Are Crestview Moms out there?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-25-2008, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just moved to Crestview...I'm a military wife, and would love to talk to any moms out there in the Crestview or around the area. I am thinking about starting a playgroup, but right now I would just like to get to talk to some people PLEASE!

That would be sooo nice:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-01-2008, 03:36 AM

I'm not a Crestview Mama YET but we are moving there in June. I know its a bit off but I'll be there soon. : We are military also! I know a bit about the area as my family is close but not too much.

I will be going home for Christmas so maybe we could met up then for a play date.
#3 of 7 Old 12-01-2008, 03:35 PM

Man, I've lived here for 10 years, and FINALLY a group of like-minded mamas is beginning to assemble--just as we are getting ready to move away!

So sad...

But rest assured, there *is* a small (growing!) group of NFL/AP families around. There is a great LLL group that meets in Niceville 2x/month, and several of the members live in Crestview. There is a handful of MDC mamas here, too! Search this forum for "Crestview" and you'll find several other threads. Welcome to the area! It's a great town to live in, and getting better all the time!

And, if anyone is looking for a house, something out in the country with a little over an acre (great for gardening, chickens, and pets!), I know JUST the place, LOL!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#4 of 7 Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Michelle and Sarah!

So excited to see some mamas out here. Michelle, I think that would be a great idea to possible meet up if you're not too busy during the holidays. How old are your children? I have one little girl whose 2.

Sarah, I'm sorry to hear that you're moving. When are you moving? Thanks for the tips on finding the other threads. It's been pretty frustrating trying to find playgroups or anything (for that matter).

Hope to hear from you again,
Vall

P.S.I'm pretty new to this website so I don't understand all the lingo so forgive me in advance if I don't know or don't make sense when I"m typing some things out...lol!

By the way, what is LLL group?
#5 of 7 Old 12-02-2008, 02:50 PM

LLL is La Leche League....a free, mom-run breastfeeding support group. Great place to meet other like-minded moms, even if you aren't currently breastfeeding. Good place to network about decent doctors, etc.

We are moving in a little less than three weeks--going to Fort Wayne, Indiana! : In the dead of winter!

But I'm sure we'll be back to visit as often as possible; maybe we can get together at some point! If you have any questions about crestview--doctors, chiros, coops, shopping, etc., I'll try to answer them. Right now, 3 of my 4 kids are sick, and I'm a bit under the weather, too, but I'll try to get back to this thread later, or you can send me a private message (click on my name).

How long are y'all stationed here? 3 years?

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#6 of 7 Old 12-20-2008, 01:11 AM

I live in niceville - the LLL meetings are great places to meet great moms. We'll be having our next meeting the first friday in janary - i think that's the second of january. It's at 10:30 a.m. at the FUMC in Niceville. Let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

Looking forward to see you there hopefully!
#7 of 7 Old 08-06-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post

LLL is La Leche League....a free, mom-run breastfeeding support group. Great place to meet other like-minded moms, even if you aren't currently breastfeeding. Good place to network about decent doctors, etc.

We are moving in a little less than three weeks--going to Fort Wayne, Indiana! : In the dead of winter!

But I'm sure we'll be back to visit as often as possible; maybe we can get together at some point! If you have any questions about crestview--doctors, chiros, coops, shopping, etc., I'll try to answer them. Right now, 3 of my 4 kids are sick, and I'm a bit under the weather, too, but I'll try to get back to this thread later, or you can send me a private message (click on my name).

How long are y'all stationed here? 3 years?

I know this is from YEARS and YEARS ago but I'd love to know some of this info :) I am still reading through the forms for any "crestview" info lol Thanks :)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page