12:27 PM

wow, your daydream sounds awesome mf.
there's a place called the crystal castle near where i live they've made a massive labrynth paved in rose quartz

#138 of 184 Old 10-01-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
*shudders*

When DD was younger and scared of thunderstorms, I never bothered pretending. Just let her see that sometimes adult are scared of things like that too.

And at night we'd end up with three in a bed and DH being the one sandwiched in there because he was the 'brave one'.
No, I'm not pretending. I'm really working on being at "one" with nature's fury...or something like that.

#139 of 184 Old 10-01-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:

I wish I could dream of a direction to take for my next job. I had a job (I was in medical genetics last), don't feel a particular pull toward anything at the moment. I wish I could have a strong direction.

Isn't there some way we can induce certain dreams to happen?

#140 of 184 Old 10-01-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
wow, your daydream sounds awesome mf.
there's a place called the crystal castle near where i live they've made a massive labrynth paved in rose quartz
I bet this place is beautiful.

#141 of 184 Old 10-02-2008, 09:20 AM

yep. it's here
http://www.crystalcastle.com.au/gallery/index.htm
a huge property with a rainforest garden full of crystals. really full. they have some crystals weighing more than a ton, and hundreds of them.

#142 of 184 Old 10-02-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I wish I could dream of a direction to take for my next job. I had a job (I was in medical genetics last), don't feel a particular pull toward anything at the moment. I wish I could have a strong direction.

Isn't there some way we can induce certain dreams to happen?
Day dreams to come true, or night dreams just to happen?

I do believe in the power of positive thinking...many of my day dreams have come true.
I have tried forever to try to pick a topic to dream about before bed with ZERO success. Usually I want to dream about my mom, when I am particularly missing her. But she only comes to visit me when SHE wants to. And then when I wake up I am usually mad that in the dream I didn't really remember that she was dead and wished I had hugged her.

I have lots of mom dreams I could share. Some are quite bizarre. The last one I had, though, I did get a big hug from her that I could still feel when I woke up.

#143 of 184 Old 10-02-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Day dreams to come true, or night dreams just to happen?

I do believe in the power of positive thinking...many of my day dreams have come true.
I have tried forever to try to pick a topic to dream about before bed with ZERO success. Usually I want to dream about my mom, when I am particularly missing her. But she only comes to visit me when SHE wants to. And then when I wake up I am usually mad that in the dream I didn't really remember that she was dead and wished I had hugged her.

I have lots of mom dreams I could share. Some are quite bizarre. The last one I had, though, I did get a big hug from her that I could still feel when I woke up.
I need me to dream at night the next career I want to choose.

I was in the biosciences before I was a SAHM. I did that for 12 years. My littlest one will be in K in 2 years, I figure by then I ought to have an idea what I can do next.

That has to be so hard knowing you couldn't hug your mom all the time when you see her in your dream. I'd wake up very heartbroken. That's so good that you were able to hug her in the last dream.

#144 of 184 Old 10-02-2008, 07:26 PM

Ok...

It's winter, there's snow on the ground. I wake up on the front step wearing only a blanket and theirs a large brown and white bird in my yard (like 6 feet tall). So I come inside and head to my room, which is completely frozen over, everything is covered in ice. I pick up the news paper and learn that an ostrich had excaped from a near by farm so I try and get on the computer to find the phone number for the owners (cause the thing is still covered in snow in my front yard, no clue where the feathery brown legs came from though) and my computers all frozen too, but I know that if I can turn it on it will melt at least what's inside the house. Then I wake up...

I have no clue why people keep saying I have weird dreams!

#145 of 184 Old 10-02-2008, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

i know i had some sorta crazy trippy dream last night but i can't remember what happened.

i will be away for a bit we are moving saterday and spending tomorrow setting up the new house a little before we move and we have not set up internet at the new place yet. i will miss you all and your dreams and i look forward to being back.

#146 of 184 Old 10-02-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
yep. it's here
http://www.crystalcastle.com.au/gallery/index.htm
a huge property with a rainforest garden full of crystals. really full. they have some crystals weighing more than a ton, and hundreds of them.
That place looks awesome!!

#147 of 184 Old 10-03-2008, 08:29 AM

Okay, first dream in a long time and it's odd.

My son has dark hair under his arms, I mean LOTS of hair, and a mustache!

Then I woke up.

#148 of 184 Old 10-03-2008, 08:30 AM

So I really want to be part of this tribe but have been having a terrible time remembering my dreams lately. I have been trying to remember them clearly before I get out of bed and then they just seem to slip away once I start my day. :
#149 of 184 Old 10-03-2008, 02:25 PM

What about daydreams sly!

#150 of 184 Old 10-03-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
What about daydreams sly!
I'm in one of them! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page