North Metro Atlanta playgroup--2009! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-11-2010, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure what the weather is going to do tomorrow, but it turns out that dd has a make-up Spanish class. So I don't think we'll be able to hang out. Next week: hope for sun and warmth!

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2010, 12:22 PM

We're headed to the Sweet Apple Elementary playground this afternoon if anyone wants to join us! We won't be getting there until around 1 (another Spanish make-up!)

~*Kristi*~

Old 03-12-2010, 01:02 PM

Today we've decided to go somewhere new: Pirate's Cove. Watch out when you enter the site, there's some loud music on the video. We'll be there at 12:30 if anyone wats to join us.

~*Kristi*~

Old 03-30-2010, 01:27 PM

That Pirates Cove things sounds cool! How was it, did you go Lula's Mom?

Any gatherings in Metro Atlanta anytime soon that would be good for an 18 month old?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:22 PM

We did go! It was pretty good, the kids really loved it. There was a lot of sand... and a couple of incidents where kids got shot at close range with a ball cannon. Those things should really be locked to point up, but you can aim them anywhere, including at your small friend who's innocently building a sand castle nearby. Nobody was seriously hurt, but if it was my place that's what I'd do. We'd probably go more often but it was far! It took at least 40 minutes.

I was just talking with one friend about doing a hike this Friday, so that probably would be too much for your little one, right? Next week we will likely be back at a park, so if you're around please do come.

~*Kristi*~

Old 06-01-2010, 03:17 PM

I'm a new mom, just moved to Cumming, GA..... are you still doing play groups?

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 PM

Hi Valarie! Yes, we still meet almost every Friday (except not tomorrow!) I guess we haven't been keeping up the thread much- it seems like a lot of people pop in to express interest but never show up, so the core group who always go have taken to just making plans on Facebook. But you and anyone else are always more than welcome. I will try to remember to come and update where we decide to go next week! How old is your ds?

~*Kristi*~

Old 06-03-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula's Mom View Post
Hi Valarie! Yes, we still meet almost every Friday (except not tomorrow!) I guess we haven't been keeping up the thread much- it seems like a lot of people pop in to express interest but never show up, so the core group who always go have taken to just making plans on Facebook. But you and anyone else are always more than welcome. I will try to remember to come and update where we decide to go next week! How old is your ds?
huh. I didn't know that... thought I was part of the "core group".

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 06-03-2010, 12:34 PM

I didn't mean to upset you Christine! Of course you are- I love it when you show up, but nobody comes every single week except Gretchen & Tracy so that is what I meant. It seems like after that giant baby boom last year, everyone went their separate ways. I was posting here, but only ever seeing Gretchen and Tracy on Fridays. I got lax and just started asking them where they wanted to go on FB. But now that the weather is nice, I hope everyone will come again.

~*Kristi*~

Old 06-11-2010, 12:31 AM

I had just started coming to these playgroups 2 yrs ago but then we moved away to Kansas City for the past year and a half. Well, we are back in Roswell now and would love to come play! I have one daughter, Sophie, who is now 2 1/2. Please, I am desperate for like minded mommas!!!!

Abby, mom to Sophie and wife to Jason
Old 06-11-2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymann01 View Post
I had just started coming to these playgroups 2 yrs ago but then we moved away to Kansas City for the past year and a half. Well, we are back in Roswell now and would love to come play! I have one daughter, Sophie, who is now 2 1/2. Please, I am desperate for like minded mommas!!!!

Abby, mom to Sophie and wife to Jason
abby, you're back!!

well I am up for something tomorrow. jack usually naps from 9-11ish so a late morning/lunchy time would work for us.

i can't believe sophie is 2.5, I remember when she was a newborn and you came to your first koalamommas meeting

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 06-11-2010, 12:14 PM

Today is going to be too hot and humid for me to go to a park. I don't mind the heat as much as the sweating, ugh. I am kind of wimpy about melting heat! I'm going to go hide inside of the cheapy movies at the Picture Show in Marietta- 12:00, Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Gretchen is going to go as well. Anyone is welcome to join us! If you go to the park, have fun- you are a stronger woman than I.

~*Kristi*~

Old 06-11-2010, 12:14 PM

ok well, i'm planning to be at roswell area park around 11, maybe shortly after.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:49 PM

I know, it's been a while since that first meeting! thanks to you, though, I wore Sophie as long as she'd let me. It sounds like you have a new one, little Jack - is he the 3rd? And obviously, I didn't check this thread today so I missed you at the park. We were at the Riverside spraypark, fighting the heat. Hope you guys had fun and maybe we can see you next week. Is koalamommas still around?
Old 06-12-2010, 12:51 AM

yup, jack is #3. I was still pregnant with him the last time I saw you I think - i attended your session at the LLL conf last year

koalamommas is still around, but i'm not leading it anymore. It got to be too much for me with the kids and the ICAN work that I have been involved in the past few years.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:32 PM

Ah, yes, I guess you were now that you remind me. How much fun (and work it must be to have 3!! Hopefully I'll get to meet up with you guys at some point soon and meet him.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:19 PM

We are moving to marietta July 1st and I would love to have more info on your playgroups!! I will be needing to get out and make friends for myself and my kids... I have an 8 year old son, a 5 year old daughter and a 20 month old son! Thanks!!!

Noelle crazy mama to: Benjamin 5/31/02, Olivia 3/11/05, and Jacoby 10/14/08
Old 06-15-2010, 05:51 PM

I am home for the whole summer in Alpharetta and would LOVE to start playing with you all.

I have a two year old and five year old boy.

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:07 AM

Anyone from Marietta/Kennesaw/Woodstock want to get together? Roswell/Alpharetta is too far for me to drive

DS is almost 3 1/2 and is a doll, really sweet and smart and loves to play, esp with older kids. It would be nice for him to have some friends!

I am up for anything but pools which stinks since no one is going to the parks because it is too hot. But we want DS's first experience of pools and beaches to be on our vacation later this year.

Oh and I won't do the Childrens museum anymore. We have been there 6 or 7 times and have both caught colds each time.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Since it's "only" going to be 88 today, K and I are going to head to Roswell Area Park around noon (and hope we don't get rained on!) Anyone want to join us?
Old 07-16-2010, 04:39 PM

i totally missed this this morning. hope y'all had fun!

Old 07-23-2010, 12:11 PM

I am just finding this thread and would LOVE to join you guys sometime! I'll be looking out on Fridays. It would be great to hang out with some like-minded mamas!

In the meantime, I'm in ITP near Briarcliff/Shallowford. Anyone want to plan a playdate in the area?
Old 09-10-2010, 01:26 AM

Heading to Sweet Apple tomorrow around 1:00, and across the street to Menchie's for frozen yogurt afterward (shhh, that part is a secret from the kids!) Anyone is welcome to join us!

~*Kristi*~

Old 09-30-2010, 11:57 PM

Aaaand now we're going to Wills Park tomorrow at 11! All are welcome.

~*Kristi*~

User Tag List